Belfast International Youth Hostel Reviews

22-32 Donegal Road, Belfast, Northern Ireland

Would be good if wifi worked in the rooms.

Could do with a chair in the bedroom. Two cookers in the kitchen were not working and fridges need clearing out of old stuff - there was milk a month old. Otherwise nice place and helpful staff and my bike felt secure even though it was in the centre of Belfast

Words limit, cannot finish my complain. Believe me if you still can change, choose another hostel. the most terrible one I have ever live Room contain nothing except bed! We don't even have a table/locker to place stuff! We lay all stuff ondirty floor, it was super messy! The bath room was all suck. Can you believe that they use "press and hold" button on their sprinkler? It means you must keep holding your hand on it to keep water flow. wifi was unusable, we must used our own mobile data.

• 29th Jul 2015
  • China

A change in room carpet would be great.

• 29th Jul 2015
  • India

This is the 3rd time we've stay at this hostel. The location for the city is great - not sure about the Rangers club across the street and the 2hr pipe band parade when we arrived though - VERY intimating. The onsite Causeway Cafe is outstanding the food is freshly made and presented beautifuly.

No real common area I felt. Great location

The gentleman at the reception was very friendly and addressed me by my first name (even after I checked out and came back for my luggage in the late afternoon) which, I thought, was very friendly and meticulous of him to remember me. However, shower did not have hooks to hang clothes/towel and drainage system was clogged. Wi-fi was only available at the lobby, not a problem for me but definitely something to note. Rooms are spacious and clean, and you are able to borrow a towel for free.

• 24th Jul 2015
  • Singapore

Really good hostel..nice and clean..walking distance to city center and easy to get around. highly recommend this hostel..and its cheap to!

It was a fine hostel, just nothing special. Everything was quite average. Probably because it is soo big. We tried to get some information about things to do and the staff was not very helpful.

Botanic Railway station just 5 Minuten away. 24-hour-supermarket in the station. Good alternative as the Causeway cafe in the hostel opens at 07:55 and you have to queue sometimes or have to wait at the table when served. From Botanic direct trains to Coleraine, there to change into bus to Giant's Causeway. Try the tram from Bushmills.

• 18th Jul 2015

This place is great for the price and they have good recommendations for things to see, even in other cities in Ireland. The rooms are nice, beds comfy, and everything is clean. No complaints.

Clean and well look after hostel accommodation. Will stay here again

• 17th Jul 2015
  • South Africa

The hostel is very basic and one of the rooms we taked was having smoke smelling

First, we weren´t very happy with the location... The Hostel iself was really safe, but we didn´t feel very comfortable in the street... It was really noisy there and there were a lot of strange people... The atmosphere in the Hostel was cold and really uncomfortable! And the Hostel was lying about the Internet... they wrote at their Homepage, that there is free Wifi, but we didn´t got Wifi in the rooms, just in the lounge and in my opinion, that´s really bold...

• 14th Jul 2015

The hostel was easy to find. Very clean and it almost looks new. The guy at reception was amazing.

Very clean and secure hostel. A bit of a walk to the train and bus station. Very friendly and helpful staff, had answers to any questions I had.

A lot of alarms, and noise from garbage-picking-trucks - but nothing that could be avoided somehow. Thanks for the friendliness!

• 10th Jul 2015

The guy staying on the reception at night was a bit rude. Everything else was fine.

Unfortunately again I had booked a room that backed onto the nightclub and found it hard to get to sleep with the noise. The windows really aren't great, whether they are closed or not the noise is still the same. If you guys are doing any upgrades in the near future you should consider putting double or triple glazing in room 215

• 10th Jul 2015

Nice place to stay not far from the city centre. Loved the free weekend walking tour!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7