Golden Island Guesthouse Reviews

FLAT 1, 7/F ALHAMBRA BUILDING, 383-385 NATHAN ROAD, YAUMATEI, KOWLOON, Hong Kong, Hong Kong

Small room, but that seems to be the norm in Hong Kong. Bathroom was kept clean, and new towels and small complementary toiletries were provided each day. The staff were all very kind. They were even willing to let me pay a little bit of the sum a day late because I didn't have quite enough cash the first night. Room came with a TV, but I never did figure out it if they provided free wifi. A great hostel for a short stay for budget travelers!

• 24th Jan 2015

The hostel is located near the MTR station, so the location is very good. It was easy to move around from there by metro or only by walking. The hostel wasn't so easy to find. The right building was hard to spot. Inside the building had to figure out to which floor to take the elevator. Finally we figured out that it's in the floor 7. Only 1 from the staff spoke english so it was hard to communicate sometimes. Otherwise we were happy! Room was small, but clean. Good value for money.

The hostel was exemplary clean and tidy. However, there was no pantry provided for those travellers who might need it. Moreover, no guest room was allocated for backpackers to mingle around.

Location was good and the rooms were maintained clean. The size of the room was a little concern, but I guess all the hostels in HK have similar sized rooms. Staff was helpful but only Jessica could speak English, so what ever information you want take it while she is around.

• 26th Dec 2014
  • India

What I did got was a family suite which the hostel provides for larger groups with many house like facilities so i think i was quite lucky a it was empty. The owner does occupy one of the rooms and her family did visit but it didn't bother mel. I would stay there again if I got something similar. Clearer directions needed to hostel- after exiting metro, exit C, Yau Ma Tai; turn right and walk near a bridge you see. Its just after on the right down an alley in between shops before 'Bonjour' shop.

Okay stay. Clean quiet convenient. A little pricy for the location in my taste but better than a lot of guesthouse i seen in hong kong for the cleanliness.

The bedroom is small really good for two, but it's clean and tidy. They changed our towels everyday. The only comment we had, was when another guests came in at dawn, so noisy that we were awaken by loud voices and impossible for us to go back to sleep.

• 8th Sep 2014