Comfort Hostel HK Reviews

A1, 9/F, 47 Paterson Street, Causeway Bay, Hong Kong, Hong Kong

It's a lovely location, very close to the public transport boarding points..

• 11th Sep 2014
  • India

the location is indeed very good, but the living conditions and facilities are poor. the employees are sleeping on the corridor, outside your room, creepy. also, i asked one of the women to help me and she turned her back and farted, believe it or not!!!!!

• 26th Aug 2014
  • Greece

Clean bathroom and clean room. Location directly next to MRT is excellent. Staff was ok. Totally new room and super fast WIFI. Would recommend it to my friends.

• 25th Aug 2014

wifi, location and price are good but thats it. bed was awful

The atmosphere was great for a solo traveller and the location was perfect. I was able to explore hong kong very easily from this hostel. They even have a hostel cat, which makes everything ten times better. It was a little weird having to fill the toilet bowl with a shower head though

this is a very good place to hit for those who are staying in Hong Kong for vacation or passing through to other countries. As long as you staying less than two weeks and you just need a place to call bed at night then I highly recommend it for its price and its location. However, if you're in Hong Kong for a long period I won't recommend this Hostel because its just too much, sometimes the toilet is not working and the AC, it's just not a comfort place for a long stay. Overall, great location.

By Hong Kong standards you won't find a better hostel and this price. The type of facilities you get seems to depend on which building you end up in but on my first stay there was a TV in the dorm room and the second stay had a kitchen unit attached to the room. Not the most sociable or friendly place but then Hong Kong isn't Thailand.

For the location I thought the price was good. HK is expensive so for these prices you can't complain.

You get a clean bed for a reasonable price, but there is no hostel atmosphere at all, as the hostel is made up of different residential apartments. Organisation seems to be poor, I had to change rooms during my stay, and say several other guests that had the same problem.

i had a good stay and the staff was helpful

The staff was incredibly helpful and considerate. My single room (with a double bed) en suite was perfect for me. The AC worked (once I figured out how to use it). The average cleanliness was so-so I but I think it's more of the Asian standard I'm not used too. Bring sheets and towels because they are not provided. Great stay overall!

• 7th Aug 2014

+: Staff is very helpful (changed our room when we asked for a room with a window on the second day) +: Awesome location: in the middle of causeway bay, a lot of shopping and great views +: Rooms are basic and clean (although showers windows are gone in some rooms) -: Beds differ in quality (Some are perfect, some are VERY hard) -: Waiting times for elevator: up from third (reception) means down first and then up -: Illegal hostel as is announced at the reception of the building

場所はコーズベイの中でも、とても便利な場所にあります。 香港の土地の値段の高さから仕方ないかもしれませんが、4-5畳の中に2段ベッド1つとシングルベッド1つの3人部屋は、なかなか狭かったです。 バスルームはあまり綺麗ではありません。 あと、ベッドの寝心地が良くなくて、腰が痛くなりました。(3泊宿泊しました。) 各ベッドには電気はありませんが、コンセントがあり、日本で使用しているタイプが利用できます。

We were very disappointed staying in comfort hostel hk. First off all, it wasn't comfort at all, tiny rooms for dorms, beds were shaking. The receptionists were terrible. It felt like they doing us a favor when they answered our questions. Only one out of 3 who worked there was nice. At least the atmosphere was good and nice backpackers as well. Not recommended at all.

Location is the only good characteristic

• 30th Jul 2014

The room was very cramped and very dark. The shower was powerful there was nowhere to attach it to the wall so you had to hold it constantly whilst showering. A staff member walked into the room without knocking whilst I was getting changed which I was really not happy about.

Staff was not very friendly, answers to questions were kept short "yes" "no". After telling that the toilet flush was not working we were told its going to get fixed, after 2 days we still had to use the shower to refill the flush. the rooms were not even close to what is discribed in the pictures. The actual "Comfort Hostel HK" doesnt seem to exsist on 7th floor is a sign, go to 3rd floor to register, which leads to HongKong Hostel which has a bad review already.

The main door to the entrance of the hallway which leads to my room had no doorknob it was not convenient opening the door just after leaving the elevator in the first floor. 55 Paterson st. Apart from this , the location is excellent, next to the subway station causeway Bay , and taxi. Shopping mall and restaurants are right around the corner. The room has good air conditioning, high-speed Wi-Fi and was clean.

The hostel was very average to disappointing overall. Private rooms were super small and actually worse than the dorm rooms. Air conditioner was old and didn't cool the room. The staff acted annoyed with me every time I dealt with them. I only stayed here because my preferred hostel was full. It's a good location but that's pretty much it.

• 25th Jul 2014

The hostel was in an ideal location just a three minute walk to the nearest metro. It was very secure and the staff were friendly. The only problem was we could not use the wifi in our room and had to either use it in the hallway or reception which was a bit inconvenient. Other than that the hostel is very basic but ideal for tourists who want to discover Hong Kong and only intend on using the room to sleep and store luggage.

• 23rd Jul 2014