Comfort Hostel HK Reviews

A1, 9/F, 47 Paterson Street, Causeway Bay, Hong Kong, Hong Kong

The location is really good as it is close to the MTR and bus stops as well as supermarket and cinemas and shopping centres. The room is small but is quite clean and pretty acceptable for this amount of rent. One thing to complain about is you could easily hear people walking outside the corridor and every time when they shut their door I could literally bounce up from my sleep. So I had to put on my earplugs every night to make sure I won't wake up during the night or early in the morning...

Great place! Friendly and helpful staff that do great jobs. They made things easy for me as a new person to Hong Kong. Wish I stayed there longer.

Can't beat the price, and there's no real downside. Excellent atmosphere, 24 hour service, perfect location. I booked and paid for a 6-8 person mixed dorm, but was upgraded to a 3-person private room at no extra cost. All this during Chinese New Year, when every other hostel I looked at had majorly jacked up their prices. This one didn't, and it was hugely appreciated. If I have to complain about something, let's say...the walls are a bit thin? So you might hear some noise?

Pretty good hostel and value for money. Location was fantastic. Hostels in Hong Kong are by far no way near the standard of most other countries. So you need to limit your expectations. The only issue I had is that our room was not close to the wifi modem on our floor and as a result the wifi was very weak and constantly dropped out. We got cheap SIM cards in HK anyway so wasn't a big issue in the end.

rooms were big for a hostel in hk, toilets were really clean, the only problem was the unstable wifi

a very nice located Hostel. HK is known for being expensive, but this hostel provides a good deal. It is located near causeway bay station, a nice place for shopping and sightseeing. From this hostel you can go to any place in HK by using the MTR, the Ding Ding, the bus or Taxi. I stayed in a double bed room with a friend, it was cosy and clean.

It is quite bad. However, I THINK THAT IT IS STILL OKEI IN COMPARISON TO HK STANDARDS.

I think it was not bad for HK, but still wasn't good. The biggest problem is that this and three other hostels were under different names, but they were all part of Hong Kong Hostel and not Comfort Hostel. the facilities were not good at all, Internet worked only sometimes and there was no cutlery (not even chopsticks)

We really liked staying at Comfort Hostel although we had trouble looking for it during the first time because we didn't know that we had to go to the 3rd floor of the building. The guard couldn't speak English so he wasn't able to help us. Good thing one of the staffs just arrived at the doorstep of the building and guided us to the 3rd floor!

• 3rd Feb 2015
  • Philippines
  • Mixed Group, 41+

A little bit difficult to find, but a cosy little place where to put your head down for the night. Open market really close, 50 m away. Metro and tram near. Good value for money, a quiet place.

• 1st Feb 2015
  • Finland

Our stay in the hostel was really nice! Clean, good atmosphere, super central location in Causeway Bay. It is difficult to use the kitchen if you are European: no pots, no pans...

The ten-bed dorm has a major black mold problem; it was so damp in there that the bedding even felt damp. I got really sick from the mold. The other dorms are okay. Also, the dorms are scattered out in several buildings, so anytime you needed anything at all you had to go to another building down the block to reception. Only a few outlets.If you check out early, the night guy speaks no English. However, it is in a nice area with tons of shopping and restaurants and close to the metro.

the Internet is just a joke...

• 30th Jan 2015

We thought we checked in with comfort hostel but it turned out to be wan fat hostel (we werent told of this) and also our group was split into different rooms even though we booked a room together. Our beds werent made when we arrived and the staff were pretty slow about doing it. The hostel was alright in general but it definitely wasnt a 'comfort' to stay in

• 27th Jan 2015

I was very afraid because of the reviews I had read of HK hostels, but actually I found this one to be very good. The location could not be better, I stayed in a private room with its own toilett that had no probs with hot water or whatever, the staff are not nice, but helpfull (HKners in general are not nice either), everything is tiny, but..its HK! The only bad thing was a hostel blackout last night, but..that can happen everywhere. I'd advice you to stay here.

Pros: Great location, reasonable value for HK Cons: There was a wall directly at the end of my bed so I did have to sleep diagonally to fit; the sound of the plumbing was really loud through the walls; the WiFi was really hit and miss.

Nice and cheap (Hong Kong cheap) we had a bit of a shock coming from Vietnam where hostels are way cheaper and have much better facilities for your money. However beds were comfy and staff helpful. Wifi only works in the reception area and there is only one computer to use.

We upgraded to a three person private room, which was sweet. Comfy beds! Great location for Times Square and is really close to a station

• 17th Jan 2015

Friendly and helpful staff. I had to move to another room, which was a bigger room but I was not charged for the difference. This hostel is not a 'party' place but it is clean and within walking distance of the metro, Victoria Park, and lots of shops and restaurants. I stayed here for a week and it was a good stay. Thanx!

The hostel was average, nothing special and not worth the cost in my opinion. It was too basic for me and for the cost. The staff was helpful and friendly. The facilities were poorly maintained. The hot water and Wi-Fi were very unreliable.

« first « Prev 1 2 3