Flying Pig Beach Hostel Reviews

Parallel Boulevard 208, 2202H2, Noordwijk, Amsterdam, Netherlands

Great hostel. I loved being able to have a few days outside of the city, but you can take the shuttle into Amsterdam cheaply and its only 40 minutes away. The beach and the sand dunes are absolutely gorgeous, as is the quaint little town. The atmosphere was amazing, I met so many great people, many of whom I will be staying in touch with. The smoking room and back balcony provide an excellent place to chill out with friends. The staff is excellent, and they hang out with you and are sick!

• 29th May 2014

The staff and the atmosphere of this place is amazing. You meet so many amazing people including Dutch locals. They make you feel like family which makes you not want to leave. Great for travelers looking to get out of the excitement of Amsterdam. Far from the city center, but theres a lot to do right where you are. Highly recommend this place. Shout out to the staff and especially Ed for holding true to his promise. Hope to see you guys soon

• 28th May 2014

It's a nice place to stay at, although I did a reservation for a room of 7 and they put me in the biggest one, that one was not very clean because of the amount of people staying there. It's Netherlands so it smells like marihuana all the time and everyone is smoking, it's a bit far from the city but it is close to the beach and that makes up for being far

good vibes. cool place. not dt Amsterdam but in a groovy little beach town with a cheap 40 min shuttle.

• 26th May 2014

We had a fantastic stay at the Flying Pig Beach Hostel. The staff was great and welcoming and made you feel like you were a part of their little family. Ed the bartender was so sweet. The location is great--the beach is so close! We rented bikes and rode around town and the nature trail that is very close to the hostel. The second day it rained, but it was fine because there are so many things to do in the hostel. We played beer pong and cooked for each other and laughed. I loved it!

Super friendly and chill atmosphere, made some awesome friends while here that I will continue to keep in touch with. Great hostel! Would totally recommend for people looking to meet some other cool guys and girls and to enjoy the beach in a more remote small town part of the Netherlands

Awesome hostel, great atmosphere, super chill, and any hostel with a bar AND happy hour is pretty high on my list. Great staff, beautiful location, not very close to Amsterdam, but a perfect place for a cheap break from the crazy backpacking life. Really loved the communal breakfast table. Instant friend-maker. Well done.

Amazing hostel! Stayed in the 22 bed dorm and it felt like a big family! The staff was awesome, so friendly and helpful! Shuttle service into Amsterdam was really helpful as well.

The atmosphere of this hostel is good. There staff there is working for their accomodation, which makes them kind of travellers as well. A very nice, tranquil neighbourhood and a nice beach for watching sunset. The facilities around is good(a big supermarket). It is a bit far from Amsterdam though. They should provide shuttle bus for free(rmb to make a reservation, the capacity is pretty small, only around 8 ppl). Also, if you r staying there, pay a visit to Leiden. It is close and really nice.

I've been to 4 different hostels in Amsterdam and this is by far the cleanest and most comfortable you will find. Although it is a 30min drive to the city centre, we had a car anyway so I'm not sure how their shuttle system works.

• 14th May 2014

We really enjoyed our stay in our hostel. The location is great and the staff was really nice. We loved it =)

Best hostel I've stayed at so far, so darn fun! The staff rock!

• 10th May 2014

Had an amazing the experience there. The staff made it all happen. Lots of fun, very inclusive. Wish every hostel was like this one.

If you book this hostel, you'll spend more money to travel from Amsterdam to there. The room is very near the bar, so there are many noises. But if you are very tired after one day full of traveling, these noises are not problems for you. I don't recommend.

• 9th May 2014
  • Vietnam

Hi, did you know we have a shuttle service in and out of the city centre 4 times a day. Next time you can reserve a spot on the shuttle trough our reception :) Sorry for the noise, most of our guest like to party and for the ones that do not like it we have also more quit rooms and we provide free earplugs for anybody that cannot sleep easily in a dorm room. Hope to see you next time and do not hesitate to come to the reception with your enquiries or complaint

Lovely hostel, nice to get away from the city. Great staff and awesome vibe! Beach decor was lovely, laidback atmosphere was great for jamming, singalongs and making friends. The bar was fun. The beach is a short walk but not much to do in the beach town on a rainy day. The shuttle service to Amsterdam for 4 euros each way is a good deal.

Being an extremely last minute booking, we can not thank Ed and the team enough for squeezing us in. This hostel has one of the best atmospheres and you will feel at home immediately! Perfect spot right by the beach, and the easiest shuttle service to get into Amsterdam! Yummy breakfast as well :) thanks again for everything!

Okay, so I liked my time at the beach pig, it is very relaxed and the perfect place to drink and smoke with like-minded travellers and easy goin staff. But I have nitpicks, there was a mouse in my room, which I kind of don't care about personally, but is kind of bad. The lockers in the rooms were pathetically small. Also, though the staff were always nice and fun, I did feel a bit like they just wanted to bum around and party rather than run a hostel. The locals at the bar were cool though!

Hands down the happiest place on Earth! A lot more laid back than Amsterdam, but still always enough going on both inside and outside the hostel. I drop by the Pig whenever I get a chance (if only to say hello) and the staff and guests are always amazing, now arrivals instantly become part of the Piggy family. Just don't plan too much for the days after you check out, because you will not want to leave!

• 4th May 2014

One of the funnest hostels I've stayed at - would definitely recommend it for the atmosphere!

• 4th May 2014

Really great staff setting up games and themed nights. Also, the hostel had a chilled atmosphere where everyone got to know each other.