Belfast International Youth Hostel Reviews

22-32 Donegal Road, Belfast, Northern Ireland

I have a problem with my back. When booking, I asked for a lower bed. I was told this cannot be done. I was hoping to get there early, but did not. Only free bed was upper, could not get in. When describing this to the person on Reception, I was told "tough luck". When asking whether I could sit downstairs, I was told "not allowed!" Thankfully one very kind girl switched bed, I did not realize that discriminating against disabled people is legal again!!!

Shower drained very slowly causing room to fill with water, making it very difficult to get dressed.

Friendly staff, welcoming environment, great location. fantastic cafe seeing freshly cooked breakfasts. Added bonus of having a good tour Company office based on the premises. Furniture in main reception area a bit tired, and would have been useful to have a chair or small table in the bedroom. Otherwise very high standards.

Great place, very clean and lovely staff. Bathrooms and showers everywhere too so no worries. Very quiet too, just a little bit of a walk from the centre but not too far.

I stayed in the Belfast Youth Hostel for 2 nights, it was really nice. Did not have any problem with the staff, they were helpfull! There's a place if you have you own car, to keep it safe as well! They facilities were clean!

• 16th Mar 2015

Arrived to the hostel a few days before st paddys. Not much atmosphere in the common areas-mostly large groups. A lot of noise from the streets below in the early hours. Only two points in the room for charging. Shower in the room was disgusting. Took atleast 3 minutes to heat up so you were freezing. Water accumulated and almost ran outside the room - also making it difficult to get dressed afterwards as everything was wet. When the water accumulated it disturbed mould under the drain

The location is great and for that reason I've stayed here many times. Technically I have given it a good rating, however this may be the last time I stay here.No hand soap or towels were provided in the bathroom which is quite unhygienic. My main bone of contention however is that the mattresses are covered in a kind of protective film which makes them uncomfortable and means that you make noise every time you move. This was once a great hostel but I was quite disappointed this time round.

• 10th Mar 2015

Went to stay at there double rooms with a friend. The room was huge and you get to have your own bathroom. The staff are very helpful, accommodating and friendly. The causeway cafe within the hostel also offers fantastic food at a cheap price. :)

• Philippines

The café in the youth hostel was horribly expensive. They didn't do a student discount and only included one slice of bacon in a five pound breakfast. Too much scrambled egg also.

• 10th Mar 2015

Hello there, we were disappointed to read your comments re the cafe, which as you can see does tend to attract positive comments overall. Nevertheless we do hope that you enjoyed your stay overall. Safe Travels Belfast International Youth Hostel

Very dirty toilets. 2/3 times I went there to the toilet still left overs of other persons were floating in the toilet. There was also a constant noise when people were using bathroom and some strange ticking of the tap.

• 6th Mar 2015

Hello there and thank you for taking the time to review us. We were disappointed to read of your experience and be assured that we will pass your comments on to our Housekeeping team, who do work tirelessly to ensure the highest standards of cleanliness. Safe Travels Belfast International Youth Hostel

Wifi doesn't reach your room but it's in a good location and is very good and cheap.

• 5th Mar 2015

Staff is excellent, butvfacilities should be a bit renewed.

• 5th Mar 2015
  • Croatia

Hello there and thank you for taking the time to leave us a positive review. Be assured we will take your comments on board. Safe Travels Belfast International Youth Hostel

Loved the cafe.

• 4th Mar 2015

Hi there, thanks for taking the time to review us and it was great to read that you liked the cafe. Best Wishes Belfast International Youth Hostel

Excellent friendly helpful staff. Cafe is also top notch !!! Outstanding value

Hi there, thanks for taking the time to leave us such a nice review - we really do appreciate it and we're glad that you enjoyed your stay! Happy Travels Belfast International Youth Hostel

The tour to the Causeway was excellent and the cafe was also good in the monring for pre-fuelling. The free walking tour was also worth doing, despite getting soaked in rain:)

• 28th Feb 2015

Hello there, we were pleased to read that you enjoyed the tours and the cafe and thanks for taking the time to review us. Happy Travels Belfast International Youth Hostel

Professional, clean, we really liked the way the kitchen/cafe was set up. Large comfortable kitchen. The bathroom set-up was a little odd, the bathrooms were just rooms that had a toilet and a floor with a pull shower so if there were a lot of people there was a bit of a wait for using facilities. Only one dryer was operational. We also took a great walking tour that meets at the hostel Saturday and Sunday at 2pm. Really knowledgable guide who took us to a lot of areas we wouldn't have gone.

• 27th Feb 2015

The staff was very friendly and made some good recomendations on where to eat. The nights at the weekend were quite noisy because the neighbours were partying very loudly. The hostel itself is located in a "china town" area and is very close to the city center. Everything was in walking distance. Definatly reccomend it!

• 27th Feb 2015

Hello there, thank you for taking the time to review us and we're glad that you enjoyed your stay. Safe Travels Belfast International Youth Hostel

A good basic hostel with friendly helpful staff. The only problem was no towels or hand dryers in toilets.

• Scotland

Hello and thank you for taking the time to leave us a positive review. Be assured your comments re towels / hand dryers has been noted. Happy Travels Belfast International Youth Hostel

I enjoyed my short break in the hostel.The staff were very helpful,

I there, it was great to read that you enjoyed our stay with us - we hope that you'll be back again! Best Wishes Belfast International Youth Hostel

The only issue I had was there was No plug for the bathroom sink.

Hi there, thank you for leaving us such a high score and be assured your comment re the sink has been noted. Best Wishes Belfast International Youth Hostel

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6