FRESH @ The Green Man, Paddington Reviews

308 Edgware Road, London, England

The hostel is ok, the security is not very good, some of the lockers were not working. The breakfast was good. But don't forget to bring your passasport, because they will ask for it!

• 21st Feb 2014

the rooms are very small and dark, the bathrooms aswell, the bar downstairs is very comfortable. most staff seems to be nice, but not very motivated. the breakfast contains tea, "cereales" and toast, may be enough for many people- for me it isnt. while i was staying there my room was always dark so when i was changing and sorting my stuff i needed to sit in the tiny and not so clean corridor. after all i was happy to switch hostel.

Fantastic location right next to Edgware tube on the Bakerloo line, easy to get to Oxford St or to Piccadilly and SoHo. Obviously you get what you pay for, breakfast was nothing special but good enough. Biggest problem was the disgusting state of the toilets, they seemed to be cleaned perhaps once a day, the guests were pigs and it was common to find pee or worse on every seat.

Wifi wasn't working at the time and i was assigned to a 9 bed dorm instead of the 6-bed i reserved (apparently hostelworld's fault). Extremely cramped rooms. Friendly staff and good location..

This is a great place if you just need a bed, it's good value and free breakfast. But our 6 bed (with 2 triple bunk beds) was tiny and because of the bar downstairs there is no common room. There are no key cards meaning you need a code for the doors which can be difficult

Great location, free breakfast is a plus. The pub does good food. Not much space in the room. Wifi wasn't working while I was there unfortunately.

Stayed in the hostel for 4 nights. Location on Edgware Road was excellent as major buses from Oxford Street and Soho area pass by and it's a 10 minute walk to Paddington Station. The pub downstairs seemed pretty cosy though i didn't really have much time to check it out. Staff were friendly and toilet was relatively clean. I would say though, in my dorm, the bed was awfully hard and "springy", if that makes sense. but besides that minor detail, it's great! would definitely recommend it! :)

i will come back in future at this place.Hostel is what i need.

Great location, nice staff, clean rooms and cool price. What else?

• 16th Jan 2014
  • Ukraine

Very unfriendly and not so clean!

Liked it here - seems to be quite popular, and booking in advance is the way to make sure you get a spot, on popular nights of the week anyway. Like the no age limit of this hostel as well.

I just think that sandwuich & pizza is not enough for food to be selled. More option for food.

Beds don't have individual sockets. Come on, how I'm supposed to charge my phone? And the sockets that I've found are: far way of the beds and some times inaccessible... The showers are just ridiculous. 4 shower to 40 people? But the worse part is that almost every one of then is broken.

For the price we paid I think everything was great. The only flaw would be that there was no place to securily store our big suitcases, apart from one storege downstairs where everybody seemed to have access to. All in all, a great stay and very nice location.

• 19th Dec 2013
  • Poland

This was definitely one of the better hostels that I have used in London and it is very conveniently placed for the City Centre. The breakfast is exceptionally handy and the staff are always helpful.

You get what you pay. Including very friendly stuff :)

Great price for what you get compared to many other London hostels I've stayed at. Breakfast was pretty ave but free so can't complain. Some of the showers were a bit mank.

Overals pretty average hostel and what you'd expect - good value for money. Although very surprised that there was no kitchen - that for me is a standard hostel requirement which is the difference between a hostel and a hotel so glad we weren't staying longer.

• 11th Dec 2013

I don't know if all hostels in London are like this, but this was the lousiest one I've ever seen. The 9 people mixed dorms had 3-storey beds and the bed above my one was so low, that I wasnt able to sit on bed. There were also no chairs for sitting down. There was only one power socket for charging. In 3rd floor shower, the water was boiling hot. There were no towels for rent, they just sell them. The breakfast was really simple. No place for luggage in the room, they had to be kept in cellar.

• 9th Dec 2013
  • Finland

Noisy bar downstairs but you should know that if you read the location description. The staff at 7:30 am was friendly. It's peaceful first thing! Nice coffee tea etc. LOTS of stairs and they are very narrow. The bathrooms very small. One at the mirror at a time. I had a room with a group of young Aussies and there didn't seem like a lot of room for bags. Only one electrical outlet in the sleeping room. The staff didn't know if there was a drug store nearby: it was 2 minute walk away!