Guest House Kinta Reviews

462,Matubarananseigomon-machi, Shinnmiyagawamachi-dori,Higashiyama-ku, Kyoto, Japan

The staff were not very welcoming or friendly and on the one occasion I could actually find someone who worked there she seemed put out and didn't want to be disturbed. We didn't mind so much - we didn't really need much from them and the super clean, well located, affordable accomodation made up for it. Plus we loved our time in Kyoto, favourite place in Japan by far!

• 1st Jan 2016
  • New Zealand

Very close to shopping street, train station, tourist attraction... Very clean and quite place in the middle of beautiful street, you can can Maiko walking at night. So nice ! I feel so free and relaxing there. The only thing was Internet did not work so well at female dorm room.

I love the atmosphere of this hostel!! It's in a traditional stile building in a historical area of Kyoto.

Beautiful guesthouse, very good area, spotted many training Geishas. Very clean and big comfy beds with curtains. So restful, not a place to met and mingle with other travels. Wifi didn't quite reach all the beds but that was only drawback to this awesome traditional guesthouse.

I enjoyed my time here. Beds are huge and really comfy and private. The staff doesn't speak much English, but you're in Japan so you can't really complain. Funny thing is they speak Japanese here. The old lady people complain about was sweet to me, she just didn't know any English. And the young woman who works there hung and folded my laundry and put it on my bed for me while I stepped out for a minute

I enjoyed my stay. The beds are large and comfortable. The location is great. I saw many Maikas. The owner is an old woman who only speaks Japanese. She is not really welcoming. However, I got along with her and it is no reason not to stay at this hostel.

As a very positive person, I am very sorry to say the first time in a review that is is better to avoid this hostel if you are looking for some atmosphere. However the hostel building is ok and in at a good location, the staff is really terrible. It seems like they don't want to work in the hospitality sector.. They don't speak any word English. However this isn't a problem on itself, even a simple smile could not recognized on their faces.

Renting a bike to get aound Kyoto is very convenient.

as everyone mention there is this old lady :) place is ok to stay, big bed, showers good, nothing missing here. if you want to meet people to hang out with this is not the place; close to the sightseeing area of higashiyama cons - no common area and you won't get much info from the staff

Though the woman who runs the place knows no English, she tried her hardest (bless her) and was just as kind to you as you were to her. A nice location near the Gion district and probably the largest bed I had in Japan.

The location is very good, hostel is clean and cheap. However staff (old lady) is not very friendly, it looks like she do not want to be involved in any converstaion, pls she do not speak English. But possitive side is that she do not bather anyone, so even in shared dorm you have your privacy. Beds are wide and confi, have curtons to make your own private space.