City Hostel - Central Station Reviews

Fleminggatan 19, Stockholm, Sweden

I stayed here for few nights and had an average experience. The main reason is that there was no real "hostel" atmosphere, it was rather "cold". The facility is located completely underground (even the kitchen) what I found really strange. Despite aircon it became really smelly in the dorm room. However everything was really clean which is a huge plus! There is no real common area where are travelers would meet and the rules are quite strict (e.g. absolutely no alcohol).

the office opening hours close quite early, but the hostel was really helpful via email to sort out arriving late. No problems - and I had really nice room-mates so I really enjoyed my stay here :)

Nice to hear you enjoyed the time and made some new friends :-) Hostel manager

Very clean hostel with a big kitchen! Super comfy beds. Perfect stay.

• 23rd Aug 2015

Nice Hostel but actually its atmosphere (design, color of the rooms) does not make you confortable. People were not talking each other because of it I would say...

Thanks for the high score anyway! :-) Hostel manager

If you arrive late, no body will be at the front desk to help you out with some quick questions. Getting to the hostel with the instructions before your arrival is clear but some help is always good, mostly when you are short in time

Thanks for leaving a comment. Kind regards, Hostel manager

We had a room without a window and we didn't know it in advance. I mean that fact wasn't in the room description. But we stayed just for one night so it was o.k.

Receptionist Sara was so awesome. She was very knowledgable and gave us many good ideas. Also she was funny and put up with me and my friends stupid humor. Ellin was also great. I would highly recommend this hostel to anyone

• 15th Aug 2015

Cheers for you feedback guys! Glad you enjoyed our staff as the staff enjoyed your "stupid humor" ;-) Hostel manager

the hostel was very clean, had free wifi which actually worked, free lockers toiletries food and a hairdryer!!! i think all the 'rules' make people think they can't have fun and therefore seemed like a very unsocial quiet hostel, but a few of us started talking and had a lot of fun we had a few drinks in the hostel even though the 'rules' say you can't but we tidied up before we went out so didn't seem to have any problems

Thanks for the informative feedback. We did see in the cameras about that but we didn't think it was necessary to make a fuss about it ;-) Hostel manager

We stayed there for 2 nights in a private room. The facilities were really clean, but unfortunately we didn't have a window in the room. The location is central, close to the central station, easy accessible from the airport bus station. It was a nice atmosphere.

Atmosphere could use a bit of work. Swedes are super nice but you need to make sure you ask for information! They won't provide it unless you ask! Good, clean hostel.... But the place is not a party friendly hostel, and we had to find information about what to do at night mostly from other travellers and from people we met on the street.

The rooms were on the smaller size, but that wasn't much of a problem. The beds were really squeaky. The kitchen was really nice to use to save money in Stockholm. The showers and the bathrooms were really nice as well. It is about a 10-15 minute walk to the Old Town and a 5-10 minute walk to the central station. There's not much around the hostel, but there is a grocery store which was very convenient.

Cheers for leaving some feedback. We have fixed the beds that were squeaky so hopefully that shouldn't be a problem from now on. :-) Hostel manager

A friendly place and the staff were very helpful.

Thanks for the rating! Hostel manager

Extra cost for sheets and towels

Thanks for rating us. Hostel manager

Was a great hostel. Has everything you need. The beds do make a bit of noise when you move around but other than that no complaints at all. It's a good place to stay for a few nights. Oh I didn't like that I had to pay extra for sheets. I've never had to pay for sheets at any hostel I've ever stayed at.

Thanks for the high rate! :-) Hostel manager

The staff, the location, the atmosphere were so good here! Lot's of opportunity to meet fellow travelers in the community kitchen and resting nooks. If you are on a budget and want to be close to all the action this is the place! They even have a free food fridge if you are on a really tight budget!

Thanks for giving us the top rates! Hostel manager

It was a good experience staying at this location, it was clean (when I arrived the men's restroom was disgusting, but they cleaned up next day) , location was good, close to the bus station, supermarket... Front desk girl was awesome, she knows the city well, she has a wonderful voice and accent. Bad point is: the kitchen and the lounge area are too small.

Thanks for leaving your thought about us here. The showers gets cleaned multiplied times per day so it's very unfortunate you had to see it in bad condition. We'll try to check more often. Hostel manager

The location was great. The hostel is located on a main local street, so there are a lot of restaurants, shops, and supermarkets nearby, which is a great advantage. The subway station is also really close by, which makes it incredibly easy to get around and explore the city. The staff members are really nice and really helpful! In general, the hostel is really clean. The kitchen tablecloth could be a cleaner, though. I really liked the music in the bathroom and showers. I really enjoyed my stay!

Appreciate the comments! Hostel manager

Nice hostel, less than 10mins from bus/train station. Good kitchen facilities with supermarket less than 2 mins. Clean comfy room. Only downside is the showers, have to go through kitchen to them and nowhere to put your stuff or gwt changed. Very strict rules in hostel but would stay there again.

Greatly appreciate the feedback! :-) Hostel manager

I love this hostel, it was my best choice so far!! Really good :)

• 29th Jul 2015
  • Portugal

TACK! Hostel manager

This was my first ever hostel and it set the bar high. Great location, easy to find, clean, atmospheric, and fantastic value for money. You have to hire sheets and it's worth bringing your own padlock. Overall, a great find. Would stay again.

Glad to be your first hostel and rated nice! Hostel manager

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6