ETZzz Hostel Bangkok Reviews

5/3 Soi Ngamduplee, Rama IV Road, Tungmahamek, Sathorn, Bangkok, Thailand

This hostel is pretty good, cheap with knowledgeable staff. However the rooms do not have windows and the lockers are small- can't fit your travel bag. My room was beside the common room and under the roof... which was terrible. People would drink everyday and music would be quite loud. One night I had to go turn the music off at 5AM once everyone had passed out on the couch. They have a great common area, and if you are not on the top floor, you will have a great sleep.

The staff is awesome, so friendly and crazy.

• 25th Sep 2014
  • Spain

Not a bad hostel but not very sociable despite having a cool roof terrace. The WIFI is also hit and miss as it drops off regularly. Location is ok but not too much within a 5 minute walk. Good cheap street food just around the corner though. The silom area (patpong) is just about walkable but you can just take the MRT train there. MRT is really good for seeing the city and connecting to the skytrain. About 80 baht for a taxi to khaosan also.

A nice, relatively new and clean hostel. In a good quiet location, away from the suburbs of sin, but close to anything you might need - restaurants, massages, transport etc. Some rough edges are becoming exposed, as none of the staff seem to be handymen - missing hooks, broken racks, leaking roofs etc. but overall a good stay for a good price.

Everyone seemed quiet at this dorm, but some people prefer that. Bathrooms a little small and dirty but is worth the price. I'd come back again

Good clean hostel. Air conditioned rooms which is a must in Bangkok. A few issues such as overbooking our room and my friends bed being used when we returned home one night. Also decided to attend to our air conditioning unit one morning (it wasn't broke) but not ideal to have staff drilling in your room early morning. Otherwise good crowd, friendly staff and helpful when booking our onward journey

Great staff over at Etzzz!!

• 14th Aug 2014

My base in Bkk. Nice sleep, easy to get everywhere. Staff is very helpful. Nice place to meet other travelers. Would recommend it.

I stayed only a night go catch my flight. Good clean basic hostel with aircon and wifi. Its close to public transport and also right by the cheap local food vendors/shops. Keep in mind the front dresk seems to open at 8am. I came early from an overnight bus but couldnt get in.

First thing,I think that place doesn't have the atmosphere for backpackers,their public area is so small,which makes you wander that is for chatting. So I just stayed one night there.

Just down the road from Lumphini metro station where you can connect to the rest of the city. The dorms are nice, staff really helpful. Good place to stay.

I stayed in ET Zzz twice. All the staff is genuinely friendly, from the front desk to the cleaners. Sam is a specially guy who make friendship with everyone. He is restless finding answers and solution to all your enquiries. I hope he will live in Barcelona one day, as he wish. Everything is cleaned on spot and there are 5 toilets/showers in each floor. Beds are confi. They have a room store where you can leave stuff for 2 weeks (or slightly more, lol).

Staff is super friendly and helpful. They answered all my questions with a smile. Loved getting to talk with them! The location is nice because it's away from the touristy areas. Very close to the metro and amazing street food.

I staid at ETZzz for a couple of nights and it was just awesome! The hostel is well located and it's really big! It's clean and has different things that make everyone's staid very confortable. What I liked the most was the staff. Their are very nice and helpfull. Allways willing to help their guests!!! I really recommend this place to all!

• 3rd Jul 2014
  • Colombia

Amazing hostel with super awesome people running the hostel !Close to the metro, you can easily get downtown or any sky train in just a few stops.Sweet common room great way to meet people and so much cheap just over the road. Not close to Kohsan road which is a awesome thing! One night there you thank god every day your away from that malevolent destructive road...

This was an awesome hostel. I've stayed in hostels all over europe and this was comparable to some of the best I've seen over there. Great rooftop view of the city, right next to the MRT, and super friendly staff. Sam at the desk can speak english very well and was very helpful. The only problem I had was that the toilet in our single room wouldn't flush but there was one right across the hall. great place overall

• 27th Jun 2014

really nice place... and the guys from frontdesk really helpful !!

Really enjoyed my stay here! Lovely top floor hangout area. Great location a 10 mins walk to lots of restaurants. But if you want the staff will always call to order takeout for you! BTS is do close easy to get to airport and train station. Taxi to Don meaung cost us only 180 bht and the guy was happy to go out in the rain at 4am and get us a nice taxi! The staff totally make this place, all awesome and fun, especially Sam. Stayed here twice and will always use this hostel as my Bangkok base

The only thing to improve is to organize some fun activities so that people can socialize more and so the atmosphere would be more enjoyable.

Honestly a great hostel...what made it great was the staff. Located kind of away from touristy areas, but really, that could be a good thing unless you want to constantly be reminded that you're a tourist. The staff was PHENOMENAL!! Especially SAM...bent over backwards (ie called taxis, spent hours trying to find next hostel, took me to buy contact lenses...) to accommodate guests! Great bang for the buck.