Belfast International Youth Hostel Reviews

22-32 Donegal Road, Belfast, Northern Ireland

I would've liked a free or less expensive breakfast for the value.

Great staff with a great location. However negative marks for the lack of utensils in the kitchen. Had to wait for a spoon to become free one morning to eat my breakfast with! Also there were lots of noisy French school kids one night. Not the fault of the YH but the supervising teachers I guess.

Room didn't even have a small towel in it. no sinks in the toilet/shower and no soap by the room's sink. Had to leave early and was told I couldn't have my 2nd night refunded (I had two nights to go) Key card entry at lift is good for security but my floor had atleast 20 rooms on it and the doors were very flimsy, felt worried to leave anything valuable incase of break-in by another guest.

• 8th Apr 2014

Wifi in the rooms would be awesome. Employees at the desk were awesome! Very nice and helpful!!

• 6th Apr 2014

Excellent value for money vs. location. Great atmosphere and facilities. Thanks for everything :)

• 4th Apr 2014
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Enjoyable stay - friendly staff, especially in the cafe. Helpful having coach trip office in hostel. Rooms pleasant and clean. All the facilities I needed. Only comment would be to have a few more mugs and clean teatowels in the members kitchen (but know they tend to go for walks!) Otherwise it was great to have such a large members kitchen. Have already recommended hostel to others.

• 26th Mar 2014

Good quality hostel withing walking distance of city centre.

The staff of the hostel was very nice and helpful. The kitchen is one of the best I've ever seen in a hostel, fully equipped with three stoves and erverything else you need. The only thing missing is salt and pepper. The mattresses were awful, too thin and covered with plastic under the sheets - of course because of hygiene but we were sweating a lot because of that. No wi-fi in the rooms! Unfortunately, there is more information on youth hostels in other countries than on Belfast itself.

I really enjoyed my stay. The only thing that was not very good was the location. There is a train station just a couple blocks away, but it can get expensive to take the train a lot. The hostel itself is a very good facility. I was able to share a room with my traveling companion, and it was a good setup. The showers and restrooms are kept clean and the staff is very friendly and helpful with tips within the city.

The staff was real friendly, and the Causeway Café had great food at affordable prices! However, I have seen far nicer rooms. Both the room and the bathroom looked as though it had not been properly cleaned, and the bathroom door was rotten from humidity. Also, there is no wi-fi available in the rooms or dorms, only in the reception area.

• 18th Mar 2014
  • Norway

No soap was available in any of the bathrooms.

• 17th Mar 2014

Positive: the hostel was nice, clean and very well located. Not dirty at all. Things to improve: I did not like the fact that the rooms for 6 people were so small. I felt I needed more space between each bunk bed. Also, the showerheads were fixed. I prefer them to be detachable, as it is a hassle to wash your hair everytime you need to go for a shower. The staff were very distant, they were not close at all. I did not feel that comfortable when I asked them for something.

• 15th Mar 2014
  • Spain

Foul odor in the 4 bed dormitory, apparently coming from sweat-smelling duvets. Bathrooms and toilets are barely OKish. The rooms in the back of the building are very noisy until late because of a club overlooking the car park. Staff was really nice though.

A small breakfast included would be nice

• 12th Mar 2014

The hostel is well located, very clean and quiet, good quality-price. The breakfast was delicious, well presented and lots of options to choose. The staff in the cantine very nice! Advise: I think the receptionist at night should promote the breakfast for instance when he does the check in and give also some information about the hostel. He just asked our Id, we had to ask him everything, and really worth to promote the breakfast!!

Very friendly service at reception, easy to find, non squeeky bunks!

Beds were ready for skip!

Maybe lacking a little in atmo, but was good for what I was looking for, secure, good location and good value. Helpful staff and awesome food in cafe for breakfast..

• 15th Feb 2014

Generally it's a really nice hostel but it can be quite noisy at night. I stayed at 2/f but still the noise (people talking & traffic) from the street is very loud especially at night (even after 1am).

• Hong Kong

I missed soap in the shared bathrooms. But apart from that it was good and for a one-night-stay absolutely satisfying.

« first « Prev 1 2 3