Flying Pig Beach Hostel Reviews

Parallel Boulevard 208, 2202H2, Noordwijk, Amsterdam, Netherlands

The beach wasn't nearly as nice as I expected but a nice escape from Amsterdam

Great hostel and staff. The only downside is the location. It's about an hour by shuttle to and from Amsterdam. Great atmosphere though. Would stay here again.

Nice hostel with a great atmosphere. I booked a night here after a few nights in Amsterdam and I liked it so much, I stayed the next night too! The energy is great, lots of young people having a good time. Not a good place if you're a light sleeper.

Even though it is 40mins away from downtown it was one of my best hostels so far! Right near a beach so you can go out have a few beers, build sand castles and tan. The atmosphere was amazing! Met so many people and a dj every Thursday with beer pong and a smoke room. And a shuttle too and from the city center multiple times a day!

Great hostel if you want to stay out of the city and chill out. Fun and friendly staff, god atmosphere for meeting people and hangin' out. Rooms, bathrooms and kitchen were all clean and comfortable.

Great place to stay, its away from all the hectic crowds in Amsterdam. The city of Leiden near bye is just as good. Staff are awesome and they hard to keep the whole place clean and functional. All the staff are so polite and would have stayed longer if there was a room available. Thanks guys!

This is a good alternative to the expensive inner city hostels, just make sure you book your shuttle fast! There is not much to do in Noordwjik, and the hostel does a great job of making up for that with a late happy hour, pool table and smoking area. The security is a bit low as our hostel room door didn't shut or lock properly, and there were times I talked to people who just come in to drink. The staff were all excellent and friendly, I had a great time here

I have mixed feelings. The atmosphere is great, everyone hangs out and parties at night, the staff is super friendly and although the hostel is out of the city, it is right by the beach! On the other hand, the staff stay at the hostel, they gossip about each other constantly, it's like high school. I was also woken up twice in one night by drunk staff members, the first one because she drank too much and was going to be sick and the next was screaming so loud at some guy for being too drunk.

Staff was great! Very helpful. The location is okay because theres not a lot to do in Noordwijk but it was a nice place to chill ans relax. The bathrooms were a little messy but not disgusting and the bar was cheaper than the other Flying Pigs.

We were there only one night after a few days in Amsterdam, we were hoping to relax at the beach but the weather didn't cooperate. The Flying Pig was a good place to relax, the security was good, there were lockers in the room and the bed was comfortable! No complaints about this hostel, and I would stay there again in the summer!

Amazing! I wish I could've stayed longer. The sand dunes and beach were beautiful. The people were so inviting and I loved my stay here. Highly recommend!!!!!!

Not located within Amsterdam but definitely an excellent fun hostel to stay at with great staff!

Didnt realise there was more than one flying pig hostel derrrp...This ones on the coast! Its a fair way from city centre and will cost you a few euros and 1.5 hr drive each time u head in. Beautiful area, heaps of cafes/restaurants/bars etc. Hostel is small, clean enough, staff are very friendly, security is good (key cards for rooms), chiller atmosphere. Id recommend to someone who likes walking along beaches and a quiet night out. *there are no coffeeshops out here* - for u legends. Cheers

Its one of the worst hostel i `ve ever been. I book it thinking about "its only 20 miles from amsterdam" . Thats its not true complitely. Its one hour from amsterdam and you have to take a bus and then a train or a bus 1 hour way. The facilities sucks , the beds and furniture its very old and damage. The Atmosphere its for young people, almost teenagers that goes to that place to "smoke his first weed". Its Pathetic. I will never come back again to this hostel.

This hostel, although fun because of the people I met and the smoking room and bar, was probably the worst hostel Ive stayed at. The staff was kind, but the security was awful. The room I stayed in was about 20 beds and the door to the room was broken. We were given key cards to get into the room but the door was broken so anyone could just walk in. Plus there werent any lockers big enough for my backpack so I had to leave all my stuff out in the open. Would not recommend.

The staff mainly stay at the hostel, so it always looks crowded. The party atmosphere they create however is genuine. It is fun to hang out at the common area at any time of the day.

As others have said, Location is very far from Amsterdam city. That said the hostel is wonderful. There's plenty of activities to do in the surrounding area. This is a smoking hostel so there is almost a constant party. Great lounge areas, just use the wifi from the hotel next door. You can rent a bike from the shop down the street and see the surrounding area or ride it to the train station and take it on an intercity train to Amsterdam where you could ride around for the day.

Important to note that it's about an hour away from Amsterdam using bus+train, might be faster taking their shuttle. However, the location is great if you're looking to relax on the beach. The staff are really chill, which is good for the vibe of the place. However, the lady at the front asked us if we could wait for her shift to end to check in, which seemed a little unprofessional, and we ended up waiting half an hour until we finally got checked in.

This gem is hands down one of the best hostels I've stayed at! Was only supposed to stay a couple nights but ended up staying close to three weeks! With live-in staff who are travellers themselves, they really make it seem like your staying at a friends place rather than a hostel. Great kitchen and grocery store close by. Also close to the ocean and an amazing beach. Surfing lessons close by for 15 euros. If you want a memorable time in Holland your going to want to book here! See you again soon

• 14th Jun 2015

A wonderful hostel set right next to a gorgeous beach. Bathrooms were lovely, the staff were pleasant. As well, they run a shuttle into Amsterdam which is fantastic! One issue I had was the amount of charging points in the rooms. Other than that, it was good!