Belfast International Youth Hostel Reviews

22-32 Donegal Road, Belfast, Northern Ireland

This hostel was so easy to find from the bus stop and was pretty convenient for walking to city center. It also is a good pick up and drop off point for tours. I did a McCombs tour since the office is based in the hostel and it was great! The beds were good and the Large dorm room I stayed in was fine. It was quite even with the many girls that were in there. I would recommend anyone visiting belfast to stay there.

• 18th Jul 2014

Our private room was quite dirty, even the bathroom was not well cleaned (or not at all). There is no separation between the shower and the rest of the bathroom. The beds are very uncomfortable. The staff at the reception was unfriendly and not helpful.

• 16th Jul 2014

We had a great stay and we totally recommend this place to other travellers!! Its location is perfect and the staff are friendly and helpful! Our room was nice and it was quiet...so we slept very well!! Breakfast options are outstanding!!!!!!!!! You MUST have breakfast attheir cafe......it is just great!!!!!!

Great staff and very clean hostel!! Only wish the wifi worked in more places! Overall A

All great plus the stuff was really helpful. 100% recommended it!

• 13th Jul 2014
  • Portugal

Kept awake by late night noise from the pub.

• 13th Jul 2014

Great, friendly staff, willing to help out with any issues, easy access by foot or bus, clean and organize facilities and comfortable beds. My only reservation is the fact that there aren't enough lockers in the rooms - in a four bedroom room, there were only two lockers, and even though there weren't any problems, it does make the guests feel safer when they have a locker to store their belongings.

• 5th Jul 2014

The staff were friendly and helpful. The room was very clean, and the location is convenient. I had a great stay and would definitely go back.

Really good, found them very helpful. The cafe attached to the hostel was really reasonably priced. Good location 10 min walk I to the city. It was really clean and the beds were all ready made up! Would stay here again.

I have stayed at at least 30 hostels and the staff at Belfast International were by far the rudest I have encountered. I am aware that I am not Irish, but from the moment we walked in we received insults for the purpose of our trip. I absolutely do not recommend this hostel to anyone.

The hostel offers affordable and reasonable price with great location.

Great value, not expensive but really nice hostel. Kitchen close time is too long and not convenient for self catering

We were grateful for our stay, enjoyed the second floor view of the marches, the Titanic Museum and the secure parking but really feel you should know that the mattresses were very uncomfortable, the springs were poking us. We had to use our clothes to cushion them enough to be able lie on them.

One of best hostel un Ireland. Good staff, they are very friendly. The hostel is very nice, rooms, hall and kitchen . Just 10 min to the centre.

Good place to stay for a few days in Belfast. Handy to centre of city, bus/train station and eateries.

Great location, helpful staff.

We were very intimidated by the area the hostel is in. It's a shame because it's a fine hostel and the staff were lovely to us.

• 29th Jun 2014

Hi - Many thanks for your review of your recent stay with us. I am so sorry to hear that you did not feel comfortable in the location of the hostel. We want all our guests to feel safe and secure and is disappointing to hear that this was not your experience. I very much hope that you were still able to enjoy Belfast and all that it has to offer. Cathy

The kitchen can be quite messy at times. Some stoves weren't working, other than that things were fine.

Great location, walking distance to city centre and Queens University/ botanical gardens and opposite Sandy Row murials. Cafe serving breakfasts until midday as well as self service kitchen. No computers but I believe the common area in reception is being redone. Rooms were big, showers were a little dirty. I would stay again.

Stayed in a twin bedroom on a Friday night. Worst beds I've slept on in a while. I could still feel the springs in my back the next morning! Hostel has circa 200 beds and feels like an impersonal mass sleeping factory. For 25 pp it was not cheap either. I think you'd be better off staying in a b

Many thanks for taking the time to review our hostel. I am very sorry to hear that you did not have a good nights sleep and that you were not comfortable. We aim to ensure the comfort of all our guests and I sincerely apologise that we failed on this occasion. We do indeed have 202 beds and are Belfast's largest hostel but each and every one of our guests are extremely important to us. Our size allows us to cater for large school groups etc which many of the smaller independent hostels cannot.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7