Guest House Kyoto Reviews

401-1 Teppo-cho, Shimogyo-ku, Kyoto, Japan

Great place would stay here again, wish there was more like it around

One of the best Hostels i ever stayed! The owner is such an amazing person! The hostel is small bad brand new, you feel more like in a Japanese family house. As well you get a free drink every night at the bar! Very recommend place to stay in Hiroshima!

Really nice hostel. Only stayed here for one night but I wish we'd stayed longer. The whole place is very clean and well kept. It's only a 10 minute walk from the train station, very easy to find. The staff have good english and are very nice, they helped us plan our day around kyoto. they had maps to give us and printed out anything else we needed for directions

Easy to get to on foot from train station and very clean place. They had nice bikes to borrow and the staff were friendly. The kitchen facilities were very cramped and so I didn't really use them. There are better places to stay in Kyoto!

This guesthouse felt like a home! It was a lovely traditional Japanese experience and my leadership group and myself really enjoyed our stay. We also loved how conveniently located it is - around the corner from convenient stores and a bike renting shop! Very cute!

• 21st May 2014

Great place that was pretty easily accessible. About a 10~15 min walk away from the Namba lines. Loads of food places that were 5 min or so from the hostel. The hostel itself was clean and hospitable. Folks with huge luggages might wanna consider if they're willing to lug up 2 flights of stairs to get to your dorm. Toilets and bathrooms were clean and the futons were extremely comfortable. Expect some noises from nearby eateries at night though. Overall, a pleasant stay!

Well run guest house about 10 minutes walk to the train station. A very comfortable stay with good facilities and a pleasant manager/owner. Would stay again.

You should devide into snoring-rooms and non-snoring-rooms ;-)

A clean place to stay plus kind staff and a lovely homey atmosphere~ I would stay here again and definitely recommend it

• 25th Apr 2014
  • Wales

Excellent internet and some of the best hostel showers I've experienced-with shampoo etc and hairdryers provided. Nice big rooms. The owner takes pride in the place and it's very clean and organised.

My experienced in Kyoto Guest House was amazing. Staff were really friendly.. Location are great too and would really recommend this hostel. Will definitely stay there again if I ever visit Kyoto again.

Had a great time staying here at Guest House Kyoto. The staffs were very friendly and made us felt welcome. Might be hard to search for the place but they were prepared and sent me a map. Really appreciate their help throughout our stay. Nice room and it is very clean even the shared bathroom. Pleasant stay.

A really clean, well organised Guest House. The owner took the time to help us with our itinerary even before we checked in. Upon checking in, he took us on a tour of the Guest House and showed us all the facilities while explaining the rules. Shared bathroom areas are very clean as are the showers. The location is very good and a 10 minute walk to Kyoto station with buses nearby. Toji Temple is a 15 minute walk from the Guest House.

PROS: good location, 10 mins walk to JR station , a big plus for me. Many supermarkets surrounding. and bus stops. Verv clean toilets and showers. Many computers. CONS: The owner himself is rude and super strict that scolds guests on a daily basis. He is a dumbass.

Extremely helpful manager and staff. Always at hand to clarify our queries.

While staying at Guest House my friend came down with a severe case of bronchitis (unrelated to staying there). A staff member on duty not only took him to the hospital while we were out he also paid for the taxi and refused reimbursement. Even disregarding that event they were super helpful and helped point out great attractions for us to visit. Seriously, stop looking. This is your new home for your visit to Kyoto. I can't recommend them more.

• 7th Apr 2014

Good hostel in Kyoto, this was one of two places in Japan where we didn't had problems with Wi-Fi/Internet(huge plus for it). In hostel you can use kitchen, computers and little library (Japanese books). If you are staing for longer and want make a laundry you have to take to account that there is a limited amount of clips to dry your clothes.

• 31st Mar 2014
  • Poland
  • All Male Group, 25-30

Very cozy. Highly recommend!

Would not recommend.

Very pleasant place to stay and the staff are very helpful. Good location easy to find if you read the directions!