City Lodge Reviews

150 Vincent Street, Auckland, New Zealand

Staff helpful. Room a good size. Little things disappointed like the crappy chair, unwiped tables and broken toilet fixture. Generally a good experience with a great location and good facilities. The Beehive in the yard didnt look very active !

Very nice hostel a little uphill from city centre. 3-bed ensuite was comfy but still quite small. Big windows make the room very bright and friendly. Kettle and complimentary tea bags inside the room were a nice treat. Kitchen was in good condition. Don't worry if you can't get a parking space in the backyard, there is free parking in the street from 6 pm to 8 am.

It was great. Very nice staff, very clean and tidy. Near the city centre. We enjoyed our stay at City Lodge in Auckland.

• 8th Jan 2014

We had a private double room. The room was very clean. But impossible to sleep due to terrible party teenagers/backpackers outside. They were SO loud and wouldn/t calm down till 4 am. About 6 am heavy vehicles started to load/unload right beneath the windows. The same repeated the second nigh:(

Typical NZ hostel - very impersonal, charge you for everything, and make you check out at 10am. Quite a walk up hill to get to. Overall it was fine I guess. Spacious and comfortable rooms.

Far too expensive for a tiny room and check out at 10am. Hotel prices with hostel accomodation. Unfortunately not a hostel atmosphere though. Rooms cramped especially toilet and shower - I'm not very big and even I felt claustrophobic in the double room private ensuite shower. There has to be better value than this in Auckland

Lovely staff and comfortable rooms at a decent price.

Great value for money, facilities are immaculate and the location very handy for either Queen St, K-Rd or Ponsonby.

Everything was exactly what we were wanting for our weekend getaway!

Considering the prices for accomodation a free wifi instead of excessive prepaid volumes would top up the value.

Loved my stay here Only negative would be no clean towels daily

Relatively clean rooms. Good value for money as each room has it's own bathroom/toilet facilities albeit a bit smaller than first anticipated. Staff aren't all that helpful in terms of recommending places to go. Not much to do in the area as I believe it's close to the Red Light District but it's a short walk from the city and all nightspots. Would go back and stay again if I was traveling on a budget.

Lovely helpful staff! When I arrived much earlier than the 2pm check-in time they sorted a room for me almost straight away. This was wonderful as I was quite exhausted. A great place on a tight budget.

• 17th May 2012

We enjoyed our stay a lot. It is more like a hotel than a hostel as each room has its own bathroom. There is a nice kitchen/common room area downstairs too, which gives it a bit of a hostel feel. It's an easy 15 minute walk to the waterfront. The only negative was that they charge you quite a bit for wifi and that was somewhat false advertising. They charge $3 for 30mb, which isn't much data. We ended up going to cafes instead to use wifi.

• 19th Apr 2012

Excellent place to stay in the center of Auckland: great location, clean, nice rooms with a awesome bed.

One of the best hostels I've stayed with lovely single room en suite. Great kitchen, friendly and helpful staff.

• 12th Mar 2012

Very lovely stay, thank you :)

• 17th Feb 2012
  • New Zealand

Excellent modern hostel, almost a hotel (I took a single room). Super clean and efficient with helpful welcoming staff. A good quiet place to chill out for a couple of days while you recover from jet lag. Staff agreed to let me book in early (due to an early morning flight arrival) and made phone calls for me to get picked up by the backpackers's bus. I was upgraded to a twin room, very comfortable, with nice clean ensuite bathroom; tea making equipment, fridge, towels... luxury!

A hihgly recommonded, instead of a hostel more likely to be classified as a budget room, we stayed in a double room at 7th floor, have a nice view with sktower from our windows! small, but prefecfly tidy room and shower. a sercurity parking also give peace of mind while driving and travelling in a new city.

More like a budget hotel than a hostel. Loved it even if it was just for one night. There's a convenience store just across the street.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7