Belfast International Youth Hostel Reviews

22-32 Donegal Road, Belfast, Northern Ireland

Great location, friendly and helpful staff. Unfortunately this place is plagued by simple issues with cleanliness- there were numerous dodgy stains on all of our sheets and towels, and many of the sinks in each rooms were constantly clogged.

• 13th Jul 2014

Great staff and very clean hostel!! Only wish the wifi worked in more places! Overall A

All great plus the stuff was really helpful. 100% recommended it!

Kept awake by late night noise from the pub.

• 13th Jul 2014

feels like a hotel converted to a hostel. rooms and bathrooms are fairly clean but no hand soap or hand towels in the bathrooms. decent location, 5 plus minutes walk to to bus station. has a kitchen for cooking but not many utensils to be used. no breakfast included but the cafe on the ground floor does a great irish breakfast (and others) for about 4.50 euros. atmosphere asnt very good for meeting people outside your dorm.

Many thanks for your review. I am delighted to report that we are now providing soap in all public toilets - this is not a requirement for hostel providers, however like you, we believe this should be a standard offering and having listened to previous feedback from our guests we have now implemented this. We also hope to improve the number of utensils and facilities in the self catering kitchen, unfortunately these have just diminished over busy periods. Cathy

Great, friendly staff, willing to help out with any issues, easy access by foot or bus, clean and organize facilities and comfortable beds. My only reservation is the fact that there aren't enough lockers in the rooms - in a four bedroom room, there were only two lockers, and even though there weren't any problems, it does make the guests feel safer when they have a locker to store their belongings.

• 5th Jul 2014

Thank you so much for leaving a review of our Belfast International Youth Hostel. It was an absolute pleasure to have you stay with us and I am delighted to read such positive feedback about all aspects of your stay. I am in complete agreement with you that there should be 1 locker allocated to each bed and this is something that we shall look into being able to provide to our guests in the future. Thank you once again and please come back and stay in one of our hostels on your next trip!

The staff were friendly and helpful. The room was very clean, and the location is convenient. I had a great stay and would definitely go back.

Thank you so much for leaving such a fabulous review of our Belfast International Youth hostel. We work very hard at trying to improve our offering and services to our guests and we are always thrilled when we get feedback which reflects our effort! Thank you once again and I very much hope we can welcome you back to stay with us in one of our hostels soon! Cathy

Really good, found them very helpful. The cafe attached to the hostel was really reasonably priced. Good location 10 min walk I to the city. It was really clean and the beds were all ready made up! Would stay here again.

Many thanks for taking the time to review our Belfast International Youth Hostel and for leaving such positive comments! It was an absolute pleasure to have you stay with us and I hope we can welcome you back sometime soon. Cathy

I have stayed at at least 30 hostels and the staff at Belfast International were by far the rudest I have encountered. I am aware that I am not Irish, but from the moment we walked in we received insults for the purpose of our trip. I absolutely do not recommend this hostel to anyone.

Hello. Thank you for taking the time to review our Belfast International Youth Hostel. I am extremely disappointed to read your feedback about our reception staff - I can assure you that this is unprecedented as our staff are usually considered our best asset. HINI strive to extend an Irish welcome to all of our guests that come through the door and this was obviously not your impression. If you would like to discuss this with me further then please email our Marketing department.

The hostel offers affordable and reasonable price with great location.

Hello - many thanks for taking the time to review our Belfast International Youth Hostel. Feedback from all our guests is extremely important and we are delighted when we receive such positive comments! I very much hope we can welcome you back to stay at one of our hostels within the HINI network, sometime in the future. Cathy

Great value, not expensive but really nice hostel. Kitchen close time is too long and not convenient for self catering

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our Belfast International Youth hostel. I am sorry that the mandatory kitchen closure inconvenienced you. Unfortunately this is just to ensure that the housekeepers can access the kitchen to ensure it is thoroughly cleaned. I hope you enjoyed your trip to Belfast. Cathy

We were grateful for our stay, enjoyed the second floor view of the marches, the Titanic Museum and the secure parking but really feel you should know that the mattresses were very uncomfortable, the springs were poking us. We had to use our clothes to cushion them enough to be able lie on them.

Hello - thank you so much for taking the time to review our Belfast International Youth Hostel. I am horrified to hear that you found our mattresses to be so uncomfortable and I can assure you that this will be addressed immediately. We are in the process of replacing all mattresses within the hostel and we will ensure that the room that you stayed in becomes a priority. I hope you managed to get a good nights sleep nonetheless. Cathy

One of best hostel un Ireland. Good staff, they are very friendly. The hostel is very nice, rooms, hall and kitchen . Just 10 min to the centre.

Good place to stay for a few days in Belfast. Handy to centre of city, bus/train station and eateries.

Great location, helpful staff.

We were very intimidated by the area the hostel is in. It's a shame because it's a fine hostel and the staff were lovely to us.

• 29th Jun 2014

Hi - Many thanks for your review of your recent stay with us. I am so sorry to hear that you did not feel comfortable in the location of the hostel. We want all our guests to feel safe and secure and is disappointing to hear that this was not your experience. I very much hope that you were still able to enjoy Belfast and all that it has to offer. Cathy

This was a good hostel. It was centrally located and good value for money. Didn't love the wetroom style bathroom, but whatever! The cafe attached was really good value for money and tasty.

The kitchen can be quite messy at times. Some stoves weren't working, other than that things were fine.

Great location, walking distance to city centre and Queens University/ botanical gardens and opposite Sandy Row murials. Cafe serving breakfasts until midday as well as self service kitchen. No computers but I believe the common area in reception is being redone. Rooms were big, showers were a little dirty. I would stay again.

Stayed in a twin bedroom on a Friday night. Worst beds I've slept on in a while. I could still feel the springs in my back the next morning! Hostel has circa 200 beds and feels like an impersonal mass sleeping factory. For 25 pp it was not cheap either. I think you'd be better off staying in a b

Many thanks for taking the time to review our hostel. I am very sorry to hear that you did not have a good nights sleep and that you were not comfortable. We aim to ensure the comfort of all our guests and I sincerely apologise that we failed on this occasion. We do indeed have 202 beds and are Belfast's largest hostel but each and every one of our guests are extremely important to us. Our size allows us to cater for large school groups etc which many of the smaller independent hostels cannot.