Flying Pig Beach Hostel Reviews

Parallel Boulevard 208, 2202H2, Noordwijk, Amsterdam, Netherlands

Didn't have any issues at all, good value for your money if you want to stay close to the beach... Very complicated to get back to the hostel from Amsterdam during the night

Dope dope dope. Fun place, great staff, great atmosphere. The only problem is getting to town. But if you book your shuttles in advance, it shouldn't be an issue.

Super chill environment and nice staff. Thanks for lletting me pla pool till 3 am!

SERIOUSLY DO NOT STAY HERE IF YOU DO NOT SMOKE WEED. We don't smoke so our stay was awful. Literally all you can smell is a mixture of the weed and cigarettes that are smoked upstairs. All of the staff were either drunk, high or both so they were useless. The hostel is literally an hour away from city centre-it takes a bus ride and a train ride to get there. The only bonus was that it was five minutes away from a nice beach-where we spent most of our time.

The beach wasn't nearly as nice as I expected but a nice escape from Amsterdam

Great hostel and staff. The only downside is the location. It's about an hour by shuttle to and from Amsterdam. Great atmosphere though. Would stay here again.

Nice hostel with a great atmosphere. I booked a night here after a few nights in Amsterdam and I liked it so much, I stayed the next night too! The energy is great, lots of young people having a good time. Not a good place if you're a light sleeper.

Even though it is 40mins away from downtown it was one of my best hostels so far! Right near a beach so you can go out have a few beers, build sand castles and tan. The atmosphere was amazing! Met so many people and a dj every Thursday with beer pong and a smoke room. And a shuttle too and from the city center multiple times a day!

Great hostel if you want to stay out of the city and chill out. Fun and friendly staff, god atmosphere for meeting people and hangin' out. Rooms, bathrooms and kitchen were all clean and comfortable.

Great place to stay, its away from all the hectic crowds in Amsterdam. The city of Leiden near bye is just as good. Staff are awesome and they hard to keep the whole place clean and functional. All the staff are so polite and would have stayed longer if there was a room available. Thanks guys!

This is a good alternative to the expensive inner city hostels, just make sure you book your shuttle fast! There is not much to do in Noordwjik, and the hostel does a great job of making up for that with a late happy hour, pool table and smoking area. The security is a bit low as our hostel room door didn't shut or lock properly, and there were times I talked to people who just come in to drink. The staff were all excellent and friendly, I had a great time here

I have mixed feelings. The atmosphere is great, everyone hangs out and parties at night, the staff is super friendly and although the hostel is out of the city, it is right by the beach! On the other hand, the staff stay at the hostel, they gossip about each other constantly, it's like high school. I was also woken up twice in one night by drunk staff members, the first one because she drank too much and was going to be sick and the next was screaming so loud at some guy for being too drunk.

Staff was great! Very helpful. The location is okay because theres not a lot to do in Noordwijk but it was a nice place to chill ans relax. The bathrooms were a little messy but not disgusting and the bar was cheaper than the other Flying Pigs.

We were there only one night after a few days in Amsterdam, we were hoping to relax at the beach but the weather didn't cooperate. The Flying Pig was a good place to relax, the security was good, there were lockers in the room and the bed was comfortable! No complaints about this hostel, and I would stay there again in the summer!

Amazing! I wish I could've stayed longer. The sand dunes and beach were beautiful. The people were so inviting and I loved my stay here. Highly recommend!!!!!!

Not located within Amsterdam but definitely an excellent fun hostel to stay at with great staff!

Didnt realise there was more than one flying pig hostel derrrp...This ones on the coast! Its a fair way from city centre and will cost you a few euros and 1.5 hr drive each time u head in. Beautiful area, heaps of cafes/restaurants/bars etc. Hostel is small, clean enough, staff are very friendly, security is good (key cards for rooms), chiller atmosphere. Id recommend to someone who likes walking along beaches and a quiet night out. *there are no coffeeshops out here* - for u legends. Cheers

Its one of the worst hostel i `ve ever been. I book it thinking about "its only 20 miles from amsterdam" . Thats its not true complitely. Its one hour from amsterdam and you have to take a bus and then a train or a bus 1 hour way. The facilities sucks , the beds and furniture its very old and damage. The Atmosphere its for young people, almost teenagers that goes to that place to "smoke his first weed". Its Pathetic. I will never come back again to this hostel.

This hostel, although fun because of the people I met and the smoking room and bar, was probably the worst hostel Ive stayed at. The staff was kind, but the security was awful. The room I stayed in was about 20 beds and the door to the room was broken. We were given key cards to get into the room but the door was broken so anyone could just walk in. Plus there werent any lockers big enough for my backpack so I had to leave all my stuff out in the open. Would not recommend.

The staff mainly stay at the hostel, so it always looks crowded. The party atmosphere they create however is genuine. It is fun to hang out at the common area at any time of the day.