Belfast International Youth Hostel Reviews

22-32 Donegal Road, Belfast, Northern Ireland

This is the 3rd time we've stay at this hostel. The location for the city is great - not sure about the Rangers club across the street and the 2hr pipe band parade when we arrived though - VERY intimating. The onsite Causeway Cafe is outstanding the food is freshly made and presented beautifuly.

No real common area I felt. Great location

The gentleman at the reception was very friendly and addressed me by my first name (even after I checked out and came back for my luggage in the late afternoon) which, I thought, was very friendly and meticulous of him to remember me. However, shower did not have hooks to hang clothes/towel and drainage system was clogged. Wi-fi was only available at the lobby, not a problem for me but definitely something to note. Rooms are spacious and clean, and you are able to borrow a towel for free.

• 24th Jul 2015
  • Singapore

It was a fine hostel, just nothing special. Everything was quite average. Probably because it is soo big. We tried to get some information about things to do and the staff was not very helpful.

Botanic Railway station just 5 Minuten away. 24-hour-supermarket in the station. Good alternative as the Causeway cafe in the hostel opens at 07:55 and you have to queue sometimes or have to wait at the table when served. From Botanic direct trains to Coleraine, there to change into bus to Giant's Causeway. Try the tram from Bushmills.

• 18th Jul 2015

This place is great for the price and they have good recommendations for things to see, even in other cities in Ireland. The rooms are nice, beds comfy, and everything is clean. No complaints.

Clean and well look after hostel accommodation. Will stay here again

• 17th Jul 2015
  • South Africa

The hostel is very basic and one of the rooms we taked was having smoke smelling

First, we weren´t very happy with the location... The Hostel iself was really safe, but we didn´t feel very comfortable in the street... It was really noisy there and there were a lot of strange people... The atmosphere in the Hostel was cold and really uncomfortable! And the Hostel was lying about the Internet... they wrote at their Homepage, that there is free Wifi, but we didn´t got Wifi in the rooms, just in the lounge and in my opinion, that´s really bold...

• 14th Jul 2015

The hostel was easy to find. Very clean and it almost looks new. The guy at reception was amazing.

Very clean and secure hostel. A bit of a walk to the train and bus station. Very friendly and helpful staff, had answers to any questions I had.

A lot of alarms, and noise from garbage-picking-trucks - but nothing that could be avoided somehow. Thanks for the friendliness!

• 10th Jul 2015

The guy staying on the reception at night was a bit rude. Everything else was fine.

Unfortunately again I had booked a room that backed onto the nightclub and found it hard to get to sleep with the noise. The windows really aren't great, whether they are closed or not the noise is still the same. If you guys are doing any upgrades in the near future you should consider putting double or triple glazing in room 215

• 10th Jul 2015

Nice place to stay not far from the city centre. Loved the free weekend walking tour!

great stay

• 3rd Jul 2015

loved the brekfast cafe nexdoor

• 2nd Jul 2015

The hostel advertises 'no gimmicks, just clean, safe accommodation' and that's exactly what you'll get. It's functional accomodation. The bathrooms were not super clean, but that was likely due to the (mis)behavior of guests. The self-catering kitchen was a nightmare, almost no cutlery or plates and a bad smell. You should go for breakfast in the Causeway Café instead and eat out in one of the pubs! And I'll never get why they have these plastic mattresses...

Someone wrote on a website recently that we do 'exactly what it says on the tin' and we like to think that we do the basics very well: a good value, safe, friendly place to spend a night or two. We do our best to keep on top of supplies of cutlery and crockery in the self-catering kitchen (you probably wouldn't believe how quickly stuff disappears!) If you can think of a solution, other than taking a deposit as people borrow what they need, please let me know :o) Safe Travels. David

Had a great stay needed to be near City hospital for visiting relative.The staff at hostel are very friendly and helpful . Had my meals in restaurant next door nice food friendly and helpful staff .Would come back .Thanks.

• 30th Jun 2015

Thank for your 97% score after your recent stay. Hopefully we will see you again, but under other circumstances. David

Having a table and at least two chairs would be nice!

• 29th Jun 2015