Capsule Hotel Asakusa River Side Reviews

2-20-4-B Kaminarimon, Taito-ku, Tokyo, Japan

We were extremely dissapointed with the capsule hotel, the boys found toothpicks in their capsules, the smell was unpleasant, while there were lockers available, we had to hand in our locker key in exchange for our shoes (and hence all the staff had access to our lockers for the duration we werent in the hotel) The staff were mediocre and we were very keen to check out asap

Location is fantastic, capsules are good, about a dozen per level/room, be prepared for japan's public bathing system which may require some getting used to (but the view of skytree etc from the bath/top level is great)

The hallways stank of cigarettes.

Good location, but the Building left the impression that it was unmaintained and carpets on the onsen floor gave the impression that it was not so clean...

Pro: Very good Hotel for that price Very clean Fast WiFi Well located Con: Since check-out has to made every day, lockers that can be booked for a longer period than 12 hours would be useful (otherwise you have to be back at the hotel after 12 hours)

• 28th Nov 2014

This place offered everything we needed: a safe place to sleep, shower, and use the internet/ pre-game our nights on the town. Obviously you get what you pay for, and I would say a stay in a capsule hotel is absolutely worth the price of admission for the different experience. Just don't forget to "keep one's promise" (weird sign on the door by the men's shower area).

• 22nd Nov 2014

This is must do in Japan. A great location and awesome capsules. Was a bit hot throughout the night and couldn't find where to turn the heat off, but the experience was still great!

This hotel is a bit hard to find but very nicely located. It is 2 minutes from the mtr basically as you get out of the right exit go to the right and you will see it in the same street. The staff doesnt speak english but they really tried to help us. The facilities are kinda strange. There are only showers in a shared seperated by gender. In there is also a great bath so that is really enjoyable. I really enjoyed the capsules it was the real japanese experience.

If in Tokyo you have to try this once. Probably the only place you will find on a weekend... People living in Japan outside of Tokyo come in on the weekend and book all the hostels for a day or two due to price difference than hotel (2,500¥ compared to 20,000¥ for a hotel room). Found it better than a motel 8 though. Something that hostelworld did not mention is that they have two women only floors... Maybe for safety reasons?!? Oh and showers are like being in a YMCA... If you get the idea...

I stayed here for one night on the female floor. Unlike other capsule hotels I've stayed in there was no security on the entrance to the female only floor. Anyone could get the lift up to the floor and walk in. There was no atmosphere in the hotel but this is to be expected in capsule hotels. Unlike hostels people tend to keep to themselves. The bed sheets, pyjamas and towels were clean. It's in a central location. Some of the facilities are a little run down. I've stayed in nicer.

definitely a bang for your buck. a good experience for the capsule hotel as well. it wasn't that clean but that was expected

Probably wouldn't go back myself but for someone who wanted to experience a capsule hotel I would recommend it, had a great location literally above the metro and walking distance to the shrine with plenty of places to eat nearby too.

• 11th Oct 2014
  • Northern Ireland

Well let's see here, where do I start, what do I say about this place? Well if I was Ashley you should be scared. First night, wow watch out for her. "I don't want this, I don't like that, someone will see my butt?" I came down next morning and holy doodle, that was scary. She basically said the guy hated her and tried to make her night a bad night. I would be careful around Ashley. I liked it though, boy did I have a nice time. If you don't want any1 2 see your butt, stay away.

good money for the value, if you can fit your bag in your capsule

2 night stay to experience sleeping in the capsules,, will deffo use this hotel again if visiting the area,, staff very helpful, warm and friendly,,,,

• 9th Sep 2014

If you are interested in experiencing a capsule hotel in Tokyo this is certainly a good one. The location is excellent, some 20 meters from the exit of subway station Asakusa (very well connected to the rest of the city). The capsules are comfortable and clean, don´t expect too much though. The only inconvenience is that you have to pay every time you open and close the locker where you leave your bulky luggage.

the capsule inside is a bit warm and air conditioning is not very well..but in general the hotel is super value for money and excellent located ! you will have a view of the skytree and asahi building and the river as well. Wish the shower is available 24 hrs tho...

The most important thing you have to know is that there is no space for luggage. There are lockers in the common room on the 2nd floor which cost 300 yen for 12 hours. I slept with my backpack in the capsule, that is possible but if you have more luggage than a backpack it might be "cosy". For the rest it is ok, there is wireless in the common room, a hot bath and you get a pyjama and fresh sheets and towels every day. It was a nice experience.

Got into Tokyo exhausted at midnight - this capsule hotel was perfect for what I needed. 24 hour reception meant getting there late was no problem, the capsule itself was clean and plenty of space. Hard to find capsule hotels for women. Location is great, I love Asakusa district and this hostel is right by the river, above the subway station, and very close to Senso-ji on one side and the Asahi brewery on the other. Communal areas a bit seedy and dirty, bath closes at 9am.

Basic, but good for budget travellers. didn't find much to do nearby at night but it was convenient for train. the bathing area had a nice view of the sky tree and the river. there is a nice park to take a walk and see the sky tree lighting up at night. would stay again.