Best Island Hostel Reviews

Cankurtaran Mah.Kutlugun Sok.no 5 Sultanahmet Ista, Istanbul, Istanbul, Turkey

I've tried to buy a bottle of water and nobody had the key. I had to go in other hotel to buy it.

Thank you for being helpful and nice. I hope I left a real but nice commet for you. I liked the place and the room, even if very small. I liked the atmosphere and I will recommend you to my friends (hopefully will come back sometimes in Istanbul). You should provide lockers for dorms and also at least one keys for each person, as I've heard many complaining about this. Thanks again :) Radouan + Cecilia

Best Island? More like best view in Istanbul!!!! The terrace view is so amazing (you fall asleep with a view of the Sofya) and the owners are really relaxed, helpful, and kind. Comfortable accomodation and facilities. We enjoyed our time here immensely and would come again in a second!

• 7th May 2013

The custumer service must be better... The bathroom as well! Was very dirty and they dont clean the Bed after another customer leave the hostel.. The only good was the breakfast and the lady who give It to you! The woman of the reception is very rud, and she never help you in a kind way.. They just Care the money..

• 7th May 2013
  • Colombia

We stayed 5 days in total and the manager helped us enormously. We felt very welcome. Our room was basic for the first few nights. The hostel stored our bag while we travelled a while and when we returned our room was upgraded, we can' complain about this reception.

It is a cheap option, they have a poor organization. The night staff do not speak english and when you ask anything he answers "i'm night reception". One night about 1am, they started to move beds from the terrace to the room, the 16 bed became 21. I sent clothes to laundry and by 3 days i had no answer, they sent me from one to another of the staff. However it has a great view and it is well located

It was awesome, the location couldn't be better and the staff was great. Especially a lady in the breakfast time, she was very kind with us and really helpfull.

toilets sometimes quite dirty...lightning are not ok..3 out of 5

I loved the staff this hostel would be 10x better if they cleaned and fixed the restroom I am sure a lot more people would recommend it.

Nightmare! Dirty and dust is what I'll remember about this hostel! I was in a double bedroom, the smell was awful! I couldn't breathe because of the smell of dust in there. The sheet was dirty with a big yellow spot and the floor was full of hair. Duvet and mattress were too much dirty too. The shower doesn't have any place were to put clothes. The breakfast is served on the sidewalk of a busy street. There are not lockable locker. The staff is not friendly at all. I'll never recommend it!

The location of this hostel is perfect, it's very close to many touristic places in Istanbul! The hostel isn't the most characteristic hostel where I've ever stayed, but nevertheless everything was nice! The staff is very helpfull, the breakfast is simple, but nice and the beds were good. I definitively enjoyed my stay here and I'm sure to come back next time I visit Istanbul. Zeki, you are the most helpful person I've ever met! I love you!

• 29th Apr 2013

I arrived late and reception was so hospitalty and kind.Also location is incredible, it's very close to every touristic attraction places.Moreover, very clean rooms and bathrooms.All in all there was nothing i dislike, everything was good!

• 28th Apr 2013
  • Turkey

Location was good, closeby the main square of "Historical" Istanbul. That's about it for the positive aspects. Rooms were small and very very noisy, even for a hostel, in the center.There were very few Bathrooms/showers (all shared).There were basically always occupied and therefore quite dirty. Some rooms are underground or at the ground floor just nearby the reception -you almost have to go behing the desk to enter your room. And also, the breakfast is a joke. Better pick up another hostel.

The hostel is not at all as advertised. The upstairs roof deck and bar have been haphazardly converted into a dorm, leaving no common area in the lodge. The outdoor part of the roof deck had 9-10 beds during my stay. The staff members ranged from nice but not helpful to incredibly rude. Laundry took over a day and half.

• 26th Apr 2013

The staff wasn't nice, the room was really expensive and very bad.

No lockers in rooms. No living room so hard to meet other guests. Not enough working toilets and showers (most are squatter toilets) lights don't all work. I stayed at the Worst Island for 3 nights before a tour, I was supposed to come back after my tour, but i cancled and stayed at the Cheers Hostel just 5-10 minute walk away and only slightly more expensive. This place is an utter S*** hole :) expensive but 100 times more enjoyable and helpful staff. Do not stay here

This hostel was a poor standard even for a basic hostel! We had a private room which was two single, old beds pushed together, the room had mould, thin walls and we were given one towel between the two of us

Perfect location, but the hostel its self is not the best. It wasn't particularly clean, the showers and toilets were pretty bad i.e not clean, bad lighting, rubbish not emptied often enough. One night a toilet door handle came of im my hand and i was locked in the toilet for a while. I told staff but they didnt fix it and people continued to get locked in. The staff were reasonably nice and helpfull when you asked them questions though.

• 23rd Apr 2013
  • New Zealand

arrived ın the evenıng and the guy workıng receptıon was so stoned he was wrıtıng lıke a 2 year old. He could not answer questıons and was actually a bıt of a joke. Frustratıng when you,ve been on a 12 hr flıght only to greeted by a person that cant even keep hıs eyes open and refuses to answer questıons. whıch ıf an emergency durıng the nıght makes me worry he would be eıther asleep or so out of ıt he doesnt understand what ıs goıng on. other than that a bed to sleep ın.

• 22nd Apr 2013
  • New Zealand

I sincerely believe they could organize things better using a computer based system instead of using a paper based spread sheet. They changed my room without any notice after the second day and were constantly asking if I wanted to check out although I was staying for some days. Some of the staff was not very friendly and the fact that the breakfast begins at 9 does not fit early morning starters.

• 20th Apr 2013