Capsule Hotel Asakusa River Side Reviews

2-20-4-B Kaminarimon, Taito-ku, Tokyo, Japan

The stay was OK, but the staff was not very sympathetic.

Just FYI: smoking is permitted in the lobby and common rooms. I found that bothersome, as I couldn't escape the second-hand smoke while checking in or using the on-site computer. Don't expect to be able to charge any electronic devices in your capsule-only some have outlets. The capsules don't lock, so expect to leave your valuables in a coin locker on site or sleep with everything in your capsule with you.

• 15th Jul 2014

I do not have anything bad to say about this place. I used it as a place to sleep and nothing more. It was excellent at what it is meant to do -- giving you a place to sleep. Excellent price and the actual capsules themselves were quite comfortable. Just depends on who is also there when you are. The travellers that were there when I was were amazingly respectful.

• 21st Jun 2014

It was a great experience spend two nights in this Capsule Hotel.

Very nice staff, helpful. Also, the second floor public area has some nice tables and sofas so you can relax a bit and have a place to eat something you bring in. I was not bothered by the shared bath, but some people might be, so a fair warning: yes the bath is completely public, no walls or anything to separate you from anyone else. The bath facilities are very clean and the water is nice. (one bath area for men, other for women).

• 21st Jun 2014

Nice location and staff, hard beds. Very basic.

すごく汚かったです。銭湯の壁天井で黴が付いてて、ほとんどの布団は生理の血に汚れて、毎日もらったスリッパは臭くて、汗に濡れていました。汚いほど我慢できなくて、早くチェックアウトしました。でもその日フロントは何も聴いてくれませんでした。日本では最悪ホテルの経験でした。 Bath ceiling and walls had mold, almost all of the futon are stained with period blood, and everyday the slippers I wore stank and were greasy with someone else's sweat. It was so disgusting I checked out early but on the day I did they didn't ask me anything and said I couldn't get a refund because I paid with credit card. Worst hotel experience in Japan.

• 19th Jun 2014

The location is really nice but you can smell the smoke in the hall way or elavator.

Awesome location just next to Sumida River and Asakusa's Sensoji Temple. A bit old hostel, but clean, and the best thing is that it has a sauna/hot bath department on 9th floor with a nice view over Sumidagawa. Highly recommended.

Smell of smoke permeated whole building, mattresses had completely lost their stuffing, but cheap way to experience the uniquely Japanese capsules.

The hotel is quite expensive according to the facilities, wich are old, even they are in very well-conservated state. The location is excelent, close to Asakusa station and Kaminarimon, and not far com Tokyo Skytree. And there's no wifi at the capsules.

• 6th Jun 2014

One of the nicer capsule hotels in Asakusa. I was impressed with the space of the capsule and the quality of their baths. The location is excellent (right by the subway exit and less than a block from Senso-ji). I would stay here again.

If you can avoid going to a capsule hotel, do it! The place was noisy, poorly ventilated and the facilities were pretty old.

It was a fantastic stay barring the receptionist's lack of English capabilities. Unlike a conventional hostel, the beds were made for us daily and shower robes were also provided for the family-style bathroom, which was again a great experience for me here in Tokyo. The family-style bathroom has a warm water pool and a sauna as well and you can easily spend an hour in the shower area!

( ): The location is great - it was the biggest advantage. Man at the reception desk could speak English very well and was helpful. Capsule was quite comfortable and there was more space than we thought it would be. View from the top. Amenities. (-) It was too hot for us and we couldn't switch on air circulation. It was quite dirty. Sento (bath room) was old and unpleasant. No free big lockers. Strange policy for keys (we had to leave it at the reception every time we went out).

if you are a backpacker it is not recomend , you have to do the check out every day and the staff is not friendly

• 13th May 2014
  • Mexico

I wished there is at least one power socket inside each of the capsule so that I could charge my devices like handphone, or camera batteries because I would not have watched the television anyway.

When the lounge is free and empty, it should be accessible to guests who have already checked-out, but need some time to prepare for their next trip. Please do not kick people out onto the streets because they need to prepare, especially if they are not destroying anything, or bothering anyone. The youngest receptionist is wonderful, friendly, and helpful.

I haven't slept so well in a while. After the bath it is so easy to relax and just be on your own in the capsule. I loved it.

Great ! All r excellent ,but the pay locker. i did not have a big baggage so it's fine to me