Fabulous 720 Total Reviews
Fabulous 720 Total Reviews
Good Dream Hostel (Khun Ying House ) Located at 15/19 Moo. 1, sairee beach, Koh Tao.
Thailand
Koh Tao surathani 84360 15/19 Moo. 1, sairee beach
83% 720
10.1023670 99.8286867
    Rooms available

20th Apr 2016

Pros: VERY Clean, A/C, ok wifi (worked most of the time), ensuite bathrooms, close to everything in Sairee but could sleep if I had an early dive. Best in Sairee. Cons: No real atmosphere--people hung out in rooms b/c common area had no AC. Lots of groups just keeping to themselves. Staff disinterested (but I would not say rude). No lockers--safe not big enough for more than a passport and iPad. Used personal Portable safe for my laptop. Could get rid of couch and put in lockers.

• England, Male, 18-24
17th Apr 2016

Staff were always friendly and willing to help. Rooms were clean and location couldn't be more ideal. 5 minutes from the beach but away from all the noise. Would recommend!

15th Apr 2016

Fantastic hostel - you'll be glad you stayed here! Rooms are sleek in design and have comfortable beds and even a sofa in the room, fridge & strong air con. Bathroom is ensuite and has a separate toilet and nice shower. Laundry is at the Pranee Hotel directly across for 50 THB/kg. Met others in the room who were awesome, otherwise it's hit or miss if you meet people if traveling alone. It's about a 15 min walk to the main beach called Sairee, you'll pass by restaurants, etc. to get there.

• England, Female, 25-30
10th Apr 2016
5.7

The reception staff are slow, unfriendly and not the most helpful. The hostel is set back behind other buildings and means walking down unlit paths to reach it. Atmosphere is severely lacking. The actual rooms are clean and pretty nice, decent hot shower. Near to Samantha which is a great place for breakfast and big blue diving where we had an amazing scuba experience but would stay somewhere else if we ever went back. Close to beach and strip.

10th Apr 2016
6.9

Pros: comfy beds and clean bathrooms, good location. Cons: no real atmosphere as the isn't much of a hangout area. Also, sadly, a lot of the staff were just rude and unfriendly. The guy who checked me in barely acknowledged me and just barked the price at me. Another time I was asked to review security footage to see if I had done something wrong (it wasn't me) but it made me feel uncomfortable and like I was being accused of something. If staff improve, this place could be great

We didn't accuse you anything.But we just invited you to have a look on what we found on screen as a way of help.So sorry for your personel feeling for that.

7th Apr 2016

Very nice! Had a private room and it was nicer than most hotels. Staff is very friendly and hostel is located just a few minute's walk from the main walking streets.

• England, Couple, 25-30
6th Apr 2016
7.4

Very expensive for a dorm but the rooms were very clean and each had 2 showers and toilets. Close enough to all the bars but far enough away to sleep if needed. Short walk to the beach and decent aircon.

• England, Female, 18-24
3rd Apr 2016

When we booked to stay here, we unknowingly were booked in the Good Dreams older rooms. When we arrived the staff offered us to see the room before we put our bags in there- which was good because we did not want to stay there. If you book here, I would recommend staying in the new building. The new building is lovely - very modern, comfy beds, good shower and includes a balcony.

2nd Apr 2016

The place is simple but has everything you could need to have a pleasant stay in Koh Tao. It felt pretty secure and I was able to get good sleep, a big deal since I was getting up early to go diving. It doesn't have a super fun or sociable atmosphere in my opinion but who cares when you can go down to the beach to party?

• Canada, Female, 25-30
2nd Apr 2016

Very clean. Comes with a safe box. 2 mins walk to the beach. 5 min walk to 7-11. Would stay again.