FRESH @ The Green Man, Paddington Reviews

308 Edgware Road, London, England

for young and party people

it would have been eprfect if there was a kitchen, but staff were so helpful in rectifying this problem.... very helpful staff overall... prime location. Excellent spacious dorm and amazing breakfast.

great location, relatively safe, even later at night. Only 15mins walk to Oxford St and hyde park. breakfast was basic (just toast, cereal, coffee & tea) but you are surrounded by a few supermarkets to buy any food you may need. I think the showers have now been fixed on the first floor, and they were great. security boxes were pretty small, but lots available. overall I would recommend this place and consider staying here again.

• 13th Sep 2014
  • Scotland

Really bad hostel..Room stinks staff doesn give a s*** about the hostel,located at the loudest neighbourhood..What i perceived is that this is a place where drunk people that goes to the pub downstairs at night takes a nap..really bad experience..worst hostel that i had in europe..

I really enjoyed my stay. Lovely atmosphere, prime location!

I don't think I could have stayed at worse place if I tried. I'm surprised this hostel is part of a chain. The staff were not that helpful the facilities poor and I'm no princess and have slept in my fair share of dirty places but this was ridiculous!! I would avoid this hostel at all costs. This is also coming from a person who had been to many and I mean many hostels around the world!!!!!

• 16th Aug 2014

poor wifi, many times did not work in the room, got disconnected repeatedly, and also in the downstairs pub it was flimsy. toilet and shower were clean enough and in working condition. atmosphere i would say was pretty cold both by travellers and staff. location is great as pub is right next to underground and busstops. area felt safe enough. pub´s interior was nice.bed was comfy, new clean sheets and all. overall i think price was good but i would rather not stay here again, i did feel awkward

The staff was extremely rude. The Worst hostel ever! We check in in mid night, he let us wait more than 30 minutes. I understand he might be busy and tired, but it's ridiculous for let more than 6 guests waiting without any apology. Instead, he blamed me for not being patient. What a sarcastic joke! 24 hr reception, shame on U! Friends were in different rooms, mixed, smelly, no icy! Only one shower room for all! Terrible and horrible experience. However, the boy on the morning of 7 Aug was kind

the room is too small and only has one shower room.

With a bit more reliable wifi and more staff to help out down at the bar (people in the bar and people in the hostel shouldn't have to wait for 1 person to serve them all), it would be pretty close to perfect.

This particular hostel is very close to Paddington station, but sits in a very sketchy neighborhood. I didn't feel safe walking back to my hostel after night fall. Also, there were 5 showers for 2 floors, which in itself is a lower number but only 1 was working the 4 days I was here. The 1 shower that worked had a broken shower door, so there was a pool of dirty water accumulating on floor and it was very tricky to not get your stuff to fall in to the dirty cesspool of germs. I would not stay.

Great places to eat on Edgeware Road. Quite close to Kings Cross, Baker St., Hyde Park. Nice it being in a pub. Very hot rooms over the summer - air conditioning would have been nice.