Guest House Kyoto Reviews

401-1 Teppo-cho, Shimogyo-ku, Kyoto, Japan

Nothing bad to say. The lady and man at the reception spoke limited English but were incredibly helpful, welcoming, friendly and even offered to take me to the hospital one day when I said I felt ill. Super clean, pretty hostel nice and close to Kyoto station. Only suggestion is that you ask the station's tourist information which exit to take (by Kyoto Tower) and then go left by the Lawson's and coffeeshop on the left side of the bus terminal.

• 20th Apr 2015

Staff are helpful and friendly Stairs are somehow a little bit difficult to walk down

Thank you for accepting our request for leaving our stuffs earlier than check in time.

A very nice guesthouse, free tee and coffee, clean showers and comfortable beds. In walking distance to the train station. perfect.

A very clean and nice hostel.

Very nice, very Japanese... Maybe is my problem because Im foreigner, but i felt the staff was a little obsessed with No entering with shoes into the hostel. Even when I put my feet a little away from the limit between outside-inside, the guy inmediately noticed me, that was very funny, but everything was a Ok.

I did not have a problem finding the place until I got to the gas station. It should say, turn left on the street before ENEOS. Then after the florist on left, "continue" to the next block and turn right. Also the description says you must cross the pedestrian. It is actually called "overpass". Those are suggestions. I just wish Kang spoke more English. But that is true to about every Japanese home. Otherwise everything was good.

Great place for the amount of money. Helpful hosts, very clean, safe and convenient. Would stay there again January 2015

Guest House Kyoto was great. The staff were very very accommodating, helpful, and super nice. I'd definitely come back here again :)

The directions to hostel was unclear and seems like most people have the same problem. As I turn right after the flower shop, I couldn't find the hostel, an old man asked if I'm looking for Guest house, I said yes, and he showed me the way. Obviously it's not the first time people get lost from the direction provided. I suggest having pictures on the direction for the corners so people can find it easily. Although Japan is quite a safe country, it would have been nice to have locks on door.

Hostel is very clean and located right next to Kyoto Station. The staff are friendly but do not speak English too well. The lack of a common space does make it difficult to meet other people staying here.

Kyoto guest house is the best guest house I have ever stayed. It is very clean, tidy and the staff is so friendly. I like the rule of not having a shower at night of the guest house, that makes it is quiet at night for people to sleep. It takes me around 12 minutes to walk to Kyoto station so very convenient.

We loved it!! Everyone was very attentive , polite and the place was very clean.