Green Plaza Shinjuku Capsule Reviews

1-29-2 Kabukichyo, Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo, Japan

Barely a hostel and most frustrating service and system which includes you having to check in and out everyday and having to line up to get your shoes back or get back into the place. Stay a night for the experience if you want but not great for backpackers.

Thank you for choosing our hotel and giving us your comment. We apologize that our system of the facility were not convenient for you.We hope to see you again.

Great location, good value for money. facilities were clean.

Thank you for staying at our hotel and giving us your awsome comment. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay in Japan. We all hope to see you again.

I think for the price you pay, staying at the Green Plaza Shinjuku Capsule is worth staying at. I think you should only stay there for a few nights as you have to get up in the morning everyday and checkout by 10, but having an bathhouse with inside osen is really nice.

• 30th Dec 2015

A bit expensive, but the staff were wonderful and the capsules were clean.

Thank you for staying at our hotel and giving us your wonderful comment! We are glad that you were having a good time in green plaza hotel. We hope to see you again.

Pleasant stay overall.

• 6th Dec 2015

Thank you for staying at our hotel and giving us your comment. We all hope to see you again.

This place is amazing, and it is a unique experience that you should take advantage of when you are in Japan. However - this is not a hostel. You will not meet other travelers here. It is a spa where most of the guests will be Japanese businessmen who will not talk to you. I have so many things to say about this place that the 500 character limit won't allow, but just do your research about what this is and stay here if you're up for a different experience than what you'll get anywhere else.

Thank you for staying at our hotel. How was your unique experience in Japan? As you say, most of the customers are Japanese businessmen. These days, more and mote foregin guests are coming to stay in order to experience more amazing Japan than other hotels. We all hope to see you again.

It's better than sleeping in the street.

Thank you for staying at our hotel. We all hope to see you again.

Interesting Capsule Hotel - not a hostel at all... Very good experience, good location, nice english speaking staff, good price, very clean. Must-do-experience for any Japan-trip.

Thank you for staying at our hotel and giving us your awsome comment. We are glad that you had a good time and experience a unique Japan there. We all hope to see you again.

Staying here was a good experience. I recommend staying in one if you want to expand your horizons. However, this is a capsule hotel and it kind of requires you to know the rules beforehand. Watch a YouTube video on capsule hotel etiquette before staying in one. I was overwhelmed at first, but the staff was patient and helped me get acquainted with what to do. This place can't accommodate large luggage so you'll have to rent a locker downstairs or at Shinjuku Station.

Thank you for choosing our cupsle hotel. We are glad to hear that you had a unique experience in Japan. We really appreciate your understandings of some rules of the hotel. We all hope to see you again.

Too much time in the line to do check in. Smell bad... the venue is too old. Always full...

• 12th Nov 2015
  • Mexico

Thank you for staying at out hotel and giving us your comment. We are sorry for having kept you waiting so long to check in. We will manage to improve in order to make all customer get satisfied, Thank you.

Staff were very accommodating and foreign friendly, which was very nice (even though my friend and I speak Japanese). While the capsules are a tad short for tall people, they work for a night! And the bath facilities were amazing. It was so relaxing.

• 30th Oct 2015
  • All Male Group, 31-40

Thank you for staying at our hotel and giving us your awsome comments. We are glad that you got satisfied with our bath facilities and could get relaxed. We all hope to see you again.

If you fancy the Tokyo capsule experience this ticks every box and the capsules are pretty space-age looking and cool. However I'd only recommend going as part of a group as there wasn't any sociable elements to the place bar the odd awkward interaction in the bathing area! I thought the facilities were good with the sauna and what not, though I found the rules of the place pretty strict. I am reminded to point out that it is exactly what a capsule hotel is meant to be. Functional and strange.

Thank you for staying at our hotel and giving us your comment.We are sorry that you felt the rule of this hotel strict in some ways.We hope to see you again if you have an oppotunity to come here. Thank you.

is what it is. Don't expect magic. Bunch of dudes in sleeping holes.

• 7th Oct 2015

It was a bad experience. I booked for 2 nights, and when I arrived to the reception, they told me I need to do check out until 10:00 a.m and do check in again from 3:00 p.m while I was planning to go out to an overnight party, so I came back at about 6:00 a.m and in 10:00 a.m moved out, what was really uncomfortable. Except it, not that clean compare to the others I stayed even in lower price.

• 29th Sep 2015
  • Israel

Thank you for staying at Green Plaza Hotel. We are really sorry that our system of this hotel was troubling to you. Recently, we have started the new system that you don't need to come back at 3 p.m. in order to check-in again. We hope to see you again.

This is not a hostel. Its a genuine capsule hotel experience, really recommend it atleast for a night. Bit like a boys club, all shower in a public bath up on the same level and walk around in robes and sandals the whole time!

Awesome place. It's not a hostel as others have said. It is a capsule hotel which is basically full of Japanese businessman and the occasional traveller within and outside of Japan. The area is around a busy central part of Tokyo and close to the red light district. The facilities are great because it's basically an 'ansen' which is like a Japanese shower/bathing facility. There is a bathing area, massage area and restaurant, make use of these! The capsule was nice too. Very memorable stay!

Thank you for your awsome comments! We are so glad that you had a good time and experience an unique Japan. Japanese onsen is so popular among Japanese and also foregin visitors. We hope to see you again.

This is not a backpackers spot. Filled with business men. It's in a good area close for the subway - use their map to find the place google maps is not correct! Facilities are quite old and not always the cleanest (several hairs in my bed)

Thank you for your comments. We are sorry about our cleanliness and made you uncomfortable. We will try to improve our service to make the facility a better hotel for every customer. We hope to see you again.

If you're looking to try a capsule hotel this was good. Pretty male-oriented though.

This place is great. I would highly recommend staying in a capsule motel for an affordable and unique Japanese experience.

• 11th Sep 2015

Thank you for your awsome comment. We are glad to hear that you had a good time and experience an unique Japan. We hope to see you again.

It more like a spa than a hostel. Not what I expected but it was okay given the price. I loved the baths. The capsules were comfy. The staff were superb! Food was very cheap. It is centrally located. Not too far from the subway.

Thank you for your awsome comment. We are glad that you enjoyed the Japanese bath and other facilites. We hope to see you again.