Choice Plaza Hostel Reviews

10 Wellesley St East, Auckland, New Zealand

Great staff as always and such an excellent location!

helpful staff, good location

+ could check-in upon arrival (ca. 10 am!), + big windows + fully equiped kitchen + f irendly staff - no lockers (altough there was the opportunity to leave your valuables at reception) - shared bathrooms with only 2 showers and 4 toilets on one floor - very old fashioned facilities with mildew

The kitchen has no windows and is tiny- so it's boiling. It is definitely not big enough for the entire hostel to use either. The bathrooms were also disgusting- couldn't wait to get out of them. The taps were all falling off and the shower was luke warm. We only booked here for one night's sleep so it's okay if you're really looking to budget and don't mind putting up with somewhere a bit grimy for the night.

Awesome location! I believe it's the cheapest hostel in town if you choose the 10-share. Matrasses are very poor quality though.

Without a doubt the worth hostel I have ever stayed in. The hostel has a good location and friendly staff. There were NO other positives to my stay. The rooms smell, its a very old, very poorly maintained building. I am disappionted that Hotesl World even displays this hostel as an option to travellers. Its pretty bad and I have travelled all over the world staying in many hostels.

very nice stay, really ennjoyed living there for 3 months... didn't want to move anywhere else. the staf is awesome and funny, and understands what you are looking for during your stay all of it within the rulles of common sense. safe, clean ( better than my room back home), the kitchen is very small and getting poor in equipments but still allright.

Very nice and helpful staff and good environment. Excellent location also.

Warm and friendly, made me feel relaxed :)

Host was very good. Catered to our needs. This is a good, value for money hostel, and our stay was enjoyable. The only suggestion I can make is that one the showers have a full curtain or block out as you could see right into the shower room (even though we were a few levels above street level).

• 22nd Mar 2013
  • New Zealand

Absolutely horrible place. We booked a double room.We were checked in to a dirty room, the bed looked like someone have just slept in it and the bin was full. When we reported this to reception the bed was made but bedding was not changed. For late check out they charge $20 but the cleaner would block the bathroom between 9:30 and 10:00.

I have already contacted the hostel noting difficulty with room locks and lift knobs and musty room. I checked in. . I did experience helpful staff. But the above problems made me very anxious as I needed easy access to bathroom and reliability of getting back into room at night on 10th floor. . So I found another place to stay, got the hostel's security deposit back ($20), and did not ask for any refund because I probably wasn't eligible to do this. I would not stay there again.

Smokers and avid drinkers were congregated at the entrance to this hi-rise hostel and you had virtually force your way through to enter. Staff was not anxious to please and embrace the visitors as it was in other Hostels in NZ. The complaint about the co-ed washroom needing to be cleaned was met by an invalid argument of the front desk. The bathroom was full of hair and the toilet paper holder torn out of the wall. The single room was tiny with a chair with a ripped padding. Run down hostel!

The dorm floors had fun murals on the walls, but the floor with private rooms was barren and falling apart. I booked a single specifically so I could get lots of sleep, but the thin walls ensured I heard everything from the rooms next to me. The bed was soft and thin, and the room was dirty. The lobby stinks of smoke and is full of shady older men. The whole feel was of a sketchy boarding house rather than a hostel for travelers.

Choice Plaza is a very friendly hostel, the staff is great, closed to everything and the room are cheap.

had a nice time in Auckland, the hostel is in a good location.

Problem with making tea or coffee - no mugs in the common kitchen.

The atmosphere in the hostel was cool, there were lots of people around to have a chat and the staff was also nice and friendly. However, the kitchen could often have been a bit tidier and the washing machine should have been checked up more often, since it once broke down and I lost some money because I didn't notice.

• 8th Jul 2012
  • Austria

No wifi. Small rooms. Else, was ok.

The $19/night charge is a clear sign of what you're in for...not much. The kitchen and bathrooms are disgusting. The only upside to this place is the location...it's right in the middle of the city centre, allowing you to go anywhere.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5