Golden Island Guesthouse Reviews

FLAT 1, 7/F ALHAMBRA BUILDING, 383-385 NATHAN ROAD, YAUMATEI, KOWLOON, Hong Kong, Hong Kong

Okay stay. Clean quiet convenient. A little pricy for the location in my taste but better than a lot of guesthouse i seen in hong kong for the cleanliness.

The bedroom is small really good for two, but it's clean and tidy. They changed our towels everyday. The only comment we had, was when another guests came in at dawn, so noisy that we were awaken by loud voices and impossible for us to go back to sleep.

• 8th Sep 2014
  • Philippines
  • Couple, 41+

The rooms are very very small. The double bed is more than half the space of the room and it is smaller than usual double beds... There are no windows. There was a lot of noise in the corridor from Chinese families talking, eating and even smoking (which is forbidden). It was very hot in the room and with the air conditioner on, very cold. Everybody speaks English in Hong Kong except the man running this Guesthouse.

Too much noise on the morning, chinese people shouting and shuting the doors. The smell of my room was awful. I was going crazy, This hostel has around 80% of score, my quesiton is: who rate the hostels? I do not trsut anymore in your rates, this is the second time I choose a hostel by its rates, and when I am in it, there is no coincidence between reality and your ratings.

Excellent!!!! Jessie the receptionist was very nice and she can speak good English, she's very helpful and very friendly.

Great location, Jessie was really helpful. Love the bakery by the building that the hostel is in. The room we stayed in, twin private, was small but we expected that. The mattresses are pretty hard. Good security and the air con and extraction fan worked well and kept the room cool at night - we stayed when it was 30degrees and over 70%humidy.