Belfast International Youth Hostel

8.2
Fabulous 6039 Total Reviews

• Colombia, Female, 31-40
22nd Feb 2017

Nice and clean. Very central location. The tours to Giant Causeway depart just from the front door.

• USA, Female, 18-24
17th Feb 2017
5.1

We were double charged twice and had to spend hours at the desk working on booking confusion that was 100% the fault of the hostel and should have been a quick fix. I had to pay for a more expensive room than I was in and was forced to pay twice and get a refund for reasons I still don't understand.

10th Feb 2017

Was pretty pleased with this hostel. Rooms were clean and comfortable, staff were nice and it had a kitchen. It did however not have wifi in the bedrooms, something that was very irritating. The location isn't the best, but if you're ariving and leaving from Europa bus terminal it's like a 7 minute walk so that's a plus

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. Clean and comfortable (and providing good value) is our main aim, so thank you for emphasising that. The hostel is well located in Belfast, halfway between City Hall and the University and a short walk from Botanic Gardens and the Ulster Museum. We currently only offer WiFi in our public areas as detailed on booking websites: the costs involved in providing WiFi throughout such a large building are beyond us at the moment I am afraid (as it's important for us that prices remain low). Enjoy the rest of your trip. David

• Scotland, Female, 41+
10th Feb 2017

My 13 year old son and I stayed in the hostel for 3 nights during half term in February 2017. We thought the hostel was in a great location for seeing all parts of Belfast, and we agreed that you'd be hard-pressed to find better budget accommodation. The room was basic but comfortable and very clean. The common areas were also pretty basic, but we weren't in much so it didn't matter! Best of all were the very helpful and friendly staff, and the excellent adjoining Causeway Cafe. Great grub!

• Mexico, Couple, 25-30
3.1

The rooms looked like a prison cell, they were incredibly tiny and uncomfortable. The window didn't lock properly and it was freezing. The heater didn't work until the early morning and we were shivering. Also, the bathrooms were messy and incredibly dirty and when we complained the staff was unhelpful. I'll never stay the again.

I am very sorry to read that you were disappointed by the hostel and didn't enjoy your stay with us. All other reviewers so far in February have given us a % rating in the 80s and 90s, and our overall score on Hostelworld is higher than it has been for some time, so it's particularly hard to read such a critical review. We have a wide range of rooms at the hostel: most are small to be honest (we are designed for short stays for those on a budget) but booking an ensuite room (for an extra £8 to £10 per night) will give you a little more space and of course a private bathroom (so you are not dealing with other guests' untidiness). I hope we haven't put you off hostelling altogether. Safe travels. David

• Wales, Male, 25-30
7th Feb 2017

The location is fairly central with bus links to the city centre, although I preferred getting an Uber since they were fairly cheap. The room I stayed in was on the 2nd floor and although advertised when I booked it as a twin, it actually had a double bed, not a problem since I was a solo traveller. The bed was super comfortable with a thick duvet, the bathroom was a wet room but really spacious. Downside was being kept awake by noisy school kids for the last 2 nights, sometime up until 12-1 am.

• Ireland, Female, 25-30
4th Feb 2017

Good place to stay

4th Feb 2017

Secure and clean. It was harder to meet other travelers because there wasn't a main lounge area and since there was no free breakfast. The staff were very helpful but seemed somewhat unfriendly.

• England, Male, 41+
31st Jan 2017

This YHA is so well sited near to all the Bus routes into Belfast. The staff are immensely helpful, especially Phil and Jo. The kitchen facilities are good. I really enjoyed my stay. Chris Philpott

• USA, Female, 18-24
27th Jan 2017
8.0

This hostel was a very cheap stay for four of us girls visiting Belfast for a quick three days. It is fairly central to much of the tourist attractions, about a 10-15 minute walk to the City Hall and right down the road from Queens University. There are many bathrooms and showers so you there was always one open for use. The best part about the room is the beds. They were pretty comfortable, I fell asleep so quickly.