Flying Pig Beach Hostel Reviews

Parallel Boulevard 208, 2202H2, Noordwijk, Amsterdam, Netherlands

This is by far the best hostel I have stayed in, in Europe. Chill environment and awesome staff. Seriously felt at home within minutes of being here! It's it the perfect location. I stayed in the 28 bed dorm, super spacious and well thought out. HIGHLY recommended.

To me this is what a hostel should be, most of the staff working there because they love being there, so there's a really laid back atmosphere, the staff are very willing to help and organise things for the guests. It's a lively hostel with great smoking area and outside terrace, I wish we could have stayed longer, but it is expensive but for being beside the beach it is worth it. It was clean and the kitchen was good with food available to buy and a bar. Would definitely recommend.

I had an unreal time at the Flying Pig! Heard great things about the downtown hostels too. Obviously the location isn't ideal if you plan to spend a lot of time in the city, but the shuttle service they operate is cheap and quick. In a way, it was great to have a place to crash when I first started travelling, so I enjoyed not being right in the middle of the city. Spent two nights up until 6am in the smoking area making friends - much better! Amazing staff too, helpful in a tricky situation ;)

Staff was incredibly friendly and worked hard to make sure that everyone had a great time. Not that it's too hard in a surf shack on the beach in Holland. Pretty much as great as it sounds

No, it's not in the heart of Amsterdam but once you arrive there you don't really want to leave. The staff are welcoming and create a family atmosphere where you can chill out with people from all walks of life. Truly a unique hostel experience. Thanks piggies!!!

• 2nd Jun 2014

I really enjoyed my stay at this hostel. It was clean, really awesomely decorated , breakfast was great, and the staff was friendly and helpful. The only things I rated lower for were the location (quite far from Amsterdam, but the beach is really nice!) and the atmosphere. When we were staying there, there were a bunch of really bro type guys on a bender that were rude, judgemental, and very very very drunk/intrusive. Oh well, not the hostels fault!

Really lovely atmosphere and close to the sandy beach. Shuttle service is excellent and the staff are super helpful and fun. Nice for a short break away from the busy city and a great price too. Would definitely recommend to anyone travelling through Europe to meet some cool people!!

• 31st May 2014

Great hostel. I loved being able to have a few days outside of the city, but you can take the shuttle into Amsterdam cheaply and its only 40 minutes away. The beach and the sand dunes are absolutely gorgeous, as is the quaint little town. The atmosphere was amazing, I met so many great people, many of whom I will be staying in touch with. The smoking room and back balcony provide an excellent place to chill out with friends. The staff is excellent, and they hang out with you and are sick!

• 29th May 2014

The staff and the atmosphere of this place is amazing. You meet so many amazing people including Dutch locals. They make you feel like family which makes you not want to leave. Great for travelers looking to get out of the excitement of Amsterdam. Far from the city center, but theres a lot to do right where you are. Highly recommend this place. Shout out to the staff and especially Ed for holding true to his promise. Hope to see you guys soon

• 28th May 2014

It's a nice place to stay at, although I did a reservation for a room of 7 and they put me in the biggest one, that one was not very clean because of the amount of people staying there. It's Netherlands so it smells like marihuana all the time and everyone is smoking, it's a bit far from the city but it is close to the beach and that makes up for being far

good vibes. cool place. not dt Amsterdam but in a groovy little beach town with a cheap 40 min shuttle.

• 26th May 2014

We had a fantastic stay at the Flying Pig Beach Hostel. The staff was great and welcoming and made you feel like you were a part of their little family. Ed the bartender was so sweet. The location is great--the beach is so close! We rented bikes and rode around town and the nature trail that is very close to the hostel. The second day it rained, but it was fine because there are so many things to do in the hostel. We played beer pong and cooked for each other and laughed. I loved it!

Super friendly and chill atmosphere, made some awesome friends while here that I will continue to keep in touch with. Great hostel! Would totally recommend for people looking to meet some other cool guys and girls and to enjoy the beach in a more remote small town part of the Netherlands

Awesome hostel, great atmosphere, super chill, and any hostel with a bar AND happy hour is pretty high on my list. Great staff, beautiful location, not very close to Amsterdam, but a perfect place for a cheap break from the crazy backpacking life. Really loved the communal breakfast table. Instant friend-maker. Well done.

Amazing hostel! Stayed in the 22 bed dorm and it felt like a big family! The staff was awesome, so friendly and helpful! Shuttle service into Amsterdam was really helpful as well.

The atmosphere of this hostel is good. There staff there is working for their accomodation, which makes them kind of travellers as well. A very nice, tranquil neighbourhood and a nice beach for watching sunset. The facilities around is good(a big supermarket). It is a bit far from Amsterdam though. They should provide shuttle bus for free(rmb to make a reservation, the capacity is pretty small, only around 8 ppl). Also, if you r staying there, pay a visit to Leiden. It is close and really nice.

I've been to 4 different hostels in Amsterdam and this is by far the cleanest and most comfortable you will find. Although it is a 30min drive to the city centre, we had a car anyway so I'm not sure how their shuttle system works.

• 14th May 2014

We really enjoyed our stay in our hostel. The location is great and the staff was really nice. We loved it =)

Best hostel I've stayed at so far, so darn fun! The staff rock!

• 10th May 2014

Had an amazing the experience there. The staff made it all happen. Lots of fun, very inclusive. Wish every hostel was like this one.