Capsule Hotel Asakusa River Side Reviews

2-20-4-B Kaminarimon, Taito-ku, Tokyo, Japan

It was my first experience in a capsule hotel and I slept lnly one night only to try it. It was mainly westerners sleeping there. The capsule was big enough for me. Like others say, I thought it would be smaller. They really need to change the mattress. It was ridiculously thin, having seen many travellers before I guess. I had problems sleeping because my hips were hurting bad. Same with the other guys I asked the day after. I am happy I only slept there one night. Right mext subway station.

Don't stay here unless you absolutely have to!!!We booked 2 nights here. Our stay was a bad experience. The staffs are incompetent when it comes to English. No locker provided and they charged 400 yen per 12hours if we want to use their locker so we ended up leaving out baggage outside. We also want to switch our beds closer to each other's but they said the room was full and didn't let us. Later i found out that the room was half empty. No electric socket in capsule.

Decent enough hotel. Slightly grim atmosphere in the main corridors, but the capsules themselves are nice enough.

It was a strange experience to stay in the capsule hotel. It was ok as a bed, and it did not get claustrophobic, but... it was one, too hot, and that made it hardly possible to sleep; and two, they tried to make money on everything, including security boxes.

Some of the padding in certain capsules needs to be changed out as they no longer provide any padding. The bath was great and provided a great view of the sky tree and was maintained very nicely. The location was amazing and was very easy to get to and from on any given day.

No engish speakers there so very hard for them to help. Room was too warm with no wsy to turn it down. Bath room was smokey and stale. Atmos and decor is really aged and tacky. No sign on the building so very hard to find. Check out at 10 banging on my wall was a bit harsh. Check in at 3 was too after a 30 hour journey, no reasoning with staff as no english and i bet the room was ready at 1 pm too.

There were no power points to charge your devices.

• 22nd Feb 2014
  • India

much better than many comments suggest. Clean, English speaking staff, the bath is pretty awesome, common area and it didn't smell like smoke in the hallway. Definitely worth a stay

Need a bigger locker for free, and wifi in floor for sleeping, not only in 2nd floor. Thank you for the hospitality anyway.

• 10th Feb 2014
  • Indonesia

Really enjoyed the experience of sleeping in a capsule, though the hotel has other 'normal' rooms too. The capsule rooms just feel like unusual dorms. Dorm and public bath were clean. Staff were extremely helpful and friendly, even at 4 in the morning when we decided to venture to Tsukiji. I'll definitely recommend this place in the future. Great location for exploring Asakusa and Sky Tree.

The hot bath on the roof is a fantastic way to spend an evening after a busy day in Tokyo! Located next door to a metro line it has great connections to the rest of the Tokyo. If you are looking for somewhere Different to stay then would recommend this.

So we decided to cancel this booking and stay at the place we were already at because I had sprained my ankle and didn't want to climb into the capsules. We read the terms of agreement on hostelworld which required cancellation within 24 hours to the direct hotel. I called the hotel and they basically gave me the runaround telling me I couldn't cancel and that I needed to call hostelworld. They warned we would pay 3800 yen. Later, we cancelled, they charged us 4000, full price. DO NOT STAY

We liked everything and our stay was very pleasant. Not very modern but nice. I would recommend it to everybody.

• 14th Jan 2014
  • Romania

Great location, and you get exactly what you expect from a capsule hotel. Not much apart from the bed, but that was perfectly comfortable. If you're busy all day and just need a bed, this does the job and in a pretty unique way.

Easy to find and nice staff. It was my first time in capsule and it was bigger than I thought. The view from the bath really is beautiful at night! It was nice to hang around there. Sadly the internet only works on the 2nd floor and there isn't that many power supplies. Also if you want to be sure that your luggage will stay safe you have to pay either 300 or 400 yen every 12 hours for the coin locker. But I felt safe to keep my handbag in the capsule for a while when I went somewhere.

It was a really good place to stay, Get there via the Ginza subway line, transferring from Tokyo. down the road from Kaminarimon Gate, Nakamise shopping street and Sensoji Temple and with a great view of Tokyo Sky Tree and the Asahi sculpture from the 9th floor. Also on the 9th floor is the women's and men's (seperate) onsen, which was hot and clean with shampoo and soap provided. Towels, a Toothbrush & Paste and Pyjamas are provided in the locker you're given access to but there's no razor.

• 18th Dec 2013

I asked my previous hostel to hold my large rucksack for the period of my stay but there are lockers of a variety of sizes and I even managed to get my Yen coins back. During my visit it was very quiet and I had the entire room of capsules to myself although this let me explore in private. The rooftop washroom and balcony have great views and the kitchen has mobile phone charging for a price. There was karaoke in the main eating room but I did not take part as it was a very japanese affair.

A great place to stay near the Tokyo SkyTree while in Tokyo.

I had difficulty finding the place, even though it was right beside Asakusa station. The staff were friendly and helpful. First time at a capsule hotel, and I only stayed one night. It was cheap, and you get your own space, but I prefer the hostel atmosphere.

It's okay for the low amount of money that you spend. Because you can't really seal off your capsule (there's a curtain, that's it), it doesn't really keep the snor-ers out, and lockers for big luggage have rates per 12 hours. Capsules are big/wide enough to fit a bag in though. Wifi is really good, but only available on certain floors (probably not in your capsule). Just some things to take into consideration, if you're not bothered by this, then the price/quality is quite fine.