City Hostel - Central Station Reviews

Fleminggatan 19, Stockholm, Sweden

The hostel was quite Nice. The showerroom (male) got incredibly hot though and the showers itself could have been bigger and more Places to put stuff (shampoo etc)

Thank you for taking time to leave a comment. The temperature for the showers is possible to adjust, you can have a cold showr too if you want, but we are checking to see everything is in with them :-) //Hostel manager

Perhaps it is only because I just came from hostels in Australia and New Zealand, but this hostel fell a bit short in my eyes. The best part is definitely the free WiFi, which is outrageously fast. I was able to get so much done there that I had been putting off while traveling in Oceania because the internet there was garbage. However, the kitchen here is a joke, and the showers annoying with how often they cut off. The rooms also get very hot with little ventilation.

Excellent hostel. Would defintely stay here again. Easy to get anywhere else in the city from here. Highly recommend.

Welcome back anytime! :-) Best regards, Hostel manager

Managed by friendly and welcoming staff, this hostel is conveniently located near Stockholm's Central Station for easy access to city public transit and airport connections. The hostel is in close proximity to everything you want to see and do in Stockholm. Facilities are modern and relatively clean with a large kitchen, multiple showers, free Internet and wi-fi, and TV in the rooms so it is a comfortable and good place to stay. We enjoyed our visit and would definitely return. Skol!

Thank you for pointing out what a great location we have :) And we are glad that you thought we were friendly :) Welcome back at anytime. // Hostel Manager

I appreciated the friendly, helpful staff! They were wonderful to meet and deal with. Ralph Montgomery, New Hampshire, USA

Cheers friend! Thanks for the feedback - welcome back anytime :-) // Hostel manager

Pretty nice hostel, close to train station so it's good if you have an early flight. Stayed in 8 bed dorms. Beds are fine, linen was just crispy clean (linen and towel for hire though - 65 SEK), so you'll have a nice sleep if you have nice roommates. Showers and toilets are the best that I saw in hostels ever. Very clean, with nice smell and even music, also separate men and women, always available. Nice equipped kitchen, information desk with tips. No adventurous travelers atmosphere though

Hello Thank you for the feedback. You are welcome back at any time. Best regards Hostel Manager

there's no ventilation in the room and the small fan is not enough but besides that, it's a nice hostel!

everything is perfect

Hello Thank you for that :) Best regards Hostel Manager

Good place to spend the night in the centre of Stockholm. Just 5-10 minutes walk from the Central Station. Spacious, clean, with good bathroom facilities. Price level is still "Scandinavian", but still it's one of the best acommodation deals in the capital. NOTE: You can leave the luggage in the deposit room before check in/after check out, but be aware that reception hours are till 18:00, so you have to collect your belongings by then.

Thank you for the comment! Best regards, Hostel manager

Nice little hostel, close to the Central Station and city centre. The staff were very friendly and helpful, and did as much as they could when my watch was stolen (my fault, not theirs!). Nice, clean facilities, and comfortable beds. I'm not used to paying extra for my linen, but nevermind. Quite good value for money, would recommend!

A very good hostel overall. I would recommend it to anyone. Very clean, friendly staff, good kitchen and common area. Nice layout. Only problem, improve the directions given on hostelworld. I was lost for about 40 minutes. There are no signs outside the building to show it is the hostel. A plain door leading down to the basement entrance with an A4 sheet on it saying this is the hostel is not good enough. I walked passed the entrance twice.

The hostel has a fresh and modern look. No windows in the bedrooms put an end to the eternal daylight we'd been facing in other hostels we'd stayed in around Scandinavia! Everyone staying there was really friendly, easy to get along with. The location was easy to walk around the city from, though not directly close to any of the main attractions, other than the town hall. It was about a 30 minute walk to all the museums and that, except Sven-Harry's which was only 15 mins away.

Enjoyed my time here, had no issues with anything. Easy to get to from the central train station and the staff were very nice. In the dorm room there were big lockers and an outlet by every bed. I never had to wait to use the showers or the bathrooms, and plus they had free tea and coffee in the kitchen.

Hello, Nice to here that you enjoyed our company. Best Regards Hostel Manager

Really nice hostel, we stayed in a private twin which had its own tv; however a sink would have been more useful as the shower rooms were a bit of a long walk through the common room and kitchen....not great to be walking through in pj's when there's a party going on!

Good: the staff was incredibly helpful, facilities are great, location is very good (near the central train/bus station, two blocks away from a subway) and there's even an ATM across the street. Entrance doors require security codes. Not as good: despite the security, my shoes were taken from my room. Now, I can't think of anything the staff could have done to prevent this, and they did their best to help me out, but I still think I need to point it out: travelers, remember to lock your stuff.

Hi We are very sorry about your shoes that should not happen. We have lockers in the bed dorms and it is allways a good thing to lock your things. Best regards Hostel Manager.

Very centrally located however the reception shuts very early so any check in after 15h if I am not wrong you need to request the door codes beforehand otherwise you will be left outside.

Very nice hostel, well kept, and the staff were very helpful in arranging my key collection on arrival as I had a very late train into Stockholm. Would highly recommend this hostel!

Hi Thanks a lot we try allways to do our best to help you. Best regards Hostel Manager

Great hostel, great location would definately return

• 19th Jun 2014

Welcome back wenever you want Best Regards Hostel Manager

The BEST staff EVER! If you want to feel like you are staying with FAMILY... STAY HERE! This hostel is located perfectly next to a bus stop and 7-11, (which also has free wifi by the way). The atmosphere to meet other people is superb and all the guests stop and say hello. The kitchen area is AWESOME and is big enough to eat/cook/socialize without being in the way of others. They have on-site laundry and the staff will help you if needed. This hostel is CLEAN! I would stay here again ANYTIME!

• 18th Jun 2014

Hello Thanks a lot for these nice words take care and hope too seer you again. Best Ragaerds Hostel Manager

Very impressive hostel. Very clean, secure, and friendly/helpful staff. Good location / easy to find. Will definitely consider for next visit to Stockholm.

Hi, Thank you and we hope too see you again soon. Bet regards Hostel manager