Belfast International Youth Hostel Reviews

22-32 Donegal Road, Belfast, Northern Ireland

Actually spent four nights here. Everyone was helpful and informative, great cafe actually within hostel with outstanding menu options. Food and beer all around and short walk to all city centre activities. Would highly recommend to other avid travellers, great christmas market currently here and of course the titanic quarter was great too. Irish people are very welcoming, enjoy!

Thank you for your great comments about the hostel, our welcoming staff, the cafe and Belfast in general: you had a perfect stay it seems. Our location close to the university means that there are lots of options for 'food and beer' - and we are also only just a 15 minute walk to City Hall, where the Christmas Market continues until 20th December: it's a great time of the year to be in Belfast! Come back and stay next time you visit. David

The staff were very friendly and helpful, and the location was excellent. The room rate was a bit higher than I expected for a hostel seeing as that I stayed at a bed and breakfast the previous week for a lot less, but the bed and breakfast was a bus ride from the centre of town instead of right downtown. All in all a very nice experience for my first stay at a hostel.

• 24th Nov 2015

It was our Wedding week and we loved the stay. Excellent staff and best cafe one can expect. The fact that there where no towels provided and mold between the curtains wherent realy nice. For the price we found it really not worth the money. at all. Very low package in total. The only plus was the comfortable bed and the best staff. Please improve and if not there are plenty alternative places in the wonderful City!

• 23rd Nov 2015
  • Switzerland

dont pick room 216 the door was a nitemare to open even the staff couldn't it open after 2 tries at it !

We enjoyed our stay, nice clean and comfortable room and was a great Base to go out and see Belfast

• 20th Nov 2015

Great location. Clean and comfortable enough. Great staff and great cafe. Good wifi too,

• 19th Nov 2015

This was perfect for our needs. We had 24hrs in Belfast and not a minute was wasted! The staff arranged a black cab tour for us within minutes of our arrival and were generally a fountain of knowledge! My daughter left her credit card new iPhone and cash on the table on our last day and one of the staff caught up with us 20 mins later on our way to the station which saved our holiday! Great value and quality breakfast in the cafe. Fab views from upstairs rooms. Loved it! Many thanks! :)

• 19th Nov 2015

A short stay in Belfast for me, but comfortable and relaxed. Had a great night listening to live music in Lavery's back bar just around the corner from the hostel and a easy night to follow; Good Ulster Fry in the café next door in the morning to set me up for the onward trip to Donegal.

• 18th Nov 2015

Quite simply 'the best'!

• 14th Nov 2015

Well run with helpful staff

• 13th Nov 2015

Internet connection is poor as the router is in a ground floor and from the 3rd floor it doesn't work. Even in a lobby you need to enter a new login and password per each session which is time consuming. Bathroom taps have separate cold and hot water ends (english style) and they must be pressed to make a water flow which makes it hard to even wash a hands properly.

The hostel is good. Location is rather convenient. Very unusual interior! I can recommend this hostel for backpackers but it's a bit cold in the hall. The rooms are heated well. Staff is very friendly!

• 9th Nov 2015
  • Russia

I was very impressed with the standard of the room we stayed in it was clean and comfortable. Will definitely be staying again.

• 7th Nov 2015
  • Couple, 41+

A major downside was that there was no wifi in the rooms. This wouldn't be such a big deal except that the common room was often very busy and even there the wifi wasn't always working well. It was also a bit difficult meeting people since it was such a large hostel. However it was good value for money and in a good location of the city.

Perfect for what we needed. Noisy at night from hotel/ club behind hostels car park even when window closed. Slow for breakfast simply because of the numbers, breakfast was excellent titanic Ulster fry . What would help would be self service tea coffee machines as this held everything up Defo would book again Thanks Damienm

• 6th Nov 2015

Thank you for your great review: I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to seeing you again on your next visit. I am sorry that you found your room a little noisy: we are aware that there are issues sometimes, particularly at weekends, but are planning to experiment with secondary glazing in some rooms in the near future to see if it is a possible solution. Glad you enjoyed your breafast in Causeway Cafe: worth waiting for it seems. Take care. Safe travels. David

Friendly staff, good location, and good atmosphere. The bathrooms could have been a bit cleaner, but they were passable. My one big complaint was that there was nowhere to put my clothes while I showered; the shower took up the whole space and got everything wet. But I really enjoyed the convenience of cafè next door and the nice lobby area with wifi. If I ever find myself back in Belfast, I'll definitely stay here again.

• 4th Nov 2015

Thank you for your positive comments about our staff, location and the atmosphere at the hostel: it's good to read that you enjoyed hanging out in the lobby - we're lucky to have so much space: we are planning a big refurbishment of this area soon, with new decor and furniture, so hopefully you'll enjoy it even more on your next trip. All of our showers are designed as wet rooms, which can have their limitations and would not be everyone's choice. I hope you enjoyed the rest of your trip. David

Nice clean, secure hostel with friendly staff and a really good attached cafe. Only minor complaint is there being only one power socket in the room(IE for just two plugs between 4 people) Simply cannot fault the hostel otherwise.

Thank you for your excellent score of 86% after your stay in November: it's always good to have constructive feedback. You really can't beat 'clean', 'secure' and 'friendly' when it comes to choosing a hostel! Some of our hostel building dates back 10 years, the rest 20 years, to days when demand for charging multiple devices wasn't so high. We are looking at ways of adding more sockets in our public areas as part of a planned refurbishment. See you again next time you travel north. David

One working bathroom/stage..... .

• 2nd Nov 2015
  • Hungary

Thank you for high scores for location, staff, atmosphere and value for money: generally we rate higher on security than 60% with 24 hour staff and key card access to all floors and rooms. You booked a standard private room (with shared shower/toilet located on the corridor). We currently have 5 working showers and toilets on our second floor, each being a separate locked room. On the third floor one of the 5 showers is out of service as we are having it reinstalled. Enjoy the rest of your trip.

Great location, has everything you could need.

Our room was not clean, but we liked the staff and the location.

• 31st Oct 2015
  • Belgium

Thank you for your comments, both positive and negative. We read all feedback and take it into account in future planning. I am sorry to hear that your room did not seem clean on check in: we have a dedicated team of housekeepers who work hard, often under pressure (particularly at weekends - working around late check outs, missed check outs, early arrivals). Did you mention this to staff on check in? We're here to help. I hope you will keep on hostelling. See you again. David