City Hostel - Central Station Reviews

Fleminggatan 19, Stockholm, Sweden

Out of all the hostels I have stayed in, this is by far the nicest with the most friendliest of staff. Everything about the hostel was perfect, I had no complaints.

Thank you for that nice review :) Regards Manager

The room would have been perfect if there was one more chair to sit on as we had booked a bunk bed and couldn't sit on the lower bed. Also, a few hooks would have been nice.

• 9th Apr 2015
  • Sweden

The hostel is located about 10 minutes from the central station (by walk!), really safe, new, clean and so nice! Nice kitchen, nice showers, nice rooms and really friendly and helpful staff! The only bad thing for me was that I had to pay 5€ extra for bedlinen and sheets. The rest was really fine and I enjoyed my stay a lot!

Cheers for taking time to rate us! Hostel manager

Prett good spot! Rooms were clean, showers were nice, doing laundry was easy. Great visitors guidebook in the kitchen. Cool world map of where guests have come from. The beds are loud! Hope you can sleep through the sound of creaking metal bunks. Other than that, quite a nice spot. Very friendly (and good looking) staff. Pretty okay location to; easy to get to Kungsgatan and other big streets. Room keys were easy to use.

Thank you for writing some helpful information for future guests :-) Hostel manager

This is an absolutely superb hostel. On arrival we were welcomed by friendly and efficient staff. We had booked the twin, private room with shared bathroom. The room was clean and comfortable. Throughout the stay we didn't experience any noise from other guests at all, so I have to say also that the room was quiet and peaceful. The toilet and shower room facilities were among the cleanest I have seen at a hostel. All in all, a great place to stay for couples or solo travellers.

Thank you for that! :-) Regards, Hostel Manager

This was one of the better hostels I have stayed at! I loved that each bed had its own light and electric outlet (a luxury, as a lot of places do not have that). The beds were comfortable and everything was kept very clean! And I really liked the location - near the train station, near a T-bana stop and outside of the busy Gamla Stan (but close enough to walk there)!

This hostel was great! It had the quality of a hotel and I had a nice stay there. Also the lockers and luggage storage was great. The fact that the locked luggage storage could only be accessed with an employee was great because the assistant then knew which piece of luggage was mine so that other people would not take it. I felt very safe with my belongings there.

Glad to hear you felt safe with storing your things with us. Thanks for rating us so high :-) Kind regards, Hostel manager

Nice with coffee and tea. Towel would have been nice in addition to sheets

• 27th Mar 2015
  • Finland

Thank you for leaving a comment. A towel can be rent in the reception :-) Regards, Hostel Manager

Sara was very nice! Extremely clean and in a good location.

• All Male Group, 25-30

Cheers for the feedback. Welcome back next time you're in town :-) Regards, Hostel Manager

Really expensive for what it was, even by Stockholm standards. I was especially miffed to be told by email after booking that it would be an extra 65 SEK (£5ish) each for linen and a towel! If I had known, I would have just gone somewhere else... who travels with their own bedsheets? Additionally you can't use sleeping bags, the window didn't have a working blind and the noise from the street was clearly audible all night... don't worry though as they sell ear plugs at like a 1000% mark up...

• 20th Mar 2015

We are sorry to hear you experience was not what you might have wanted. The sheets not being included is posted on all our booking sites so it is very unfortunate you didn't see that. It is very common here in Stockholm to pay for that in the hostels, surely not in all, but most of them. We wish you would have told us when we met you the next day about these concerns so we could have done something. Earplugs are sold for 5 SEK. Kind regards, Hostel manager

Nice hostel, not in the center of the action but it is easy to walk and the metro is very close. there was a youth football team that took over the communal spaces the entire weekend and were quite rowdy throughout the day and evening, but that was just unfortunate timing for my stay. it would be nice if they had security at the front desk at night. great wifi and staff is very helpful with directions and questions about the city.

• 20th Mar 2015

Thanks for having forbearance with the unfortunate timing and rating us the way you did :-) Regards, Hostel manager

One of the best hostels I have ever stayed at. The rooms and facilities were spotless, the wifi was great and the staff were friendly and helpful. I definitely recommend it for a short or a long stay.

Thank you! Hostel manager

Loved the stay. Thanks for everything!

Thank you for rating us! Best regards, Hostel Manager

Very pleasant, extremely satisfying. I would definitely recommend it.

• 9th Mar 2015

Thank you for leaving that cheerful comment! :-) Hostel manager

Highly recommend this hostel! It may not be a cheap option but if you are looking for awesome service, nice location and super tidy hostel this one is very very good!

• 7th Mar 2015
  • China

Thank you! :-) Hostel manager

The place seemed nice enough, I showed up late but they emailed me the pin to get in. The bathroom and showers looked awesome and the Internet worked great. At night there was no staff to speak of, and there was one guest staying there who was extremely drunk and was eyeing us down for a fight... Then tried to sleep with my friend, all the time while falling over drunk. It was very uncomfortable. I also ended up with some bites on my arm that got infected and I am now on antibiotics, which sucks

Glad you liked the facilities. Sorry to hear about the guest. We got some complains from other guests so he got kicked out, but we never heard about him bothering you in the room unfortunately. Next time let the staff know (call the nightguard if it is at night), even if it is the next day so they can act on it. About the bites, we've checked all rooms and especially yours, but can't find anything. Maybe it happened elsewhere? Cheers for the detailed feedback :-) Hostel manager

This place was very clean and efficient. Best was the lovely ladies who ran the place. They we're incredibly kind, extraordinary helpful, and very cool. Will def be back next time around in Stockholm.

• 4th Mar 2015

We are happy to read you review and appreciate the kind comments left :-) Hostel Manager

Overall very nice hostel. It's underground so there weren't any windows in my room which was unusual and resulted in poorish ventilation, but it wasn't too bothering. The room was comfortable, showers and kitchen clean. I'd definitely stay here again.

• 1st Mar 2015
  • Hungary

Tack for writing some lines about your stay. Basically all rooms except two has windows, but none are possible to open as we are in the basement just like you say. Let us know if this is a major problem next time you book so we can give you an option :-) Hostel manager

Amazing WiFi capabilities!

• 27th Feb 2015

Glad you noticed ;-) Hostel Manager

we spent 4 days. it was perfectly located (near central station). clean and well organized space : romms are isolated from the kichen. the beds were also very confortable.

• 20th Feb 2015