Central Palma Youth Hostel Reviews

Plaza Cuadrado, 2, Palma de Mallorca, Spain

Sadly, this has been the worst hostel I have visited from the point of view of noise: people drank and shout all night long (I can't understand why they don't go out to do that as me), staff didn't mind about noise, not A/C, just 1 shower per floor, no lockers...

There have been many negative things were written so that I was mentally prepared. Yet, I was surprised because even Wi-Fi was not working for days, and staff pretended everything was fine. There is inexpensive, better-equipped, and welcomed place in the beach area. If this hostel really wants to improve (I did not see much of "willingness", though), maybe they can start putting at least a fan in a room, fix Wi-Fi, take care of the toilet every so often, which exists only one in each floor.

Too little bathrooms for so many people. No AC and too little windows to deliver air to rooms with more than 2 people. They charge extra for keeping Your laguage for a few hours and they charge extra for the electronic key. There was no TP in the bathrooms....

we booked a female dorm with 4 people. finally we ended up in a mixed 21 bed room for the same price. the fact, that the guy at the reception was very unfriendly and slow leads to this bad rating. he let us sleep directly next to the door even if there were a lot of other beds available, he was loud and aggressive. and there was no possibility to close the door, so it was loud and bright during the night. i was in a lot of hostels before, and i've never been treated like here.

• 4th Jul 2014
  • Switzerland

After discovering bed bugs I had to leave and ask for my money back. Even though they offered me another clean bed i decided not to stay. They returned my money and apologised.

• 30th Jun 2014

There was always no one in the reception. We waited when we checked in, wanted to ask questions and when we checked out. It was a little frustrausting. The male shower room had no curtains. Didn't know what to do when I bathed. Room wifi unstable. Other facilities were quite good. It is good to have a washing machine. 15-20 minutes to bus station. 15-20 minutes to the waterfront.

Very helpful staff and I felt safe there as a female traveling alone.

• 27th Jun 2014

Very bad Internet connection and I don't remember from the ads, but breakfast is not included, you should pay for it every morning

The atmophere and the team is really good, but only one shower for the all floor, the kitchen can't be used and the breakfast is not included, so 25euros per night is a little bit too much.

Only one bathroom for the whole floor, constant lines to take a shower. There is no kitchen that can be used. it is definitely not value for money.

• 13th Jun 2014
  • Poland

Asked for an female dorm, ended up in a mixed one, because the hostel was 'fully booked'. It clearly was not, and the staff lied to my face. Cold shower in the morning didn't help to improve my overall impression.

Do not stay here. Staff unfriendly, unhelpful and clueless. No privacy in the showers and poor water flow, was also used to store garbage. Rooms were ok but noisy and overpriced.

• 17th May 2014