Best Island Hostel Reviews

Cankurtaran Mah.Kutlugun Sok.no 5 Sultanahmet Ista, Istanbul, Istanbul, Turkey

I stayed here for 10 days in february, i payed for the dorm room but they put me to female room, that's really great) its was a heater in the room and it was okay but in other areas (including shower) it was quite cold, we have to wear jackets all the time The turkish breakfast includes small pieces of everything, but a lot of bread)) The electricity was on all the time, the same as hot water in the bathrooms - thats cool cos I know its not the same in the other hostel (manon hostel galata).

• 4th Feb 2015
  • Russia

ı have stayed for 7 days at this hostel very friendly staff the hostel is in a very good location we made alot of friends in this area. I think this hostel is the best choice for backpakers. There is a cleaner all the time toilets and bathrooms is always clean breakfast time is very good between 9 am till 12 am. brekfast was good to meet new travellers. My relation with the manager ``Tony Montana `` was excellent for me this hostels the best i reccomend it to everyone . Hug Tony Montana!!!!

• 26th Jan 2015
  • Spain

The hostel is in a very good location and very cheap the breakfast is nice and the manager Tony Montana is very kind and helpfull ı will mıss this hostel thank you Tony montana

• 25th Jan 2015
  • Argentina

The proprietor was flexible and understanding about my late arrival time, and the location is excellent. However, I had booked a bed in the 16-bed dorm and when I arrived was told that room was closed, and that I would have to pay more to be put in the 6-bed dorm room. I certainly understand if some rooms need to be closed, but it seemed like a ploy to get more money out of customers - perhaps they can change the dorm room offerings on the website to better reflect what is actually available.

Super friendly staff and helpful. Prices are the best in istanbul here. shower warm. Tv cool. what I really liked is how laid back the staff were, they were there to help me in any situation and were just generally pretty warm. very cool in my opinion, finding good quality facilitys is difficult but finding good quality people seems harder now a days in this world. had a good time. it fit what I needed during a reflection type time in my life/ cheers! good good

• 1st Jan 2015

enjoyed my stay a lot. all the bad reviews I read and was worried about before I came here, were exaggerated or fixed. :) Really a good place! Showers are perfectly warm 24/7, staff was very friendly, the 16 bed dorm is beautiful, the terrace the perfect choice for summer. In winter, please don't book these option :D ;)

• 28th Dec 2014

The location can't be beat (about 50m from the Hagia Sophia!) and the staff are really helpful. I stayed here before a couple of years ago, and it's still a cozy, colourful, bargain-traveller retreat, which is just my cup of tea :)

The staff especially Tony were very helpful. Tony took bis time explaining the City map, sights and activities.

Tony was very helpful and friendly' the hostel was in a good location. Free breakfast in the morning, lots of hot water and clean toilets.

• 24th Dec 2014
  • South Korea

The Best Island Hostel is really really good! Tony was really helpful with all the tips and very friendly ! I am sure that I will come back to Istanbul with my friends and family. Thank you Tony for everything, it was awesome!

• 21st Dec 2014

Hello to everyone, I higly reccomend this place becouse of price/quality.Hotel location is absolutely optimal for who want to stay central turistic attraction like santa sofia mosque,blue mosque or grand bazaar.Rooms are very clean and organized very well for who want to stay in quiet also.Personal is educated and always smiley and helpful for all of your problems.Specially Tony who we became friends after 15min. from check in :D. I'll definetely come back and I recommend everyone.

• 13th Dec 2014

I'm very suprised about this Hostel becouse when i saw price, i said "i pay less,and service will be less also".But from the first second that i was there at last second everyone was friendly,professional and correct with me.Rooms was clean,quiet and confortable.Tony and Tarik specially are awesome persons and if i'll go to Istanbul again,my second home is BEST ISLAND HOSTEL!!!highly recommended.

• 13th Dec 2014

This is a great hostel to stay at at. Tony did everything to make sure my stay was great. The breakfast was plentiful and delicious. The hostel was very clean and in a good location in the middle of everything. I would stay here again.

Stayed this hostel 26-30 of November, everything good.

• 26th Nov 2014
  • Ukraine

Great value for money. Room and bathroom very small, but bed clean and comfortable and everything worked just fine, from the aircon to the plumbing.

• 18th Nov 2014
  • South Africa

Great place. A two minute walk from the blue mosque and hagia sophia. On a street that is full of hostels so there are always friendly people to chat with and do things with. Most of the staff can't speak but the ones that do are really helpful and and super chill.

• 11th Nov 2014

The hostel worth what you pay. The staff is very nice and most of all they speak English! (Not a common thing in Istanbul). I was in the 16-beds room and I slept well. Shortly, I would back in Best Island Hostel again.

• 23rd Oct 2014

what i can say about this place, that it has a very good location. if you choose a type of the room which called "tent" you should know that it is actually not a tent it is an open balcony even without a roof.

• 1st Oct 2014
  • Russia

Nice place and an excellent location to see the attractions but lacked atmosphere and had no real common area to socialise. The locker system was not safe at all. They took my purse and asked me to write down it's contents then put it in the cupboard at reception with NO lock. I saw no one at the desk on two occasions. Anyone could easily take your valuabls. The free Turkish breakfast was nice.

One of the worst hostel experiences I've had. The staff were incompetent and downright rude to the guests. When we got to our room their was a terrible odor that made it difficult to stay in it for any extended periods of time, the sheets were stained, and all of the lockers were broken. As a budget backpacker I don't expect much but this place disappointed even the slightest of expectations. The only thing this place has going for it is the location but there are much better hostels in the area