Golden Island Guesthouse Reviews

FLAT 1, 7/F ALHAMBRA BUILDING, 383-385 NATHAN ROAD, YAUMATEI, KOWLOON, Hong Kong, Hong Kong

Too much noise on the morning, chinese people shouting and shuting the doors. The smell of my room was awful. I was going crazy, This hostel has around 80% of score, my quesiton is: who rate the hostels? I do not trsut anymore in your rates, this is the second time I choose a hostel by its rates, and when I am in it, there is no coincidence between reality and your ratings.

Excellent!!!! Jessie the receptionist was very nice and she can speak good English, she's very helpful and very friendly.

Great location, Jessie was really helpful. Love the bakery by the building that the hostel is in. The room we stayed in, twin private, was small but we expected that. The mattresses are pretty hard. Good security and the air con and extraction fan worked well and kept the room cool at night - we stayed when it was 30degrees and over 70%humidy.

高性价比,位置很方便,干净整洁

accommodating staff, ok for budget conscious traveler who would stay only for a night sleep.

• 5th Jun 2014
  • Philippines

Yes, I'd stay again. A good choice if you're catching an early morning flight, as I was. Clean, small room. Drinking water and toothbrush/paste provided. English is clearly a second language to courteous, smiling staff, but it's more than good enough. Bus direct to airport a five-minute walk away; takes about 45 minutes at 6 a.m.

A little hard to find as the signage is not easy to spot in the higgildy-piggildy mansion block! Excellent room itself although tiny it was still very good value for money in Hong Kong. The staff are a mammoth let down - several times I walked into reception area to try and pay for my extra night and the women just carried on her obviously personal casual phone call for about 15 minutes without acknowledging me before I gave up and left? Strange...

Great value for money.

• 4th May 2014

My third stay in Kowloon and my most pleasant. I've learned to lower my expectations for hostels in Hong Kong but the Golden Island Guesthouse exceeded all my previous experiences by far. The room was cleaner and the hostel offered more extras (towels, soap, shampoo, microwave in lobby for guest, et al) than my stays in Mong Kok (very crowded) and Tsim Sha Tsui (very shady). Miki was running the front desk and she was super nice. The street market is cool too. Thx for the room upgrade Miki!

• 3rd May 2014

very dirty place. checked out after first night even if I have paid already the 2nd night.

• 2nd May 2014

it is really cheap and also location is nice cause nearby nathan road~ toilet is little bit small but clean

• 1st May 2014
  • South Korea

The room is clean. Clean towel, and other necessary amenities are provided. I think the stay is value for money. I would definitely recommend it if you are on a budget trip.

• 1st Apr 2014
  • Malaysia

My room was smelly and my toilet was gross ... This could be because I have OCD .... My trip was horrible because of my hostel. It was my first time in a hostel and I'm never doing it again !!!

• 27th Mar 2014
  • Jamaica

Entrance and ambiance at the lobby is not as good as you think but for their Room itself is clean and affordable though it is not as big as we thought, it is fine anyway. They have a tea pot at the room but everytime we want to have a hot water in the morning their office at the 7th flr. is always close, that is why we can not get some hot water for our instant ramen to eat in the morning. Hope this will improve more. If given the chance we will definitely comeback there .

• 13th Mar 2014
  • Philippines
  • Couple, 41+

Unable to stay longer for 2 more days as the Guesthouse had taken up an order from a tour group.

• 11th Mar 2014
  • Hong Kong

Excellent value! Almost everything you can find in a regular hotel room is included but the lower price makes this place an outstanding bargain. The fact that the hostel is located right in the middle of the entertainment district is another added bonus.

• 8th Mar 2014

I don't think you can get any better for this kind of money in HK. Loved it

we stayed in a private room with a double bed. the room was tiny tiny and you better be skinny to fit the 'double bed'. there was also no daylight in the room. still it was alright for a couple of nights and for the money you couldnt really expect more.