Comfort Hostel HK Reviews

A1, 9/F, 47 Paterson Street, Causeway Bay, Hong Kong, Hong Kong

Our stay in the hostel was really nice! Clean, good atmosphere, super central location in Causeway Bay. It is difficult to use the kitchen if you are European: no pots, no pans...

The ten-bed dorm has a major black mold problem; it was so damp in there that the bedding even felt damp. I got really sick from the mold. The other dorms are okay. Also, the dorms are scattered out in several buildings, so anytime you needed anything at all you had to go to another building down the block to reception. Only a few outlets.If you check out early, the night guy speaks no English. However, it is in a nice area with tons of shopping and restaurants and close to the metro.

the Internet is just a joke...

• 30th Jan 2015

We thought we checked in with comfort hostel but it turned out to be wan fat hostel (we werent told of this) and also our group was split into different rooms even though we booked a room together. Our beds werent made when we arrived and the staff were pretty slow about doing it. The hostel was alright in general but it definitely wasnt a 'comfort' to stay in

• 27th Jan 2015

I was very afraid because of the reviews I had read of HK hostels, but actually I found this one to be very good. The location could not be better, I stayed in a private room with its own toilett that had no probs with hot water or whatever, the staff are not nice, but helpfull (HKners in general are not nice either), everything is tiny, but..its HK! The only bad thing was a hostel blackout last night, but..that can happen everywhere. I'd advice you to stay here.

Pros: Great location, reasonable value for HK Cons: There was a wall directly at the end of my bed so I did have to sleep diagonally to fit; the sound of the plumbing was really loud through the walls; the WiFi was really hit and miss.

Nice and cheap (Hong Kong cheap) we had a bit of a shock coming from Vietnam where hostels are way cheaper and have much better facilities for your money. However beds were comfy and staff helpful. Wifi only works in the reception area and there is only one computer to use.

We upgraded to a three person private room, which was sweet. Comfy beds! Great location for Times Square and is really close to a station

• 17th Jan 2015

Friendly and helpful staff. I had to move to another room, which was a bigger room but I was not charged for the difference. This hostel is not a 'party' place but it is clean and within walking distance of the metro, Victoria Park, and lots of shops and restaurants. I stayed here for a week and it was a good stay. Thanx!

The hostel was average, nothing special and not worth the cost in my opinion. It was too basic for me and for the cost. The staff was helpful and friendly. The facilities were poorly maintained. The hot water and Wi-Fi were very unreliable.

It is a nice hostel. Our room was in a separate building from the repection whichwas not very convenient. The place is clean and the beds are very comfortable. It is among the cheapest of the nicest hostels in Hong Kong, I would say. Really close to the metro station and has a lot of places to eat close by. Also u can take a bus straight to the airport from around the corner.

very good.. it near shopping district.. easy to find.. and staff is friendly..

• 3rd Jan 2015
  • Indonesia

Fantastic stay, but a bit expensive.

Located at 3min walk for the subway station, many restaurants around. My single room was clean, matelas was soft, room with enought space for 2 peoples. Love the not shared bathroom !

The hostel was fantastic, no complaints whatsoever. Even though I booked for the wrong day and they were full, they still found a place for me to stay. Perfect for New Years in Hong Kong.

Facilities is not bad. Though I selected 8 mix dormitory room, staff changed my room to 4 mix dormitory room. Location is very good, because the hostel is located near Causeway Bay Station.

• 31st Dec 2014
  • South Korea

i like to stay at this place because the process to booked is very simple, kind staff and clean room. Easy to find from MTR Causeway Bay.

Paid for an 8 person room but was moved to a six person room upon arrival. Was a little bit confusing because the reception is on level 3 of one building but the rooms themselves are spread across several different buildings around the area. Staff were happy to provide directions, and are friendly. Great location for anyone that loves their high end shopping. 5min walk from MRT. Coffee/tea area was very small, elevators are also very small (but that is to be expected with HK).Should have lockers

We need to be in harmony with our neighbours and I would hope HostelWorld.com promotes that. Everything about this place is great.

Three of us enjoyed our recent stay at Comfort Hostel HK very much. The location is excellent. My girl went to the common room every night and chatted with some of the travelers from USA, Germany, England.....etc who were very international. It was fun chatting with them while sipping the free flow of coffee and tea. The wifi in our room was very powerful and a hair dryer, refrigerator, drinking water ....were just outside our room which made everything so convenient !! This place is great.