Capsule Hotel Asakusa River Side Reviews

2-20-4-B Kaminarimon, Taito-ku, Tokyo, Japan

Cheap capsule hotel with a convenient location next to Asakusa station. The facilities are very worn down and dirty. You can smoke inside so the whole building smells smoke. The capsule was OK, except the TV-stand had a ton of dust on it. The whole hotel feels like it had it glory days 20 years ago, and have just given up of maintaining the facilites. The best thing about this place is the cheap place and location. Totally OK for a stay if you are not picky

I found previous reviews are accurate. Great location . Lockers are few floors below the capsules, that's annoying and you have to pay for it every 12 hours. The common room is not that inviting but the only place with wifi. The capsule was confortable and larger than i expected. Am glad i experienced it for a night but wouldn't recommend it for long stay. You need to be super organised with your stuff in order to make this place work.

It was my first experience in a capsule hotel and I slept lnly one night only to try it. It was mainly westerners sleeping there. The capsule was big enough for me. Like others say, I thought it would be smaller. They really need to change the mattress. It was ridiculously thin, having seen many travellers before I guess. I had problems sleeping because my hips were hurting bad. Same with the other guys I asked the day after. I am happy I only slept there one night. Right mext subway station.

Don't stay here unless you absolutely have to!!!We booked 2 nights here. Our stay was a bad experience. The staffs are incompetent when it comes to English. No locker provided and they charged 400 yen per 12hours if we want to use their locker so we ended up leaving out baggage outside. We also want to switch our beds closer to each other's but they said the room was full and didn't let us. Later i found out that the room was half empty. No electric socket in capsule.

I loved the capsule experience, and found that I slept very well! I loved that this location had a traditional sento for bath, and that you could overlook the river with Japanese and Foreign friends from the top floor. I was surprised by how quiet the capsule area was - I never felt disturbed. The 2nd floor is a good place to meet travelers and is the only place to access wifi.

• 30th Mar 2014

Decent enough hotel. Slightly grim atmosphere in the main corridors, but the capsules themselves are nice enough.

It was my first time staying in a capsule hotel, and it was very interesting. The location is great since it's really close to Kaminarimon, Nakamise, Sensoji Temple, etc. The staff were quite nice and understood English well

It was a strange experience to stay in the capsule hotel. It was ok as a bed, and it did not get claustrophobic, but... it was one, too hot, and that made it hardly possible to sleep; and two, they tried to make money on everything, including security boxes.

Some of the padding in certain capsules needs to be changed out as they no longer provide any padding. The bath was great and provided a great view of the sky tree and was maintained very nicely. The location was amazing and was very easy to get to and from on any given day.

No engish speakers there so very hard for them to help. Room was too warm with no wsy to turn it down. Bath room was smokey and stale. Atmos and decor is really aged and tacky. No sign on the building so very hard to find. Check out at 10 banging on my wall was a bit harsh. Check in at 3 was too after a 30 hour journey, no reasoning with staff as no english and i bet the room was ready at 1 pm too.

There were no power points to charge your devices.

• 22nd Feb 2014
  • India

much better than many comments suggest. Clean, English speaking staff, the bath is pretty awesome, common area and it didn't smell like smoke in the hallway. Definitely worth a stay

Need a bigger locker for free, and wifi in floor for sleeping, not only in 2nd floor. Thank you for the hospitality anyway.

• 10th Feb 2014
  • Indonesia

Really enjoyed the experience of sleeping in a capsule, though the hotel has other 'normal' rooms too. The capsule rooms just feel like unusual dorms. Dorm and public bath were clean. Staff were extremely helpful and friendly, even at 4 in the morning when we decided to venture to Tsukiji. I'll definitely recommend this place in the future. Great location for exploring Asakusa and Sky Tree.

The hot bath on the roof is a fantastic way to spend an evening after a busy day in Tokyo! Located next door to a metro line it has great connections to the rest of the Tokyo. If you are looking for somewhere Different to stay then would recommend this.

So we decided to cancel this booking and stay at the place we were already at because I had sprained my ankle and didn't want to climb into the capsules. We read the terms of agreement on hostelworld which required cancellation within 24 hours to the direct hotel. I called the hotel and they basically gave me the runaround telling me I couldn't cancel and that I needed to call hostelworld. They warned we would pay 3800 yen. Later, we cancelled, they charged us 4000, full price. DO NOT STAY

We liked everything and our stay was very pleasant. Not very modern but nice. I would recommend it to everybody.

• 14th Jan 2014
  • Romania

Great location, and you get exactly what you expect from a capsule hotel. Not much apart from the bed, but that was perfectly comfortable. If you're busy all day and just need a bed, this does the job and in a pretty unique way.

Easy to find and nice staff. It was my first time in capsule and it was bigger than I thought. The view from the bath really is beautiful at night! It was nice to hang around there. Sadly the internet only works on the 2nd floor and there isn't that many power supplies. Also if you want to be sure that your luggage will stay safe you have to pay either 300 or 400 yen every 12 hours for the coin locker. But I felt safe to keep my handbag in the capsule for a while when I went somewhere.

It was a really good place to stay, Get there via the Ginza subway line, transferring from Tokyo. down the road from Kaminarimon Gate, Nakamise shopping street and Sensoji Temple and with a great view of Tokyo Sky Tree and the Asahi sculpture from the 9th floor. Also on the 9th floor is the women's and men's (seperate) onsen, which was hot and clean with shampoo and soap provided. Towels, a Toothbrush & Paste and Pyjamas are provided in the locker you're given access to but there's no razor.

• 18th Dec 2013