Good Dream Hostel (Khun Ying House ) Reviews

15/19 Moo. 1, sairee beach, Koh Tao, Thailand

Fine hostel. Basic but has everything you need. Great location. Small problems with WiFi.

Perfect location, near the beach parties, but still no noise at night at the hostel! I loved it in Sairee Beach!

• 18th Jan 2015

Very helpful staff and only a few mins from the beach and bars etc. Unfortunately, the building works and noise ruined it a little (although this is pre warned on the site). Overall, a good stay!

Stayed for our first night in Koh Tao as had planned to be diving and book accommodation with that. Good location as few minutes walk to the beach. At the time of our visit they were building works going on so a little bit noisy in mornings. Booked a double room and was clean.

• 15th Jan 2015

It's a good hostel. Close to the beach, with lockers, the installations sounds pretty new. I would stay that again. The only thing that I didn't like is that the deposit for the key is too high (the same price as a night). They don't have a common area for the guests the. Is hard to meet people, but to sleep, take shower (the basic necessities) is more than enough.

Thanks for your review my dear!!!300 baht key deposit for dorm doesn't really look high.Even we provide a real common area that is very visible and the other customer always hang out by drinking,playing cards and playing guitar sometime,i can't really imagine how you didn't see that.

The room is a little bit small but perfect for a couple and not far from the beach and all bars, but enough far to avoir loudy bars around.

Simple accommodation close to the beach and bar areas. Can't complain.

Ryan is one of the most helpful and friendly managers I have ever met in a hostel, the location is near plenty of restaurants, fun bars and the beach Don't even question it, if you are staying on koh Tao stay here

A group of us stayed here in a shared dorm over the Christmas period and had such a brilliant time. The rooms were spacious, and kept clean. Ryan who works there is such a helpful guy, and even though we were willing to pay for our friend who couldn't make the first night, he didn't bat an eyelid at taking it off the bill. It's in a great location, and great value for money. Apart from a slightly odd smell from the bathroom every now and again, we couldn't fault the place, and were sad to leave.

• 23rd Dec 2014

we had a very pleasant stay!

Great value for money, friendly staff, 5 minute walk to the beach and bars/nightlife. Stayed in an 8 bed dorm with attached bathroom with 2 toilets

The guy working at the reception was the most friendy one I ever met at any hostel. The people who stayed there were quite cool, the dorm was nice, also the beds. The bathroom (one for one room): it was a bit tricky to change or shower without enough light and the toilets were often not that clean but that really depended on my roommates, not on the cleaners. I always got my information from the reception guy, he helped me a lot and was super friendly. I always would go there again!

• 5th Dec 2014

The most clean hostel on my journey! Wauw! And a very new dorm, thought about all little things you need. Good beds, good location and facilities, thank you!

Nice place. We turned up a day early but had previously emailed prior to our arrival but the staff had not communicated well and were very confused. But very helpful sorting our room. Fan was good and so were facilities. good location right near the main road.

It was ok, not more and not less. One disgusting thing is that the trash bin next to the toilet seat were full for 2 days before they changed it. Location was bad, not center of sairee.

Thanks for your review my dear!!!2 mintues from main sairee beach and 4 minutes from main center that you can get everything like 7/11, super market,atm,exchange center,clinic,pharmacy,travel agency,rental shops,pub,restaurant,cheap food stalls etc..So our hostel isn't still on center???? Together 4 bins are provided for 8 beds dorm.The other 3 bins are still remained for any trashes while one gets full.

Staff quite unfriendly on arrival, lots of waiting around without being told why. They all take over the communal area in the evening and play musical instruments and sing badly. Overall not a great stay.

Fan room with a lovely warm shower. The beds were also so comfy!

Beds in the dorm are very comfy, everyone has space to store their luggage, and has an own spacious locker. There is a common area outside where you can easily meet people but it is nothing special. Walk to the beach is 2 or 3 min so pretty close, same for shops, bars, restaurants. I can recommend the place and would go there again.

Was brilliant, thanks!

• 11th Nov 2014

We stayed here for 3 nights and when checking in the man was so unhelpful. Rooms were basic but clean enough and only 5 minute walk from strip and beach. There was a younger man on reception for rest of stay and he was very nice and helpful compared with other. Hostel is ok to stay for a night or 2 but didn't have much of an atmosphere.

« first « Prev 1 2 3