Canadian Hostel Hong Kong Reviews

Block E, Flat E/6, 7th Floor, Chung King Mansions, Tsim Tsa Tsui, Hong Kong, Hong Kong, Hong Kong

When I read the reviews of this hostel I didn't take them seriously as I am used to budget accommodation in Asia and I don't mind having little space and street vendors. But this place goes beyond anything I've seen. Imagine sleeping in a closet in an abandonded hospital which has been occupied by drug dealers. It's worse. The third day of our stay we woke up to a completely flooded room so you get a free feces jacuzzi if the above doesn't satisfy you. Get a room on Airbnb for the same price.

• 14th May 2015
  • Greece

It wasn't my first time staying in Chungking Mansion. If you set your expectation correctly and are on a budget, I recommend this hostel. Rooms will be small, of course, but you'll get a working aircon and a fan. The little extra like free water and tea & coffee(instant) are why I would stay there again on my next trip. Also tried the indian restaurant next door on the 7th floor, it was pretty good, and convenient of course.

The hostel was well placed and in a well known building that any taxi driver or local can direct you to if you have problems finding it. However you get what you pay for with this hostel, the staff were not particularly friendly, the rooms were small (but this is to be expected in Hong Kong), and sadly the towels that we had to ask for numeral times were a little dirty. Not the best hostel I've stayed in in Hong Kong, but fine if you're on a budget.

It was a great place and I felt very secure-- but it was very loud at night. The noise coming from the people who worked there and their TV didn't end until about 2am. I would've liked it quieter earlier.

• 28th Mar 2015

Thanks for your review. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We will mention this to the staff regarding the television at late night and we do apologize for this!

Yes, Chung King Mansions is an adventure as other reviewers have noted. That begin said, it didn't give us any problems. The room was indeed tiny, but that's a Hong Kong experience! It was very clean, and everything went smoothly. The man at the desk who greeted us was very friendly and helpful.

I booked online and the room was available for 3 beds private room. But, the staff took us to another sections with difference owner. We got 1 double bed + 1 small bed this is not good and everything is not convenient, very small room. Maximum 10, I give 3 only and not suggest to stay here. Maybe all other hostel in the same building might be similar.

Thanks for your review. Please note that as you had booked with us online we gave you one of the newest rooms we have. Also, regarding Triple Room - it is 1 Double Bed + 1 Single Bed. If you had a preference, please mention at reception and we will give the one with 3 single beds if available. Although the rooms are small we provide numerous amenities free of charge such as WiFi - Tea/Coffee - Cold Water etc.

I stayed in a few hostels in the CK Mansions while in HK. This was the best one. We weren't actually in the main hostel in the 7th floor, we were in a new addition/expansion/something on the 3rd floor. It was new, very quiet, very clean and the three guys I met who worked there were nice and helpful. Size of rooms and hallways are as you would expect of CK. Water in fridge, and soap/shampoo available. FYI, if you're on the 3rd floor, the stairs are usually fastest, especially when you're leaving

• 26th Feb 2015

Thank you very much for your review! We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and were able to stay in one of our newest additions on the 3/F. We hope you will let us serve you again on your next trip to HK.