Belfast International Youth Hostel Reviews

22-32 Donegal Road, Belfast, Northern Ireland

Wifi only available in the lobby/common area??? I've never stayed at a place where that was the case especially when paying £15 per night. No breakfast included either. Plastic cover on mattress underneath the fitted sheet? Are you kidding me? It was so uncomfy and made sounds every time I moved. Tried to save a bit more money by staying there but you might end up spend more on roaming 3G charges. Ha! Staff was okay but not the greatest either. Overall I wouldn't stay there ever again.

The hostel is within easy walking distance of the Europa bus terminus and Great Victoria Street railway station so it is easy to find and get to. Airport buses link to this point while any travellers wishing to go to other parts of Northern Ireland or Dublin can easily get a connection. The twin room was cleaned and ready for me. I bought a breakfast each morning at the hostel, where there was a very wide choice. The kitchen facilities were great and I brought in other meals.

• 15th Sep 2014

The place is generally good, good location, close to some good bars and clubs. The kitchen was really below average. It smelled, knives were dull, so slicing some tomatoes could get really frustrating. Can opener didn't work, so i had to use a knife, which was quite risky. On the first day, 2 out of 12 stove heads worked. Wouldn't recommend for people wanting a good modern kitchen.

Rooms had beds and toilets were clean, alright. But the overall atmosphere was sad and boring, not fun nor positive.

The common rooms are not really lively - hard to meet people. Seems there's lots of people actually living there, or sthing like that - cause there were really few tourists. The place is, in my opinion quite badly located for tourist sight seeing - you have to necessarily walk at least 15mn or take the bus.

I really like this hostel. The staff is always very friendly and helpful. The rooms are clean and I feel safe there. It is also in a great location; 5 -10 minutes walk to city center.

The place in OK conditions. Does not have the "Hostel Spirit" since it is basically a building with rooms, where everybody gather in the lower ground since it is the only floor with internet (yeah, not joking). My room was just two bunk beds, a sink and two lockers in poor condition. It was enough but my first thought was a prison cell, ahah!! The shower does not offer a proper protection to keep your belongings safe from water if you're not careful. At the end, it deserves a positive grade...

Pretty standard HI hostel. Not much in terms of atmosphere. The staff was realy good... lent usa lock for no charge. It's a bed at a decent price.

Amazing hostel!!! Staff trying everything to make your stay comfortable!

There was no working oven in the kitchen! The hostel is really big, but the only oven they had was out of order. Someone, I guess an angry traveler, had written a note next to it saying that it had been broken since April! Considering it is now September, this just seems ridiculous. Also, 1 of the 2 microwaves they had was also broken, and the other one didn't rotate. But, it was cheap and near the city center, and they did have a really good cafe there. TL;DR the kitchen was a joke.

Nice welcoming and helpful staff. Great location for exploring Belfast. Housekeeping very good. Nice cafe open till lunchtime daily a bonus. Handy vending machines. Clear rules

My friend and I really enjoyed our stay, the staff were lovely, the hostel was really clean and secure and the beds were the most comfortable hostel beds I've slept in! The location is great, really close to the centre and the bus station. The only drawback was that there was only wifi available in the lobby, not in the rooms.

• 2nd Sep 2014

We really enjoyed our stay at the Belfast International Youth Hostel. But especially the curtains, the windows and the bathrooms need to be cleaned!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fair place for a night's stay. Main problem was the kitchen, nice and big however only 1 of the 3 stovetops were working (made it difficult with 10+ peopke trying to cook)!

Shower facilities in private room was not overly great. Took a good 10 minutes for the water to only get to warm. Was not hot at all.

Great stay, friendly staff, and wonderful location. Would recommend to anyone.

stayed in a private room for 6 days. enjoyed the calm atmosphere and the proximity to all the interesting places in the city. the staff was very helpful and gave me infos and tips whenever asked. the room was confortable and tidy. i definitely recomend this hostel if you are looking for a place to rest after staying out all day exploring Belfast!

The location is the biggest advantage of this hostel and was the reason for our stay. Do not expect too much about the facility and comfortability. We booked a twin room with shared toilet and shower room. The shower room was clean but the water was neither warm nor strong enough. The light in the toilet i used did not work. The beds were quite small but just OK for a short stay. Generally, it was worth the price considering the good location.

Very accomodating, fantastically helpful staff

• 26th Aug 2014
  • Wales

Great hostel, cleaner and with better facilities than most I have visited. Staff were extremely friendly and helpful. Seamless, hassle free stay with no extra charges. Thank you, I'll definitely be back!

• 25th Aug 2014

Hello! Many thanks for your review of your recent stay at our Belfast International Youth Hostel. We love to hear when we have done things right! It was an absolute pleasure to have you stay with us and we would be delighted to welcome you back again in the future! Cathy

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7