Comfort Hostel HK Reviews

A1, 9/F, 47 Paterson Street, Causeway Bay, Hong Kong, Hong Kong

Pros: good atmosphere, comfortable beds, access to towels and internet included. Cons: wifi connection pretty bad at peak hours, and there seems to be no set room price. When I wanted to extend my stay, they told me a much higher price than I paid online. They did not believe me when I said what I'd paid, and refused to match it (it was a weekday so there was no increased weekend rate). Eventually I just moved to another place because I could not afford the 'new' price.

Spent 4 nights here in March 2015. Not the easiest place to find, the address is 47 Paterson, go out Causeway Bay exit E, go left and turn left on the first major street. It's across from the Wellcome Supermarket. Reception is on the 3rd floor, we stayed on the 13th floor. Room had ants. We had to be careful about bringing food back and what we put in the garbage. There was a TV and working mini-fridge. Wifi in the lobby and room. Cheap though so it's a case of get-what-you-pay-for.

• 18th Mar 2015

The only problem was, the hostel I booked was so busy to keep on satisfying their clients and keeping track of the time of arrival to the time of room availability. They need to improve on having the rooms available upon guests arrival. To summarize it, it is a good experience and the location is what it makes more attracting.

• 15th Mar 2015
  • Philippines

The hostel's location is great. Near almost everything! Just a short walk going to the MTR. Shops are all a few walks away. People on the reception are also very friendly. We just had to move to the other building though. Overall, we had a good stay. It's very cheap so you get what you paid for.

• 13th Mar 2015
  • Philippines

A very good place to stay for every budget traveller. If you are not a fussy type you can just spend a few dollars and stay there at night. Anyway all day long you will be outside the hostel. Place is good for you to just sleep, bath and leave ur belongings. Near to MTR station/ bus stop and foodstall/shops/supermarket Recomemded!

• 13th Mar 2015
  • Philippines

Me and my friend had a really good stay here, it is very easy to find from the airport bus, we had our room upgraded. No complaints. A good meeting area, to pick up travel books and meet other travellers. Great location for MTR also.

• 11th Mar 2015

Location is very great.. Near MTR and near the bus stop. Located at the heart of Causewaybay. Near every retail store and food chains. We had a very nice stay in hongkong and we feel very secure. 24/7 cctv monitoring around the building. Only one staff can understand english though. But all in all we will be staying in the same hostel if we plan to go back there 😄

• 6th Mar 2015
  • Philippines

The best budget place I've ever stayed in Hong Kong.

• 27th Feb 2015
  • Russia

Rates on Weekends are more ex than weekdays ..... Furthermore its not cheap anymore to stay in Backpackers in HK.

Shower wasn't great! Water only stayed warm for 2 minutes - other than that, thanks!

• 21st Feb 2015

The location is really good as it is close to the MTR and bus stops as well as supermarket and cinemas and shopping centres. The room is small but is quite clean and pretty acceptable for this amount of rent. One thing to complain about is you could easily hear people walking outside the corridor and every time when they shut their door I could literally bounce up from my sleep. So I had to put on my earplugs every night to make sure I won't wake up during the night or early in the morning...

Great place! Friendly and helpful staff that do great jobs. They made things easy for me as a new person to Hong Kong. Wish I stayed there longer.

Can't beat the price, and there's no real downside. Excellent atmosphere, 24 hour service, perfect location. I booked and paid for a 6-8 person mixed dorm, but was upgraded to a 3-person private room at no extra cost. All this during Chinese New Year, when every other hostel I looked at had majorly jacked up their prices. This one didn't, and it was hugely appreciated. If I have to complain about something, let's say...the walls are a bit thin? So you might hear some noise?

Pretty good hostel and value for money. Location was fantastic. Hostels in Hong Kong are by far no way near the standard of most other countries. So you need to limit your expectations. The only issue I had is that our room was not close to the wifi modem on our floor and as a result the wifi was very weak and constantly dropped out. We got cheap SIM cards in HK anyway so wasn't a big issue in the end.

rooms were big for a hostel in hk, toilets were really clean, the only problem was the unstable wifi

a very nice located Hostel. HK is known for being expensive, but this hostel provides a good deal. It is located near causeway bay station, a nice place for shopping and sightseeing. From this hostel you can go to any place in HK by using the MTR, the Ding Ding, the bus or Taxi. I stayed in a double bed room with a friend, it was cosy and clean.

It is quite bad. However, I THINK THAT IT IS STILL OKEI IN COMPARISON TO HK STANDARDS.

I think it was not bad for HK, but still wasn't good. The biggest problem is that this and three other hostels were under different names, but they were all part of Hong Kong Hostel and not Comfort Hostel. the facilities were not good at all, Internet worked only sometimes and there was no cutlery (not even chopsticks)

We really liked staying at Comfort Hostel although we had trouble looking for it during the first time because we didn't know that we had to go to the 3rd floor of the building. The guard couldn't speak English so he wasn't able to help us. Good thing one of the staffs just arrived at the doorstep of the building and guided us to the 3rd floor!

• 3rd Feb 2015
  • Mixed Group, 41+

A little bit difficult to find, but a cosy little place where to put your head down for the night. Open market really close, 50 m away. Metro and tram near. Good value for money, a quiet place.

• 1st Feb 2015