City Hostel - Central Station Reviews

Fleminggatan 19, Stockholm, Sweden

From the perspective of a 28 year old guy looking for some fun, this hostel was mediocre. Yes, it was clean, safe and friendly. If all you are looking for a is suitable place to stay, this place is great but I was looking for some fun and there is nothing social about this hostel. The location is about a 30 walk until you start seeing anything interesting. I would have rather stayed closer to old town which is more alive. For me, this was too expensive for simply a bed and shower.

• 23rd May 2015

This hostel has a great location near the train station. It takes a little longer to get to the further parts of the city, like Södermalm, but it was worth it for the convenience of getting back to the train station early in the morning on the day I left! My bed was very comfortable and the music that plays in the shower is an added bonus!

• 23rd May 2015
  • samlarsen

Sara, one of the lovely front desk ladies, was so nice and helpful! She helped suggest fun activities, was extremely accommodating in any way we needed, and was a welcomewelcoming friendly face for us tourists.

• 21st May 2015

It's a great hostel. The staff are very knowledable and willing to aid you with any endeavour. Rooms were clean and bed comfortable. The showers and washrooms were also in great shape. Nice music playing all the time in the washrooms. Except once I heard an old school Brittany Spears song, that just made me feel old. The WiFi is also fast and reception throughout the hostel. Overall it was a great stay. However, I would caution that this is not a backpackers hostel. Very quiet and dull

• 18th May 2015

Overall I had a great stay at City Hostel. It was perfectly located near the bus station and easily exsesable by foot to all the main attrations. An added bonus was the music in the bathroom and shower room.

• 14th May 2015

Thank you for leaving a note. Glad you like the music :) Regards Hostel manager

It was average.

Excellent stay. The staff and other guests were very friendly and helpful. Communal bathrooms were not a problem but could be for some who like more privacy. Lack of a window in the room was the only negative thing about staying there. One warning: dont rely on the picture/ photograph on the Hostelworld web site. The location is 400 metres from the Stockholm central station on th left side of the road opposite a bank with a security door entry between a 7/11 Shop and a florist and is undergro

• 12th May 2015

Thank you for leaving a note. Hope it helps future guests to find our place better with your directions :) Regards Hostel manager

This was my first experience staying in a hostel and it just wasn't what I had imagined. What threw me off the most was the guest population was a much older crowd than I expected. I stayed in a mixed 8 bed room and a few of the people in there were older men. I wasn't very comfortable being in the room because of this.

I was very pleased with my stay at City Hostel, Stockholm. I thought i would miss a window, but it did not happen. The staff was very helpful and nice. I will definitely chose this hostel at my next visit to Stockholm.

• 8th May 2015
  • Sweden

Thank you for leaving a note. Welcome back anytime. Regards Hostel manager

It was a cheap and nice decent stay in Stockholm. Staff was really eager to help, and hostel was clean and cosy.

Thanks for the feedback! Regards, Hostel manager

Check-in went smoothly. My private room was perfect for me, the floor was a little bit sticky. Bed was very comfortable. Sleeping in the basement without windows is something you need to getting used to, but its okay. Receptionist was very very friendly and greatly helpful. Very international guests, from old to young, but nearly no hostel-atmosphere. Strong camera surveillance makes you feel save – but also a little bit observed. Overall I can recommend it.

• 5th May 2015

Thank you for leaving your opinions :-) Regards, Hostel manager

Great place if you are looking for a clean, friendly hostel in a great location in the city. A quick walk from Central Station and not too far from Gamla Stan or Sodermalm. Perhaps a bit expensive, but everything in Sweden is.

Thank you for leaving a comment and thanks for the high score :) Regards Hostel manager

Having no daylight in our room, and very limited daylight in the kitchen can become a bit claustrophobic. I missed the possibility to get some fresh air into my room.

• 2nd May 2015

It's a bit stupid that you have to pay for your sheets in a hostel (around 50 kronor). If you cater to a subsection of travellers who are specifically 'travelling light', you can hardly expect them to carry their own set of sheets. And the money-grabbing nature of it is further shown by the fact that they don't let you just use a sleeping bag. It's clearly an attempt to charge more than they show on the site. Also, it's in a dingy basement with no windows, I imagine it's like hell in summer.

Thank you for the feedback. It is written on all our booking sites about the sheets not being included. The sleeping bags are not allowed due to the huge problem in the world with bed bugs that are many times traveling in those. We don't want to risk to have them here that's why we are so strict with that, as many other hostels in Stockholm. We want the best for our guests and the hostel. Hope this information help future guests :-) Kind regards, Hostel manager

Hostel has a hotel feeling to it. Extremely clean, and the staff is very nice/effective, but if you want to meet a tonne of new travellers, city backpacker is better

Thanks for giving your thoughts of the stay in here and in Stockholm. :-) Best regards, Hostel manager

Stayed for two nights when visiting Kungsholmen for a job interview. Cleanest hostel I've stayed at. Helpful staff. Not very hostel kind of feeling to the place though, perhaps because it was simply too neat or maybe since I was not on vacation as well as being in my home country.

Thank you for taking time to leave a note. Welcome back anytime. Regards Hostel manager

Out of all the hostels I have stayed in, this is by far the nicest with the most friendliest of staff. Everything about the hostel was perfect, I had no complaints.

Thank you for that nice review :) Regards Manager

The room would have been perfect if there was one more chair to sit on as we had booked a bunk bed and couldn't sit on the lower bed. Also, a few hooks would have been nice.

• 9th Apr 2015
  • Sweden

Thank you for leaving a comment. An extra chair could have been fixed if you had come to the reception and asked for one :) Regards Hostel Manager

The hostel is located about 10 minutes from the central station (by walk!), really safe, new, clean and so nice! Nice kitchen, nice showers, nice rooms and really friendly and helpful staff! The only bad thing for me was that I had to pay 5€ extra for bedlinen and sheets. The rest was really fine and I enjoyed my stay a lot!

Cheers for taking time to rate us! Hostel manager

Prett good spot! Rooms were clean, showers were nice, doing laundry was easy. Great visitors guidebook in the kitchen. Cool world map of where guests have come from. The beds are loud! Hope you can sleep through the sound of creaking metal bunks. Other than that, quite a nice spot. Very friendly (and good looking) staff. Pretty okay location to; easy to get to Kungsgatan and other big streets. Room keys were easy to use.

Thank you for writing some helpful information for future guests :-) Hostel manager

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4