Golden Island Guesthouse Reviews

FLAT 1, 7/F ALHAMBRA BUILDING, 383-385 NATHAN ROAD, YAUMATEI, KOWLOON, Hong Kong, Hong Kong

The room is clean. Clean towel, and other necessary amenities are provided. I think the stay is value for money. I would definitely recommend it if you are on a budget trip.

• 1st Apr 2014
  • Malaysia

My room was smelly and my toilet was gross ... This could be because I have OCD .... My trip was horrible because of my hostel. It was my first time in a hostel and I'm never doing it again !!!

• 27th Mar 2014
  • Jamaica

Entrance and ambiance at the lobby is not as good as you think but for their Room itself is clean and affordable though it is not as big as we thought, it is fine anyway. They have a tea pot at the room but everytime we want to have a hot water in the morning their office at the 7th flr. is always close, that is why we can not get some hot water for our instant ramen to eat in the morning. Hope this will improve more. If given the chance we will definitely comeback there .

• 13th Mar 2014
  • Couple, 41+

Unable to stay longer for 2 more days as the Guesthouse had taken up an order from a tour group.

• 11th Mar 2014
  • Hong Kong

Excellent value! Almost everything you can find in a regular hotel room is included but the lower price makes this place an outstanding bargain. The fact that the hostel is located right in the middle of the entertainment district is another added bonus.

• 8th Mar 2014

I don't think you can get any better for this kind of money in HK. Loved it

we stayed in a private room with a double bed. the room was tiny tiny and you better be skinny to fit the 'double bed'. there was also no daylight in the room. still it was alright for a couple of nights and for the money you couldnt really expect more.

Small details like there is missing hooks in the curtain and wont hang properly it is cold so need to cover the windows. No heater available not even a portable one. The location is perfect and the staff is friendly. I will recommend for budget traveller.

Location is not bad, on Nathan Road, close to Kowloon park. However the facilities are kind of shabby. So unless you're on a budget and only staying for a couple of days, I would recommend you to stay elsewhere. There was only one of the staff who spoke English, so when she wasn't around, it was hard to get any kind of service.

nice place, clean room

• 28th Jan 2014
  • Philippines

cause HK is small, so room is a little small But it's ok for me :) the service is very nice, and staff is kindly i think it's good to live in this convenient place

• 19th Jan 2014
  • Taiwan

We had great time. place is very accessible, train station very near, the night market and lots of good food around with delicious hotpots on cold winter evenings we had fun most...for short stay on a budget trip the place overall was just good enough!

• 17th Jan 2014
  • Philippines

Typical HK hostel, small and squeezy. The toilet didn't allow much room for manoeuvre. Surprisingly there wasn't a lot of noise at night. The bed was also very comfortable.

We didn't think about the deposit for the keys we paid (100 HK$) and the staff didn't eather, so they own us 100 $. Otherwise the staff was lovely even though we had some trouble communicating. And Hostelworld: you send me a mail where only 1 day was included so we were kind of ashamed when we were wrong about the price when we arrived! Hope this won't happen again...

It would be good to have a sign at the reception telling guests where to find the staff on duty. We reached at about 8am and waited for 10mins+ before we found the staff in the staff room to handle our checking in after searching around the place.

• 2nd Jan 2014
  • Singapore

The toilet is broken and is really disgusting. the room is too small, hardly to walk. If u sleep on the top bunk, you will have a hard time when u wake up, cuz you will hit the ceiling.

Hostel was decent, although the two channels filled with security cameras of the building (including elevators and stairways) did make us concerned about our safety, in terms of someone being able to watch where we were at what time. Other than that, staff was helpful with the few questions we had and the room was okay. :)

• 27th Dec 2013

location of hostel is fine, still Nathan road and opposite of Apple store with good HG price for Apple product:) it was just a bit hard to find the way inside of the building since that area is quite crowded and has a lot of markets. bus stop from the airport is opposite and to the airport is very near so it allows to not waste time and money on using any other type of public transportation, it was so convenient. I

We stayed for 13 nights through Christmas and the New Year. The good: - Pleasant stay - TV worked - Small room containing a few necessities like hairdryer and kettle - Fantastic price for the location - Rooms were cleaned, clothes folded The bad: -The toilets were small and smelt really bad - Air conditioner didn't work - Window opened to a wall - Loud construction outside Would recommend this place and stay in it again. So cheap!

• 20th Dec 2013

staffs are fine. the building is quite old, with several hostels located inside the single building. roommates are nice and polite. perfect location for dinning out.

• 6th Dec 2013