Fernloft City (Chinatown) Reviews

Blk 5 Banda Street #02-92, Singapore, Singapore

the dormitory was way too cold (air con too cold and not ajustable) and full of mosquitos. Morevover, it was quiete smelly.

• 26th Feb 2014

Super nice host! Bring your own padlock as there are big lockers! Felt so safe and secure.

• 26th Feb 2014

This place is horrible. The air condition unit was defective/not functional. Only electric fans were used:-(. The lady was not friendly, she's like an old maid scaring our kids because she got angry when the kids played. Service was really poor. Our Singapore escapade could have been perfect, if only we chose a place to stay other than this. Definitely not recommendable, and definitely, i'll not be coming back to this place.

• 23rd Feb 2014
  • Philippines

I am sorry for the inconvenient wth the aircon upon your arrival but we did have it fix and as stated on website we do not accept children below 12 and went you arrived was suprised you have a child with you but l politely told you about it and i bought chocolate for the children that l was happy that they are nice ones, the next day. i am sorry if you misunderstood my kindness to a old maid scaring kids. If l did offend you in any way lm sorry,hopes to see you again! Thank you

My special one now not only my Mum,I have another zone Mum who is Auntie Ainie. Lovely,enjoyable,caring person and surprisingly she is as same age as my Mum. Terima kasih Auntie n Fernloft Chinatown for warm welcome and hospitality. Keep contact. Thanks Love,Victor from Indonesia

Staff was AWESOME. She cooked dinner for the guests for free and it was tasty. She also cleaned EVERYDAY. Location is five minute walk from subway station and several attractions. Comfortable bed, air conditioning and fans, patio to sit and enjoy the view of the city. Great Place.

feels like home... the bed is comfortable... the toilet n shower is clean the breakfast delicious... the owner is so nice... very recomended note: you have to bring your own lock... good policy :)

Auntie that runs the place great! The breakfast is simple but does the job. Awesome location, right next to the Buddha Tooth Relic Temple.

Upon arrival our local friends who helped us there was shooed away, couldn't stay there while we checked in. the lady working there then didn't have change, so owed me 4.5 SGD which she forgot about. When I asked at check in, she asked for the amount, and shortchanged me for 10 cents and gave me a random token meter coin instead?? The place works fine as a bed, but there's only like 3 chairs outside, so don't count on relaxing there. internet is a really really bad 3G modem, doesnt always work.

very good location. The stuff is like mommy. But Chinatown is too China for me so i moved in another hostel.

Thank you for your feedback was a pleasure having you stay with us,hopes to see you again someday. Regards, Aunty Aini

We loved Auntie Aini. She was so helpfull, nice and funny. Auntie we still need that recipe for your chicken curry, if you could send it to me would be very gratefull. Also she is known everywhere we went, legend. There is a computer which is free to use, Maxwell food court is opposite, which was a god send for late night food. Not far from an MRT (underground train). As a starting point for our travels I couldn't ask for much more.

• 15th Jan 2014
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Love you both too,sure will send you the recipes soon, do take care and keep in touch!! Lots of love, Aunty Aini

Absolutely loved Aunty Ainee - it wouldn't have been half as good without her there - the most caring, hospitable hostess I've ever come across.

• 12th Jan 2014

Thank you dear, Was a pleasure knowing you,and thank you again for the nice feedback,do keep in touch and till we meet again take care! Love, Aunty Aini

This is an awesome place to stay!! In the middle of Chinatown the location is amazing, really the place to be and the owner Aunty Aini is so nice!! I really recommend this hostel

Amazing hostel, the best one I ever stayed at, auntie aini made me feel so at home and she showed me how to cook curry ins rice cooker :))) would always go back and recommend to anyone :)

Thanks dear ,Hopes to see you again. Till then do take care and be happy always! Love, Aunty Aini

i had lost when looking this hostel but the aunty give us good service...she had very nice with us. save location to walking at midnight.

Thank you for your feedback surely looking forward to see you again,till thn take care!! Love, Aunty Aini

this hostel is very small but cute. auntie (it's how we called the lady working there) is very nice, helpes you out when you have questions and treates you like her children :) (at least in our case). the breakfast was only toast butter and jelly, but it seeams to be common in asia. however, which i didnt like was the fact that there is only one toilett and two showers for a place with 16 beds. sometimes i had to wait for the potty which feels like hours when you have to go.

Because this hostel is part of a franchise, this hostel is listed as having the same amenities as all the other Fernloft City hostels in Singapore. This is not the case. The amenities differ from site to site and I wish that had been made clear on the website, as I likely would have chosen somewhere else to stay.

Great location. Chilling area outside. Wifi working great. Beds are really comfy. Thanks for the good times Cheers

Close to Chinatown and subway station. The staff also sleeps in the dorm, sometimes in a dorm bed, sometimes seperated by a curtain. There is not much else then shower, dorm and some outside chairs for breakfast, which is very basic by the way. toast, tea/coffee. It's not bad if youre out all day/night and just sleeping there. but still a bit expensive for only that.

The best hostel i've been since a long time the staff is just lovely and will warm you up the location is perfect right on the middle of Chinatown love it love it I just spend 2 night there but next time i will travel to singapore i will go there for sur you gonna love it Alexandre -France

• 28th Nov 2013

Thank you dear, Looking forward to see you again and i like to take the opportunity to wish you both a Merry Christmas & Happy New Year! Love, Aunty Aini

Great location - near hawkers/ food centres,and mrt. Auti Aini was really helpful and she really takes care of her guests. At one point, she even let us taste her homecooked meal and it was good. Will definitely consider coming back here in the future. Thanks Aunti Aini.. :)