Good Dream Hostel (Khun Ying House ) Reviews

15/19 Moo. 1, sairee beach, Koh Tao, Thailand

This hostel is in such a good location, short walk from the beach and restaurants. Staff were friendly and helpful. The rooms are great - so clean and so spacious! The beds were comfy, the showers were hot, I can't really fault it! Would definitely stay again.

Stayed 2 nights when we arrived in Koh Tao. It's situated at the end of the busy area so great location for those who like to go out but also get a good nights sleep. They have a good workout area that we loved for a morning workout. I found that the new extension seemed a lot more sociable than the old dorms. Very clean through out. Not for those who like a loud party hostel! Overall, happy with our stay. Would stay again.

• 10th Feb 2016

Very poor signage so hard to find. Other than that, great basic hostel!

• 7th Feb 2016

Very nice 6 person dorm, would recommend.

Start with the positives: good location for a quiet nights sleep. Met some amazing people there, everyone is very social. Room is clean. Negatives: 500 baht depoait for room key and 300 baht for towel rental. 1 shower for an 8 bed dorm. Was told upon arrival (after a long night bus and ferry) no shower to use quickly, only to find out later that was one (2 friends used it after check out). Staff were a bit rude when I had lost my towel receipt despite it being written in their log book.

Really great hostel. It is really near to the beach, the bars and restaurants. It was really clean and friendly staff.

Great budget place to stay, very clean ano modern! Perfect location too.

I stayed in standard 8 bed dorm and slightly more £ deluxe 6 bed cos they became fully booked Both dorms v modern & clean, i met nice people - but the difference in price isnt worth it, i actually preferred the cheaper 8 bed. Tho its comfortable it does have a clinical hotel feel with not much atmosphere compared to other hostels. Owner can be abrupt, always served me at reception like he'd never met me before even though id extended my stay twice already. Overall, it was really nice.

The hostel is in a great location, close to everything, it's clean and the stuff is nice and helpful. The only thing I want to remark. Good dream hostel works with a hostel that is next door called Amonrada. Depending the room you book you can have a room in good dreams (new and nice) or in this other hostel, that's is still nice but is not what you see in the pictures. So take into account that if you are booking the cheapest privates rooms you could be going to this other building.

The photos of rooms providing in our hostel' d been hang out on our page.And you will have to know about the our property'rooms and building by reading and checking our description carefully.Thanks for your review anyway.

Very friendly and helpful staff. Clean and comfortable rooms with good a/c. Bathrooms are a little dark and warm but clean with both hot and cold showers. Good communal area by the reception. Would stay here again

the hostel it s great, two mins from sairee beach and the city centre, rooms are supernew and cool, one on the best good looking hostel, price a little bit expensive but ok. AS USUAL, like in the whole thailand, the thailandese are terrible hospitality workers. especially here. never a smile, not helpfull nor a good morning or something. at 11 in the night they just turn off the light in the common area without care if there is somebody or not. as well the airfan.

Stayed in the dorms and the rooms were really nice with confy beds. I had mix feelings about the staff.. The girl working there is really awesome and helpful but the guys aways looked annoyed.

We stayed in a deluxe 8 bed dorm. Bit pricey but you get what you pay for. Sairee Beach is a 2 min walk, met some great people. Lots of good restaurants and bars really close by. Beds were comfy and bathroom was well thought out - lots of hanging space, back of AC was here so everything dried quickly, two toilets, two sinks, one shower. Wifi was a bit slow. Would stay here again

This hostel is by far the cleanest and newest hostel we have ever stayed in. We booked to come back to it before we left Koh Tao because we were so impressed with the rooms and location. Definitely stay in the new building as the rooms are perfect! Highly recommend

Best facilities in a hostel in Thailand I got. Big bath rooms attached to the rooms with pressure on the shower. Everything is clean, good beds, AC, ventilator and safes in the rooms, kind staff, Hostel is very quiet, near to the beach. The only small down point is that the safes are small and a laptop doesn't fit in

Good hostel, but not extraordinary. I actually expected more due to the many good reviews, but it turned out to be just okay.

Rooms were large and beds were comfy, price was good value. Only thing that really annoyed me was the location of the air conditioning unit: the part that is supposed to be outside was located in the bathroom. This made the bathroom extremely hot when the aircon was running (all the time) and really reduces the energy efficiency of the whole system. What a ridiculous waste of energy! It might have covered up that the showers did not really have warm water.

• 9th Jan 2016

Nicest hostel I've stayed in yet! Dorms were great! 26 year old female travelling on my own and it was lovely to feel safe. 24/7 reception cover, own personal safe boxes and key cards for rooms. Separate toilet shower and bathroom was lovely. Reception area great to meet people. 5 min walk from the beach but far enough away so don't hear anything at night. Would definitely recommend and would stay here again!

Really nice hostel, we had a fan double room. I wouldn't recommend getting a fan room it was so hot we had to open all the doors and windows. Really nice staff we had a wasp swarm outside our light and they kept getting in so they upgrading us to a aircon room on the top floor.

OK accommodation. Good location for Sairee beach. Good value for money, clean and safe. No hot water.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4