Guest House Kinta Reviews

462,Matubarananseigomon-machi, Shinnmiyagawamachi-dori,Higashiyama-ku, Kyoto, Japan

Very close to shopping street, train station, tourist attraction... Very clean and quite place in the middle of beautiful street, you can can Maiko walking at night. So nice ! I feel so free and relaxing there. The only thing was Internet did not work so well at female dorm room.

I love the atmosphere of this hostel!! It's in a traditional stile building in a historical area of Kyoto.

Beautiful guesthouse, very good area, spotted many training Geishas. Very clean and big comfy beds with curtains. So restful, not a place to met and mingle with other travels. Wifi didn't quite reach all the beds but that was only drawback to this awesome traditional guesthouse.

I enjoyed my time here. Beds are huge and really comfy and private. The staff doesn't speak much English, but you're in Japan so you can't really complain. Funny thing is they speak Japanese here. The old lady people complain about was sweet to me, she just didn't know any English. And the young woman who works there hung and folded my laundry and put it on my bed for me while I stepped out for a minute

I enjoyed my stay. The beds are large and comfortable. The location is great. I saw many Maikas. The owner is an old woman who only speaks Japanese. She is not really welcoming. However, I got along with her and it is no reason not to stay at this hostel.

As a very positive person, I am very sorry to say the first time in a review that is is better to avoid this hostel if you are looking for some atmosphere. However the hostel building is ok and in at a good location, the staff is really terrible. It seems like they don't want to work in the hospitality sector.. They don't speak any word English. However this isn't a problem on itself, even a simple smile could not recognized on their faces.

Renting a bike to get aound Kyoto is very convenient.

as everyone mention there is this old lady :) place is ok to stay, big bed, showers good, nothing missing here. if you want to meet people to hang out with this is not the place; close to the sightseeing area of higashiyama cons - no common area and you won't get much info from the staff

Though the woman who runs the place knows no English, she tried her hardest (bless her) and was just as kind to you as you were to her. A nice location near the Gion district and probably the largest bed I had in Japan.

The location is very good, hostel is clean and cheap. However staff (old lady) is not very friendly, it looks like she do not want to be involved in any converstaion, pls she do not speak English. But possitive side is that she do not bather anyone, so even in shared dorm you have your privacy. Beds are wide and confi, have curtons to make your own private space.

A very helpful host who was very accommodating in letting us keep our bags in the downstairs before we stayed. Great area near Gion and a short bus ride from Sanjo. Recommend!

Great place to stay

• 11th Aug 2015
  • Mexico

Beautiful house, but the only woman who worked there was pretty mean to me. I've stayed at a lot of places in Japan and even if we can't speak a common language at least people smile and try to understand. I felt like I was doing something wrong just by being there. Only stayed because everywhere was booked. Good location though, pretty secure, and I slept really well in the dorms. Good privacy and very dark at night.

Great setup, location near Gion and beds were massive. Common room is nice, although the owner camps out there, so it's not very "chill-friendly." Place is ideal if you want quiet place to stay in great location. If you want atmosphere, you won't get it here, but other then that, no complaints.

This hostel is located in the pretiest area of Kyoto! The small streets, almost no cars, an occasional geisha passing through, the lanterns lit at night.. It is wonderful! There are convenience stores and restaurants a 5 min walk away and the Gion area for bars and restaurants is also walkable from here, 15 min. The riverside is also beautiful to walk at sunset. The staff doesnt speak english but we understood each other. There is a kitchen +washing machine you can use.

Person at the front desk didn't speak any English, which I thought was odd especially when you're going to be dealing with a bunch of tourists. The location was good though. The front desk wasn't as helpful with info compared to other hostels in the area ( I've stayed at 3 different hostels in the area)

Very clean and nice place to stay. Only comments is that internet does not have a signal everywhere in the chambers. Otherwise a very good place to stay

• 15th Jul 2015

Host is a Japanese woman who doesn't speak any english, but she is very kind. Great location, in the old geisha neighborhood, we actually did see some geisha's walking through the street at night. Good beds!