Good Dream Hostel (Khun Ying House ) Reviews

15/19 Moo. 1, sairee beach, Koh Tao, Thailand

Had a private room here, it was fine and clean. The bathroom was a bit suspect on close inspection (round the sink and plug hole) but fine really. The aircon was strong but adequate bedsheets weren't supplied so it got pretty cold at night. They also don't have a generator so during power cuts the aircon and everything go out (frustrating when it's more than once a night). Wifi in the room was atrocious and never really worked well. I would have still extended our stay if we'd had time.

Was ok. Clean and good location! Don't get a room with a fan if you can't stand the heat. Hot. Hot. Hot. Good hostel if you're just looking for somewhere to lay your head.

Nice clean hostel, VISA doens't work which was unfortunate.

Great location. Clean towels everyday. Friendly staff. Good air conditioning too!

• 15th May 2015

Staff are extremely nice and helpful, the dorms are quiet and very comfortable. One of my favourite hostels in 7months of travelling.

Ryan was an absolute pleasure! Anytime we needed anything, they did whatever they could to get it for us- ferry tickets, train tickets, etc.

Second time staying at this hostel and it is still to the same very good standard. The price is excellent and the owners are always there to help. Would highly recommend to anyone looking for a more relaxing week on the Sairee beach area of Koh Tao.

• 2nd May 2015

Location is ok, beds are ok. Wifi is terrible. Staff are helpful, but often completely uninterested in any questions. It's a short walk from the bars and beach.

Pros- good location close to beach, bars and restaurants. Dorm rooms are big with two showers and toilets in each. Beds have room in between to store bags. Cons- dirty and uncomfortable common area with stray cats fighting for food. Location is right next to a building currently being constructed and building work woke us up most mornings. Toilets are a bit smelly and one shower wasn't working properly. Overall we enjoyed our stay here and ended up extending for two nights.

Nice clean hostel, lovely friendly staff it's about a 3 min walk from the beach and main strip. It's good if u want a quite night after a busy day. It is a little hard to find up dust track off the main road. The showers are not always hot.

The door was open all the time. It is located at the end of a mudroad, few minutes walk to sairee village. Rooms were really nice but didn't get cleaned enough (stayed there for 4 nights). Didn't like the bathroom. Quite expensive.

Thanks for your review my dear.VERY EASY to lock the door by the keys provided for every single ones..Our staffs are not really needed to manage to lock your room door,i think.Official cleaning services happen twice a day.But our staffs always follow to do it more and more on your request if you want.This is one of the cheapest accommodation in this tropical paradise.May be you compare the prices with some places from mainland.

I had a really great time in the hostel, the hostel is the most welcoming person i met,explained everything well, I can only say good things about my stay.I will be back for sure :)

• 6th Apr 2015

I would highly recommend the ac room. The fan room is a bit hot with only one small wall fan. But good value for money.

• 6th Apr 2015
  • Hong Kong

Good atmosphere. If your roommates don't lock the door the security isn't the best so you are at their mercy so use your locker. Great beds and showers and the wifi was strong.Ryan was rude with a few people.We were told we could check in in 10 minutes, while we waited, someone tried to ask Ryan his name and introduce himself and he snapped "10 minutes!" Ryan talks down to people quite often, Not sure why. Staff comes in the room at 7am to clean?? Too early!No other hostel I've seen does that.

Really nice hostel! Ended up staying for 10 nights instead of the original 3. Bathrooms were nice and clean, wifi was excellent. Staff are very friendly and helpful.

Really good hostel. Good location, really helpful staff and great rooms.

I guess this is the best location for a hostel on Sairee Beach. 3 min walk to the beach and 5 min walk into town where you can find all the shops, bars and restaurants. Very friendly and helpful staff, dorms are clean and spacious. Extended my stay here with 2 days because I liked it so much. It's not a super social hostel, but that's mainly because most of the people are on the beach or doing their diving course during the day.

Good location - short walk to beach, restaurants and bars although a bit further out than other accomodation in sairee beach.

Had a great stay in this Hostel. The stuff is very nice and helped me when I had money problems. Thank you so much.

Great location and definitely feels super safe (we didn't lock our door all week!). The dorms have lots of room and it's only a 3 minute walk into town. There's a great place next door for breakfast as well.

« first « Prev 1 2 3