Canadian Hostel Hong Kong Reviews

Block E, Flat E/6, 7th Floor, Chung King Mansions, Tsim Tsa Tsui, Hong Kong, Hong Kong, Hong Kong

The staff were very informative and were able to get us cheaper tickets for certain entertainment. Although the atmosphere wasn't as good as I thought, the overall stay was pleasant. The towels and bed could've been better cleaned but for the price, I was glad that I could find this hostel in Hong Kong considering how concentrated the place was. However to note, the lift in Chung King Mansions could have move faster for swifter check ins & outs. The stairs were mostly used throughout my stay.

• 29th Jun 2015
  • Singapore

When I read the reviews of this hostel I didn't take them seriously as I am used to budget accommodation in Asia and I don't mind having little space and street vendors. But this place goes beyond anything I've seen. Imagine sleeping in a closet in an abandonded hospital which has been occupied by drug dealers. It's worse. The third day of our stay we woke up to a completely flooded room so you get a free feces jacuzzi if the above doesn't satisfy you. Get a room on Airbnb for the same price.

• 14th May 2015
  • Greece

It wasn't my first time staying in Chungking Mansion. If you set your expectation correctly and are on a budget, I recommend this hostel. Rooms will be small, of course, but you'll get a working aircon and a fan. The little extra like free water and tea & coffee(instant) are why I would stay there again on my next trip. Also tried the indian restaurant next door on the 7th floor, it was pretty good, and convenient of course.