City Hostel - Central Station Reviews

Fleminggatan 19, Stockholm, Sweden

This was my first ever hostel and it set the bar high. Great location, easy to find, clean, atmospheric, and fantastic value for money. You have to hire sheets and it's worth bringing your own padlock. Overall, a great find. Would stay again.

Glad to be your first hostel and rated nice! Hostel manager

Clean, fresh, proper. Loved the music in the bathrooms and showers. Kind of a small place to hang out and vibe with new people though. Nice staff, felt secure and close to the central station. I was happy during my stay at the City Hostel in Stockholm!

Thanks for your sweet feeback :-) Hostel manager

Nice hostel, clean and comfy. Very centrally located, close to central station and bus terminal and within walking distance to the city centre. Helpfulf staff and great facilities, including everything you could need. Recommended!

Reception isn't open 24 hours so I was a little concerned since I was checking in after they'd closed and I needed to use a door code to get in and unlock a safe to get my key etc. It actually went extremely smoothly, far better than I'd expected. The staff were very friendly and helpful when I needed directions, print outs etc. The rooms and facilities were great, clean and spacious enough, and for Sweden, I thought it was a great hostel that didn't break your budget.

Glad you were happy with the late check in procedure, that's our goal for it to be very smooth even though we are not here in person. :-) Hostel manager

Clean and compact. very friendly and helpful staff. Having to walk through the kitchen to get to and from the shower from our room wasn't ideal.

Friendly staff and good company. A warning about the bedsheets policy in the booking process would make budgeting easier.

My room was simple but really nice -- I wasn't expecting a TV! The staff was extremely accommodating and helpful.

We were very pleased with our room, which was small but comfortable.

• 22nd Jul 2015
  • Switzerland

it was my 4th time in this hostel , it's Always a pleasure to stay here!

Awesome to have you back :-) Hostel manager

Nothing to complain about, but I've been probably spoilt by City Backpackers because if I have to compare these two hostels City Hostel lack of young people to socialise with, the kitchen is very empty and in case there are people are families with kids or big groups which don't socialise. No big problems at all.

• 18th Jul 2015

It was clean and quiet and the staff were great

Cheers mate! :-) Hostel manager

Good hostel.. Clean and organized. What you would expect from a good hostel.

The staff were not very knowledgeable. They were only there up to 1800. A completely impersonal travel experience. Good hostels are staffed by passionate travellers, who like to talk about the world, and the place they are staying. The staff also ruined some of my clothes which I paid to have washed. The place was riddled with rules about alcohol, check out fines, etc, which is all pretty boring. Good music in the toilets, and a well stocked kitchen.

Thank you for leaving your comment. We are very sorry to hear you did not get a good experience with us! :-( Regarding the clothes; please contact us right away if you are not happy with the result! This is new to us to hear so it would have been good to know for us so we could have done something. Cheers for rating security and cleanliness high. Hostel manager

Great hostel! I had a great time there! Everything is clean and it is in a great location!

Thanks for the high score! Hostel manager

Beautifully clean facilities. Very calm hostel. Definitely good for families, but not for partying. It was a great relaxed stay for my friend and I. We were able to walk wherever we needed, and the location is very close to the train station, which was nice.

Good hostel. Very close to the central station, so very convenienth to get around. The staff was very helpful and were happy to give any advice for things to do around. Would stay here again!

Thanks for the feedback guys! :-) Hostel Manager

the location is only five minutes out of town, on the less busy side, but everything was there for us, just needed to approve alcohol and it would have been perfect!

Cheers for rating us. Hostel manager

Excellent hostel. It is simple, but very organized, clean, cozy and with a good atmosphere. It is a bit dar from the main touristic points but it is a walkable distance and easy access to public transport. Next to the hostel there are resraurants and supermarkets.

Thank you for the information left for other guests :-) Hostel manager

The staff where so helpfull and friendly. I had trouble printing my ticket and they helped me out greatly. Thank you so much.

Thnak you for your comment. Hostel manager

There were many people working in the City Hostel is a friendly and nice people. While I was able to spend comfortably. However, many carrying loads of luggage a little difficult to climb the stairs.

• 2nd Jul 2015