Good Dream Hostel (Khun Ying House ) Reviews

15/19 Moo. 1, sairee beach, Koh Tao, Thailand

little safe in the room, close to pizza and breakfast all you can eat ;-), as we were there they had a construction area beside, which makes noise at daytime, but normally it's a quiete place next to the forest and just 5min walk to beach and 7/11

Good place to stay, and one of the cheaper options in Koh Tao. The office manager was very nice and helpful, he noticed that I had a motorbike injury and so he upgraded me to an a/c room for free to have a lower bunk bed, so I didn't have to climb to a top bunk. Recommend staying here.

I can totally recommend this hostel, stayed there 7 nights. Located at the northern part of Sairee beach and really close to the beach. The staff is super friendly and cares about everyone. Clean rooms and bathrooms, common area and snorkel equipment. Just be careful when you want to rent a motorbike at the shops close to the hostel!

Room was fine and good location, but staff weren't very helpful- felt like we were being a burden on them. Also checkout time is 10am with penalties if you overstay.

We stayed here for two nights, the beds were unclean! The bathroom had a bad smell to it! There was a VERY large spider in it! Communal area is right outside the door so very loud in the early morning! Doors were rarely locked and lockers were made out of very thin plywood. Staff would come at any hour they fancied to clean the dorm ranging from 6am in the morning till 11pm at night. Wouldn't recommended!

Our staffs run from 8 am to 8 pm.How come to clean the dorm from 6am to 11pm??? Each customer has a door key we provide.We are not really responsible to lock your room.Not really possible to have a luxury rated standard with a very little budget.Thanks anyway!!!

Ok stay at good dreams hostel....nothing much to say apart from that it was ok.

Cockroaches everywhere!

The room is pretty clean itself by hostel'cleaning arrangments( 2 times a day and availabe anytime on your request).But you would need to be aware to contribute it by yourselves like using the bins provided for any kinds of rubbish and food waste(even not allowed to eat in the room) and keeping your stuffs neatly.Actually our hygenic goal would be highly activated by your contribution while the hostel is running itself.Thanks!

Close to the action on Sairee beach, nice rooms with AC and personal plugs and lights. Bathroom smells a bit bad but I think it's due to the sewage system itself not a lack of cleanliness.

Nice, clean dorms. Hot showers in en suite, short walk from main sairee beach area. Owner has good English. Wifi access is patchy in rooms unfortunately, air con not always on when you want it. Good price for what it is after trying various other hostels

• 30th Aug 2014

Thanks for your review my dear.Actually you can manage the air con yourselves coz the remote is provided stanby in the room for 24 hours.

This place was pretty average. The dorm was clean but the bathrooms weren't great. There was an odd smell to them and not a lot of counter space. The staff was ok-- somewhat friendly but not as willing to help figure out plans as other hostel staff have been. I was also a bit offended when the guy at the front desk jeeringly called a bunch of female tourists "sexy" to a large group of guys. I'm sure he didn't mean anything bad by it but I felt it was inappropriate.

Standard hostel. Close to the downtown area but a few streets off so it is quiet at night. Clean dorms and they come sweep the floors frequently. I was supposed to stay 2 nights and ended up staying 5. Would come back.

We enjoied our stay at good dream hostel. Everything was very nice. Thanks

This is by far the best hostel on the island. Exceptionally clean and very comfortable beds. Friendly atmosphere and staff, great value for money. Just book this one and forget the rest.

It's a very new hostel. Very clean and with sweet furniture. It's 5 minutes walking to the beach, shops and restaurants. I really liked the atmosphere there. I was travelling on my own and it was very easy to get in contact with other people there.

location is described as 'on the beach', however it is infact located on a building site, the noise can affect light sleepers. Although the rooms are cleaned each morning (swept and the toilets given a once over), the toilets were below the standard of cleanliness. The worst part was that there were ants everywhere, for 6 nights we had to sleep with ants in our bed.

Hmmm!l it looks a bit odd.You never let us know about ur bedding problem while we 're changing the new sheets to ur bed,pillow,blanket and towel every day on ur request.And how it is possible to sleep with a lots of ants for 6 nights? Top hygenic is one of our priorities in our hostel so that the most really enjoy it (checking the other reviews).So a little bit wonder how the toilets come below the standard of cleanliness!!!Anyway thanks for ur reviews.

Great social hostel despite there being no common area! Staff were super friendly and chilled out. Really loved our stay here as dorm room really clean and modern. Only issue is the bathroom smells awful.

Had a brilliant stay here! Best hostel out of four I've stayed in in Koh Tao! Clean, friendly, comfy beds, great location only a short walk from town but nice and quiet and Ryan was always extremely helpful... If and when I come back, it's the only place I'd go back to!

Ryan the manager is a good guy. He is very on the ball and welcoming. Beds were nice and big. Lockers to keep stuff in (bring your own padlock). Showers were good, some ants, but not ridiculous. 5-10 mins walk from the beach which makes hostel feel a bit isolated, but your not far from everything really. Would stay there again.

• 8th Aug 2014

It was a bit off the beach, but the value was the best. The other hostels are old and dirty and this place is top notch. The rooms are comfortable and cold and the bathroom setup is ideal. It's the best value on Sairee beach.

Clean rooms, social common area, everything was perfect