Belfast International Youth Hostel Reviews

22-32 Donegal Road, Belfast, Northern Ireland

I would recommend providing a complementary breakfast.

• 8th May 2014

Hi - many thanks for taking the time to review our Belfast International Youth Hostel. Unfortunately our onsite café is actually run independently so we are unable to offer complimentary breakfasts. However, Alan in our Causeway café does offer amazing value breakfasts and we also have a fully equipped self catering kitchen for those guests who wish to provide their own meals. I hope you enjoyed your trip to Belfast. Cathy

The staff was super helpful and friendly! However, even though the sheets come in sealed plastic bags, they were filthy. The comforter on my bed was dirty and stained as well.

• 7th May 2014

Good place

• 7th May 2014
  • Venezuela

Hi - many thanks for taking the time to review our Belfast International Youth Hostel. It is absolutely fantastic for us to receive a score of 100% and we very much hope we can welcome you back again some time in the future. Cathy

Security was excellent in this facility and the kitchen is very large. A tour company has an office in the lobby which was great for booking tours to some of Northern Ireland's attractions. Common rooms were not too welcoming as most people spent their time in the lobby as that is the only place wifi was available

Although I booked a female room with 23 people (I don't remember exactly the quantity, but it was a lot!) the room was very organised and clean and the bathroom wasn't crowed and was clean. The staffs were friendly and the kitchen facilities were very good. The only bad thing was that the internet only worked at the reception, but this is normal in big hostels.

• 4th May 2014

the neighborhood seems dangerous, but is near to the center. Just be careful and is gonna be a good place to stay!

We were pleased to be able to use the car park. We were dissapointed when we tried several times to call the hostel over a 3 hour period on Saturday 3rd and it just kept going to message, not great when calling for directions.

I'd like more drawers/cages under the bed for our luggage- only 4 in a room of six beds which is not enough. We need one each. It would be good if there was soap provided in the room-a bottle fixed to the wall above the sink would make a difference.It is needed for hygiene. I think only one cooker was working in the self catering kitchen.I couldn't get either of the others to work. The cafe was excellent.

• 3rd May 2014
  • Scotland

15 minutes walking to downtown, very nice staff, big place, very secure, private rooms more like a hotel than a hostel, which is good. Thanks!

Enjoyed the hostel, fun to be around the younger people.

• 1st May 2014

Short distance walk into town very friendly. Stayed 3 nights grate value

• 1st May 2014
  • Scotland

A friend and I booked a private double room which was really narrow & scarcly furnished. The beds were the worst part: It was a loft bed & the mattresses had a plastic case which squeaked with every movement. Not really comfortable. The showers & bathrooms looked very dirty, even though I saw the cleaner everyday. The staff is very friendly & helpful though, & there is a cafe which offered plenty of different, delicious dishes and seperate items. The self-service kitchen was very useful as well!

You get what you pay for with this hostel, the location is good, and the rooms are clean. However the bathrooms were not clean, nor did they have any soap...which was a little disgusting.

The staff were exceptionally friendly; no problem w/them. The facility could use a drastic update. The rooms were just big enough to shove bunk beds in, w/a sink

Fine hostel, good staff, easy to find. Good kitchen facility.

A total lack of recycling facilities!

The shower broken. Another shower I went I couldn't shutter the door. The third shower doesn't look clean.

Kitchen was closed between 11-12.30... quite long time. Staff was nice and they did open the kitchen door that I could get my snacks. If you like to visit giant`s causeway the location is perfect becose tours start infront of the hostel.

Overall just an average hostel. Nothing special about it and the rooms were not overly comfortable. The WiFi was only on the ground level and after 11pm they shut down the café so there was no sitting room to comfortably use the WiFi. When we checked in the man at the front desk was not helpful or friendly and it never really improved from there. I would not stay here again.

Security: Clever card access to everywhere, 24 hours reception but sometimes closed kitchen. Location: About 10 minutes walk to the center, but quite far from ferry (it was necessary to take a taxi when both coming and leaving). Cleanliness: Daily and professionally cleaned common area, tidy room. Facilities: Brand new furniture in both private and common rooms, only the kitchen was equipped only sufficiently. The reason why I gave 'average' to this is that the drain in our bathroom was stuffy.

• 17th Apr 2014