Green Plaza Shinjuku Capsule Reviews

1-29-2 Kabukichyo, Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo, Japan

Needed to do this at least once. It was... strange!

An interesting experience with lots of insights into Japanese corporate life!

It's a great experience for one night, but not really suited for travelers. The lockers are so narrow that my bag did not fit in and a suitcase has to be stored at the reception. The experience however is surreal and definitely worth checking out. I recommend never to book two nights though, as you are supposed to check out before 10am and can only get back at 3pm.

I have been refused because I have a tatoo.. Thing I can understand, but I did never read something about this during my reservation process on hostelwolrd.. my 12,5% percent have been lost, since they refused to refound them... So, a bad experience, and I nearly slept on the street, since It was a very crowded weekend on tokyo, thanks to a sport event...

• 24th May 2014

NIGHTMARE! I wanted to stay here with my friend as a cheap option. I lived in Japan for 9 months before this trip with tattoos and had no problem. When I showed up at this hotel they would not let me stay, no exceptions. They also would not help me find a different hotel. I was left to wander the streets late at night looking for a place to stay. Do not book if you have tattoos!!

• 24th May 2014

Most of the staff was very friendly. One of the staff I wasnt too fond of.. This hostel is in a great location, less than 5 min from JR Shinjuku and 1 minute from the JR station above it. This hostel was very clean. The capsules were not as sound proof from the other capsules as i could heard the guy behind me snore and the "door" is just a fabric pull down. Wifi and a working outlet are an extra charge. There is no bag storage after check out. Bath house was great and massages very convenient.

Decent enough place. Location right on the edge of Kabukicho is convenient, facilities are fine.

• 16th May 2014

Shouldn't be in hostelworld! At the door the sign says sauna, but nothing about hostel, or capsule hotel, so you need to figure out that that's the place. No one in the reception speaks english, you leave your bag at a cloackroom and everytime you need something, you're supposed to ask them, the capsule was too small (I'm 1,83m) and the whole floor smells like fried stuff, even inside the capsule.The worst was the bathroom, that you share with 20 old creepy japanese men, all naked - no privacy

A great experience if youre looking to stay in a capsule hotel for a night or two. The culture is kind of weird. Since its filled with Japanese business men people typically dont speak to each other. All the same, it was a relaxing stay. It was nice taking a bath, then getting into the pjs they supply you with and heading to sleep.

Not an ideal location for foreigners. Staff was nice but didn't speak much English. Rooms with wifi cost about $50 more a night than regular rooms, and there are no outlets anywhere that can be used.

• 9th May 2014

Great experience staying here for the whole capsule experience. I'm 6'3 tall and was fine sleeping in. I cleaned up in the onsen and even got a nice foot massage for 20 more. Nice lounges and full service for drink and food. Entertaining areas were great. You get a wrist band to charge anything you add or get. Then pay on check out if you use it. I had a few beers and the foot massage so a little more but enjoyed it much. For the night time close to the Robot Restaurant I recommend that..

Yet another dehumanizing experience in Japan- like a parking garage for people, located in a seedy, hard-to-find part of Shinjuku. The staff did OK under the circumstances I suppose, but were rather curt at times. No power sockets in the capsules, because this was considered a "deluxe option"? Please. Honestly, I don't know what else I expected for under 4000 yen in Shinjuku. My bad.

Different type of experience for a westerner. Good location, but the tradeoff is that it's basically a factory. You're not just competing with other capsule-sleepers, but also everyone going to use the spa facilities. Check in line is huge. Check in time and check out time are strictly enforced. Impersonal, but a place to rest your head.

Horrible experience on the first night as the staff didnt let me enter the room saying that checkin time is 3pm even though my booking said 3pm - 12 midnight. It was 11pm at that time and I was under the impression that I had already checked in at around 9am when I left my luggage with them and would be guaranteed a capsule when I returned at night after a day of sightseeing. Instead I had to look for another hotel in the area in the middle of the night. Not at all recommended!

Great for a genuine capsule hotel experience. Clean, all services in the building (showers, washrooms, sauna, spa, massage rooms, lockers, restaurants). Most toilets are japanese style meaning you need to crouch and hover over the hole, there was usually only one western style toilet per washroom.

This is NOT a hostel for foreigners. It is a place for businessmen to go to when they have an unplanned overnight stay in Tokyo. I do not recommend going to a capsule hotel to travelers who are looking for a cultural experience. It is a place for Japanese people mostly and it should stay this way.

it should be stated more clearly that it cost extra to get a power plug in your capsule....

Value for money, open shower only incase that suits you, theres no private shower area.

• 25th Apr 2014
  • India

Nice experience forone night !

I booked for a saturday, and there were people who stayed out very late and were still talking loudly at 3AM. Can be noisy.