Guest House Kinta

• 462,Matubarananseigomon-machi,, Shinnmiyagawamachi-dori,Higashiyama-ku, Kyoto, Japan
Very Good 151 Total Reviews
Very Good 151 Total Reviews
Guest House Kinta Located at 462,Matubarananseigomon-machi, Shinnmiyagawamachi-dori,Higashiyama-ku, Kyoto.
Japan
Kyoto 605-0816 462,Matubarananseigomon-machi,, Shinnmiyagawamachi-dori,Higashiyama-ku
77% 151
34.9979126 135.7702660
    Rooms available

• Netherlands, Female, 25-30
21st Apr 2016
5.7

The ambiance in this hostel is far from welcoming. The location is perfect but the hostel is not very clean and frankly a bit dissapointing. I stayed for 2 night but paid for 3 due to a booking fault of my own. I tried to communicate to the owner. A cranky old lady, that I would like to stay for an hour or two in the common after dinner time to wait for my night bus. This seemed ok until half an hour later she came up to me and started to demand another nights pay if I wanted to stay longer.

• USA, Male, 25-30
20th Apr 2016
7.7

Location was excellent, in southern Kyoto an easy walk to a number of temples in the area; also near a large number of ceramics/pottery shops for easy souvenir buying. The hostel is very quiet though; not much space for hanging out, the wifi can only be accessed from the small common area (not from the dormitories), so not the easiest to meet people. That said, had an excellent experience there and would recommend. Other reviews are accurate in saying the hostel owner speaks zero English.

14th Apr 2016
7.7

The place is very beautiful and has great big confy beds, but no english speaking staff at all, so no possible to ask for recommendation, help or explain any issue. Made laundry and the filter of the drier was broken so all the clothes dirt accumulated went over mine. Didn't even bother to try to explain, zero english there. Cleaningless is very superficial. For the price expected more. Not even free shampoo, body soap or free disposable hand towels as in most of the japanese chain hostels.

• Netherlands, Male, 31-40
12th Apr 2016

Very hostel but the community room is closed after 22.00 so we end up in the computer corner. Which is close by the stairs to the dorms so you have to be very silent. When the room is open the(i think) owner is sitting in there and she is always watching tv. she speaks 0 English and seems to be grumpy 24/7. This kills the community room. No one uses it because of the killing atmosphere. For the rest i really loved the location in geisha district! the beds are really good to.

• sarah341614233
  • Ireland, Female, 25-30
  • Globetrotter
6th Apr 2016
5.1

The wifi only worked downstairs in the common area which was permanently occupied by the grumpy older worker, who made everyone feel so uncomfortable that nobody went in. My bed was in a corner and I had zero space to store my bag. There were tiny safes but no instructions and none of the staff even acknowledged me during my 4 night stay so I didn't want to use a safe in case I couldn't get my things back out. No local map, no recommendations list. Hours of 8am to 10pm only for showers. Bad stay

• South Korea, Male, 18-24
12th Feb 2016

우ㅣㅊㅣ

• New Zealand, All Female Group, 25-30
1st Jan 2016

The staff were not very welcoming or friendly and on the one occasion I could actually find someone who worked there she seemed put out and didn't want to be disturbed. We didn't mind so much - we didn't really need much from them and the super clean, well located, affordable accomodation made up for it. Plus we loved our time in Kyoto, favourite place in Japan by far!