Fortaleza Guest House Reviews

Fortaleza 303, San Juan, Puerto Rico

Great place to stay in Old San Juan!

• 30th Jan 2016

Pretty decent place to rest your head. The man who helps you check in does not speak English very well but it's fine. You can get by with hand signals and broken English/few Spanish words. You get a towel on arrival which is great. There is wifi on the main floor but not the third floor. The rooms are extremely small but it's in such a great location so it's worth staying here, especially for the price. There are little balconies to hang out on and that was amazing. Would stay again.

Great location, and a great value for the money!

• 19th Jan 2016

Basic. Not clean, bed uncomfortable. Location is only plus here.

Hostel is very old and dirty. Pictures look much nicer than it really is. The only value here is location. Rooms and bathrooms are not great. Was supposed to have a double semi-private room and got a small inside room with bunk beds which is not what was shown in pics or described. I booked a double for the bed size, not so we could bunk together. There is only one guy here and he doesn't speak English, so keep that in mind if you are not bilingual.

Quite guesthouse in an excellent location.

• 9th Jan 2016

Hostel staff do not speak English but a basic knowledge of Spanish can usually get you what you want/need. The owner is very accommodating and will try to assist as best he can.

Really good for the price

• 11th Dec 2015
  • Puerto Rico

The owner is friendly, but he speaks only little English. Do not be confused by "de luxe" room description. The rooms are very basic and mosquitoes are present. Yes, there is a communal kitchen but with limited cutlery. Better bring your spoons, knifes etc. But it is still the best deal for the backpacker in Old San Juan.

We booked reservations 2 months early. When we arrived at 2am after a late flight the doors were locked. I called the number and left a message stating that we were outside and had reservations. After 3 more phone calls leaving my phone number and restating that we had reservations, and knocking on the door for 10 mins, we finally decided to leave and find somewhere else. I never received a call back explaining why they didn't answer. I called again to get my deposit returned. nothing.

• 27th Nov 2015

Pretty rough place. Posada is cheaper and much better

We booked a private room months in advance and the man working insisted there were none available upon our arrival (only dorm beds). Once I showed him a printed copy of our reservation, he reluctantly gave in and had a private room for us. The place was pretty deserted, so I suppose he didn't want to go through the trouble. The room itself was suitable for sleeping, but that's about it. Facilities are lackluster, though the location is decent. I'd recommend staying elsewhere.

View all San Juan Bed and Breakfasts