Belfast International Youth Hostel Reviews

22-32 Donegal Road, Belfast, Northern Ireland

The hostel was about 20 minutes walk to city centre and close to Queen's University. The bunk was not fixed assignment. Thus the initial bed I chosen in the afternoon was ocuppied by other when I back.

• 24th Jul 2014
  • China

Dirty,bad atmosphere ,value for money averaga.

• 23rd Jul 2014
  • Lithuania

Hi, Many thanks for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. It is obviously extremely disappointing to read negative comments but we do take them very seriously. I can assure you that the hostel is not dirty as we have a team of housekeepers who ensure that our high standards are maintained. I am sorry that on this occasion we have failed to meet your expectations. Cathy

Really friendly and easy staff. Thanks guys.

• 22nd Jul 2014

Hello! Many thanks for taking the time to review our Belfast International Youth Hostel. I am absolutely delighted that you found our staff to be friendly - we do try to give all our guests a good Northern Ireland welcome! I hope you very much enjoyed your trip to Belfast and that you will come back and visit us again. Cathy

The location is ideal, the facilities are not. I had a Private Standard room featuring one set of bunk beds and a sink. The room was closet-sized but clean. The sink barely worked. It would only sputter 3 seconds of water (either super hot or freezing cold) and made horrible noises every time. There is no hand soap in the bathrooms. The internet connection is an absolute joke and there's no where to sit in "common area."

Weird and poor wi-fi connection. I was not expecting the showers without curtains in front of the toilet in the private rooms.

Good hostel with good facilities. Location is ok! But WiFi only in common areas leads to a poor atmosphere because everybody is on their devices. Great staff though!

It's inconvenient that the wifi doesn't work in the rooms. Also the kitchen is closed for cleaning between 1100-1230 which kind of conflicted with our schedule but these were the only minor issues we had. The staff was very kind and the rooms were extremely clean. I wouldn't mind staying here again. Just FYI it is a solid 10 minute walk from the bus station

This hostel was so easy to find from the bus stop and was pretty convenient for walking to city center. It also is a good pick up and drop off point for tours. I did a McCombs tour since the office is based in the hostel and it was great! The beds were good and the Large dorm room I stayed in was fine. It was quite even with the many girls that were in there. I would recommend anyone visiting belfast to stay there.

• 18th Jul 2014

We were a family of four, 2 adults and 2 kids under 16. We really enjoyed our stay, location was slightly out of the touristy areas but easily accessible to most places you'd want to go. Staff very helpful, luggage storage facility very useful. Very good value for money against other options, best points were a good kitchen, secure entry and room card and several quiet common room areas.

• 16th Jul 2014
  • Scotland
  • Mixed Group, 41+

Our private room was quite dirty, even the bathroom was not well cleaned (or not at all). There is no separation between the shower and the rest of the bathroom. The beds are very uncomfortable. The staff at the reception was unfriendly and not helpful.

• 16th Jul 2014

We had a great stay and we totally recommend this place to other travellers!! Its location is perfect and the staff are friendly and helpful! Our room was nice and it was quiet...so we slept very well!! Breakfast options are outstanding!!!!!!!!! You MUST have breakfast attheir cafe......it is just great!!!!!!

Great location, friendly and helpful staff. Unfortunately this place is plagued by simple issues with cleanliness- there were numerous dodgy stains on all of our sheets and towels, and many of the sinks in each rooms were constantly clogged.

• 13th Jul 2014

Great staff and very clean hostel!! Only wish the wifi worked in more places! Overall A

All great plus the stuff was really helpful. 100% recommended it!

• Portugal

Kept awake by late night noise from the pub.

• 13th Jul 2014

feels like a hotel converted to a hostel. rooms and bathrooms are fairly clean but no hand soap or hand towels in the bathrooms. decent location, 5 plus minutes walk to to bus station. has a kitchen for cooking but not many utensils to be used. no breakfast included but the cafe on the ground floor does a great irish breakfast (and others) for about 4.50 euros. atmosphere asnt very good for meeting people outside your dorm.

Many thanks for your review. I am delighted to report that we are now providing soap in all public toilets - this is not a requirement for hostel providers, however like you, we believe this should be a standard offering and having listened to previous feedback from our guests we have now implemented this. We also hope to improve the number of utensils and facilities in the self catering kitchen, unfortunately these have just diminished over busy periods. Cathy

Great, friendly staff, willing to help out with any issues, easy access by foot or bus, clean and organize facilities and comfortable beds. My only reservation is the fact that there aren't enough lockers in the rooms - in a four bedroom room, there were only two lockers, and even though there weren't any problems, it does make the guests feel safer when they have a locker to store their belongings.

• 5th Jul 2014

Thank you so much for leaving a review of our Belfast International Youth Hostel. It was an absolute pleasure to have you stay with us and I am delighted to read such positive feedback about all aspects of your stay. I am in complete agreement with you that there should be 1 locker allocated to each bed and this is something that we shall look into being able to provide to our guests in the future. Thank you once again and please come back and stay in one of our hostels on your next trip!

The staff were friendly and helpful. The room was very clean, and the location is convenient. I had a great stay and would definitely go back.

Thank you so much for leaving such a fabulous review of our Belfast International Youth hostel. We work very hard at trying to improve our offering and services to our guests and we are always thrilled when we get feedback which reflects our effort! Thank you once again and I very much hope we can welcome you back to stay with us in one of our hostels soon! Cathy

Really good, found them very helpful. The cafe attached to the hostel was really reasonably priced. Good location 10 min walk I to the city. It was really clean and the beds were all ready made up! Would stay here again.

Many thanks for taking the time to review our Belfast International Youth Hostel and for leaving such positive comments! It was an absolute pleasure to have you stay with us and I hope we can welcome you back sometime soon. Cathy

I have stayed at at least 30 hostels and the staff at Belfast International were by far the rudest I have encountered. I am aware that I am not Irish, but from the moment we walked in we received insults for the purpose of our trip. I absolutely do not recommend this hostel to anyone.

Hello. Thank you for taking the time to review our Belfast International Youth Hostel. I am extremely disappointed to read your feedback about our reception staff - I can assure you that this is unprecedented as our staff are usually considered our best asset. HINI strive to extend an Irish welcome to all of our guests that come through the door and this was obviously not your impression. If you would like to discuss this with me further then please email our Marketing department.