City Hostel - Central Station Reviews

Fleminggatan 19, Stockholm, Sweden

On the whole the hostel was very nice; great, helpful staff and good location close to metro lines (Rådhuset on blue, Fridhemsplan on green). Security was good with a key fob or a number. I think if a breakfast was included the atmosphere would have been improved - I was in a twin room and meeting other people was difficult as the hostel was generally quiet. Also one night they were loud noises from the 7-11 upstairs for maybe an hour until maybe midnight - it wasn't a big issue just unexpected.

• 27th Nov 2015

We appreciate your feedback :-) Hostel manager

I stayed in the hostel with two friend in a three bed room. the room was not big but it was cozy and clean. Girls at the reception very friendly

• 26th Nov 2015

Thank you for leaving a review. Regards Hostel manager

Everything was well prepared when we arrived at 5:45pm (reception would close at 6pm) as our train was late. In case we would arrive later than 6 they had already prepared everything for our late check in - bed sheets on our beds in case we need them, sent an e-mail with information how to get the room key and so on. The receptionist (Janina?) was super friendly and helpful with great recommendations every time we had questions about something. The hostel was clean and the kitchen well equipped.

Hello Thank you for your review. We are happy to hear that you liked the hostel. Welcome back any time :) Regards Hostel manager

I was rooming in a 6 bedroom female dorm with a woman who is actually living at the hostel and she was unbearable. She went for a smoke almost every hour throughout the night, always turning on the lights each time, make a whole bunch of noise and then bang on the door because she forgot her key. The last night I was there she woke up and stayed up at 4am making all kinds of noise. It was a miserable stay and I hope you warn others about her before letting them make the same mistake

• 23rd Nov 2015

We are sorry to hear about how you experienced the stay in the female dorm this time and it would have been great if you had talked to us to solve any problems you might have had. We do want to point out however, that we didn't have any woman living permanently in the hostel, everyone in your room (and the hostel) were are temporary guests only. Hostel manager

This hostel this was fantastic. It's about 5 minutes, or so, walk from the Central Station. That means it's about 10 minutes from the main shopping area. The staff were really friendly and made me laugh after I'd had a really bad first day in Sweden. The living room area is really comfortable. I didn't cook a lot, but there is a good kitchen with plenty of fridge space! Good showers, very comfy beds, excellent internet. I recommend this place a lot!

Thanks a lot man! We are happy to read your review! Hostel manager

It was extremely clean and nice inside. Everyone was very friendly. The beds were very comfortable and warm. The lockers inside the rooms were free to use and fit my 46L backpack perfectly. The kitchen and bathrooms were large and always very clean. Best hostel I've stayed at yet.

• 20th Nov 2015

Thank you for your review and your high rates. Welcome back anytime :) Regards Hostel manager

Excellent stay!!!! The staff couldn't do enough for you and were really helpful throughout.

Thank you for that! :-) Hostel manager

Everything was perfect! I will come back for sure!

• 14th Nov 2015
  • Poland

Thanks a lot for the top scores! Hostel manager

Good atmosphere, nice staff and people, Quiet. It was OK.

Thnak you for that! Hostel manager

We stayed for 3 nights in a standard twin private room for our city break. You have everything you need including TV and wifi. There are also cosy eating area and living room. The staff is very kind and helpful and the location is great so all the main attractions are in the walking distance. Kind regards from Croatia :)

I'm satisfied with everything!

• 13th Nov 2015
  • Saint Kitts And Nevis

Glad to hear! :-) Hostel manager

The fact that the only washbasin is on the toilet room means that you have to brush yout teeth on the toilet, that is not okay. No Atmosphere. There will always be enough people in need of a relatively cheap stay, but there`s huge potential - see oslo vandrerhjem central!!

• 8th Nov 2015

This hostel seems overpriced. For a 6 bed female dorm I paid €25. Linens were another €5 or so. There was a fire during my stay and we stood in the rain for a while but, not their fault. The location is in walking distance of a lot however it's hard to find because their sign is so small. Cleanliness was fine but again, over priced for what they have to offer. Staff was decently friendly, nothing exceptional. Not acessable for Handicap or disabled, as the hostel is down a steep flight of stairs

Thanks for leaving your opionions. We are sorry the guests who'd been smoking inside had everyone get out in the rain due to the fire alarm they set off. It was no real fire, but we are very concerned about the security and are happy the detectors work like they should. We are happy to inform that we are working on both a bigger sign and to have the sheets included in a near future! :-) Hostel manager

The room was horrible. We didn't have any windows or air filter so we were out of oxygen after a few hours of sleep. Moreover, it got really hot in this room and there was no way to cool it. Besides this, the bunk bed was really noisy. Every time the person in the upper bed moved, we both woke up. The location, staff etc. were good, but the purpose of a hostel is a place to sleep, and we didn't get any of that..

• 7th Nov 2015

Thank you very much for your review. Your feedback is extremely valuable to us, as we strive to improve with each and every stay. I am sorry to hear about your mixed experience the other night. Next time you are in Stockholm we want to invite you to City Hostel and show you that we have improved and fixed these issue. We’re serious about good customer service. A maintenance check-up will be scheduled for all the beds in order to identify and resolve all potential problems. Hostel owner

Dear, The hotel is very clean. I'm so satisfied about it. But the problem is smell from the shoe. I would recommend everyone to take of the shoe outside in some common area. This would solve the problem. I am having a respiratory problem, It was a bit difficult for me in the common bed room to cope up with the shoe smell. Otherwise, every thing is best. Tack

• 6th Nov 2015
  • Ethiopia

Thank you for your top rate! And leaving your suggestion about the shoes. Hostel manager

Our stay at Central Station was very nice. Booking a private room was definitely worth it! The amenities are SO nice - full kitchen with utensils. Easy to walk to from Central Train Station and has a bus stop right in front of it. Staff recommendations are fabulous and the partner discounts they offer are really great deals. Would stay here again!

Thanks for the positive feedback! :-) Hostel manager

It's a very nice place near the Stockholm Central Station. It's a bit difficult to find it at the beginning because there is no big sign outside but if you ask the people there they will help you. The kitchen and the bathroom was very clean and was in a very good shape. The rooms are not that big but comfortable . All in all it was a nice place to stay and the staff was very helpful.

• 29th Oct 2015
  • Poland

The cleanest hostel I've ever been in my life (and I've seen many of them). Only the common areas, besides the kitchen, don't have too much to offer, just TV and some books.

Hello Thank you for leaving a comment. Just want to point out that we do have a fully equipped kitchen. Common area have tv and books :) Regards Hostel manager

Great hostel! Very clean, good location, and comfortable beds! I would definitely recommend this hostel and would book again :)

Thank you for the review. Hostel manager

This is absolutely the best hostel we have ever stayed at. They are so organized, with emailing door codes after hours, amazing electronic security (except for shared fridges), and our room worked very well, and music constantly piped throughout. The only complaint we have was with the showers, the timers were annoying, sometimes standing wet and cold for 15 seconds trying to get the shower to start again, and lack of secure dry area to hang clothes/towels. Like I said though, best hostel ever!

Thank you for leaving a review and thank you for the high rates :) . We will look more in to the timer in the showers, thank you for pointing that out Regards Hostel manager