Comfort Hostel HK Reviews

A1, 9/F, 47 Paterson Street, Causeway Bay, Hong Kong, Hong Kong

Hi, First, I enjoyed my stay! There was an air conditioning with was absolutely not an option because of the hell outside. The room was clean and the bed are correct. There is a little effort to do on the bathroome I think. Thoilet was broken and the shower was in the same room. And the last detail, there are no drapes to cover the window (in the room). Otherwise I was in worse hostel in my life! This hostel is Ok...

• 22nd Jul 2014
  • Belgium

the location is good

The best hostel and and area in Hong Kong

• 19th Jul 2014
  • Ukraine

The only slight downside was the shower - broken shower head and hot water ran out very fast. Otherwise very happy with the hostel.

Location was fantastic .. could not have been better. The private room was clean although across the street from the hang out area, so was hard to meet people. The common area was extremely hot and people all there to use internet so not very sociable. Room was air conditioned nicely. Overall , good but lonely in a private room.

Cleanliness of the bed sheets is questionable, the room was poorly maintained with very little lightening. I have concerns about the people staying in this hostel. I have witness guests letting in complete strangers (not acquainted at all) in their rooms, probably in exchange of a service. More alarming, staff allowed a new guest to move in the room at 5am. She made an astounding amount of noise by taking a shower and unpacking. Not respectable to current guests.

• 12th Jul 2014

It is ok. The rooms are ok and the bathrooms are clean. Location is really good. In the middle of Causeway Bay.

Staff was very friendly and welcoming.

• 25th Jun 2014
  • Singapore
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Great location, so convenient.

Receptionists are kindness. But there is a cat which lives in there. So noisy during nights. And kitchen goods are poor.

As a whole, it was quite good except for the kitchen, think it needs some repair as some parts are getting too start rusty. Overall, I really like this place, so convenient and staffs are super nice, helpful and accommodating.

• 13th Jun 2014
  • China

Good hostel. Great location right in the heart of Causeway Bay shopping district. Hot showers, free coffee in the morning, helpful staff. I stayed in an 8 bed dorm, and my one complaint was that the rooms are not in the same building as the reception so there's not really a common area close by to meet people and hang out.

It was my first time staying at a hostel so for the money I would absolutely do it again

• 11th Jun 2014

The internet sucks in the worse way. Because of this people who would probably normally talk to each other don't. Therefore the common room is used to obsessively try and get internet. It doesn't work in most rooms and was intermittent even in the areas that HAD wifi. The people at the front desk, there are two women who are amazing, awesome and super helpful, the guy (who I think owns the place) is grumpy at best and is super direct with a rude tone. The rooms are good and the area is great

I was given a great little single room, that had all the basic facilities. It would've been nice to have been informed in advance that my room would be located in the building on Kingston street (just across Paterson street), mainly because the building where I was did not have its own kitchen, and I had to across for everything. Also, the receptionist in the Kingston street building did not know English and I found it a bit hard to communicate with her.

• 6th Jun 2014
  • India

The location was great and the hostel is pretty lively. The room we got was really tiny, though comfortable. The toilet stopped flushing and the guy at reception told us that it's normal and to just use the shower to flush with - not really a solution and a bit irritating. We also asked for a wake-up visit from the staff when we had to leave for the airport early in the morning - they promised they would make sure we were up, but nobody showed up. The kitchen facilities are also pretty basic.

Great hostel. Really helpful staff. Excellent location. Wifi works well in the reception area (no coverage inside the rooms).

Favorite place to stay in Hong Kong!

• 31st May 2014

Three person room was very small. One staff person was really friendlt, kind, and helpful. The computers are locked which doesn't make sense. The common area has no comfortable seating. At least there is an elevator. There is poor kitchen facility.

Brilliant hostel. Clean, secure, good location, great atmosphere, cheap compared to other hostels. Best thing about the hostel is the reception/common room area as I know that this is very rare in Hong Kong hostels.