Belfast International Youth Hostel Reviews

22-32 Donegal Road, Belfast, Northern Ireland

No wifi in the rooms, or anywhere except the main lobby (and intermittently on the balcony above). Staff were helpful.

• 24th May 2015

The room was facing the main road, and there were bars and drinkers till midnight so extremely noisy. There were also cars/vans/coaches driving past early in the morning. Did not sleep well. if the room is not facing the main road, it should be fine. Great atmosphere. The hostel is safe and secured but the area is in is a bit dodgy. For ladies, please avoid walking along great victorian streets alone in early morning or late night, there were perverts. Far from city center- 15min walk!

• 23rd May 2015
  • Singapore

Worst hostel I've ever stayed at. Tried taking a shower and the water didn't even come out of the spout, it gushed out of the gap between the wall and the shower fixture. Also, I was told the reception would be open 24 hours, and I needed to check out early in order to catch the bus to the airport. At 5:30am I went down and no one was there. I walked all over trying to find someone and I waited for 20 minutes before leaving - my I.D. is still there since they keep it until check out. Ridiculous.

Really nice hostel! I only stayed there for one night, so i didn't had the chance to go to the coffee inside. They have a big variety of breakfast (what is not included, but really cheap and you also can pay in €,£,$) in addition to that, they also have vegetarian "sausages" or "bacon"....all in all a really good hostel, the only bad thing is that there aren't enough opportunities to charge your phone in the rooms and there's no wifi in the rooms as well.

Hi we did not have a great experience staying here. My son & I stayed in a private room on the 3rd floor, the corridor smelled of urine. The room itself did not smell fresh or clean. The sheets didn't appear washed. My son who is 8 is allergic to cats, woke up the next morning with his eyes flared up?! I am not one to complain but I would not stay here again. The ground floor was fine & the guy at reception friendly.

• 23rd May 2015

Cozy, spartan rooms, linens provided but not towels. Great breakfast restaurant on site. University neighborhood, plenty of restaurants nearby, easy walk to city center. Efficient, hard-working staff. Pretty much exactly what you would expect from a large hostel in a big city. Totally functional, not at all luxurious, prices rather high for the hostel experience, but still a huge cost savings compared to hotels in the area.

• 22nd May 2015
  • Couple, 41+

I did not feel welcomed staying at the hostel. The living room spaces were tiny. Therefore it was hard to mix/mingle with the other hostelers.

Good hostel, would recommend. Was pretty quiet while I was there but the main area but large enough to still meet a good amount of people to go out with. Only problems were no wifi in the rooms or eating area and the kitchen tools were a bit grubby.

Clean rooms and friendly staff.

one of the staff was super helpful when we asked what there was to do in the town. showers were nice and big. a solid hostel.

Stinky, dirty and the wifi worked in one spot on the main floor- not even in the cafe, making it difficult to find a place to sit down, even for 10 minutes to plan things.

The receptionst whom my friend and myself met on arrival and departure was fantastic, he was so helpful, chatty, and I feel made our trip the little bit easier with ideas of where to go and what to do! If every receptionist was like him then there would be many happier hostel/hotel customers. The room was spacious (we stayed in a twin bed room) and clean.

• 18th May 2015
  • Scotland

Thank you for your great comments. It's good to know what we could be the benchmark for good customer service! Our staff always read our online reviews, so I know you will have just made someone's day. Thank you - and we hope to see you again in Belfast. David

Good place to stay. Had a enjoyable stay. Would stay here again definitely.

Hello. It's great to read that you enjoyed your time at the hostel in Belfast, and that you would definitely stay here again. 100% scores for location, staff, cleanliness, value for money and facilities is superb. We would definitely be happy to host you again too! Enjoy the rest of your travels. David

All good. Good location, nice staff, good value for money. Only bad thing is wifi is only available on ground floor.

All around it was a good hostel to chill at. It helps that it has a sort of diner next door. The location is fantastic as it's only a short walk from the bus/train station. Their is a tour bus literally across the street that can take you to the giant's causeway if you're into that. Security wise, some of the cages under the bed are broken and it's a little awkward using your own lock, so either report the broken/missing cage or just make sure to claim a good one and leave your lock on it.

• 14th May 2015

The hostel was clean and tidy and not too far from the town centre. The staff were polite and knowledgeable. The small cafe on site was cheap and offered plenty.

• 14th May 2015

Thank you for taking time to leave your comments after your stay at the Youth Hostel in Belfast this week. It's always good to read that we are getting the basics right. I hope that your holiday is still going well and that will recommend us to people you meet on the road. Take care and happy hostelling! David

My room was very small and rather dirty as well. there were a lot of gross stand on the wall at my bed . there is also a street light that shines directly into the window of the room I was in. the breakfast available at the causeway cafe is very good but is not included.

Better access to the top bunks would help. But then I am 70!

• 9th May 2015

Staff were excellent, very helpful. As for the hostel I only saw three hours of I as I ended up mass debating with some Canadians into the early hours. They call me the phantom. Last in, first up that's the way I like to

• 9th May 2015

Thank you for leaving a review after your recent stay. It's always good to read positive comments about our staff: they work very hard so they will appreciate your feedback. We have a lot of Canadian guests at the moment, and it sounds as if you kept them entertained! Last in, first up seems like a good philosophy: meaning you make the most of your time when you're travelling. Enjoy the rest of it, and see you again, David

Handy and affordable, although a noisy location on a saturday night (even with our room facing the other side of the building).

Good location. Good value. Thank you for that. I realise from reading recent reviews that there were some problems with noise outside the hostel over the last 2 weekends. We are hoping that this was something out of the ordinary, but will monitor this as time goes on and act where we can to lessen the impact of noise of our guests. Please do not hesitate to contact me if you would like to discuss your experience further. Thank you again for your comments. David

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7