Capsule Hotel Asakusa River Side Reviews

2-20-4-B Kaminarimon, Taito-ku, Tokyo, Japan

I stayed here for one night on the female floor. Unlike other capsule hotels I've stayed in there was no security on the entrance to the female only floor. Anyone could get the lift up to the floor and walk in. There was no atmosphere in the hotel but this is to be expected in capsule hotels. Unlike hostels people tend to keep to themselves. The bed sheets, pyjamas and towels were clean. It's in a central location. Some of the facilities are a little run down. I've stayed in nicer.

definitely a bang for your buck. a good experience for the capsule hotel as well. it wasn't that clean but that was expected

Probably wouldn't go back myself but for someone who wanted to experience a capsule hotel I would recommend it, had a great location literally above the metro and walking distance to the shrine with plenty of places to eat nearby too.

• 11th Oct 2014
  • Northern Ireland

Well let's see here, where do I start, what do I say about this place? Well if I was Ashley you should be scared. First night, wow watch out for her. "I don't want this, I don't like that, someone will see my butt?" I came down next morning and holy doodle, that was scary. She basically said the guy hated her and tried to make her night a bad night. I would be careful around Ashley. I liked it though, boy did I have a nice time. If you don't want any1 2 see your butt, stay away.

good money for the value, if you can fit your bag in your capsule

2 night stay to experience sleeping in the capsules,, will deffo use this hotel again if visiting the area,, staff very helpful, warm and friendly,,,,

• 9th Sep 2014

If you are interested in experiencing a capsule hotel in Tokyo this is certainly a good one. The location is excellent, some 20 meters from the exit of subway station Asakusa (very well connected to the rest of the city). The capsules are comfortable and clean, don´t expect too much though. The only inconvenience is that you have to pay every time you open and close the locker where you leave your bulky luggage.

the capsule inside is a bit warm and air conditioning is not very well..but in general the hotel is super value for money and excellent located ! you will have a view of the skytree and asahi building and the river as well. Wish the shower is available 24 hrs tho...

The most important thing you have to know is that there is no space for luggage. There are lockers in the common room on the 2nd floor which cost 300 yen for 12 hours. I slept with my backpack in the capsule, that is possible but if you have more luggage than a backpack it might be "cosy". For the rest it is ok, there is wireless in the common room, a hot bath and you get a pyjama and fresh sheets and towels every day. It was a nice experience.

Got into Tokyo exhausted at midnight - this capsule hotel was perfect for what I needed. 24 hour reception meant getting there late was no problem, the capsule itself was clean and plenty of space. Hard to find capsule hotels for women. Location is great, I love Asakusa district and this hostel is right by the river, above the subway station, and very close to Senso-ji on one side and the Asahi brewery on the other. Communal areas a bit seedy and dirty, bath closes at 9am.

Basic, but good for budget travellers. didn't find much to do nearby at night but it was convenient for train. the bathing area had a nice view of the sky tree and the river. there is a nice park to take a walk and see the sky tree lighting up at night. would stay again.

Not a place to stay if you want to meet others.

The staff is not welcoming at all and toi have to pay for lockers. However the location is amazing and the price is ridiculusly low for what you get

Capsules did not lock, so anyone could take your things any time. No plug either so you cannot charge your devices. The whole place looks like it stopped in the 80's. Dark and dirty. They also charge 400 yen each 12 hours for holding your bag, and if you open it you have to pay again. No kitchen for guests. Worse hostel experience I had in Japan. Good only for sleeping if you have to sleep close to narita and can't find anywhere else.

The capsule was a little bit dirty, the enclosure for the TV had been removed, and it was filled with dust and a few pieces of garbage. I asked for a different capsule and got it, the enclosure wasn't there either, but it was cleaner.

• 31st Jul 2014

VERY VERY BAD

The stay was OK, but the staff was not very sympathetic.

Just FYI: smoking is permitted in the lobby and common rooms. I found that bothersome, as I couldn't escape the second-hand smoke while checking in or using the on-site computer. Don't expect to be able to charge any electronic devices in your capsule-only some have outlets. The capsules don't lock, so expect to leave your valuables in a coin locker on site or sleep with everything in your capsule with you.

• 15th Jul 2014

It was very old, but for the price and location is ok. Not many people stay there or at least it was my impression when I was there (about 4 people on a huge room) All of them were foreigners. The view is amazing!!

I do not have anything bad to say about this place. I used it as a place to sleep and nothing more. It was excellent at what it is meant to do -- giving you a place to sleep. Excellent price and the actual capsules themselves were quite comfortable. Just depends on who is also there when you are. The travellers that were there when I was were amazingly respectful.

• 21st Jun 2014