Flying Pig Beach Hostel Reviews

Parallel Boulevard 208, 2202H2, Noordwijk, Amsterdam, Netherlands

Awesome place, the staff were helpful, and the nearby beach was beautiful. Getting into Amsterdam and any other town was easy, but fairly expensive. I would recommend the hostel to anyone looking to stay near Amsterdam.

• 16th Oct 2013
  • Scotland

Great place, awesome atmosphere, good times and good people. Highly reccomended.

Staff AWESOME!!!!!

• 9th Oct 2013

If you're looking for a place away from the hustle and bustle of the big city then this is it! An easy commute into Leiden or Amsterdam. I highly reccomend it to anyone who loves to socialize, toke, smoke or just have a brew with some new faces. The beach and the sand dunes are very close and a must see! I stumbled upon this hostel by mistake and Im very glad I did. The staff are like a big family and they make you feel apart of that while you're there. Everyone's Flying High at the Flying Pig!

• 7th Oct 2013

The Flying Pig is a good place where you can stay in Noordwijk. It is very near beach and its atmosphere is great. You can arrive there direct from the Schiphol airport. If you want to visit Noordwijk and its around, the Pig is a very good option.

• 6th Oct 2013
  • Spain

A great hostel by it's own right, capturing the great atmosphere of the renown Flying Pig legacy from Amsterdam, it also provides a great point to venture from to travel around south-western Netherlands via public transportation or just savor the beautiful countryside of the local area (including the famous flower fields between Haarlem and Leiden). Awesome staff and atmosphere, helpful and fun. Very much recommended in general and especially for those who want to see more than just Amsterdam.

Very nice atmosphere, helpful staff and nice neighbours

Fun party hostel, but the large dorm room is quite smelly! Said there were lockers but only a small safe box. Shuttle to the city is a nice option and cheap. Staff is pretty cool. Nice common area but rooms could use a little work.....

Great staff. Chilled out place. Not the place to stay if you're planning to spend most of your time in Amsterdam. But awesome if you want relax in a beach environment.

It was so much fun. The flying pig beach hostel is the BEST! We had so much fun there. And the staff are exellent.

• 19th Sep 2013
  • Slovenia

The staff is great! It was cold and windy during the time i was there on the beach but hanging inside with the staff was a lot of fun. There is a shuttle service that brings you to Amsterdam. The hostel is a party place. I would def go back and stay here again when it's a lot warmer

Fun hostel. People would arrive and not leave the place. Not me though. Cool place to meet people from all over.

• 14th Sep 2013

It was awesome, provided great services and all the staff were lovely :)

Brilliant location the beach is amazing, the hostel is well cool, your stay will be a relaxing one

the stay was great at the flying pig, nice for a beach holiday and nice for amsterdam. we ve been there the third time and loved it. the pub is great and the breakfast tasty. we ll go again. martina

Fun hostel! There was a great vibe going on with a very social atmosphere. The bar was fun at night but not too wild so it was perfect for me. Really close to the beach! Showers were nice. It was worth the trek out there. Would recommend if you want a chill night away from the city.

While I was at first concerned about the shear amount of unicorns and rainbows, I eventually got used to it. One morning I even met a leprechaun who had a pot full of green gold. It was fantastic!

• 5th Sep 2013

Flying Pig Beach Hostel was awesome! We started our trip out here, we wanted to get out of the city for a few days! Noordwijk is a beautiful beach town. The staff was very welcoming and friendly. Its a small joint but perfect for getting to know other travelers. I will definitely go back!

• 3rd Sep 2013

Air con unit right outside my window wasn't great but can't be helped I guess... Smoking terrace only open til 10pm, smoking room quite small but still cool and open til late.

• 30th Aug 2013

Had an amazing first stay at this hostel with my friend. My stay was so good i have recently gone back by myself and this stay was even better. The laid back atmosphere and great staff made my stay very enjoyable. I recommend this hostel to everyone who wants to take a break from the touristy stuff of Netherlands and have a enjoyable beach escape.