City Hostel - Central Station Reviews

Fleminggatan 19, Stockholm, Sweden

Really expensive for what it was, even by Stockholm standards. I was especially miffed to be told by email after booking that it would be an extra 65 SEK (£5ish) each for linen and a towel! If I had known, I would have just gone somewhere else... who travels with their own bedsheets? Additionally you can't use sleeping bags, the window didn't have a working blind and the noise from the street was clearly audible all night... don't worry though as they sell ear plugs at like a 1000% mark up...

• 20th Mar 2015

We are sorry to hear you experience was not what you might have wanted. The sheets not being included is posted on all our booking sites so it is very unfortunate you didn't see that. It is very common here in Stockholm to pay for that in the hostels, surely not in all, but most of them. We wish you would have told us when we met you the next day about these concerns so we could have done something. Earplugs are sold for 5 SEK. Kind regards, Hostel manager

Nice hostel, not in the center of the action but it is easy to walk and the metro is very close. there was a youth football team that took over the communal spaces the entire weekend and were quite rowdy throughout the day and evening, but that was just unfortunate timing for my stay. it would be nice if they had security at the front desk at night. great wifi and staff is very helpful with directions and questions about the city.

• 20th Mar 2015

One of the best hostels I have ever stayed at. The rooms and facilities were spotless, the wifi was great and the staff were friendly and helpful. I definitely recommend it for a short or a long stay.

Thank you! Hostel manager

Loved the stay. Thanks for everything!

Very pleasant, extremely satisfying. I would definitely recommend it.

• 9th Mar 2015

Thank you for leaving that cheerful comment! :-) Hostel manager

Highly recommend this hostel! It may not be a cheap option but if you are looking for awesome service, nice location and super tidy hostel this one is very very good!

• 7th Mar 2015
  • China

Thank you! :-) Hostel manager

The place seemed nice enough, I showed up late but they emailed me the pin to get in. The bathroom and showers looked awesome and the Internet worked great. At night there was no staff to speak of, and there was one guest staying there who was extremely drunk and was eyeing us down for a fight... Then tried to sleep with my friend, all the time while falling over drunk. It was very uncomfortable. I also ended up with some bites on my arm that got infected and I am now on antibiotics, which sucks

Glad you liked the facilities. Sorry to hear about the guest. We got some complains from other guests so he got kicked out, but we never heard about him bothering you in the room unfortunately. Next time let the staff know (call the nightguard if it is at night), even if it is the next day so they can act on it. About the bites, we've checked all rooms and especially yours, but can't find anything. Maybe it happened elsewhere? Cheers for the detailed feedback :-) Hostel manager

This place was very clean and efficient. Best was the lovely ladies who ran the place. They we're incredibly kind, extraordinary helpful, and very cool. Will def be back next time around in Stockholm.

• 4th Mar 2015

We are happy to read you review and appreciate the kind comments left :-) Hostel Manager

Overall very nice hostel. It's underground so there weren't any windows in my room which was unusual and resulted in poorish ventilation, but it wasn't too bothering. The room was comfortable, showers and kitchen clean. I'd definitely stay here again.

• 1st Mar 2015
  • Hungary

Tack for writing some lines about your stay. Basically all rooms except two has windows, but none are possible to open as we are in the basement just like you say. Let us know if this is a major problem next time you book so we can give you an option :-) Hostel manager

Amazing WiFi capabilities!

• 27th Feb 2015

Glad you noticed ;-) Hostel Manager

we spent 4 days. it was perfectly located (near central station). clean and well organized space : romms are isolated from the kichen. the beds were also very confortable.

• 20th Feb 2015
  • audreylafleur

Glad you liked it! :-) Regards Hostel manager

Very clean hostel with spacious and comfortable beds. If you do not bring your own sheets you will need to rent them. Some of the best wifi iv had access to. Very secure and quite place to end a long day. As advertised, not a party hostel. Rules are enforced so if you want a place to pre drink and meet people to club or bar hop with this is not the place to go. That said they do have good recommendations on where to go party. Overall good experience.

Thank you for taking time to leave a comment. About rental of sheets so is that quite common here in Stockholm at the hostels to rent them. Otherwise you can bring your own to save those 50 SEK to spend on other things :) Welcome back! Regards Hostel manager

I've stayed in lots of hostels and this was one of the best! It was such a high standard without being fussy/proud of itself. Loved the music and underfloor heating in the showers! Stayed in dormitory which was q crowded but comfortable and also private twin room which was as good as a hotel!

• 14th Feb 2015
  • Wales

What a positive feedback! Nice to hear :-) Best regards Hostel manager

The kitchen is a bit small. we have to wait every time.

Sorry to hear it felt crowded for you. Sometimes it seems like everybody is planning to be in the kitchen the same time and then it can feel a little tight, but most of the time I'd say there is a nice flow and it's too bad it didn't happen during your time here. Kind regards, Hostel manager

The hostel is quiet and the comun area is not very good. The kitchen is well equipped and the showers are very bad (with a timer that is way too fast). The staff is ok, but we didn't like that they didn't let us Take a shower when we arrived, a few hours before check in time, even after we told then we've been traveling for over 24 hours. They've claimed that the hostel was too busy, but for our hole stay we never took a shower with other people in the bathrooms.

For the most part, the hostel was well kept, and I had no trouble with staff or facilities. It was a bit of a quiet weekend, but the style of the hostel made it a bit harder to meet with people. Overall a good experience

Thank you for taking time to leave a comment. Regards Hostel manager

It is one of the most comfortables hostels i've ever been. They have strict ruls about the sheets, time schedule and food, so it is everything very organized and clean.

• Argentina

It was a very lovely experience staying with City Hostel, to the point that we took note of the other hostels in other cities that they have so that we can arrange another booking with them again if needed in other cities. Overall, really loved the atmosphere and the chance to interact with other people in the same hostel.

• Singapore

Happy to hear your experience here was so positive for you! It is always nice to hear our guests are enjoying themselves. :-) Regards, Hostel Manager

Fantastic facility! The staff was extremely helpful and friendly, the facilities were very clean, very easy-going atmosphere, and I felt very comfortable leaving my valuables there while I was away. It's a good location. Just outside of where everything is happening, but could use a larger sign at the entrance.

• 6th Feb 2015

Thank you for leaving a comment. About a bigger sign outside, we are working on that :) Regards Hostel manager

The kitchen was great, super clean very good staff and the location was perfect. I had really a nice stay there!

Thank you for leaving a comment. :-) Kind regards, Hostel manager