Capsule Ryokan Kyoto Reviews

204 Tshuchihashicho, Shimogyo-Ku, Kyoto, Kyoto, Japan

This was one of the best hostel experience ever. We got a really nice, super clean room with nice fresh sheets, good AC, and a spaceship-like shower. The owners thought about everything a backpacker may need, so in our room we had a set of informations about the neighborhood, the up-to-date list of tourist attractions in Kyoto, including opening times and ticket prices, a kettle, a hairdryer, and everything we needed. They provide free kimono to try on! This saved us a lot of money : )

What an amazing staff! They're always there to help you.The rooms are really great, always clean and comfy. Close to the station and with a good atmosphere.

I intended to stay for two nights but stayed for four as I liked it so much. Every aspect of my double room was well thought out with all mod cons. They also had complimentary toothbrush etc for guests. The staff were just lovely and incredibly helpful with every thing. I would definitely stay here again and would highly recommend it to others.

• 1st Jul 2015

Lovely place, highly recommend! Very clean and nice. Shower was a pleasure to come home to every day. Room had everything you need and was bigger than we expected (we stayed in a double private room)! Location is excellent, 5 min walk to Kyoto station and a 25-30 min walk to downtown Kyoto (if you have to walk home after the buses close at night). Staff spoke perfect English and were very helpful. Loved my stay here, thank you!!!

This place was the best in every aspect. It was way beyond any expectations and was wonderful. I recommend this hostel to everyone. I have stayed in Japan 5 times for a month each traveling to different cities every 3 days, and this hostel is the best one I have stayed at. (By far) anyone who reads this-stay at this hostel! 😉

• 21st Jun 2015

We had a great time at this hostel. The only reason why we didn't give facilities an excellent is because there was no cooker.