Golden Island Guesthouse Reviews

FLAT 1, 7/F ALHAMBRA BUILDING, 383-385 NATHAN ROAD, YAUMATEI, KOWLOON, Hong Kong, Hong Kong

My main reason for staying at this guesthouse was that they could help me get a visa for China, which they were very helpful in doing. My first night I was in a shared room where the bathroom door didn't shut so everyone had to use the bathroom with the door open. I changed rooms the next night and it was a much better experience. My biggest complaint is I never got a key to the room so if you came in late at night or at a time when no one was at the front desk you couldn't get into your room.

Location was great and the staff were nice. Internet connection got very slow occasionally and I was woken up by very loud drilling and construction work going on in the building.

Well room was really small but stay for one or two days is ok. It's next to most of the attraction so would giv it a 7 out of 10

This is a fantastic place to stay if you are wanting somewhere to just rest your head at night. It is centrally located, clean (the towels were changed daily), secure, air-conditioned (very important for those hot and humid nights) and cheap! The only negative is that it is very small, but for what we wanted it was ideal. Would definitely stay here again when back in Hong Kong.

• 28th Jun 2015
  • Belgium
  • Couple, 41+

Great location, helpful staff, small room but expected in Hong Kong. Only problem was the poor wifi in the room. Not a major issue but slightly annoying.

Guesthouse offers basic accommodation at a reasonable price (for Hong Kong). Rooms are very small but clean. Fixtures and fittings are now in need of some attention. The wet room (i.e. bathroom) is, like many places in HK, a shower room with very small wash basin and toilet combined - in other words if you have a shower expect everything to get wet. Aircon was good and mattress was comfortable. Good central location. Reasonable restaurants & cinema in close proximity. No safe deposit box.

• 11th Jun 2015
  • Couple, 41+

There ware cockroaches. Received different room than booked. Mold smell. No hot water. I didn't really interact with the staff, but i suppose they are ok.

• 2nd Jun 2015
  • Romania

The check-in and check-out times should be advertised on the website. I had some problems because of my early flight departure.

• 18th May 2015

Very good

The beds could have been a little more comfortable and I wish that there would have been more guests. Maybe it was just the time of year that I went, but I was literally the only one there. It was kind of lonely. The hostel that I stayed at in Thailand had a very welcoming staff, and I felt 'home,' whereas at this hostel I felt like I was just at a hotel. They were helpful, though, in answering my questions. Also, don't drink out of the glasses that they provide in the rooms. They're smudgy.

We are group of 5pax from KK, Sabah visiting recently early March 2015, we simply love the room so much even though its so small, near to temple street market, Most importantly is the security & surveillance are excellent. we stay happily and its a HIGHLY RECOMMENDED hostel for a group looking for better price in town. Walking distance 20 Mins to Harbour City (Many buillding you will passed by, subway,shoplot with interesting deals, nice restaurant etc). Very easy to find the HOSTEL, I LOVE HK!

• 5th Mar 2015
  • Malaysia

Location is good, near Temple Street & Nathan Road. Bit of a walk to nearest train stations. Room was decent - there is a TV, kettle, some toiletries like shower gel, shampoo, toothbrush. Bathroom very small, had to sit sideways on the toilet. There was hair on the floor and pubic hair on the toilet seat when we checked in. But they tidied the room everyday, & changed sheets & towels sometimes. Can be tricky dealing with staff, only one speaks limited English and the rest only speak Chinese.

Second time staying here recently, and this stay was just as pleasant as my last!

While hostel stays are half the other travelers, this hostel was nice. I had booked with Golden Island, and although I was late and didn't have the cash that night to pay, I was upgraded to a smaller room in Tai An. Not sure if its the same ownership, or what, but overall- a great place. 50 Mb/s internet too.

Tiny room, but for the price it's okay. Window just to a light corridor, very dark. Close to metro stations, very close to night market and shopping in mong kok.

This Guesthouse is on Nathan Road in the center of the action in Kowloon. Was asked to stay in a double the first night, then move to the single I had booked for the rest of my stay. This Guesthouse doesn't accept credit cards, just cash. the staff were friendly and helpful. The rooms were clean, comfy and had WiFi available. Security cameras in elevators and hallways. Cool auto entry key sensors on some doors. Overall it was a good stay. I would recommend it to others.

• 4th Feb 2015