Golden Island Guesthouse Reviews

FLAT 1, 7/F ALHAMBRA BUILDING, 383-385 NATHAN ROAD, YAUMATEI, KOWLOON, Hong Kong, Hong Kong

Okay stay. Clean quiet convenient. A little pricy for the location in my taste but better than a lot of guesthouse i seen in hong kong for the cleanliness.

The bedroom is small really good for two, but it's clean and tidy. They changed our towels everyday. The only comment we had, was when another guests came in at dawn, so noisy that we were awaken by loud voices and impossible for us to go back to sleep.

• 8th Sep 2014
  • Philippines
  • Couple, 41+

The rooms are very very small. The double bed is more than half the space of the room and it is smaller than usual double beds... There are no windows. There was a lot of noise in the corridor from Chinese families talking, eating and even smoking (which is forbidden). It was very hot in the room and with the air conditioner on, very cold. Everybody speaks English in Hong Kong except the man running this Guesthouse.

Too much noise on the morning, chinese people shouting and shuting the doors. The smell of my room was awful. I was going crazy, This hostel has around 80% of score, my quesiton is: who rate the hostels? I do not trsut anymore in your rates, this is the second time I choose a hostel by its rates, and when I am in it, there is no coincidence between reality and your ratings.

Excellent!!!! Jessie the receptionist was very nice and she can speak good English, she's very helpful and very friendly.

Great location, Jessie was really helpful. Love the bakery by the building that the hostel is in. The room we stayed in, twin private, was small but we expected that. The mattresses are pretty hard. Good security and the air con and extraction fan worked well and kept the room cool at night - we stayed when it was 30degrees and over 70%humidy.

高性价比,位置很方便,干净整洁

accommodating staff, ok for budget conscious traveler who would stay only for a night sleep.

• 5th Jun 2014
  • Philippines

Yes, I'd stay again. A good choice if you're catching an early morning flight, as I was. Clean, small room. Drinking water and toothbrush/paste provided. English is clearly a second language to courteous, smiling staff, but it's more than good enough. Bus direct to airport a five-minute walk away; takes about 45 minutes at 6 a.m.

A little hard to find as the signage is not easy to spot in the higgildy-piggildy mansion block! Excellent room itself although tiny it was still very good value for money in Hong Kong. The staff are a mammoth let down - several times I walked into reception area to try and pay for my extra night and the women just carried on her obviously personal casual phone call for about 15 minutes without acknowledging me before I gave up and left? Strange...

Great value for money.

• 4th May 2014

My third stay in Kowloon and my most pleasant. I've learned to lower my expectations for hostels in Hong Kong but the Golden Island Guesthouse exceeded all my previous experiences by far. The room was cleaner and the hostel offered more extras (towels, soap, shampoo, microwave in lobby for guest, et al) than my stays in Mong Kok (very crowded) and Tsim Sha Tsui (very shady). Miki was running the front desk and she was super nice. The street market is cool too. Thx for the room upgrade Miki!

very dirty place. checked out after first night even if I have paid already the 2nd night.

• 2nd May 2014

it is really cheap and also location is nice cause nearby nathan road~ toilet is little bit small but clean

• 1st May 2014