Good Dream Hostel (Khun Ying House ) Reviews

15/19 Moo. 1, sairee beach, Koh Tao, Thailand

This is by far the best hostel on the island. Exceptionally clean and very comfortable beds. Friendly atmosphere and staff, great value for money. Just book this one and forget the rest.

Ryan the manager is a good guy. He is very on the ball and welcoming. Beds were nice and big. Lockers to keep stuff in (bring your own padlock). Showers were good, some ants, but not ridiculous. 5-10 mins walk from the beach which makes hostel feel a bit isolated, but your not far from everything really. Would stay there again.

• 8th Aug 2014

It was a bit off the beach, but the value was the best. The other hostels are old and dirty and this place is top notch. The rooms are comfortable and cold and the bathroom setup is ideal. It's the best value on Sairee beach.

Clean rooms, social common area, everything was perfect

Decent and clean hostel about 5 minutes walk from the centre. Staff could be more friendly.

Not very social, no communal area or bar/eating area. Not a quality sleep as some dive early in the morning and some party till early morning, with 8 people in the dorm there's people coming and ping all the time. Can stay in bungalows on beach for cheaper.

• 14th Jul 2014

A common area is truly provided just front of reception,with Tv, Dvd player and a lots of benches and stolls (where the people'd used it for foods and drinks).A bit wonder how you missed this!!! Coz it is dorm typed accommodation,it is quite easy to organize with your other roomies.Otherwise,you can upgrade to different room types by paying a few extras.Thanks.

"European" style of the hostel, nice rooms and bathroom. 30 min walking from Pier

• 10th Jul 2014
  • Poland

Really good place to stay if your with friends or travelling alone. The communal area just outside the dorms is decent, and is a great way to meet people and have a few drinks. The owner is really friendly and speaks good english, but seemed to be away half of the time. The beds are comfy, the lockers are big enough to fit your whole backpack in

Really nice hostel, toilets and showers were very clean and nice. But they just lack a nice common area for everyone. It's pretty close to Sairee beach about 5 mins walking.

Accommodation in Sairee beach in general was overpriced. This hostel was no exception but it did provide the basics.

Thanks your review mate.For 8 beds dorm ensuite with 2 air conditioned,2 fans,free rental towel and snorkeling gears,free wifi,tv,dvd player, fridge ,etc...,the rates around 10$ would be very appropriate.And sairee beach is a tourist spot and the island stands on private source for water, electricity and so far.So it gets a little bit price up compared with the mainland destinations,i think.

Such a great hostel. Clean, central, huge rooms, air con, staff not overly friendly but a smile goes a long way. Stayed for four nights and it was one of the best places I went!

I had a brilliant stay at good dream, I had a motorbike accident on the 3rd day of my stay so I was useless when it came to going to place but ryan the manager, he was excellent! offered me pick ups and drop offs to certain locations I needed to go too. spoke very good English so it was easy to communicate. I really enjoyed my stay here and I will come back once I'm 100% recovered. 2 minute walk to all the pubs/restaurants/7-11. highly recommend coming here.

• 29th Jun 2014

Has the bare essentials but no personality. It really is just a place to stay. No vibe. Nowhere to chill out and talk to other people in the hostel and the staff is not so nice

Hmmm !!!!! May be you missed our communal area that is for your people to chill out and meet with the others,provided with tools,benches ,tables,flat tv,dvd player also.

One of the best hostels in thailand. Close to beach, restaurants and nightlife. The rooms are clean and have a wonderful big bathroom. If you want to meet new people choose this hostel.

We booked via the mobile app on hostel world and arrived to find we had booked a fan room and not air con. No where on the app payment page was it make clear that we where paying not paying for an aircom room. The hostel told us to take it up with hostel world, even though he could see the issue with the app. Apart from that issue all good.

Thanks for your reviews and rating points my dear.Our hostel provides the right room types to the customers according to the bookings status from hostelworld via.As a chance,you can easily upgrade to the other room types with special rates.But you will be very responsible to learn about the information of the room types you booked.

Dorm rooms were well designed. 4 bed dorm had 2 good ensuite showers and toilets. Beds were comfy too with own power outlets.

The man behind reception was lovely, he carried my bags, booked my ferry for me, he even let me keep my things in my room until I was back from a diving trip even though it was after the check out time.

Perfect clean hostel, all you need, good Wifi, clean showers and close to everything, 100% reccommendable !

A good hostel to stay in Koh Tao. The staff is friendly. You can ask them, if you have any problems. The dorms are clean and have enough space. Unfortunately there ist no lobby, where you can sitdown. There are just some tables and benches in front of the hostel. In the first night my friend and I had to sleep in two separated rooms, but in the second night they put as together in one room.

Close to the beach... That's pretty all I can say. The staff were not nice at all. Very rude at times. Clean beds and has Air con!!