Belfast International Youth Hostel Reviews

22-32 Donegal Road, Belfast, Northern Ireland

The staff were excellent and very helpful. The general feeling of the hostel once up in the corridors and the room was that it was run down, but provided exactly what we wanted: a bed to lay our heads on! All in all, a great stay and the hostel provided a welcoming atmosphere even if we felt a bit on edge after coming up from Dublin in the beginning

• 16th Aug 2014
  • All Male Group, 18-24

I really enjoyed my stay here. The staff were friendly and very helpful. It's in a great location, can walk anywhere.

The only problem WIFI

• 15th Aug 2014

Wifi was poor and only available in small area in lobby. Advertised as free parking but no spots available.

Poor customer service, including the manager who was extremely rude.

Staff where so lovely and took care of the flowers and made sure they where kept alive! So close to the town walking distance and overall It was great vaule for my money! Definitely be coming back to this! ♥

• 7th Aug 2014
  • Northern Ireland

Hello! Thank you so much for leaving such a lovely review of your recent stay at Belfast International Youth Hostel. It was an absolute pleasure to have you stay with us and we very much look forward to welcoming you back sometime soon!

The staff were very good and security also, what we did not like was the noisy plumbing and a bad smell from the shower. The area around the hostel is a bit rough but convenient to the city centre.

• 4th Aug 2014

We were at the street side of the hostel

• 4th Aug 2014

Great location close to the centre of town. The café downstairs was handy for breakfast. My private room was a little spartan – just a bed and a small locker in the corner, no table or anything to put stuff on. But it did have a sink. The Wifi was down for most of the time I was there.

Hi! Thank you for taking the time to review our Belfast International Youth Hostel. I'm sorry to hear that you encountered difficulties with our WIFI - we understand the importance of connectivity to our guests which is why we introduced this free facility and I am very disappointed to hear that you were unable to take advantage of it. I hope that it didn't impact too much on your stay and you enjoyed Belfast!

It is more like a hotel. You will not make friends there. If you are looking for something familiar than you should choose another hostel. But it is okay if you need a place to be for one night or if you travel in groups. The beds are old and creak when you're moving. The bunk beds are closely. But the cafeteria has a very bright offer for good prices.

• 3rd Aug 2014
  • Switzerland

May change your policies...

• 3rd Aug 2014

Good location (close to both Unionist and Republican areas), feels like "real" Belfast. Room was a little smelly (might've been the five sweaty guys staying there too!), and bathrooms/showers were rare and not the cleanest. Still, great deal. I'd stay here again.

Hello! Many thanks for your review of our Belfast International Youth Hostel. I am delighted to read that you found our City Centre location convenient and provided you with an authentic experience! It is disappointing to hear that you didn't find our washroom facilities to be the cleanest as we do have a team of hardworking housekeepers who strive to ensure all of our amenities are pristine. However, with shared facilities it is sometimes difficult to keep on top of who is in before you!

Would stay again

• Northern Ireland

Good location. Close to Great Victoria bus & rail station and Botanic rail station. Short walk (10min) to the city center. Helful staff. Wifi only downstairs. Room was ok (23 bed dorm), bathroom could have been a bit cleaner. Lovely breakfast in the Causeway café. Good value for money.

This was a nice hostel to stay in. It was quite central and not too expensive. The bathrooms were very clean and the man at the reception was very hwlpful and plesant. The wifi was not great thou because you could only get signal on the ground floor lobby.

Unfriendly staff member at start and end of trip really put a downer on the location. Rest of staff were pleasant.

• 1st Aug 2014

Hi. Many thanks for taking the time to review our Belfast International Youth Hostel. I am extremely disappointed to read your feedback about our reception staff as usually they are all rated so highly by our guests as they go above and beyond to make all visitors feel welcome. If you would like to discuss your specific issues in more detail please email me on the marketing department. I hope you enjoyed your trip to Belfast nonetheless.

Traffic outside was very noisey and we were close to the lift which woke us up all morning. Apart from that the hostel is good.

• 1st Aug 2014

Hello! Many thanks for taking the time to review our Belfast International Youth Hostel. It is disappointing to learn that you didn't encounter peace and quiet during your stay. Unfortunately with the benefit of our city centre location also comes the drawback that at times guests are bothered by outside traffic noise, which is outside of our control. I very much hope you managed to get some sleep whilst you stayed with us and we would love to welcome you back again sometime again in the future.

Very helpful staff and in a good location. Could do with more check-in staff at busy times.

Hello - many thanks for taking the time to review your stay at Belfast International Youth Hostel. All feedback from our guests is essential in helping us improve our offering. You have raised a very valid point about the possibility of getting more check in staff at busy times. The hostel reception can get very busy when checking in large groups and we shall indeed looking into arranging a system in which other guests are not held up. I hope you were not inconvenienced too much.

The staff were very courteous.

Many thanks for taking the time to review your stay at Belfast International Youth Hostel. Staff here pride themselves on making each and every guest that comes through our door feel welcomed and valued and we are delighted when guests acknowledge this. I hope you had a very enjoyable trip to Belfast. Cathy

Provides free parking which is super handy. Fairly good location.

Hi - many thanks for taking the time to leave a review of our Belfast International Youth Hostel. Our free secure parking is a facility which we are delighted to be able to offer guests, especially as car parking in the city centre of Belfast is expensive and I am glad that it was useful to you throughout your stay.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7