Belfast International Youth Hostel Reviews

22-32 Donegal Road, Belfast, Northern Ireland

-cleaning the toilets more often -put wifi on each floor

• 17th Oct 2014

Hello Virginia And thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. I can assure you that the toilets are regularly cleaned. We offer free wi-fi in the lobby in order to encourage guests to meet and interact as part of the hostelling ethos. Nevertheless we do keep all aspects of our service under review and please be assured that your own comments have been taken on board. Best Wishes Belfast International Youth Hostel

Classic YHA - bit out of the way, big, no atmosphere and terrible wifi - but worse because the bathrooms are the worst and most horrendous things I've ever seen in a hostel. Just don't.

Nice hostel, lovely staff. Large hostel, very clean (it always smelled good!) and maybe not the most festive atmosphere, but it was comfortable. The only downer for us was the location. Everything happens around the Cathedral Quarter, or so it seems, and it's a good 25 minute walk from the hostel... Overall, really nice place though! We enjoyed :)

We stayed in a single bunk room and it was only big enough for breathing air. However it was located next to the best night clubs even tho the side street it is on was kind of sketchy. Didn't like that the wifi only worked in the lobby and a staff member had to type in the code for my iPhone. Staff was so friendly tho especially Gary who came and checked on us when he realized a creepy drunk guy followed us up to our room. It was a decent first hostel experience for me!

Maybe you could post notices on hall & bathroom doors for people not to slam when they walk through especially during the night when people are asleep. Also the bathroom/shower room on the second floor could use a soap dispenser at the sink.

• 2nd Oct 2014

Great location. Felt safe. Really friendly and helpful staff. Only niggle - you could do with new mattresses.

• 1st Oct 2014

Very pleased with my night here, the location is very central, the staff was helpful with all my questions.

• 30th Sep 2014

It is cold during the night stay with no heating and tiny single bed cover, it is no warning enough. The bed mattress is old and so hard.

• 29th Sep 2014

Got help from a local man on the street to find a nearby restaurant for lunch. Staff at Reception did circle St Georges Market on the map as a place to eat but it might be best to circle a nearby local area too - I think we ate on Botanic Avenue - French Bistro place , which was good. Directions were good but Shaftesbury Square didn't look like a square.

This was the second time that I stayed here. It is a great value and will definitely stay here again if in the area. The facility is very clean, staff are very friendly and helpful, breakfast is cheap and tasty. My 60-year old parents also stayed here and enjoyed their stay so definitely good for all ages!

• 24th Sep 2014

hope to have internet access in the bedrooms.

• 21st Sep 2014
  • Hong Kong

All was good except for the pillow (waaaay too thin, even doubled up)

• 20th Sep 2014

The staff was so helpful and the rooms/bathrooms were clean. My only complaint is that the wifi doesnt work in the rooms at all. You have to go to the lounge downstairs to use it. But overall had a great experience

I STAYED IN Room 402, and I noticed there wasn't a lock on the shower door, pretty important. There wasn't any hook to put up a towel, or clothes. . you could easily fit a small wooden bench into that shower. The wooden floors make for a noisey nighttime experience. Everything else was fine. Cheers

very nice place to stay!

Hello - Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at Belfast International Youth Hostel. We are absolutely delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay!

Really lovely staff and ridiculously GORGEOUS cafe for breakfast etc. - yum! Room was basic, but really clean - v v happy! Thank you guys :0)

• 19th Sep 2014

Meet our expectations

Great hostel!!! Friendly staff

I was satisfied. Only the WiFi didn't funchtion at all. they said that it's only at the ground floor, but I couldn't receive or send messeges.

Wifi only available in the lobby/common area??? I've never stayed at a place where that was the case especially when paying £15 per night. No breakfast included either. Plastic cover on mattress underneath the fitted sheet? Are you kidding me? It was so uncomfy and made sounds every time I moved. Tried to save a bit more money by staying there but you might end up spend more on roaming 3G charges. Ha! Staff was okay but not the greatest either. Overall I wouldn't stay there ever again.

Hi - many thanks for your review. Many hotels in Belfast actually charge up to £15 per day for WIFI access - the fact that we offer a free service at all is quite uncommon for Belfast city centre. We do list on all our literature and booking sites that the free wifi is only available in common areas. By doing this we are also trying to encourage our guests to embrace the ethos of hostelling and come out of their rooms and mix with other travellers. I hope you enjoyed your trip to NI nonetheless