City Hostel - Central Station Reviews

Fleminggatan 19, Stockholm, Sweden

Great location, clean, comfy and friendly staff.

• 25th Jun 2015

Beds could be "less noisy"

• 20th Jun 2015

Thank you for the feedback Hostel manager

There are better hostels in Stockholm, such as City Backpackers Hostel

Thanks for taking time to send a review. :-) Hostel Manager

Good location and clean. The beds are noisy and uncomfortable. There is not really a hostel vibe...

Thank you for taking your time to write and sorry to hear you were not totally satisfied. Hostel Manager

Great clean room and really friendly staff. Excellent value for such a central location.

• 17th Jun 2015
  • popscicle1001

Thank you for taking time to leave a comment. Welcome back anytime. Regards Hostel manager

My friend and I (late 20's) had an excellent stay in a 6-bedroom female dorm. The facilities were clean, everything was so well organized, and the room was comfortable with plugs and lights for each bed. The rooms contained lockers and the bedroom door and front door of the hostel also required key entry -I felt very safe! There was a subway stop right around the corner for easy travel to other areas of Stockholm. The area itself had quite a few restaurants, a grocery store 2min walk away.

• 15th Jun 2015

Thanks for leaving some helpful info for other guests! Hostel manager

It's a very new hostel next to the main train station. It's built in the basement and the dorms don't have windows to the outside. But that's the only thing I can critisize (ok, maybe also the mattresses are too soft, but that's a matter of taste). It's maybe the cleanest hostel I've ever been to! The kitchen is perfectly appointed, the staff is very friendly and helpful and the price is more than fair for Stockholm!

• 15th Jun 2015

Thank you for writing :-) Hostel Manager

Very safe hostel with secure locks to get in/out of rooms. Bathrooms and kitchen were clean. Beds were very comfortable. Staff was very knowledgable about things to do in the area. A little difficult to find based on the directions online, but close to the train station once you figure out you need to cross the street, and go over the bridge to get to the hostel. Great stay! Will definitely stay here again sometime.

• 14th Jun 2015

Close to everything , security very safe, the staff friendly

Thank you for leaving a comment and the high rates :) Regards Hostel manager

Lovely hostel! Great location, friendly staff, and it is very clean. I recommend it!!

• 13th Jun 2015

Cheers and welcome back! Hotel Manager

Maybe a closet in kitchen for dry food would be handy

Thanx for the tips and the top rating you gave us! Hostel Manager

Great hostel. Staff very helpful and friendly. Great location. Very close to central station. Walk. Dont get ripped off by a taxi like I did

• 10th Jun 2015

Thanks for the high rating! Sorry to here about the taxi! :-( Hostel Manager

A bit expensive but definitely a great experience. Super clean rooms and bathrooms and excellent staff! Would stay here again if I go back to stockholm. About a 10 min walk to the central train station. Good wifi.

We appreciate that you are taking the time to write. Cheers! Hostel manager

This was my second time staying at this hostel and it was great. It's right by central station, and the hostel is very clean and comfortable. The beds are a bit squeaky but comfortable, and you have to bring your own bedding and towels (which is a general rule in Sweden). The washrooms and showers are clean, and we made use of the kitchen and living room area by making dinner. The common area is nice and it was easy to say hi and to meet other travellers. Would recommend!

Thnak you for the informative feedback of your experience here :-) Hostel manager

The place overall is nice, however it is lacking in atmosphere, the reception is only open office hours and the beds are incredibly squeaky so when someone moves it wakes everyone in the room up. Apart from these issues the hostel was great!

Thank you for taking time to write. Kind regards Hostel manager

The staff here really where amazing! My boyfriend got sick on our first day in Stockholm and badly needed a doctor. The girl at the front desk helped us so much we are very great fun! The rooms where clean and comfortable! The hostel was quite not like other hostels so you could actually get a good nights rest! The bathrooms where clean, the only thing I think would be good is a hook in the shower to hang some stuff. We would totally come back there on our next trip to Stockholm! Thanks again!

Thank you for the feedback. We try to take care of our guests the best way we can, it's our pleassure to help. And we are glad he got better :-) We'll check out the request about more hooks! Hostel manager

Good hostel, lovely staff, and great kitchen facilities. My husband was unwell and they let us check in early which was very kind :) the only thing we didn't like is the large school groups that stayed during our stay. They were quite loud and took up the kitchen space. Overall though I would recommend this hostel

• 29th May 2015

Thanks for leaving some comments about your stay :-) Hostel manager

I do wonder why there is no one there on duty at night. Perhaps that is standard in hostels, I am still new to traveling that way. It would be helpful to have a night staff person so that there's someone enforcing the rules. Night time is the most important for the rest of the travelers. There are going to be understandable disruptions when you're sharing a dorm but when people are screaming in the halls, there should be someone to stop it. Otherwise, wonderful stay. Comfortable, made friends.

• 25th May 2015

Thank you for the feedback. Some hostels have night staff as well and some has what we have; a nightguard reachable by a number you can call outside of the reception hours in case you need to get in contact with someone. The nightguard will send someone to the hostel if nessesary. It rarly happens but we want our guests to know they can use that service if they need. Thnaks for the great rating btw :-) Hostel manager

From the perspective of a 28 year old guy looking for some fun, this hostel was mediocre. Yes, it was clean, safe and friendly. If all you are looking for a is suitable place to stay, this place is great but I was looking for some fun and there is nothing social about this hostel. The location is about a 30 walk until you start seeing anything interesting. I would have rather stayed closer to old town which is more alive. For me, this was too expensive for simply a bed and shower.

Thank you for giving your perspective on the stay. We are not the typical party hostel, and maybe old town or Södermalm area is more your preference. We do have many guest who like our location and come back to us just due to that, but not everybody can feel the same. :-) Kind regards Hostel manager

This hostel has a great location near the train station. It takes a little longer to get to the further parts of the city, like Södermalm, but it was worth it for the convenience of getting back to the train station early in the morning on the day I left! My bed was very comfortable and the music that plays in the shower is an added bonus!

Thank you! Hostel manager