El Dorado International Hostel Reviews

Calle 12 # 8-55, San Gil, Colombia

The best hostel ever! Originally I booked 2 nights but eventually stayed 6. It was the first hostel where I felt at home and where I was able to get a good night's sleep because it was really quiet and peaceful at night. They offer a wide range of amazing outdoor activities, like canyoning which in fact includes 3 other activities (caving, abseiling, waterfall jumping). Time and money well spent! The staff speak English and they are very friendly and helpful. 100% recommended!!!

• 23rd Jan 2016
  • Czech Republic

I had a great stay at this hostel, it is probably the best i have seen on Colombia, the location is good as it is only a 2 minutes walk to the main plaza, the staff at the hostel are very helpful, most of them speaking good english, i did the canyoning activity which they recommended and it was amazing. overall i would stay here again with no doubt

• 14th Jan 2016

Really great staff who helped us out with arranging paragliding etc. But unfortunately the dorm was too hot, bad sleep cause of a lack of fresh air in the room since there's no windows. On the other side the staff offered us another dorm but we've decided to move to another place. To conclude, the staff is really great and felt sorry that we had to leave for the above given reason...

• 2nd Jan 2016

Dear Guest, sorry to hear about your inconvenience with the room but That the reason We changed to the room with window but you still want to leave.We have very high standards but the rooms witout windows We cant do anything. Hope we get a 2nd chance

The hostel was not clean and the rooms felt like jail cells (tiny with no windows). The central lounge areas were limited and unattractive, and there is no place to buy a cold drink on the premise (also no alcohol allowed in). We left after only one night to change hostels that is how little we enjoyed this place. On the upside, the locations is excellent, they provide free coffee, and the staff was gracious when we decided to check out early.

• 31st Dec 2015

We are really sorry that you feel this way about our hostel, we do believe however that some of your comments were innacurate and incosisent with our hostel and other peoples views of it. we feel that our central loungue is well equiped with Blue ray movies, a tv, fans and Wi Fi, plus we have offer cold drinks from a fridge 24 hours a day, plus we dont have any non alcohol allowed policy.

I had the most amazing stay at el Dorado hostal. It's perfectly located near the main square of San Gil, it's very clean and calm, while its a very sociable place and I met lots of wonderful fellow travelers. They have a small backyard with banks, a kitchen and dining table and a 'livingroom' with banks, a hammock and TV with Netflix 🙏🏻❤️. The staff is very helpful and friendly and most speak English and if not they put effort into understanding my requests anyway. They arrange all activities

• 14th Dec 2015

The staff are friendly and can help you book all manner of activities and transport. Great to have Netflix for a quiet night in after a full day of activities, but the hostel has a lights out curfew at 10:30pm, so I felt a little like a child. The 4 bed dorm I was in had no windows or air flow so it was stifling during the night. Good common areas.

I loved my stay in this hostal! it is a very relaxing and quiet place where you can have a break from the busy traveling life. the people here were extremely helpful and very sweet! i would also suggest doing the canyoning here! defo one of my highlights in San Gil!

El Dorado is a chilled out, friendly hostel with excellent facilities including Netflix and a laptop! Staff were knowledgable helpful and really helped us to make the most of our stay in San Gill. We were very happy to extend our stay and highly recommend to others! Thanks again! X

We had a wonderful stay at El Dorado hostel. The staff was very friendly and extremely helpful in making our plans around San Gil. The room was cozy and very clean. The location was perfect , only steps from the main plaza and near lots of restaurants and shops. We would highly recommend staying at El Dorado Hostel.

Outstanding staff and fantastic location. 3 bed dorm had no window and was quite small. Not ideal.

Amazingly helpful staff, especially Phoenix!! Recommend to everyone!

Más como una casa que un hostal. From the moment I arrived I felt immediately at home. The hostel had everything I needed; drinking water, hot shower and a super chilled atmosphere. All of the staff could not do enough for you & made everything easy for me by booking activities (the canyoning was especially fun!), directing me to nearby villages via the local buses & inviting me to practice yoga on a local farm. A great hostel & the central location was an added bonus. Muchas gracias a todo!

Great place to stay! The staff are very welcoming and helpful and the hostel has a very sociable vibe.. Seconds away from the main square so everything is on your doorstep. Bonus points for having Netflix which is great if you are in need of a night in.

• 20th Aug 2015