City Hostel - Central Station Reviews

Fleminggatan 19, Stockholm, Sweden

Lovely hostel! Great location, friendly staff, and it is very clean. I recommend it!!

Cheers and welcome back! Hotel Manager

Maybe a closet in kitchen for dry food would be handy

Thanx for the tips and the top rating you gave us! Hostel Manager

Great hostel. Staff very helpful and friendly. Great location. Very close to central station. Walk. Dont get ripped off by a taxi like I did

Thanks for the high rating! Sorry to here about the taxi! :-( Hostel Manager

A bit far away from things and a bit expensive but overall it was a great experience and one of my favorite hostels! The staff was very helpful and when i requested a new room due to a particularly loud snoring man. I also met one of the nicest men I have ever met while staying here. :) I would definitely stay here again!

A bit expensive but definitely a great experience. Super clean rooms and bathrooms and excellent staff! Would stay here again if I go back to stockholm. About a 10 min walk to the central train station. Good wifi.

We appreciate that you are taking the time to write. Cheers! Hostel manager

This was my second time staying at this hostel and it was great. It's right by central station, and the hostel is very clean and comfortable. The beds are a bit squeaky but comfortable, and you have to bring your own bedding and towels (which is a general rule in Sweden). The washrooms and showers are clean, and we made use of the kitchen and living room area by making dinner. The common area is nice and it was easy to say hi and to meet other travellers. Would recommend!

Thnak you for the informative feedback of your experience here :-) Hostel manager

The place overall is nice, however it is lacking in atmosphere, the reception is only open office hours and the beds are incredibly squeaky so when someone moves it wakes everyone in the room up. Apart from these issues the hostel was great!

Thank you for taking time to write. Kind regards Hostel manager

The staff here really where amazing! My boyfriend got sick on our first day in Stockholm and badly needed a doctor. The girl at the front desk helped us so much we are very great fun! The rooms where clean and comfortable! The hostel was quite not like other hostels so you could actually get a good nights rest! The bathrooms where clean, the only thing I think would be good is a hook in the shower to hang some stuff. We would totally come back there on our next trip to Stockholm! Thanks again!

Thank you for the feedback. We try to take care of our guests the best way we can, it's our pleassure to help. And we are glad he got better :-) We'll check out the request about more hooks! Hostel manager

Good hostel, lovely staff, and great kitchen facilities. My husband was unwell and they let us check in early which was very kind :) the only thing we didn't like is the large school groups that stayed during our stay. They were quite loud and took up the kitchen space. Overall though I would recommend this hostel

• 29th May 2015

Thanks for leaving some comments about your stay :-) Hostel manager

Excellent location. Clean fresh hostel and decent bathrooms and kitchen makes this good value.. The loveliest staff in the world, probably! Perhaps not so good for older people who do not want bunks - most rooms have bunk beds. Otherwise highly recommended.

• 28th May 2015
  • New Zealand

I do wonder why there is no one there on duty at night. Perhaps that is standard in hostels, I am still new to traveling that way. It would be helpful to have a night staff person so that there's someone enforcing the rules. Night time is the most important for the rest of the travelers. There are going to be understandable disruptions when you're sharing a dorm but when people are screaming in the halls, there should be someone to stop it. Otherwise, wonderful stay. Comfortable, made friends.

• 25th May 2015

Thank you for the feedback. Some hostels have night staff as well and some has what we have; a nightguard reachable by a number you can call outside of the reception hours in case you need to get in contact with someone. The nightguard will send someone to the hostel if nessesary. It rarly happens but we want our guests to know they can use that service if they need. Thnaks for the great rating btw :-) Hostel manager

From the perspective of a 28 year old guy looking for some fun, this hostel was mediocre. Yes, it was clean, safe and friendly. If all you are looking for a is suitable place to stay, this place is great but I was looking for some fun and there is nothing social about this hostel. The location is about a 30 walk until you start seeing anything interesting. I would have rather stayed closer to old town which is more alive. For me, this was too expensive for simply a bed and shower.

Thank you for giving your perspective on the stay. We are not the typical party hostel, and maybe old town or Södermalm area is more your preference. We do have many guest who like our location and come back to us just due to that, but not everybody can feel the same. :-) Kind regards Hostel manager

This hostel has a great location near the train station. It takes a little longer to get to the further parts of the city, like Södermalm, but it was worth it for the convenience of getting back to the train station early in the morning on the day I left! My bed was very comfortable and the music that plays in the shower is an added bonus!

Thank you! Hostel manager

Sara, one of the lovely front desk ladies, was so nice and helpful! She helped suggest fun activities, was extremely accommodating in any way we needed, and was a welcomewelcoming friendly face for us tourists.

• 21st May 2015

Cheers for the positive feedback of our staff. Hostel manager

It's a great hostel. The staff are very knowledable and willing to aid you with any endeavour. Rooms were clean and bed comfortable. The showers and washrooms were also in great shape. Nice music playing all the time in the washrooms. Except once I heard an old school Brittany Spears song, that just made me feel old. The WiFi is also fast and reception throughout the hostel. Overall it was a great stay. However, I would caution that this is not a backpackers hostel. Very quiet and dull

• 18th May 2015

Thank you for leaving a review. Sorry you didn´t like Britney Spears :) But we try to have all kind of music :) Welcome back anytime. Regards Hostel manager

I am extremely happy with the hostel considering it was my first ever visit in a hostel . It was easy to find and the fact that it is near the Central Station made my further travel plans hastle free. I loved everything about the place- clean and well organised. Going forward, I will not use hotels any more because places like City Hostel proved that they are worth every penny and are not worst than the hotels. Keep up the good work guys!

• 16th May 2015

Thank you so much for that! :-) Hostel manager

Overall I had a great stay at City Hostel. It was perfectly located near the bus station and easily exsesable by foot to all the main attrations. An added bonus was the music in the bathroom and shower room.

• 14th May 2015

Thank you for leaving a note. Glad you like the music :) Regards Hostel manager

It was average.

Excellent stay. The staff and other guests were very friendly and helpful. Communal bathrooms were not a problem but could be for some who like more privacy. Lack of a window in the room was the only negative thing about staying there. One warning: dont rely on the picture/ photograph on the Hostelworld web site. The location is 400 metres from the Stockholm central station on th left side of the road opposite a bank with a security door entry between a 7/11 Shop and a florist and is undergro

• 12th May 2015

Thank you for leaving a note. Hope it helps future guests to find our place better with your directions :) Regards Hostel manager

This was my first experience staying in a hostel and it just wasn't what I had imagined. What threw me off the most was the guest population was a much older crowd than I expected. I stayed in a mixed 8 bed room and a few of the people in there were older men. I wasn't very comfortable being in the room because of this.