Guest House Kyoto

Fabulous 527 Total Reviews

• Australia, Male, 31-40
31st Dec 2016
5.7

The man who runs the place was very strict. You couldn't wear shoes inside or your own sandals/thongues . They gave us some blue slippers to wear and then came into our room while we were out to take them back. Having to walk down to the ground level for a shower is a pain. Lots of rules and no atmosphere. We had a double room which was an uncomfortable bunk bed. There was water coming into the window seals. I would recommend a hotel as opposed to this place unless you want to be back at school!

26th Nov 2016

This hostel is good for those who like to be nearer to Kyoto Station. Or who prefer quiet neighborhood. Personally I prefer to stay near Gion since as a tourist there are more things to see day and night there. I stayed in the hostel for 2 nights since I needed to be near the Station to meet ppl. Hostel is good and meets all my need. Bear in mind, it takes 18 minutes walk from Kyoto Station. I am a slow walker so i guess a fast walker can do it in 15 mins. Internet is good. Staff is helpful.

• Australia, Female, 41+
25th Nov 2016

Very easy to find,clean great staff. We had a room downstairs close to bathroom. A bit noisy for me but my travelling companions didn't notice. Staff were very helpful with directions and other travel arrangements. Great little eating house across the road.

• leslie_dyson8301
  • England, Male, 41+
15th Nov 2016

Nice guest house, handy location would stay there again if in Japan.

• USA, Female, 31-40
25th Oct 2016
5.4

First of all, this was my first time at hostel and I had a horrible experience at Guest House Kyoto. There are a few reasons that I am happy to elaborate. 1 ) When I booked the private room, I saw two separate twin beds. Upon arrival, I had bunk bed instead. 2) The room had a really bad odor, almost like bad body odor that was not clean. 3) I did not expect to have the owners live in hostel. I felt uncomfortable. I had booked 6 nights and left the place after one night.