Comfort Hostel HK Reviews

A1, 9/F, 47 Paterson Street, Causeway Bay, Hong Kong, Hong Kong

had to book last minute as other plans fell through. hot place in summer but the location is great so close to the subway.

The location is fantastic, the staff were helpful, rooms had everything that you need. Could do with a bar on site but other than that it was nice.

We stayed 5 nights and it was clean. We took a bedroom for 4 people and had an enquire bathroom which was generally clean but had a bit of a gutter smell (not too much of a problem as we just closed the door). The location was good as it's right by causeway bay station and wan chai pier is not too far to take the ferry to kowloon.

• 1st Aug 2015

The rating shows very low but the hostel is decent. I could stay again for the price. Good location, small rooms but it'll do. Bad wifi tho. It's not a typical hostel, more like an apt floor made into hostel rooms.. Aka might be illegal lol

First time I came I was in the same building as the reception and I didn't have WiFi in the room, only in the common room and often it didn't even work there. Second time I was In the other building and there were no problems. Location is top and it's easy to get in touch with fellow travellers! I would recommend this to anyone as you can reach the subway easily, there is a convenience store just opposite and... It's just a great hostel.

Good hostel but the rooms are spread out across different buildings so we never saw the social side of the main building and missed out on the free coffee etc. Would be good to specify to be put in the main block. Wifi is fine and the location was good too. Can't really complain for the price. You can do a lot lot worse than here

I would not stay here again. I was 'upgraded' to a 4 bed dorm with 3 older men. Why did the staff not think that it's unacceptable to put a young solo female with older men? I asked to be put in the room I had booked and it was fine. I was then asked to move to a different dorm by midday. My new room wasn't ready at midday so I waited in reception for over an hour. When I asked if it was ready I was told it had been for half an hour. Why wasn't I told? Staff need more common sense.

Convenient hostel for the fairly expensive Hong Kong. Very well-located close to the train and bus from/to airport. The free coffee should be a bit longer though (it is only from 8 to 10am). Atmosphere is good only in the main building, but completely absent in the other buildings. The staff is very helpful and have very good music. It could be nice to have the PC in English and with keyboards where it is possible to see the letters (otherwise is useless for most people). I recommend this hostel

The place is very clean and, while there is a common area where people meet and drink, the quiet atmosphere of the place means you can have a good rest.

My bestfriend and I booked for an 8-bed room, to our surprise we were sent to a 3-bed room which is so cool! The room was clean, the water was great, the location is perfect — very close to the MTR, bus stop, 7-11, food & shopping areas — plus we have free coffee in the morning. Maybe the hostel's only flaws is their wifi. The internet connection sometimes losses but other than that, we have no complain. We'll definitely go back there! :)

This was a good place to spend a week. It's located very close to a high-end shopping district and to the MTR, which makes transportation very easy. My only concern with my stay was the lack of aircon in the dorm. It had two small units, but they weren't nearly powerful enough to cool off the room! With the heat and humidity of Hong Kong, adequate cooling is definitely needed inside! Overall, I was pleased with my stay!

• 1st Jul 2015

Not bad - the room was nicely air conditioned, dark, and peaceful, and I was upgraded to a smaller dorm without reason. Free coffee and tea all morning, which everyone seemed to take advantage of. But something about the layout of the hot common room was awkward and not conducive to conversation.

Stayed here a couple times, has pretty much your standard HK hostel experience. Our bathroom door was kind of busted but besides that pretty standard.

The location is very handy for the subway and the A11 bus to/from the airport stops just 5 mins around the corner. It is spread over several floors of a tall block called the Paterson building. There are no signs for the hostel outside the building nor are there any in the lift, but another guest directed us to reception on the 3rd floor. The atmosphere in the hostel was great and there were groups/solo travellers. There were also fridges on each floor and free drinking water. Would recommend!

1 2 Next » last »