Guest House Kyoto Reviews

401-1 Teppo-cho, Shimogyo-ku, Kyoto, Japan

The kitchen here is great and the man who works the desk is very friendly and always happy to help. It's a very quiet hostel, not far from the station but not really near anything. I would have preferred to have lockers in the room rather than downstairs, and thicker curtains on the windows in our room as I kept waking up at 6 every morning.

Nothing bad to say. The lady and man at the reception spoke limited English but were incredibly helpful, welcoming, friendly and even offered to take me to the hospital one day when I said I felt ill. Super clean, pretty hostel nice and close to Kyoto station. Only suggestion is that you ask the station's tourist information which exit to take (by Kyoto Tower) and then go left by the Lawson's and coffeeshop on the left side of the bus terminal.

Thank you for this nice stay. It was very clean and the staff was very friendly. They even helped me, reserving a bus ticket because the web page was in Japanese.

Staff are helpful and friendly Stairs are somehow a little bit difficult to walk down

Thank you for accepting our request for leaving our stuffs earlier than check in time.

A very nice guesthouse, free tee and coffee, clean showers and comfortable beds. In walking distance to the train station. perfect.

A very clean and nice hostel.

Very nice, very Japanese... Maybe is my problem because Im foreigner, but i felt the staff was a little obsessed with No entering with shoes into the hostel. Even when I put my feet a little away from the limit between outside-inside, the guy inmediately noticed me, that was very funny, but everything was a Ok.

I did not have a problem finding the place until I got to the gas station. It should say, turn left on the street before ENEOS. Then after the florist on left, "continue" to the next block and turn right. Also the description says you must cross the pedestrian. It is actually called "overpass". Those are suggestions. I just wish Kang spoke more English. But that is true to about every Japanese home. Otherwise everything was good.

Great place for the amount of money. Helpful hosts, very clean, safe and convenient. Would stay there again January 2015

Guest House Kyoto was great. The staff were very very accommodating, helpful, and super nice. I'd definitely come back here again :)