Belfast International Youth Hostel Reviews

22-32 Donegal Road, Belfast, Northern Ireland

This is the 3rd time we've stay at this hostel. The location for the city is great - not sure about the Rangers club across the street and the 2hr pipe band parade when we arrived though - VERY intimating. The onsite Causeway Cafe is outstanding the food is freshly made and presented beautifuly.

No real common area I felt. Great location

The gentleman at the reception was very friendly and addressed me by my first name (even after I checked out and came back for my luggage in the late afternoon) which, I thought, was very friendly and meticulous of him to remember me. However, shower did not have hooks to hang clothes/towel and drainage system was clogged. Wi-fi was only available at the lobby, not a problem for me but definitely something to note. Rooms are spacious and clean, and you are able to borrow a towel for free.

• 24th Jul 2015
  • Singapore

Botanic Railway station just 5 Minuten away. 24-hour-supermarket in the station. Good alternative as the Causeway cafe in the hostel opens at 07:55 and you have to queue sometimes or have to wait at the table when served. From Botanic direct trains to Coleraine, there to change into bus to Giant's Causeway. Try the tram from Bushmills.

• 18th Jul 2015

This place is great for the price and they have good recommendations for things to see, even in other cities in Ireland. The rooms are nice, beds comfy, and everything is clean. No complaints.

Clean and well look after hostel accommodation. Will stay here again

• 17th Jul 2015
  • South Africa

The hostel was easy to find. Very clean and it almost looks new. The guy at reception was amazing.

A lot of alarms, and noise from garbage-picking-trucks - but nothing that could be avoided somehow. Thanks for the friendliness!

• 10th Jul 2015

The guy staying on the reception at night was a bit rude. Everything else was fine.

Unfortunately again I had booked a room that backed onto the nightclub and found it hard to get to sleep with the noise. The windows really aren't great, whether they are closed or not the noise is still the same. If you guys are doing any upgrades in the near future you should consider putting double or triple glazing in room 215

• 10th Jul 2015

Nice place to stay not far from the city centre. Loved the free weekend walking tour!

great stay

• 3rd Jul 2015

loved the brekfast cafe nexdoor

• 2nd Jul 2015

The hostel advertises 'no gimmicks, just clean, safe accommodation' and that's exactly what you'll get. It's functional accomodation. The bathrooms were not super clean, but that was likely due to the (mis)behavior of guests. The self-catering kitchen was a nightmare, almost no cutlery or plates and a bad smell. You should go for breakfast in the Causeway Café instead and eat out in one of the pubs! And I'll never get why they have these plastic mattresses...

Someone wrote on a website recently that we do 'exactly what it says on the tin' and we like to think that we do the basics very well: a good value, safe, friendly place to spend a night or two. We do our best to keep on top of supplies of cutlery and crockery in the self-catering kitchen (you probably wouldn't believe how quickly stuff disappears!) If you can think of a solution, other than taking a deposit as people borrow what they need, please let me know :o) Safe Travels. David

Had a great stay needed to be near City hospital for visiting relative.The staff at hostel are very friendly and helpful . Had my meals in restaurant next door nice food friendly and helpful staff .Would come back .Thanks.

• 30th Jun 2015

Thank for your 97% score after your recent stay. Hopefully we will see you again, but under other circumstances. David

Having a table and at least two chairs would be nice!

• 29th Jun 2015

Perfect budget accommodation. Could do with oiling some doors to en-suites! (They squeak loudly and wake up room-mates.) But it was a wonderful stay; suited me perfectly. Thank you.

• 27th Jun 2015

Perfect. Thank you. I am pleased you enjoyed your stay with us in Belfast. Budget accommodation is the business we're in, so it's good to know that we are doing a good job. As for the squeaky doors, I saw someone with a can of oil just the other day so assume that this may now be less of an issue. I hope you are already planning your next hostel stay. See you again. David

+ beds with duvi, locker and sink in room - no towels, very noisy room

Thank you for your comments: it's great that you enjoyed your stay. Next time you stay please just ask at reception for a towel (free of charge): we don't have one for everyone so it's not something we advertise, but we usually manage. Buen viaje. David

I stayed in the 23 bed dorm which has heaps of space and is quite spread out so definitely doesn't feel like a 23 bed dorm! Overall a nice place to stay.

I always like to read positive comments about our big dorms as I know that the idea is often off-putting: but the rooms have been well designed with heaps of space, as you say. The girls dorm has 22 beds, a little seating area and great views: the boys dorm has 16 beds. Both rooms have their own showers and toilets. We are always careful when selling individual beds in the rooms so that small groups don't 'take over' the dorms. Thank you again and safe travels. David

Very friendly, helpful staff. Excellent location. Comfortable dorms. Could do with more/ better kitchen equipment. Furniture in Lobby could do with a refurb.

Thank you for your kind comments: it's great that you had a good stay with us in Belfast. We are constantly replenishing cutlery etc in our kitchen: sadly things disappear quite quickly here: I have just added some more supplies so we'll see how we go! We recently bought 2 new sofas for our reception area, and have 2 more to replace: it's always an ongoing process of updating and renewing. Hopefully we'll see you again. David

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7