FRESH @ The Green Man, Paddington Reviews

308 Edgware Road, London, England

Good location in terms of easy access to public transport, very noisy at night so dont expect to get any sleep as located on a busy main road with lots of sirens. No common area so you find yourself just sitting in the pub downstairs. Breakfast average as are most hostels. Bathrooms very small but are clean. Rooms cramped and nowhere to out your bags in your rooms. I have stayed in many hostels in London and there are better ones than this for the price .

I've found the hostel i want to stay every time I'm in London. The staff is great, super friendly. The hostel is right next to a tube station and a Barclays Bicycle station. The lobby is the bar or the bar is the lobby, I haven't figured that one out yet.

This is a nice little hostel in a great location. It's above a bar, but you can't hear any noise from the rooms. The staff are very friendly. The only tiny complaint I have is that the plug sockets are not accessible from most beds, but apart from that I really liked this place and would go back again, definitely.

Above-par hostel, rather clean, secure and in a convenient location. The excellent pub on the ground floor has great food and a nice vibe. Dorms are a bit cramped, but that's the rule in hostels.

• 23rd Nov 2013

I just love your hostel.

Very nice hostel, the ubication is perfect and the staff is really nice, also they have breakfast for free from 7 to 9 am, although i think they should keep it until 10 am. The bar is really great and they have live music on Thursdays. The bathrooms are kind of small when you're trying to dress up, but there's a really big bathroom in the second floor. I really enjoyed my stay there

• 18th Nov 2013
  • Mexico

staff were nice, room and bed was good but couldnt bring food and no hot water was weird for a hostel. others were fine.

Good stay there, where I found what I was looking for. Well situated, well organised, good staff. No particular disappointment. I just imagined more people staying in the bar on the ground floor, but maybe it was due to the period (mid-November). Thank you for this short but appreciated stay!

• 16th Nov 2013

No hostel atmosphere nor commom area. There're just rooms over a pub/burguer place. The pub it self looks nice and the burguer are delicious, but... Bottom bed is on floor level, lockers boxes available in the rooms only work with their own lockers, showers are bad, breakfast is served at the pub, there are awful narrowed stairs to climb to the rooms. You have to memorize two big door codes to get to the hostel "area" and to you dorm. One member of the staff is kind of rude. The others are nice.

Always great to stay at Green Man, I always recommend it to friends, Do not expect hotel services though, as it is a hostel on the top of a pub, so it's perfect if your aim is to have a comfortable night of sleep and breakfast, but spend the day out.

I really hate my stay in this hostel and it was the worse I've ever been. The wi-fi didn't work well; there is a pub/bar on the ground floor playing loud music until late; there isn't a kitchen or any place to eat or drink something (they hope you eat or drink just at their bar); the 9 people room is terrible: small, smelly and the beds aren't secure; the toilets and shower was dirty all the times I used them. I would never stay in there again and I won't recommend it to anyone.

Comfiest beds I slept in my entire trip. Cheapest hostel for London and although it is cramped and the bathrooms are below average it is good value for money.

The bathrooms are super small and very very very dirty. No one cleaned them for 3 days while i was there. I suggest the hostel sets some rules like 'clean the sink after you use it' because there was a lot of hair in the sinks.

1 2 Next » last »