Golden River Palace Guesthouse Reviews

No.139, Street 13, Sangkat Phsa Kandal 1, Phnom Penh, Cambodia

It became clear that the beds were not cleaned after previous guests when we went to bed. It was too late to do anything about it. The room was next to a local family in the narrow alley behind the balcony and we got to hear all possible sounds of local life as there was no way to block the noise. During the night a small baby kept screaming like it was slaughtered. Perhaps just a bad timing for us.

The only good thing about this hotel is its position! When we checked in the room had not been cleaned after the previous guests: their hair & trash was still all over the place! And since the only staff around could not spealk any English there wasn't much we could do about it! :( Our room was of course never cleaned during our stay either and there were ants everywhere! In general the hotel is very dirty and run down.Totally disappointing and low value since it does not even include breakfast.

Staff were very friendly and helpful. Rooms were quite large especially for accommodation in Asia. Short stroll to the river and popular tourist bars and restaurants.

The staff was extremely helpful. Location is perfect since it is not in the busiest part of the city. Great value for the money you pay.

i thought it waa a great place however the rooms were spacous but not that clean. the staff had limited english, but were very very friendly and tried to help you and talk to you the best they could, it is easy to get anywhere from here and bookings for buses and travel are simple too.

The location was very good - close to waterfront, local market etc. The young guy who welcomed me could speak hardly any english, but was so friendly and helpful and offered to carry my bag up to the 3rd floor. The manager was very helpful and was very informative about many aspects of cambodian life etc. I was glad that I had the opportunity to stay there for my last night in cambodia, before flying home

I tried this place after my other regular spots were booked up and while the stay was ok, I don't think that I could recommend this place overall. Pros: the room was large and the location is close to the riverside without being in tourist central. It is right across from a market. Bakery is down the street. Cons: the place feels old and worn. There are very few amenities as well. (no breakfast, etc.) The place will do in a pinch, but you are probably better served by checking out other

View all Phnom Penh Bed and Breakfasts