Flying Pig Beach Hostel Reviews

Parallel Boulevard 208, 2202H2, Noordwijk, Amsterdam, Netherlands

Way away from the city, but great shuttle service

Good price, Very nice and fun!! =) It´s a very simple place... but people are great, very helpful... and getting to Amsterdam is very simple and cheep with their shuttle service.

This was my best hostel experience...the staff is fantastic..all super friendly and helpful. The atmosphere is awesome and the beachy vibes make it a really nice getaway from the city bustle. I'll definitely be back next time I'm travelling in the Netherlands :)

I had an amazing time there ! The staff is really nice and welcoming, we felt like home ! It´s not far from Amsterdam (30 minutes), I highly recommend this hostel !!!

• 21st Jun 2014

Stay here for 2 night in 4 beds dorm in June. We have an alternative holiday in Flying Pig Beach Hostel. Everything was better than my expectation. Clean and nice environment. Bathroom with superb warm water supply. Huge supermarket and the bicycle rent shop are just beside the hostel, I enjoy my holiday here. Also breakfast was provided, nice!! Also shuttle service to Ams is the best!! Must spent 1-2 night here, Noordwijk is excellent!

• 20th Jun 2014
  • Hong Kong

Great place, great people. I loved my stay here, probably the most fun place Ive stayed in Europe overall. I went knowing that it's a big of an ordeal to get to Amsterdam city- if you understand this beforehand, then it's no issue. This is definitely a party hostel and people are there to have a good time. It was loud, raucious, wild, and many other things. Amazingly cool staff. It's far away, it's noisy, it's dingy- but that made it all better. Travelling alone, it was perfect.

Very dirty beds and sheeets (yellow) and smal stinky bathrooms - new shared bathrooms will be better.

• 19th Jun 2014

Fun hostel to stay at, particularly if you enjoy smoking weed. The shuttle for €4 to get there is convenient. If travelling to Amsterdam I would recommended giving this hostel a go for at least 1 night.

We had a great blast at the Flying Pig Beach Hostel, the staff were so cool and great to hang out with and so were the guests. The atmosphere is really laid back and everyone got on with everyone. The beach town that this hostel is in is about one bus and one train journey away from Amsterdam but it provides a very complimentary and different experience of the Netherlands.

• 15th Jun 2014

We arrived a little late and found we had booked the wrong night. The staff were super understanding and found us a bed for the night. They were super friendly and extremely helpful. We weren't there long but it was a great atmosphere.

Location is a bit far out, be very careful with the bus and train times or you'll have to pay €40 for a taxi from Leiden! Lovely hostel though, lovely staff and very easygoing (Emma, Melissa, Rob, etc) would recommend if you want to go to the beach and get out of the centre for a bit :)

This is a great hostel is you're looking for somewhere to relax away from the city. The beach location is ace, but probably wouldn't recommend it if you're looking to explore Amsterdam. Staff were very friendly, but it seemed like there were more staff than guests which gave it a bit of a weird vibe.

It was a great time with friendy staff! From the shuttle service (which I very much appreciate) to the day to day activities and staff members, i really enjoyed my stay. Love the beach!

• 11th Jun 2014

A definite party hostel. 20 miles outside Amsterdam on the beach... Not much else to do in the area, so people are there to party. Beach was amazing. Staff was great... Many of them live at the hostel. Free breakfast was great! $4 shuttle into Amsterdam 4 times a day from the hostel. Rooms are fair... Get hot at night. Showers are cleaned well but by days end the bathrooms get messy. Overall a great spot!

ok to be honest, this hostel depends on what you are headed to the beach for. If your going to chill out and relax this hostel is good, but if your headed to enjoy your night and drink/smoke you'll have a blast. It's staff is extremely nice and join in on the fun with everyone. They even stay informed of local events so you might just get to crash a concert on the beach. Amazing place, can't wait to return

As soon as you arrive at the flying pig you are welcomed into a big family. Relaxed and fun atmosphere. Great for young travelers. The staff are welcoming and great at making sure everyone is having a good time. You won't want to leave. I will defiantly be returning to the flying pig.

• 7th Jun 2014

This is by far the best hostel I have stayed in, in Europe. Chill environment and awesome staff. Seriously felt at home within minutes of being here! It's it the perfect location. I stayed in the 28 bed dorm, super spacious and well thought out. HIGHLY recommended.

To me this is what a hostel should be, most of the staff working there because they love being there, so there's a really laid back atmosphere, the staff are very willing to help and organise things for the guests. It's a lively hostel with great smoking area and outside terrace, I wish we could have stayed longer, but it is expensive but for being beside the beach it is worth it. It was clean and the kitchen was good with food available to buy and a bar. Would definitely recommend.

I had an unreal time at the Flying Pig! Heard great things about the downtown hostels too. Obviously the location isn't ideal if you plan to spend a lot of time in the city, but the shuttle service they operate is cheap and quick. In a way, it was great to have a place to crash when I first started travelling, so I enjoyed not being right in the middle of the city. Spent two nights up until 6am in the smoking area making friends - much better! Amazing staff too, helpful in a tricky situation ;)

Staff was incredibly friendly and worked hard to make sure that everyone had a great time. Not that it's too hard in a surf shack on the beach in Holland. Pretty much as great as it sounds