Comfort Hostel HK Reviews

A1, 9/F, 47 Paterson Street, Causeway Bay, Hong Kong, Hong Kong

Convenient hostel for the fairly expensive Hong Kong. Very well-located close to the train and bus from/to airport. The free coffee should be a bit longer though (it is only from 8 to 10am). Atmosphere is good only in the main building, but completely absent in the other buildings. The staff is very helpful and have very good music. It could be nice to have the PC in English and with keyboards where it is possible to see the letters (otherwise is useless for most people). I recommend this hostel

The place is very clean and, while there is a common area where people meet and drink, the quiet atmosphere of the place means you can have a good rest.

• 7th Jul 2015

My bestfriend and I booked for an 8-bed room, to our surprise we were sent to a 3-bed room which is so cool! The room was clean, the water was great, the location is perfect — very close to the MTR, bus stop, 7-11, food & shopping areas — plus we have free coffee in the morning. Maybe the hostel's only flaws is their wifi. The internet connection sometimes losses but other than that, we have no complain. We'll definitely go back there! :)

This was a good place to spend a week. It's located very close to a high-end shopping district and to the MTR, which makes transportation very easy. My only concern with my stay was the lack of aircon in the dorm. It had two small units, but they weren't nearly powerful enough to cool off the room! With the heat and humidity of Hong Kong, adequate cooling is definitely needed inside! Overall, I was pleased with my stay!

• 1st Jul 2015

Not bad - the room was nicely air conditioned, dark, and peaceful, and I was upgraded to a smaller dorm without reason. Free coffee and tea all morning, which everyone seemed to take advantage of. But something about the layout of the hot common room was awkward and not conducive to conversation.

Stayed here a couple times, has pretty much your standard HK hostel experience. Our bathroom door was kind of busted but besides that pretty standard.

The location is very handy for the subway and the A11 bus to/from the airport stops just 5 mins around the corner. It is spread over several floors of a tall block called the Paterson building. There are no signs for the hostel outside the building nor are there any in the lift, but another guest directed us to reception on the 3rd floor. The atmosphere in the hostel was great and there were groups/solo travellers. There were also fridges on each floor and free drinking water. Would recommend!

This is a curious place. It's in a residential building, which makes finding it quite difficult (not to mention that there's a sign out front saying that it's illegal and not zoned for this area) and when I arrived I was walked over to another building because all the rooms in that building were full. However, my room was great, with a small 4 bed dorm and ensuite washroom that was clean and had a hot shower. The A/C works great and is NECESSARY for Hong Kong as it was sweltering. Good value!

Good place, location is okay and a good place to meet new people. Sadly my room didnt had a window which made it extremely depressing. The sockerts should be renewed, charging was difficult to charge my devices. Free tea and coffee was great and a good atmosphere in the common area. For that price, I think its a good choice in Hong Kong

An okay hostel in a brilliant location, near popular places. Maybe 3-5 stops on the underground if you can't walk it. Receptionist didn't really understand anything I said but apart from that I enjoyed my stay!

Good location with reliable info available from staff. Easy to get to and from the airport with the city flyer. Rooms are small but the showers are toilets are very clean. Robert, Netherlands

Wouldn't recommend this hostel. For one it was operated illegally and this is stated in the property! There is absolutely no atmosphere and it really ruins the experience! The rooms are fine but overall not an enjoyable experience.

Common room always has people in it. There are 4 hostels that have the same common room so easy to meet people. The Internet is pathetic (at may 22nd and before) none in my room and the common room is incredibly slow. But I'd go back there just because it's cheap and easy to meet people.

This is a combination of a few hostels. Comfort Hostel, Hong Kong Hostel. & Weng Fat Hostel. There under one management,. So be prepare for allocation to you to one of the above. Internet was fast but restrict to only in the check in counter & common area. In the room the was no internet access. The good point is the location. It's was at the heart of Causeway Bay which can be access from all kind of transport.

What u get is what u see. We were arranged to another building which is not where the reception/pantry is, so it was a bit of hassle but manageable. WiFi was flakey depending where we were in the room. For some reason, I had a "dark" ambient feeling since the pantry/eat area was dark, and I had a light in our room which didn't work most of the time. All in all, I would recommend Comfort Hostel.

• 5th May 2015

the room i stayed was very very very dirty. if i visited to hongkong, i would not stay. i dont want to recommend this hostel.

• 2nd May 2015
  • South Korea

It was good. complete facilities, centralized kitchen and use of internet, strong wifi connection. For a backpackers, it was nice.. The location was also perfect. Just a walkaway from everything you need.. Plus it was affordable

• 17th Apr 2015
  • Philippines

Everything was perfect except the wifi: i have rarely seen such bad wifi. It cut constantly and I could not access it from the room. I hope you guys can fix that

• 9th Apr 2015

Great location for traveling by bus or subway. Tons of restaurants and a grocery store just down stairs. Awesome bars within walking distance in Wan Chai. Catholic church within walking distance. The staff is very helpful, and available 24/7. Every night I was able to find some people to chill with in the common area, which was great because I travel alone. The beds were very comfortable. If you're backpacking through Hong Kong, this is a great place to stay.

Not bad for the price in HK, the room was not in the same building as the reception but it was clean and comfortable enough, and the location is great.

« first « Prev 1 2 3