El Dorado International Hostel Reviews

Calle 12 # 8-55, San Gil, Colombia

Seriously a great, small and relaxing hostel. Stayed here for 5 nights. The three-bed dormroom functioned as a private room for the two of us and we paid just 15000 each. Just 20 meters from the main square, the location is perfect and the bilingual staff is very kind and they have a lovely dog. In addition there are many possible activities organised by the hostel (extreme sports) and they rent very decent mountainbikes.

• 11th Mar 2015

Wasn't really my place. I was quite tired, when I arrived and the room was facing the common area. In the common area there was music and and a television and for me there was too little opportunity for a quite space. The staff was very friendly though. So for me it wasn't the best place, for others it might well be.

Fabio, Sandra, Luis and the whole family at El Dorado are absolutely wonderful! This hostel really feels like a friends house. It's extremely comfortable and by the 2nd night we felt like we knew everyone staying here and felt secure enough to keep our door open. There are some great communal spaces and a nice kitchen where people often make meals to share at the large picnic table in the main hall. While you're here absolutely do Luis' caving/canyoning/repelling tour! thank you el dorado!!!!

Average facilities, but in a great location with super friendly and helpful staff who can help you organise any activities you may want to do in San Gil. A very relaxed and pleasant place to stay.

It's a good hostel in an excellent location

Staff are very kind and work hard to keep the place quiet at night.. difficult as there´s a club nearby at least on weekends.

My favourite hostel in Colombia. The staff are wonderful and the atmosphere is cosy and relaxed. The facilities are great; really fast wifi, hot showers (a luxury when travelling!), well-equipped kitchen, relaxing outdoor space, and it is always really clean. They also run the canyoning/caving activity which is so much fun. The location is perfect; a one-minute walk from the main square, and next to the best restaurants in San Gil. I would certainly recommend a stay in El Dorado!

Great place! Perfect location and staff was super helpful. Hostel also offers great excursions!

• 4th Nov 2014