Casa Oshun Bed and Breakfast Reviews

Diagonal 27 between 72 and 70A st, La Uruca Urbanizacion El Jardín, San Jose, Costa Rica

We lived staying here. It was simple and well kept. Breakfast was so delicious and Manuel was so kind and helpful. I would definitely stay again. Perfect if your looking for a quiet place to rest and relax.

• 12th Apr 2014

The hostel is more than good location to stay in San Jose. The owner himself takes care about the visitors and is one of the most friendly guy i ever met in Costa Rica. The room, bathroom and the eating area are very clean and friendly. Everywhere is WiFi. Breakfast is good and comes with fresh fruit and self-made fresh juice. Down town and the airport is easy and cheap to reach with the bus (one way 600 colons). Cap is often expansive, if you don't talk english.

• 30th Mar 2014

My boyfriend and me stayed at the Casa Oshun for two nights. The host, Manuel, is one of the friendliest and most helpful hosts I`ve ever met. He was always in a good mood and helped me a lot after the airline had lost my suitcase. The delicious breakfast (fresh fruits, omelet, bread, rice and beans, juice, coffee) was served on a beautiful terrace. Our room was nice and clean and we felt really safe and welcomed from the moment we arrived. We can absolutely recommend this place!!!

• 11th Mar 2014

If you're looking to party or stay up late at the hostel, don't stay here. Manuel closes everything at 11pm. You can't stay out in the back late. The pool doesn't work. The room is clean and breakfast was good. This is just a place to stay if you want to be near the airport the night before your flight.

• 27th Feb 2014

Thank you Manuel, you were really excellent!

The owner Manuel was very helpful and friendly. He was very accommodating to our schedule and helped us get to know San Jose transport and taxi fees, etc...Gracias Manuel!

Manuel was a lovely host, very helpful and the location is in between San Jose and the Airport with easy access to regular buses.

Owner was amazing, gave us a lot of tips about what to do in San José, transportation, etc. Breakfast is very good, and in generous portion.

Manuel is a perfect host! Thank you!

• 1st Jan 2014

Very friendly owner!

• 25th Dec 2013

My stay at Casa Oshun was really good. Very friendly home like atmosphere. I have saved good amount of money as the owner gave me lots of useful advices about how to move around the town while using public transportation instead of taxis. He also gave me plenty of travelling tips about interesting places in Costa Rica and how to get there by bus. It was pleasure to stay at Casa Oshun...I can highly recommand!

It's a little out of the way, hard to find, but clean and expensive. The owner is the only one there, the pool was not working, breakfast was good.

• 4th Dec 2013