City Backpackers Singapore Reviews

18 HongKong Street, Singapore, Singapore

Highly recommended.

• 2nd Aug 2014
  • Malaysia

Not a place to stay if you come at night at time because you wouldn't be able to check in as the hostel doesn't allow any check in before 2 pm. Luckily, I could ask for an exception from the reception and she eventually let me in at around 11 pm, however I got to check out before 12 am at noon which I think doesn't worth it for 30 bucks.

• 18th Jul 2014
  • Indonesia

Found the staff member who checked us in very unhelpful and quite rude. Did not seem interested in doing her job, preferring to browse Facebook and ignore us. The staff also moved another guest's belongings to accommodate us on our arrival (without ours or his knowledge). Later the guy came looking for his things. The dorm room was fine, nothing special. The showers smelled like urine slightly but were ok other than that. Not a great hostel, but you get what you pay for.

Very nice well located hostel..

• 20th Jun 2014

Good price-performance ration. Very friendly staff and clean accommodation in an excellent location within the city center. But the internet connection didn't work so well, sometimes not at all. It could be excellent - if fixed.

• 9th May 2014

Toilets and bathroom is dirty even smell. i have saw the staff change the bed sheets while eating curry puff !

the air-con doesn't work, the corridor smells badly...

• 28th Mar 2014
  • China

We are very satisfied staying in city backpackers inn with clean room, hospitable staff and nice and cheaper rate of their room. We recognized the staff and the owner of the hostel because they are our kababayan.

• 21st Mar 2014
  • Philippines

This is a basic hostel located in the city center, close to nightclubs, restaurant and bars. The rooms are small but clean. The staff is not very friendly, but for me, the location makes up for that.

very nice to stay at this hotel. the hotel is very close to a hearing where tourism. I would definitely stay at this place again for my next visit. Cleanliness is very awake. and which provide facilities to function properly.