City Hostel - Central Station Reviews

Fleminggatan 19, Stockholm, Sweden

Overall I had a great stay at City Hostel. It was perfectly located near the bus station and easily exsesable by foot to all the main attrations. An added bonus was the music in the bathroom and shower room.

• 14th May 2015

Excellent stay. The staff and other guests were very friendly and helpful. Communal bathrooms were not a problem but could be for some who like more privacy. Lack of a window in the room was the only negative thing about staying there. One warning: dont rely on the picture/ photograph on the Hostelworld web site. The location is 400 metres from the Stockholm central station on th left side of the road opposite a bank with a security door entry between a 7/11 Shop and a florist and is undergro

• 12th May 2015

This was my first experience staying in a hostel and it just wasn't what I had imagined. What threw me off the most was the guest population was a much older crowd than I expected. I stayed in a mixed 8 bed room and a few of the people in there were older men. I wasn't very comfortable being in the room because of this.

• 11th May 2015

I was very pleased with my stay at City Hostel, Stockholm. I thought i would miss a window, but it did not happen. The staff was very helpful and nice. I will definitely chose this hostel at my next visit to Stockholm.

• 8th May 2015
  • Sweden

Thank you for leaving a note. Welcome back anytime. Regards Hostel manager

It was a cheap and nice decent stay in Stockholm. Staff was really eager to help, and hostel was clean and cosy.

Thanks for the feedback! Regards, Hostel manager

Check-in went smoothly. My private room was perfect for me, the floor was a little bit sticky. Bed was very comfortable. Sleeping in the basement without windows is something you need to getting used to, but its okay. Receptionist was very very friendly and greatly helpful. Very international guests, from old to young, but nearly no hostel-atmosphere. Strong camera surveillance makes you feel save – but also a little bit observed. Overall I can recommend it.

• 5th May 2015

Thank you for leaving your opinions :-) Regards, Hostel manager

Great place if you are looking for a clean, friendly hostel in a great location in the city. A quick walk from Central Station and not too far from Gamla Stan or Sodermalm. Perhaps a bit expensive, but everything in Sweden is.

Thank you for leaving a comment and thanks for the high score :) Regards Hostel manager

Having no daylight in our room, and very limited daylight in the kitchen can become a bit claustrophobic. I missed the possibility to get some fresh air into my room.

• 2nd May 2015

It's a bit stupid that you have to pay for your sheets in a hostel (around 50 kronor). If you cater to a subsection of travellers who are specifically 'travelling light', you can hardly expect them to carry their own set of sheets. And the money-grabbing nature of it is further shown by the fact that they don't let you just use a sleeping bag. It's clearly an attempt to charge more than they show on the site. Also, it's in a dingy basement with no windows, I imagine it's like hell in summer.

Thank you for the feedback. It is written on all our booking sites about the sheets not being included. The sleeping bags are not allowed due to the huge problem in the world with bed bugs that are many times traveling in those. We don't want to risk to have them here that's why we are so strict with that, as many other hostels in Stockholm. We want the best for our guests and the hostel. Hope this information help future guests :-) Kind regards, Hostel manager

Hostel has a hotel feeling to it. Extremely clean, and the staff is very nice/effective, but if you want to meet a tonne of new travellers, city backpacker is better

Thanks for giving your thoughts of the stay in here and in Stockholm. :-) Best regards, Hostel manager

Stayed for two nights when visiting Kungsholmen for a job interview. Cleanest hostel I've stayed at. Helpful staff. Not very hostel kind of feeling to the place though, perhaps because it was simply too neat or maybe since I was not on vacation as well as being in my home country.

Thank you for taking time to leave a note. Welcome back anytime. Regards Hostel manager

Out of all the hostels I have stayed in, this is by far the nicest with the most friendliest of staff. Everything about the hostel was perfect, I had no complaints.

Thank you for that nice review :) Regards Manager

The room would have been perfect if there was one more chair to sit on as we had booked a bunk bed and couldn't sit on the lower bed. Also, a few hooks would have been nice.

• 9th Apr 2015
  • Sweden

Thank you for leaving a comment. An extra chair could have been fixed if you had come to the reception and asked for one :) Regards Hostel Manager

The hostel is located about 10 minutes from the central station (by walk!), really safe, new, clean and so nice! Nice kitchen, nice showers, nice rooms and really friendly and helpful staff! The only bad thing for me was that I had to pay 5€ extra for bedlinen and sheets. The rest was really fine and I enjoyed my stay a lot!

Cheers for taking time to rate us! Hostel manager

Prett good spot! Rooms were clean, showers were nice, doing laundry was easy. Great visitors guidebook in the kitchen. Cool world map of where guests have come from. The beds are loud! Hope you can sleep through the sound of creaking metal bunks. Other than that, quite a nice spot. Very friendly (and good looking) staff. Pretty okay location to; easy to get to Kungsgatan and other big streets. Room keys were easy to use.

Thank you for writing some helpful information for future guests :-) Hostel manager

This is an absolutely superb hostel. On arrival we were welcomed by friendly and efficient staff. We had booked the twin, private room with shared bathroom. The room was clean and comfortable. Throughout the stay we didn't experience any noise from other guests at all, so I have to say also that the room was quiet and peaceful. The toilet and shower room facilities were among the cleanest I have seen at a hostel. All in all, a great place to stay for couples or solo travellers.

Thank you for that! :-) Regards, Hostel Manager

This was one of the better hostels I have stayed at! I loved that each bed had its own light and electric outlet (a luxury, as a lot of places do not have that). The beds were comfortable and everything was kept very clean! And I really liked the location - near the train station, near a T-bana stop and outside of the busy Gamla Stan (but close enough to walk there)!

Thank you for taking time and leaving comment :) Regards Hostel Manager

This hostel was great! It had the quality of a hotel and I had a nice stay there. Also the lockers and luggage storage was great. The fact that the locked luggage storage could only be accessed with an employee was great because the assistant then knew which piece of luggage was mine so that other people would not take it. I felt very safe with my belongings there.

Glad to hear you felt safe with storing your things with us. Thanks for rating us so high :-) Kind regards, Hostel manager

Nice with coffee and tea. Towel would have been nice in addition to sheets

• 27th Mar 2015
  • Finland

Thank you for leaving a comment. A towel can be rent in the reception :-) Regards, Hostel Manager

Good place to stay with spacious rooms. It was cold outside in Stockholm, but nice and cozy inside the hostel

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4