Gojo Guesthouse - Annex Reviews

11-26 Komatsu-cho 4, Higashiyama-ku, Kyoto, Japan

Great hostel. A bit lack of atmosphere.

Nice clean hostel. Good rooms and friendly staff.

Excellent hostel!! Very nice and clean, fast wifi, hot water, and good location. The location is key. Walking distance to restaurants and bars near the geisha area, I forgot what it's called. It's also very close to the bus stop where you can catch the tour bus and start your loop around the city to all the temples. I like that it was very Japanese in style. Some of the rooms even use tatami mats, some have beds. The only downside was there wasn't much of a common area to meet other guest.

Old but clean traditional Japanese style house with history and plus very close to Gion area and downtown area. It is very comfortable to walk around. Staffs are helpful at the local information and very friendly. The kitchen is large and neat with free coffee,tea and seasoning! I made my own breakfast and even dinner in a raining day. The room at the 2nd floor with a window view of Kyoto tower. It like that I stay at a friend's house. A Free drink offered at GojoCafe 10mins walk from Annex.

Little hostel, but nice location, character and staff.

The staff were really friendly and the location was great. I thought it was a bit unusual that I was given linens and had to make my own bed when I arrived. Also, there was only one mirror in the whole place - in one of the shower rooms, which was a little inconvenient. Overall, though, I had a pleasant stay.