Belfast International Youth Hostel Reviews

22-32 Donegal Road, Belfast, Northern Ireland

No lockers provided... I felt a bit insecure

• 2nd Sep 2015
  • Spain

Awesome place, great facilities, great atmosphere, will definitely stay here again!

• 30th Aug 2015

Very helpful front desk staff - went above and beyond in helping us with lots of baggage!

• 30th Aug 2015

I felt very comfortable at the hostel. They had good rooms, although I had to share with 15 more girls. Good shower. Good location. Good place to have a breakfast. Problems: few eletrical outlet and no internet inside the rooms

Nice hostel! I stayed in a 23 bedrooms dorm and that was very ok! Clean rooms and beds, the bathroom could have been a lot cleaner though. And there were no hooks to hang anything. Nice and helpfull staff!

Lorries and Buses arrive at the hostel from 6.30 am and insist on leaving their engines running below the windows. As if it is not bad enough to have the Ambulances howling past all night, anyone in a front-of-house room will be lucky to be able to sleep through them without very good earplugs, or the likes. For the nominal sum involved in giving each visitor some earplugs, [pennies] this could be helped tremendously and I hope the management seize the opportunity to take this initiative.

Twas grand yeah like

Loved our stay in Belfast, we especially loved Phil who checked us in and took the time to make several good pub recommendations. Thanks Phil!

• 24th Aug 2015

Very large hostel. Quite disjointed as it is so vast. Clean, convenient, not great for meeting new ppl and the WiFi is only available by sign in on the ground floor. But excellent value especially if you are travelling with someone already

Only 4 hangers & no other storage space. Shelves would a cheap fix. We were stood in heavy rain getting soaked at 1am on Sunday night as no staff were visible to respond to buzzer. Eventually let in by a guest! No heating in room to dry us off so both ended up with colds.. Alans Cafe very good food, service & value . Overall, well located & good value but could be a bit cleaner. Shelves & even a tv in the room wouldn't cost much. Friendly & helpful staff badly let down by absentee on Su

• 22nd Aug 2015

Excellent and friendly staff! Loved the location, just 15 minutes from the city centre and behind two of the best pubs of Belfast. Coffee in the morning in the Causeway Cafe was lovely and the self-catering kitchen was big and well organized. Wifi in the rooms and easier to use would be great... Not bright clean and not very new furniture but average.

• 21st Aug 2015

I had a good time here. The front deesl staff was friendly and helpful. The cafe is great and reasonably priced. The rooms and toilets were clean and hygienic. Overall - 4 staars out of 5

All good. Basic room but was what I was expecting.

i had stayed in your hostel in january 2014, and i was very pleased that the cleanliness of your hostel has really improved since then. i was also much more quiet than last time, but that may have had to do with the location of my room. I was very pleased with my stay:)

• 20th Aug 2015
  • Switzerland

Room was very basic and very small. Good kitchen facilities. Staff were very friendly. Nice amount of space to hang out in outside of the room

• 19th Aug 2015

No wifi on rooms

The only negative that I could give is that I had severe difficulty connecting to the wifi. The wifi is only available in the common area, which is understandable, however instead of a generic wifi login you have to enter in a unique passcode everyday,or for me everytime I relogged into my laptop. Of the 3 nights I spent at the hostel I was only able to connect to the wifi for one of those. The other two, I would connect to the network, but had limited connectivity and was unable to browse.

• 16th Aug 2015

Had a great time - staff were EXTREMELY helpful, friendly and knowledgeable. Great location near train and bus stations, between centre and university. Causeway Cafe also really nice - great range of food and good value - they clearly put a lot of thought in to making it nice. Only problem seemed to be the bizarre industrial taps in the bathrooms - we could hear it EVERY time people in the rooms around us turned the tap on, which obviously went on all night - worth thinking about for next refit!

I thought the hostel was fine. Shame breakfast wasn't included but what was more of a shame was that I thought I was booking direct and I ended up going through Hostel World. Only £10.50 a night when booking direct with the hostel.

Arrived Saturday 15th August evening. An efficient, polite and funny receptionist booked us in. Great first point of call and was so helpful. Excellent breakfast - one of the best and good value.

• 15th Aug 2015