Belfast International Youth Hostel Reviews

22-32 Donegal Road, Belfast, Northern Ireland

The place is generally good, good location, close to some good bars and clubs. The kitchen was really below average. It smelled, knives were dull, so slicing some tomatoes could get really frustrating. Can opener didn't work, so i had to use a knife, which was quite risky. On the first day, 2 out of 12 stove heads worked. Wouldn't recommend for people wanting a good modern kitchen.

Rooms had beds and toilets were clean, alright. But the overall atmosphere was sad and boring, not fun nor positive.

The common rooms are not really lively - hard to meet people. Seems there's lots of people actually living there, or sthing like that - cause there were really few tourists. The place is, in my opinion quite badly located for tourist sight seeing - you have to necessarily walk at least 15mn or take the bus.

The place in OK conditions. Does not have the "Hostel Spirit" since it is basically a building with rooms, where everybody gather in the lower ground since it is the only floor with internet (yeah, not joking). My room was just two bunk beds, a sink and two lockers in poor condition. It was enough but my first thought was a prison cell, ahah!! The shower does not offer a proper protection to keep your belongings safe from water if you're not careful. At the end, it deserves a positive grade...

Pretty standard HI hostel. Not much in terms of atmosphere. The staff was realy good... lent usa lock for no charge. It's a bed at a decent price.

Amazing hostel!!! Staff trying everything to make your stay comfortable!

There was no working oven in the kitchen! The hostel is really big, but the only oven they had was out of order. Someone, I guess an angry traveler, had written a note next to it saying that it had been broken since April! Considering it is now September, this just seems ridiculous. Also, 1 of the 2 microwaves they had was also broken, and the other one didn't rotate. But, it was cheap and near the city center, and they did have a really good cafe there. TL;DR the kitchen was a joke.

Nice welcoming and helpful staff. Great location for exploring Belfast. Housekeeping very good. Nice cafe open till lunchtime daily a bonus. Handy vending machines. Clear rules

My friend and I really enjoyed our stay, the staff were lovely, the hostel was really clean and secure and the beds were the most comfortable hostel beds I've slept in! The location is great, really close to the centre and the bus station. The only drawback was that there was only wifi available in the lobby, not in the rooms.

• 2nd Sep 2014

We really enjoyed our stay at the Belfast International Youth Hostel. But especially the curtains, the windows and the bathrooms need to be cleaned!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fair place for a night's stay. Main problem was the kitchen, nice and big however only 1 of the 3 stovetops were working (made it difficult with 10+ peopke trying to cook)!

Shower facilities in private room was not overly great. Took a good 10 minutes for the water to only get to warm. Was not hot at all.

Great stay, friendly staff, and wonderful location. Would recommend to anyone.

The location is the biggest advantage of this hostel and was the reason for our stay. Do not expect too much about the facility and comfortability. We booked a twin room with shared toilet and shower room. The shower room was clean but the water was neither warm nor strong enough. The light in the toilet i used did not work. The beds were quite small but just OK for a short stay. Generally, it was worth the price considering the good location.

Very accomodating, fantastically helpful staff

• 26th Aug 2014
  • Wales

Great hostel, cleaner and with better facilities than most I have visited. Staff were extremely friendly and helpful. Seamless, hassle free stay with no extra charges. Thank you, I'll definitely be back!

• 25th Aug 2014

Hello! Many thanks for your review of your recent stay at our Belfast International Youth Hostel. We love to hear when we have done things right! It was an absolute pleasure to have you stay with us and we would be delighted to welcome you back again in the future! Cathy

The staff were really lovely but the hostel just didn't have any vibe. I was trying to have a quiet few nights so it suited me fine. The wifi only in the lobby was a bit frustrating.

Brilliant stay enjoy it.

• 23rd Aug 2014
  • Northern Ireland

Hello! Many thanks for taking the time to leave feedback on your recent stay at our Belfast international Youth Hostel. We are absolutely delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay! Please come back and visit us again soon! Cathy

I would definately stay again. The location was perfect. The staff were so friendly and accomodating, and the cafe ajoining was extremely reasonable pricewise and breakfast hot and plentiful. I travelled with two older teens and they felt the same.

The staff were fabulous, they were very helpful about places to visit, and they made the stay all the more enjoyable...well done, gents! The facilities were basic but clean and functional....more value for money than we had expected. Thanks for looking after us!

• 22nd Aug 2014
  • Scotland

Hello - thank you so much for taking the time to review your recent stay at Belfast International Youth Hostel. I cannot tell you how thrilled we are when we receive such lovely feedback from guests, especially about our staff! It was an absolute pleasure to have you stay and I very much hope you will come back again! Cathy

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7