City Hostel - Central Station Reviews

Fleminggatan 19, Stockholm, Sweden

I've stayed in lots of hostels and this was one of the best! It was such a high standard without being fussy/proud of itself. Loved the music and underfloor heating in the showers! Stayed in dormitory which was q crowded but comfortable and also private twin room which was as good as a hotel!

• 14th Feb 2015
  • Wales

What a positive feedback! Nice to hear :-) Best regards Hostel manager

The kitchen is a bit small. we have to wait every time.

Sorry to hear it felt crowded for you. Sometimes it seems like everybody is planning to be in the kitchen the same time and then it can feel a little tight, but most of the time I'd say there is a nice flow and it's too bad it didn't happen during your time here. Kind regards, Hostel manager

The hostel is quiet and the comun area is not very good. The kitchen is well equipped and the showers are very bad (with a timer that is way too fast). The staff is ok, but we didn't like that they didn't let us Take a shower when we arrived, a few hours before check in time, even after we told then we've been traveling for over 24 hours. They've claimed that the hostel was too busy, but for our hole stay we never took a shower with other people in the bathrooms.

For the most part, the hostel was well kept, and I had no trouble with staff or facilities. It was a bit of a quiet weekend, but the style of the hostel made it a bit harder to meet with people. Overall a good experience

Thank you for taking time to leave a comment. Regards Hostel manager

It is one of the most comfortables hostels i've ever been. They have strict ruls about the sheets, time schedule and food, so it is everything very organized and clean.

• Argentina

It was a very lovely experience staying with City Hostel, to the point that we took note of the other hostels in other cities that they have so that we can arrange another booking with them again if needed in other cities. Overall, really loved the atmosphere and the chance to interact with other people in the same hostel.

• Singapore

Happy to hear your experience here was so positive for you! It is always nice to hear our guests are enjoying themselves. :-) Regards, Hostel Manager

Fantastic facility! The staff was extremely helpful and friendly, the facilities were very clean, very easy-going atmosphere, and I felt very comfortable leaving my valuables there while I was away. It's a good location. Just outside of where everything is happening, but could use a larger sign at the entrance.

• 6th Feb 2015

Thank you for leaving a comment. About a bigger sign outside, we are working on that :) Regards Hostel manager

The kitchen was great, super clean very good staff and the location was perfect. I had really a nice stay there!

Thank you for leaving a comment. :-) Kind regards, Hostel manager

Great hostel, clean, friendly, good value, great location. I would stay again and would recommend. Nice kitchen facilities.

Cheers for that! Hostel manager

everything was awesome besides the stains on our rented bed sheets! you have to use their sheets or they charge you. and you have to pay for their sheets too. location is not that close to central station or many of the sight seeing things.

Hi guys, cheers for the high rating :-) There should definitely not be any stains on the sheets. We pay for a cleaning service (that is also a reason we need to charge for rent of sheets) and they normally do a really good job, so it is very unfortunate this happen. We would have wished that you had told us so we could have given you new ones! Next time, ok? :-) Kind regards, Hostel manager

Great location - only nearby attraction is City Hall but train station is a quick walk away. Be aware: this is NOT a party hostel. Quiet hours are in effect at night and alcohol isn't even permitted on the premises. They do sponsor a pub crawl, though...just can't bring the party back to the hostel with you. Also, reception closes down on the early side - something to keep in mind if you book here. Overall, very satisfied with my stay.

very nice kitchen and common area. lots of books to read, rooms are pretty clean and comfortable too.

We are happy to hear you sound to be pleased with your stay :-) Kind regards, Hostel manager

Excellent stay

• 18th Jan 2015
  • Sweden

Thank you for that :) Regards Hostel Manager

Excellent hostel, the best one I ever been to.

• 13th Jan 2015
  • China

Thank you for the nice review. Regards Hostel manager

Best place I have stayed. Clean, comfortable, safe, great staff, cheap.

• 12th Jan 2015

Oh, thanx, we are honored for the feedback :-) Kind regards, Hostel manager

You defo won't find anything better for that price! Friendly and helpful staff, great location, nice kitchen, nice lounge, good atmosphere! The place is actually simple, but very tidy, cozy and organised! Toilletes are very clean, playing tacky old songs. Is there anything better to put you in the mood to kick off a day than brushing your teeth while singing Witney Huston at the front of the mirror? :D so much fun! Recommended!

• 11th Jan 2015
  • Spain

Thank you for the fun and cheerful review! :-) Best regards, Hostel manager

The facilities were very well maintained and clean. Great location as well.

• 9th Jan 2015

Thank you for leaving a note :) Regards Hostel manager

Just stay like you are!

Thanks for dropping a line :) Regards Hostel manager

The toilet and showering room (for male) remind me of concentration-camp-style-dorm at my high school. Besides morning cleaning supports to be done also in the toilet (There's another row of sink that higher than the pissing ones located in a different corner, with faucets). I just found these are not very satisfying, and it need to note maybe I am a stickler for neatness, as a backpacker). Other than this it's a nice hostel to stay one or two nights in Stockholm.

Nice hostel but no windows as it's underneath the ground (level -1) Very quiet at night, clean, friendly, good showers... I can definitely reccommend it.