Botxo Gallery - Youth Hostel Bilbao Gallery Two Reviews

Avenida de las Universidades, 5, Bilbao, Spain

Good Hostel, but could be cheaper.

• 10th Oct 2014
  • lucasmacoris

Very clean rooms, plenty of space, friendly and helpful staff, good breakfast. Only one thing though, bring a small lock as the lockers only have tiny holes to fit a lock through.

Very very poor security!! The first night we were ate Botxo a few guys discovered the pin that allows the guests to enter the hostel at night, when nobody of the staff stays there.Because of it our night was horrible, a strange woman yelled all night and didn't let anybody sleep. Everyone was so scared of her that nobody said anything. There was 2 guys with her, one of them seems to sell drugs, and definetely was trying to open our lockers to find money. Worst night ever

• 12th Sep 2014

Sixteen bunks in a room with no Windows or ventilation is unacceptable by anyones standards. The lockers were too small so people had to leave their stuff all over the floor. The breakfast room was tiny and the tables and stools not adequate for the job.

No member of staff present overnight, a lot of beds in one room; not somewhere to stay if you are a light sleeper and need a good nights sleep

Good short term hostel; each room was about 18 bunks and the showers were a bit hairy but it was directly across from the Guggenheim, tram and information Centre. Don't book with your card details though since they charged me the full amount on my credit card(90€ ) when my friend and I were ten minutes later than what we booked under the impression that we weren't showing up and looking back I'm sure it was the full price without subtracting the booking fee. Just felt a little bit illegal but

I really enjoyed this hostel. Great location, very clean, affordable and the staff were very helpful. I just wish there was a designated space in the freezer to leave our unwanted food to the other travelers. I left an almost full jar of blueberry preserves in there and I would hate for it to go to waste! If there is one, I didnt see it. But yeah, I definitely plan on booking here on my way back through Bilbao!

Very unfriendly staff and overall a cold and dull atmosphere. Overpriced. Great location though for anyone coming to Bilbao for the Guggenheim.

There wasn't toilet paper in the evening, my mate's bed sheets were stolen by other guest/client. I left one towel outside, on the top of my bed and I found it in the floor afterwards. It was impossible to prepare my bed due to the lack of space around it. The only thing that is worth of this hostel is the location.

• 8th Jul 2014
  • Spain

It was very cheap to stay here and for the money I paid it was a very good stay. There is no cooker washing machine or dryer so for people who want to have a longer stay this maybe an issue other than that I felt it was a good hostel for the amount it cost

• 3rd Jul 2014

This place is dirty. I don't think the dorm rooms were cleaned once in my three day stay. Bathrooms rarely had toilet paper. Location is fantastic, though. Big party hostel on weekends, with people stumbling in extremely drunk at 4am, 6am, 8am.

The electricity stopped working and since the staff leaves and doesn't leave a number we had to wait until they came the next day...