El Dorado International Hostel Reviews

Calle 12 # 8-55, San Gil, Colombia

Wasn't really my place. I was quite tired, when I arrived and the room was facing the common area. In the common area there was music and and a television and for me there was too little opportunity for a quite space. The staff was very friendly though. So for me it wasn't the best place, for others it might well be.

Fabio, Sandra, Luis and the whole family at El Dorado are absolutely wonderful! This hostel really feels like a friends house. It's extremely comfortable and by the 2nd night we felt like we knew everyone staying here and felt secure enough to keep our door open. There are some great communal spaces and a nice kitchen where people often make meals to share at the large picnic table in the main hall. While you're here absolutely do Luis' caving/canyoning/repelling tour! thank you el dorado!!!!

Average facilities, but in a great location with super friendly and helpful staff who can help you organise any activities you may want to do in San Gil. A very relaxed and pleasant place to stay.

It's a good hostel in an excellent location

Staff are very kind and work hard to keep the place quiet at night.. difficult as there´s a club nearby at least on weekends.

My favourite hostel in Colombia. The staff are wonderful and the atmosphere is cosy and relaxed. The facilities are great; really fast wifi, hot showers (a luxury when travelling!), well-equipped kitchen, relaxing outdoor space, and it is always really clean. They also run the canyoning/caving activity which is so much fun. The location is perfect; a one-minute walk from the main square, and next to the best restaurants in San Gil. I would certainly recommend a stay in El Dorado!

Great place! Perfect location and staff was super helpful. Hostel also offers great excursions!

• 4th Nov 2014

Fabio, Marysol, Sandra, and everyone else make hostel El Dorado an amazing place to stay. Comfy beds (some doubles in dorms) great location, and tons of possible activities make this a great choice for a place to stay in San Gil. I booked for 2 days and spent 6. Hard to make yourself leave. It's close to everything (buses to attractions, great restaurants, cool park) They also have a great farm just outside the city too. The perfect place to stay.