Belfast International Youth Hostel Reviews

22-32 Donegal Road, Belfast, Northern Ireland

The location is ideal, the facilities are not. I had a Private Standard room featuring one set of bunk beds and a sink. The room was closet-sized but clean. The sink barely worked. It would only sputter 3 seconds of water (either super hot or freezing cold) and made horrible noises every time. There is no hand soap in the bathrooms. The internet connection is an absolute joke and there's no where to sit in "common area."

Weird and poor wi-fi connection. I was not expecting the showers without curtains in front of the toilet in the private rooms.

Good hostel with good facilities. Location is ok! But WiFi only in common areas leads to a poor atmosphere because everybody is on their devices. Great staff though!

It's inconvenient that the wifi doesn't work in the rooms. Also the kitchen is closed for cleaning between 1100-1230 which kind of conflicted with our schedule but these were the only minor issues we had. The staff was very kind and the rooms were extremely clean. I wouldn't mind staying here again. Just FYI it is a solid 10 minute walk from the bus station

This hostel was so easy to find from the bus stop and was pretty convenient for walking to city center. It also is a good pick up and drop off point for tours. I did a McCombs tour since the office is based in the hostel and it was great! The beds were good and the Large dorm room I stayed in was fine. It was quite even with the many girls that were in there. I would recommend anyone visiting belfast to stay there.

• 18th Jul 2014

We were a family of four, 2 adults and 2 kids under 16. We really enjoyed our stay, location was slightly out of the touristy areas but easily accessible to most places you'd want to go. Staff very helpful, luggage storage facility very useful. Very good value for money against other options, best points were a good kitchen, secure entry and room card and several quiet common room areas.

• 16th Jul 2014
  • Scotland
  • Mixed Group, 41+

Our private room was quite dirty, even the bathroom was not well cleaned (or not at all). There is no separation between the shower and the rest of the bathroom. The beds are very uncomfortable. The staff at the reception was unfriendly and not helpful.

• 16th Jul 2014

We had a great stay and we totally recommend this place to other travellers!! Its location is perfect and the staff are friendly and helpful! Our room was nice and it was quiet...so we slept very well!! Breakfast options are outstanding!!!!!!!!! You MUST have breakfast attheir cafe......it is just great!!!!!!

Great location, friendly and helpful staff. Unfortunately this place is plagued by simple issues with cleanliness- there were numerous dodgy stains on all of our sheets and towels, and many of the sinks in each rooms were constantly clogged.

• 13th Jul 2014

Great staff and very clean hostel!! Only wish the wifi worked in more places! Overall A

All great plus the stuff was really helpful. 100% recommended it!

• Portugal

Kept awake by late night noise from the pub.

• 13th Jul 2014

Great, friendly staff, willing to help out with any issues, easy access by foot or bus, clean and organize facilities and comfortable beds. My only reservation is the fact that there aren't enough lockers in the rooms - in a four bedroom room, there were only two lockers, and even though there weren't any problems, it does make the guests feel safer when they have a locker to store their belongings.

• 5th Jul 2014

The staff were friendly and helpful. The room was very clean, and the location is convenient. I had a great stay and would definitely go back.

Really good, found them very helpful. The cafe attached to the hostel was really reasonably priced. Good location 10 min walk I to the city. It was really clean and the beds were all ready made up! Would stay here again.

I have stayed at at least 30 hostels and the staff at Belfast International were by far the rudest I have encountered. I am aware that I am not Irish, but from the moment we walked in we received insults for the purpose of our trip. I absolutely do not recommend this hostel to anyone.

The hostel offers affordable and reasonable price with great location.

Great value, not expensive but really nice hostel. Kitchen close time is too long and not convenient for self catering

We were grateful for our stay, enjoyed the second floor view of the marches, the Titanic Museum and the secure parking but really feel you should know that the mattresses were very uncomfortable, the springs were poking us. We had to use our clothes to cushion them enough to be able lie on them.

One of best hostel un Ireland. Good staff, they are very friendly. The hostel is very nice, rooms, hall and kitchen . Just 10 min to the centre.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7