Gojo Guesthouse - Annex Reviews

11-26 Komatsu-cho 4, Higashiyama-ku, Kyoto, Japan

The staff makes this place perfect, they are helpful, generous and dedicated to ensure you have a great time in Kyoto. While I was there they did a free guided tour though the festival, where we sampled local treats and learned more about the Shinto religion. They also did a takoyaki party one evening, the staff rolled up their sleeves and cooked all night for the guests. I'll be staying at Gojo again when I'm in Kyoto!

• 10th Jan 2016

Staff were so lovely and gave such helpful recommendations. Great Japanese breakfast on Christmas Day.

• 24th Dec 2015

Charming and quiet place, close to touristic attractions and night life. We recommend

Enjoyed my stay here. Had my own room at a great price so no complaints there. The room was neat and clean and had it's own ac/heater, so it was super comfortable. The bathroom area could use some work, but was serviceable considering the age of the building. It tended to be really cold down there when I visited since the windows were always open as a result of the ventilation not being so great. Staff was awesome and friendly. Overall a good value!

I really did enjoy staying here, and although when booking through Hostelworld there was a little bit of an issue as to which room i ended up booking, the room was still pleasant. Air conditioned which was a blessing, and the bed was very comfortable. The place is old, so you do have to bear with the rickety door handles and such, and the clothed dryer basically isn't worth the money (but they do tell you this!) Otherwise really good location, near enough to main roads but still quiet!

The hospitality was fantastic! The staff was very helpful and kind. It was also very quiet and well kept. The only reason I gave the location a good score, instead of excellent, was the walking proximity to bars and nightlife as my husband and I are a young couple. That said, the walk into town was only about 15 minutes.

• 29th Oct 2015

The place was perfect for our true japanese experience and became a highlight of our trip. The staff were very helpful and polite. We also spent time at Gojo cafe which was a great acompanyment to the whole experience.

• 26th Oct 2015

Gojo Guest House Annex was a great place for my stay in Kyoto. The guest house itself was very cozy and authentic, the location was excellent (close to supermarket and lots of sightseeing places), showers are basic (but work fine) and the staff was very helpful and speaks English. It's not the most fancy place you'll ever sleep, but for a real local experience this is great value for money.

• 21st Oct 2015

The location is close to restaurants and some of the sites. Very close to a bus stop. It is a little tricky to find the first time or two. The hosts are excellent. Very helpful in planning your site seeing. The Japanese breakfast is delicious. The rooms are nice, with futons and straw matting.

Very cool and extremely polite hosts - really enjoyed the stay! Had a comfy bed and an AC in the room. Can recommend the hostel without any concerns!

Great location smack bang in the middle of everything Kyoto has to offer, we stayed in the twin Tatami style room and was absolutely awesome.

This place was great. A mix between a guesthouse and a traditional home. I couldn't expect more from it, but I'm not surprised anymore in Japan, service and hospitality there are a must. Clean, convenient, with a very helpful staff who give you tips to plan your trip.

Being a short trip traveller, I wanted to experience traditional house of Japan. As a result, I was succeeded in experiencing that I want. my room was very clean and calm, there's nothing for it but to sleep well. I strongly recommend you that staying at GOJO guesthouse.