Belfast International Youth Hostel Reviews

22-32 Donegal Road, Belfast, Northern Ireland

Staff were really friendly and helpful! The hob in the kitchen would keep turning off making it difficult to cook but staff were there straight away trying to fix it for us! We had a bit of a stinky drain in our room which would make our whole room smell unpleasant!

• 20th Apr 2015

Beds incredibly uncomfortable. Very loud with the plastic mattress. Kind of a dreary facility. Not much going on. Bathroom was slightly belobelow average in cleanliness. The WiFi very poor, even in the lounge area where it is, quite idiotically, the only place to be in rangerange of connection. I wish thatthat this hostel, as well as Belfast in general, had more in store for us, but was ultimately a let down.

• 19th Apr 2015
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Hello. Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. I am sorry that you didn't enjoy your stay at the hostel, or indeed in Belfast. Big, busy hostels are constantly being renewed and refreshed - we recently replaced most of our mattressses and the process is ongoing. Our IT team is also working on improving the wifi access in our public areas. Come back and see us again and perhaps we cab make the experience a better one for you. Enjoy the rest of your trip.

Staff was excellent and really helpfull. Walls were dirty, cealling, and hidden places (behind of the door, corners...). Rooms should be painted more often.

• 18th Apr 2015
  • Spain

I really enjoyed staying with you, but one thing that didn´t live up to my expectations was the wifi.

• 18th Apr 2015

Hi - thank you for your kind comments, they are much appreciated. Our Tech guys are currenty working on improving our wifi access (not always easy in a big, busy buidling) so hopefuly if you come back and see us you will notice the difference. Happy travels!

Wifi only worked in certain areas of the main floor

the free city-tour was excellent the restrooms weren^t very clean

• 11th Apr 2015

Worst Hostel I've been at in my life. I checked in but finally ended up sleeping else where. I didn't even ask for a refund, I just wanted to get out of there. I couldn't sleep there the atmosphere was horrible, there was loud classic music in the common area and a weird smell in the hallway . One of the two staff member I've seen was welcoming, it's the only positive about that place.

The staff was very friendly and helpful also with any kind of advice. The rooms comfortable and had enough space even in the 20 bed dorm. Wifi was quite slow but it was ok. There was offered a free tour for Belfast, and you could get a discount for a Giant's causeway tour with McCromb's.

The hostel is very well located but the hostel is noisy (a night club nearby) and not clean. In particular the self catering kitchen was the worst we have seen (we have stayed in YHAs in many countries and cities).We did mention cleaning to the hostel staff but they seem to think that the self catering kitchen wasn't their concern! Facilities are more limited than the description implies - WIFI only on ground floor and not reliable, café only available from 8 to 12.

• 8th Apr 2015
  • New Zealand

Travelling with a southern registered car I was extremely nervous parking in this area of Belfast. All of my fears were however unfounded. The location and security were excellent - extremely central to the city. The staff could not do enough to help. I would thoroughly recommend this hostel

• 6th Apr 2015

Very clinical and impersonal as you might expect from a big hostel, in a fairly loyalist area of Belfast although still very central. Fine for the price with lots of security just not my personal preference for a hostel.

Hi there, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review and we hope that you enjoyed your time in Belfast overall. Best Wishes Belfast International Youth Hostel

Only drawback of this Hostel is that the bunk beds are so low that you can't sit up straight!

Hello there, it was great to read that you enjoyed your stay overall. We must confess that your comment re the bunk beds is a new one for us(!) but be assured we do value all feedback. Best Wishes Belfast International Youth Hostel

A distinctly average hostel. Has those push-button showers and taps, no towels provided, the kitchen is far from the rooms and the common areas are sparse. Walls a bit thin - the traffic was very audible from the room and I got woken up by people singing/shouting every night. Probably best for larger groups of tourists.

Hello there and thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We do welcome all feedback and be assured that your own comments will be taken on board when reviewing policies and maintenance work in the future. Safe Travels Belfast International Youth Hostel

Calidad, precio no es bueno

It is an excellent place to stay beyond our expectations for that range of price. Almost all staff are very friendly, welcoming and helpful. They went the extra mile to assist us with parking and with our queries regarding the city. Some staff could be a little be more friendly and warm. In hospitality business, more money from the customer does not buy more kindness from staff.

• 1st Apr 2015

Hi there, thank you for taking the time to leave us such a positive review - we do appreciate it. Be assured that we will take your feedback on board. Safe Travels Belfast International Youth Hostel

The tap of the sink need constant pressing, so only one hand could be in the water at one time. It was really difficult for face washing. One of the water tap was too strong that water just splashed everywhere. Heaters in room were sufficient. Staff were friendly. Good that I can borrow hairdryer but the wait was long. I once waited for over an hour at the reception. Overall, it was a pleasant stay.

• 31st Mar 2015
  • Hong Kong

Hello there, thank you for taking the time to review us. It was great to read that you enjoyed your stay and be assured that we do value all feedback. Safe Travels Belfast International Youth Hostel

The shower isn't hot. Heater just open at night after 7pm. Kitchen is clean

• 31st Mar 2015
  • China

Hello there, thank you for taking the time to review us and be assured that we do welcome all feedback. We hope that you enjoyed your time in Belfast. Happy Travels Belfast International Youth Hostel

Decent hostel in a decent location, only 15minutes walk to the main centre. Few pubs along the way such as The Crown. Pubs closer by too and a KFC. The causeway cafe is great, good breakfast for a fiver. Hostel rooms were what they were, very quiet as well.

• 30th Mar 2015

Hello there, it was great to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and we appreciate the time you've taken to leave us such a positive review. Best Wishes Belfast International Youth Hostel

Great hostel and would be best in Belfast save for ever so early 11pm shutdown of common areas.

Hi there, thank you for taking the time to leave us such a positive review and be assured we will take your feedback on board. Best Wishes Belfast International Youth Hostel

The man at the front was horribly rude. I was the only native English speaker of the group and was trying to explain to my friends that we had to leave a photo id at the desk to get an key card (a ridiculous policy, I don't know about you, but I don't typically trust someone with the only copy of my passport) and he interrupted my conversation to inform my group that it wasn't his fault I did a terrible job at informing them of their policies before booking their rooms. Also, no free breakfast..

Hi there and thank you for taking the time to review us. Our policy of retaining IDs is clearly stated in our booking terms and conditions and has been in place for more than twenty years. As you can see, we are rated very highly for security. Nevertheless, be assured that we do welcome all feedback. Safe Travels Belfast International Youth Hostel

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6