Fortaleza Guest House Reviews

Fortaleza 303, San Juan, Puerto Rico

Pretty rough place. Posada is cheaper and much better

We booked a private room months in advance and the man working insisted there were none available upon our arrival (only dorm beds). Once I showed him a printed copy of our reservation, he reluctantly gave in and had a private room for us. The place was pretty deserted, so I suppose he didn't want to go through the trouble. The room itself was suitable for sleeping, but that's about it. Facilities are lackluster, though the location is decent. I'd recommend staying elsewhere.

Place is simple, it's only good to stay a couple nights.

• 4th Jul 2015
  • Ecuador

The hostel was clean and we had everything we needed (towels). The guy working there was really nice and helpful. We couldn't get the wifi in our room. The atmosphere was really bad, do not expect to meet people in there, everyone is pretty isolated. Overall it was fine for 2 nights.

the manager speaks only Spanish. however he does is his best to explain everything to you as food as he can. the Kitchen is dirty and in usable in my opinion, but the rooms are super clean and air-conditioned. the beds are really comfortable as well. the location is perfect. Shower are a bit on the cooler side, but doable. this is a good place to stay if you're staying for a few nights.!!

Many reviewers complain that the guy running this hostel does not speak English, but hey... you're in Puerto Rico. You better learn some Spanish. It's a great hostel, cheap and clean. Great restaurants and bars nearby.

The location is very good, the hostel is clean and cheap. Besides that, it has nothing good. The staff is not very helpfull, the rooms are not comfortable (I thought mine would have an AC, but it didn't), the common area ammenities are unexistent and it's very annoying that they only receive payment in cash.

The location is great and hard to beat. The hostel is very basic but no major complaints. I stayed in a private room which had AC and cable TV, it cost double the rate of a shared room but was worth the upgrade and added security and privacy. The hostel has a small balcony overlooking the street, Wi-Fi, kitchen, and laundry. If you are looking for a no thrills simple hostel this is a good option.

Communication with the person in charge was very tough because he spoke only Spanish. No one responds to emails or changes in bookings I had changed the booking well ahead of check in time (48 tof 24 hours ahead) as the second person was not planning to stay in the double room thst eas booked in the hostel. On the phone they confirmed that I dont have to pay for the second person. But was still made to pay for both.

• 10th May 2015
  • India

This is a great place to stay right adjacent to the main park in Alejuela. They pay for the taxi ride which is about a $4 US benefit too. You must jump through a few loops at the airport to get the taxi managers to understand this, but it works and they did pay the taxi upon my arrival. Also I did arrive at about 1 am and they were right there to let me in and pay the taxi. The breakfast is basic, just fruit and coffee, dont count on it to fill the tank, but you can walk to many restaurants

View all San Juan Bed and Breakfasts