Belfast International Youth Hostel Reviews

22-32 Donegal Road, Belfast, Northern Ireland

Okay for the price you pay, but not a fan of the bathroom/shower situation. There's nowhere to put any soap etc and the loo paper gets wet as it's an open shower bathroom.

Positive: the hostel was nice, clean and very well located. Not dirty at all. Things to improve: I did not like the fact that the rooms for 6 people were so small. I felt I needed more space between each bunk bed. Also, the showerheads were fixed. I prefer them to be detachable, as it is a hassle to wash your hair everytime you need to go for a shower. The staff were very distant, they were not close at all. I did not feel that comfortable when I asked them for something.

• 15th Mar 2014
  • Spain

Foul odor in the 4 bed dormitory, apparently coming from sweat-smelling duvets. Bathrooms and toilets are barely OKish. The rooms in the back of the building are very noisy until late because of a club overlooking the car park. Staff was really nice though.

A small breakfast included would be nice

• 12th Mar 2014

The hostel is well located, very clean and quiet, good quality-price. The breakfast was delicious, well presented and lots of options to choose. The staff in the cantine very nice! Advise: I think the receptionist at night should promote the breakfast for instance when he does the check in and give also some information about the hostel. He just asked our Id, we had to ask him everything, and really worth to promote the breakfast!!

Very friendly service at reception, easy to find, non squeeky bunks!

Beds were ready for skip!

Maybe lacking a little in atmo, but was good for what I was looking for, secure, good location and good value. Helpful staff and awesome food in cafe for breakfast..

• 15th Feb 2014

Generally it's a really nice hostel but it can be quite noisy at night. I stayed at 2/f but still the noise (people talking & traffic) from the street is very loud especially at night (even after 1am).

• Hong Kong

I missed soap in the shared bathrooms. But apart from that it was good and for a one-night-stay absolutely satisfying.

• 15th Feb 2014

You don't need to worry about anything

It was really a good experience to stay in belfast youth international hostel, It really values the money we paid. I really suggest my friends to stay in it when they go there.

• 11th Feb 2014
  • India

The young night porter Lee was excellent. He made the evening go very quickly when my dormitory buddies were snoring.

Thanks a million for making our stay so comfortable! best latte macchiato in Alan´s restaurant !!

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next » last »