City Lodge Reviews

150 Vincent Street, Auckland, New Zealand

I was frankly surprised that a hostel could be this good. It was very clean and fresh. It was better than most 3 star hotels I've been to in Europe.

• 14th Jan 2016
  • Sweden

Wifi Network cost too high!

Great location and good value for money. Perhaps organise more activities/events for occupants to be involved.

Excellent hostel, clean and friendly. Rooms are quite small but they contain everything you need, including fridge and a kettle. WiFi available but tends to drop out in the bedrooms (eg if listening to radio). Good beds.

• 9th Dec 2015

I booked online to stay here for 3 nights for my arrival to New Zealand. I arrived at 10pm and was brought to my room on the seventh floor. I was surprised at how clean and quiet the building was. My room had 2 single beds, with a television, bathroom (shower, toilet and sink) and heater and wardrobe. There was also a kettle with teas, and a fridge with milk. I had a great sleep the first night, the second night there was a group playing loud music (outside of the building) and the third night a

Good value, good .location.

Staff helpful. Room a good size. Little things disappointed like the crappy chair, unwiped tables and broken toilet fixture. Generally a good experience with a great location and good facilities. The Beehive in the yard didnt look very active !

Very nice hostel a little uphill from city centre. 3-bed ensuite was comfy but still quite small. Big windows make the room very bright and friendly. Kettle and complimentary tea bags inside the room were a nice treat. Kitchen was in good condition. Don't worry if you can't get a parking space in the backyard, there is free parking in the street from 6 pm to 8 am.

It was great. Very nice staff, very clean and tidy. Near the city centre. We enjoyed our stay at City Lodge in Auckland.

• 8th Jan 2014

We had a private double room. The room was very clean. But impossible to sleep due to terrible party teenagers/backpackers outside. They were SO loud and wouldn/t calm down till 4 am. About 6 am heavy vehicles started to load/unload right beneath the windows. The same repeated the second nigh:(

Typical NZ hostel - very impersonal, charge you for everything, and make you check out at 10am. Quite a walk up hill to get to. Overall it was fine I guess. Spacious and comfortable rooms.

Far too expensive for a tiny room and check out at 10am. Hotel prices with hostel accomodation. Unfortunately not a hostel atmosphere though. Rooms cramped especially toilet and shower - I'm not very big and even I felt claustrophobic in the double room private ensuite shower. There has to be better value than this in Auckland

Lovely staff and comfortable rooms at a decent price.

Great value for money, facilities are immaculate and the location very handy for either Queen St, K-Rd or Ponsonby.

Everything was exactly what we were wanting for our weekend getaway!

Considering the prices for accomodation a free wifi instead of excessive prepaid volumes would top up the value.

Loved my stay here Only negative would be no clean towels daily

Relatively clean rooms. Good value for money as each room has it's own bathroom/toilet facilities albeit a bit smaller than first anticipated. Staff aren't all that helpful in terms of recommending places to go. Not much to do in the area as I believe it's close to the Red Light District but it's a short walk from the city and all nightspots. Would go back and stay again if I was traveling on a budget.

Lovely helpful staff! When I arrived much earlier than the 2pm check-in time they sorted a room for me almost straight away. This was wonderful as I was quite exhausted. A great place on a tight budget.

• 17th May 2012

We enjoyed our stay a lot. It is more like a hotel than a hostel as each room has its own bathroom. There is a nice kitchen/common room area downstairs too, which gives it a bit of a hostel feel. It's an easy 15 minute walk to the waterfront. The only negative was that they charge you quite a bit for wifi and that was somewhat false advertising. They charge $3 for 30mb, which isn't much data. We ended up going to cafes instead to use wifi.

• 19th Apr 2012