Canadian Hostel Hong Kong Reviews

Block E, Flat E/6, 7th Floor, Chung King Mansions, Tsim Tsa Tsui, Hong Kong, Hong Kong, Hong Kong

They didn't have my room ready when I arrived, They took me to another rooom in the same building . That room wasnt clean at all. I found small cockroaches around the room. If you can find any other hostel in Hong Kong go there, I do not recomend this place!

The reception isn't 24hour as advertised. Had to call someone to let us in as our flight was delayed. Staff clearly a bit pissed off at getting woken up, which is understandable, but it does say 24 hour reception.

Great little place in to heart of Hong Kong. Cheap and cheerful.

• 22nd Jul 2014

I give 0% for this place, even if hostelworld changes it to 20% or something else again The stuff was very unfriendly, they asked us to change the rooms almost every day without a reason, they gave 3 of us a triple-room instead of the double+single rooms we booked, but didn't give any discount. The "drinking water" they provide is just from the tab (it smells, and the bottles aren's sealed). Sheets&towels are full of stains, toilets aren't working. Book any other place, it can't be worse!

Located in a very dirty, creepy building. Depressing atmosphere. Very loud. Toilet broken (wouldn't stop flushing, made huge noise). Staff refused to repair it or to change rooms. Staff generally very unfriendly, no interest in talking to you or answering such small requests as a 2nd towel or a 2nd bedsheet. You're always told "yes, later", but nothing happens. Couldn't tell if they were racist or sexist. I (white woman) was completely ignored, to my friends (asian male) they at least talked.

The location is perfect, the only problem is that there is a very noisy an dirty markt in the ground floor. The staff is very nice, but you don't really get any contact with them, since the check-in is on the other side of a very big building. The room looks very clean, but because of the material of the walls (like a bathroom) they get humid in the night because of the respiration and it's the only hostel in Chine where I've seen a cockroach. The only facilities they give is free tea.

the desk incharge is very accommodating. we were upgraded to a family room on our first day coz there's no vacancy yet for 2 bedroom. bedsheet and towel are changed everyday. so far, this is the best hostel that i can recommend to my friends to stay in hongkong.

We are travelling 2 years now, so we arent fussy about accommodation. Canadian hostel was a disaster. Touts everywhere, wait in a queue for ages to get your floor. Catching the lift down is really hard because the lift is always full from higher floors. Taking the stairs is dodgy! Moved us to another place because they were fully book even we booked months in advance... Guy at reception was the worst i have met. He had a "who cares" kind of attitude. Prostitutes in and out. Dirty inside and out.

This hostel is very small but that is normal for Hong Kong. Price seemed pretty on par for others in the area. The building that it is in is called Chungking Mansion and I would not advise any single women to stay here alone. I was there with a friend and we both felt okay but only because we were together at all times. Room was clean and ac worked fairly well. Very convenient to underground system.

Value for money and friendly staff

For what I look for in HK this was perfect: good location, clean, good wifi, my own bathroom. Like most "hostels" in HK the rooms are very small, but all I did was chill/sleep in it. The owner was nice, check out was VERY fast/easy, the room was clean, the wifi connection was good, etc.

Thanks a lot for your kind words. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and hope that you will allow us to serve you again!

It would better not to stay at any hostel in this building. 1st floor is shady. There is no common area and all the rooms are on seperate floors. So if you would rather not meet anyone than stay here otherwise most any other place is worth the extra you might pay

Thanks for your review. We are sorry that you did not enjoy your experience with us. Please note that as a shift goes towards a much more budget 'luxury' hotel, we aim to deliver that towards the traveler. Regarding the common area - it is a difficult thing to come by especially in a area scarce Tsim Sha Tsui. Nonetheless, we hope you will allow us to serve you again and we will aim to make your stay much more enjoyable the next time.

This place does a decent job of providing a clean hostel room. However, it is located in a building called the Chungking Mansions that is a very unpleasant flea-market for aggressive hecklers. The building and its surrounding area also has a big problem with the number of dealers who will approach tourists to sell their goods. Definitely, definitely stay on HK island if possible. Also, the first night we arrived, they were overbooked and placed in another hostel down the street. Inconvenient.

Thanks for your review. We apologize for the overbooking but it was due a group of guests deciding to extend their stay without any prior notice and they had left the rooms so we could not vacate their items without their permission. We wish you all the best and hope you will allow us to serve you again.

This is not a hostel. Every so called hostel in Chung King mansions is actually just a floor with rooms in it. There are no common spaces so you will not meet people. I cannot fault the cleanliness, staff or location, but if you are looking for a hostel do not go to Chung King mansions. if you are looking for budget accomodation in a good area, and are prepared to put up with indian guys on the street hassling you by trying to sell fake watches, coke, charlie, hashish, this is the perfect place.

Thanks for your review. Unfortunately, we cannot control what goes on under the building but there is security present 24 hours a day and the hecklers will stop bothering you after you say no to them once or twice. We aim to provide a clean,safe and budget experience.

Thank you for providing me clean towels and nice hair dryer, which is very important to me. The staff is really nice and friendly. Although the building is a little bit scary, I feel comfortable and safe as always.

Thanks for your review. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us! Hope you will let us to serve you again next time~

It is one of the best hostels in Nathan Road that I've been. The staff is very kind, they help you in everything you need. The room was clean.

Thanks for your review! We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and hope that you will allow us to serve you again!

Elevators are hard to find. Look on the right side towards the back. Stairs are often a better option on the way down. Room was clean but very tiny. No social area at all, nor staff on our floor for help or advice.

Thanks for your review. Please note that for any advice or questions - we provide a telephone number and also you can head to the main reception for all your questions or concerns. We are glad you enjoyed your stay.

The good things first: cleanliness was outstanding. The room and bathroom were spotless. Despite the location inside the Chungking Mansions, I felt absolutely secure staying there as a single woman. Location was also ideal - close to stations, ferry, shopping. If I come back, I will definitely stay here again! Downside: if you are wanting to meet other travellers, this won't be it. It doesn't have a common room.

Thanks for your kind words! We are very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and enjoy the cleanliness and location of our hostel. Unfortunately, due to limited space we cannot provide a common room. Thanks.