Capsule Ryokan Kyoto Reviews

204 Tshuchihashicho, Shimogyo-Ku, Kyoto, Kyoto, Japan

Really well thought out concept. Hotel is really near the train station which means not extremely central to a lot of tourist sites but this wasn't an issue at all as the excellent reception staff were always more than happy to help with maps and expert guidance. Hotel is clean and modern. Stayed in a double room and futons were really comfortable. Would recommend here to anyone

• 8th Jul 2014

Very friendly and helpful staff. Rooms were well worth there cost.

A cheap place to stay, but not for those who get claustrophobic. We were staying in a delux double and my partner found it hard to sleep in the tiny room, particularly as the window didn't open. Otherwise a good place to stay.

Loved our stay. The staff was very helpful and even gave us a going away gift.

Great stay!

This place is fantastic!

• 20th Apr 2014

i dont write many reviews, but i was so impressed with this hostel! stayed 7 days, which seems like alot, but in kyoto it isnt. have no complaints. stayed in a single room, and i lacked for nothing. the staff was outstanding, and i can only hope i get to go back there someday. tremendous value for the $, great location, excellent english speaking skills, and a great desire to help. thank you to everyone who works there.

I stayed in a single room (yeah I missed the capsule experience) but it's by far the best hostel I've been to since I started to travel around Asia. The staff helps a lot and even provide a small map with useful spots for breakfast, convenience store and bus stop. I would definitely recommend it and go back on my next visit to Kyoto.

• 24th Jan 2014