Green Plaza Shinjuku Capsule Reviews

1-29-2 Kabukichyo, Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo, Japan

This place was so good! Stay here for one night. When you check in you get your pyjamas which you wear around the place. The Onsen was on one floor with 3 saunas and a cold pool (all included in the room rate). Note that on that floor you walk around naked although there are a bunch of women there giving massages - I had one and I recommend. The top floor is for napping!! And the restaurant floor also has Chinese massage. You buy on credit and pay on check out.

This was a last resort as most normal hotels were booked during the cherry blossom season. Sleeping on the pancake-this mattress is rough. It's kind of a pain in the butt staying here as you have to lock up your shoes in a locker and fork over the locker key to get your wristband. If you want to leave and go out, you have to reverse the process; both steps require waiting in line. You cannot charge your phone in your capsule; you have to pay to charge it in the lobby area. It's an experience...

I will more appreciate if you have a plug in for charging battery in the personal capsule bed.

• 5th Apr 2014
  • Thailand

I spent two nights here and I would definitely return! Great place to relax/crash if your in Tokyo to explore!

• 4th Apr 2014

If you want ot experience a real Japanese bath this is the place, they have clean and big facilities for that. The bath is public so you have to be aware of that. They want me to pay extra to get wifi or plugs to my phone, but you can find a place to charge it in the lobby. They have staff that knows English and I suggest you speak with her.

If you're on holiday and wanting to try something new, this place isn't bad. But if you're trying to rest up before an interview, like I was, capsule hotels are probably not for you.

I booked here but didn't end up staying as the regular capsules do not have electricity or wifi. Also, I have some sneaky tattoos which I was able to hide, but started feeling nervous as I was asked 3 times during check in if I had any.. Staff were nice and didn't charge me and recommended another capsule hotel close by which I preferred.

A very interesting experience, there are numerous facilities onsite and a prevalent 70s vibe. Very unique, distinctly Japanese.

if you are curious to try a real capsule hotel, it's a good choice

Fantastic! What a great (and clean!) experience for a very cheap price. Just 40 dollar a night including "the spa". Great deal!

Real pain in the ass. There is no wifi at all , only in some capsules, which were already booked(wonder why?)and, if want to book, need to pay 800 yen more. What sort of resort doesn't have wi-fi in their premise? Also, if you want to take a stroll out of the place, when you enter you need to go through a sort of re check in process which can be a real hassle. There was a winter storm and I had a date so communication was key, but I had no access. At the end met my date but had to through a lot

This place is in a great location and is really easy to find from Shinjuku. It was quite clean and the onsen facilities which include sauna and steam room were great to have. The staff were very friendly and whilst most of them didn't speak English, there were a couple who could answer any unusual/difficult questions.

As a foreigner, it was a good experience staying at a capsule hotel.

here is no good!

• 2nd Feb 2014
  • South Korea

Very surreal, and very Japanese. Helpful and friendly staff who spoke pretty good English. Only negative is that you have to check out by 10 am every day, and then re-check in after 3 pm. Luggage can be left with the staff at the main desk however. Excellent budget option right next to Shinjuku station and nightlife district. No curfew.

• 24th Jan 2014

For the same price you get at a hostel, you get your basic essential facilities plus a public bath. For an additional cost, there is also a restaurant and a variety of massage areas. Only downside was a very low number of power sockets and computer access for the relatively large number of people staying there. It is slightly inconvenient of a place to stay if you have lots of gear, but if you want a standalone experience, definitely give this place a shot!

Excellent

• 18th Jan 2014
  • New Zealand

Green capsule plaza is much more a capsule hotel for people busy people who had to travel but its still convenient for travellers on holiday. It was a great experience staying at the place. Variety of facilities that they offer is an advantage.

• 16th Jan 2014
  • Indonesia

Awesome place to stay! You are in the heart of the city here. Very easy to find and lots to do neaby. I had my doubts about this place, but the staff are super helpful. The capsule itself was a bit small for me being 6ft 2, the light and heater stayed on throughout,so I advise bringing something to block out the light. I had the option to upgrade to a room with WiFi and charge point. Well worth it, even though standard room has Wifi and you can charge, but it costs. Definatly stay again.

A capsule hotel, an experience. One goes here for the experience, or because one needs it. One knows what one gets. The staff, although a bit non-personal, is efficient. Atmosphere is just anonymous, mostly Japanese men are here and the few foreigners we saw were busy with their stuffs. RIght in front of the Seibu Shinjuku station, and already in Kabukucho district.