Good Dream Hostel (Khun Ying House ) Reviews

15/19 Moo. 1, sairee beach, Koh Tao, Thailand

Not very social, no communal area or bar/eating area. Not a quality sleep as some dive early in the morning and some party till early morning, with 8 people in the dorm there's people coming and ping all the time. Can stay in bungalows on beach for cheaper.

• 14th Jul 2014

A common area is truly provided just front of reception,with Tv, Dvd player and a lots of benches and stolls (where the people'd used it for foods and drinks).A bit wonder how you missed this!!! Coz it is dorm typed accommodation,it is quite easy to organize with your other roomies.Otherwise,you can upgrade to different room types by paying a few extras.Thanks.

"European" style of the hostel, nice rooms and bathroom. 30 min walking from Pier

• 10th Jul 2014
  • Poland

Really good place to stay if your with friends or travelling alone. The communal area just outside the dorms is decent, and is a great way to meet people and have a few drinks. The owner is really friendly and speaks good english, but seemed to be away half of the time. The beds are comfy, the lockers are big enough to fit your whole backpack in

Really nice hostel, toilets and showers were very clean and nice. But they just lack a nice common area for everyone. It's pretty close to Sairee beach about 5 mins walking.

Accommodation in Sairee beach in general was overpriced. This hostel was no exception but it did provide the basics.

Thanks your review mate.For 8 beds dorm ensuite with 2 air conditioned,2 fans,free rental towel and snorkeling gears,free wifi,tv,dvd player, fridge ,etc...,the rates around 10$ would be very appropriate.And sairee beach is a tourist spot and the island stands on private source for water, electricity and so far.So it gets a little bit price up compared with the mainland destinations,i think.

I had a brilliant stay at good dream, I had a motorbike accident on the 3rd day of my stay so I was useless when it came to going to place but ryan the manager, he was excellent! offered me pick ups and drop offs to certain locations I needed to go too. spoke very good English so it was easy to communicate. I really enjoyed my stay here and I will come back once I'm 100% recovered. 2 minute walk to all the pubs/restaurants/7-11. highly recommend coming here.

• 29th Jun 2014

Has the bare essentials but no personality. It really is just a place to stay. No vibe. Nowhere to chill out and talk to other people in the hostel and the staff is not so nice

Hmmm !!!!! May be you missed our communal area that is for your people to chill out and meet with the others,provided with tools,benches ,tables,flat tv,dvd player also.

One of the best hostels in thailand. Close to beach, restaurants and nightlife. The rooms are clean and have a wonderful big bathroom. If you want to meet new people choose this hostel.

We booked via the mobile app on hostel world and arrived to find we had booked a fan room and not air con. No where on the app payment page was it make clear that we where paying not paying for an aircom room. The hostel told us to take it up with hostel world, even though he could see the issue with the app. Apart from that issue all good.

Thanks for your reviews and rating points my dear.Our hostel provides the right room types to the customers according to the bookings status from hostelworld via.As a chance,you can easily upgrade to the other room types with special rates.But you will be very responsible to learn about the information of the room types you booked.

Dorm rooms were well designed. 4 bed dorm had 2 good ensuite showers and toilets. Beds were comfy too with own power outlets.

The man behind reception was lovely, he carried my bags, booked my ferry for me, he even let me keep my things in my room until I was back from a diving trip even though it was after the check out time.

Perfect clean hostel, all you need, good Wifi, clean showers and close to everything, 100% reccommendable !

A good hostel to stay in Koh Tao. The staff is friendly. You can ask them, if you have any problems. The dorms are clean and have enough space. Unfortunately there ist no lobby, where you can sitdown. There are just some tables and benches in front of the hostel. In the first night my friend and I had to sleep in two separated rooms, but in the second night they put as together in one room.

Close to the beach... That's pretty all I can say. The staff were not nice at all. Very rude at times. Clean beds and has Air con!!

Decent place to stay in Koh Tao, best deal for an air conditioned hostel in the area and back a bit from the street so quiet. Internet didn't really work, but room was clean and AC was nice and cold. Bathrooms were very basic.

Place was cheap and clean. No hot water in showers and not much space in rooms. Place doesnt have laundry which is annoying

• 23rd Apr 2014

Thanks for your review my dear.In the moment you are in my hostel,the laundry service was temporary stopped due to labor shortage.But two laundry shops run just 500 meter far out from our hostel.

Very good choice for a stay in Ko Tao. Great food and beach in walking distance.

Technically, nothing is wrong with this hostel. Shower is hot, water seems okay, wifi works quite well for Koh Tao and the bed itself was clean. However, staff seemed a tiny bit unfriendly and strict about procedures (not even a quick shower after checkout, 500 Baht extra); also, someone has taken 2 shirts and my flip flops from the clothes line outside (my fault, but still). Other than that, it's super cheap and okay. Check for bungalows by the beach as well, same price but you are alone.

Hot and cold shower rooms locate separately.You might be in the cold one.For those who'd already checked out,shower is provided with 50 baht.Not 500 baht. But as we noticed on the walls,500baht will be fined for those who are trying to use shower facilities without acknowledgement after check out and for some people staying not in our hostel.Actually,you can keep any your belongs in the locker which is really enough big.

Been there twice now. Does everything you need it to. Close enough to everything but in the background so no noise for a good nights sleep. Comfy beds too.

Dorms are nice and tidy! Little expensive for Thailand, but so is the whole of Koh Tao. Nice atmosphere, really enjoyed my stay!