City Hostel - Central Station Reviews

Fleminggatan 19, Stockholm, Sweden

Pros: Great location and Great Staff Cons: I am not sure if this is a hostel or an old age home. Sorry to be so harsh, but I had a 70 year old man in one room, which I changed due to a deadly bad drainage smell and the next room had about 50-55 year old man and they both seem to be a long term resident there. No real atmosphere for socialising unless you are with your own group.

Friendly & helpful staff, great security and facilities, definately worth the money if you're staying in Stockholm for a night!

• 13th Dec 2014
  • Sweden

Great location, helpful staff, nice and clean facilities. A bit hard to spot from the street, but shouldn't be a big deal if you've got the right directions. Only wish people would mingle more, but that's not easy to influence.

Cheers for writing some feedback for us. We are working on getting a bigger sign outside, we know if is a bit tricky to see us :-) Kind regards, Hostel manager

Lovely quit warm and clean hostel. I cant fault it. I have a one bed private room and it was great value for money.

• 11th Dec 2014

We are happy you liked the stay :-) Regards, Hostel manager

A good place if you come from the airport in the night (very close to T-Centralen ) a little bit less if you want to spend your time walking around the old town or even worse hanging out in Södermalm. Apart from this, the hostel is clean, with excellent rooms and facilities and the stuff is helpful and cordial. A good place where to spend a couple of nights in Stockholm!

It worked perfectly for me. The staff are very friendly and thoughtful! It will be my go to hostel in Stockholm.

• 5th Dec 2014
  • Kenya

Directions need a little updating, I would suggest adding the name of the road to cross the bridge. overall the hostel was great. Stayed in a private double room, had everything we needed. bathrooms always had nice hot water and very clean. Good kitchen.

Cheers for the feedback on direction! We'll look into that :-) Best regards, Hostel manager

The room needs more ventilation

• 28th Nov 2014
  • Sweden

Cheers for the feedback. Kind regards, Hostel manager

Wonderfully located and clean hostel with great facilities and warm, welcoming staff.

Thank you for the positive feedback! Regards, Hostel manager

Friendly staff, nice and clean facielities, good location and confortable beds. I reccomend it.

How nice to hear! Best regards, Hostel manager

I stayed in a mixed 6-bed dorm and except of the snorrwing lumberjack in the bed next to me there was really nothing to complain about :) I would recommend it!!!

• 13th Nov 2014

That's the thing with dormitories, they come with snoring people sometimes! ;-) Glad you like us anyhow :-) Regards, Hostel Manager

I liked my stay very much. There was everything what one can need there, the atmosphere was great, and was nice and clean there. But there were a few disappointing things: 1) the kitchen was sometimes really dirty, but this is rather the problem of filthiness of the inhabitants; 2) we had to pay for the bed sheets; 3) there is lack of a window in a room. There was a small one in the ceiling, but it was useless and it let the light from the street in, which was disturbing at night.

• 13th Nov 2014
  • Ukraine

Cheers for the feedback! :-) To answer your three disappointments: 1, We in the staff do what we can to keep the kitchen clean, but since we are not here night for example it can get messy from guest that don't clean. :-( 2, This is an extra cost in maaaaany hostels in Stockholm I'm afraid, but we post it on the website. 3, We are in a basement so we don't have windows you can open. You can put down the blinds though to avoid the light from the street! :-)

A nice big hostel just a few blocks from the central rail station. Quite a hike from the ferry ports though! Had a nice big kitchen and decent wifi. Had to pay for sheets which is annoying and make and dismantle our beds. Decent value for money overall.

Thank you for dropping some lines. The ferry port is quite far off yes, but one of them (Frihamnen/Värtahamnen) has a local bus going straight from there to us! In basically all hostels in Stockholm you need to rent sheets. I know it can be annoying, but it is posted on the webpage about it. Welcome back anytime! :-) Regards, Hostel Manager

Nice place, not really party central but fairly chilled and not overly expensive

This is a good and Clean hostel. Girls at reception were helpful. Reception is not 24 hours. Wifi is free and fast. Beds are made of metal and can be squeaky. all else was top of the lot.

Hello Thank your for taking time to leave a review. Regards Hostel manager

It has everything you need, with an extremely well stocked and supplied kitchen. The staff was extremely helpful and quick to respond when we were arriving after their check in hours. The entire hostal is very clean (room, common areas and wash rooms) and the location is close to the Central Station and nearby busses/metro.

• 7th Nov 2014

Hi former guests! Cheers for writing some lines about us! :-) Regards, Hostel Manager

Linen and towel not included in price. Poor English section of book exchange. Staff was friendly, hostel was clean.

Thank you for giving us your opinions. The linen and towels rarely are included in the price in the hostels in Stockholm. We do announce that on the website, but maybe it you didn't see it or we need to show it better. Peace, Hostel Manager

Very nice clean hostel but no real atmosphere. Very helpful girl on the desk who gave me a full itinerary of thing a to do and see whilst in Stockholm.

Cheers for the feedback from you! Glad you seemed to enjoy it :-) Regards, Hostel manager

The hostel isgreat, rooms are tidy and the staff are helpful.

• 1st Nov 2014
  • Hong Kong

We appreciate the feedback, thank you! Kind regards, Hostel manager

Girl working the reception was very friendly and accommodating. Interesting layout (subterranean), very clean, roomy and well situated. Highly recommendable.

Thank you for the feedback and also for recommending us! :-) Regards, Hostel Manager

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6