Guest House Kyoto Reviews

401-1 Teppo-cho, Shimogyo-ku, Kyoto, Japan

While staying at Guest House my friend came down with a severe case of bronchitis (unrelated to staying there). A staff member on duty not only took him to the hospital while we were out he also paid for the taxi and refused reimbursement. Even disregarding that event they were super helpful and helped point out great attractions for us to visit. Seriously, stop looking. This is your new home for your visit to Kyoto. I can't recommend them more.

• 7th Apr 2014

Good hostel in Kyoto, this was one of two places in Japan where we didn't had problems with Wi-Fi/Internet(huge plus for it). In hostel you can use kitchen, computers and little library (Japanese books). If you are staing for longer and want make a laundry you have to take to account that there is a limited amount of clips to dry your clothes.

• 31st Mar 2014
  • Poland
  • All Male Group, 25-30

Very cozy. Highly recommend!

Would not recommend.

Very pleasant place to stay and the staff are very helpful. Good location easy to find if you read the directions!

I had a wonderful experience staying here. Though there were other guests, the residence was generally quiet and peaceful (granted, I was there during the slow season). The staff is EXCELLENT, friendly and helpful with any and all questions whatsoever. My lodgings were comfortable and I felt safe and secure. The atmosphere has a touch of charm that hotels lack; an added bonus for the value of staying at a hostel. Nothing was lacking. I recommend very highly!!

• 19th Feb 2014

Excellent all around hostel!

Very nice and helpful staff. Clean and well equipped rooms and facilities. Good location, although slightly hard to find for first-timers but otherwise easily accessible.

• 30th Dec 2013

good staff and good place to live

Was there during the low season, only a very few other guests. Hostel doesn't seem to have a community room to hang out

• 25th Dec 2013

My second hostel experience in Japan. It was good given that my priorities were location, cleanliness and value for money. The staff was not only helpful, but also knowledgable and prompt. Anytime I needed info on a bus or activity, the host was able to give me great advice straight away. Definitely stay here again if I am ever in Kyoto.

• 3rd Dec 2013

The owner is very polite and helpful and the dorm room is very tidy and have clothes hangers. Good hostel although the location a bit far from the Kyoto Station, but not a worse one, as you hanging around by taking the nearby bus stop rather than back to the Kyoto Station. Wifi unexpectedly fast, as i checked the review it said slow. The shower room is also very good. no more word to say, i recommend this to everyone. trust me.

Our stay was OK but there were things that could be improved. The bunk beds creaked really loudly when we moved. The mattresses and pillows were hard. The door to the corridor had a gap over the top which let light in and it was difficult to sleep because of the noise of others walking or talking in the Corridor. The Kitchen was only available during certain hours. There is no Common Room. The facilities were clean and the location is good. The host was very helpful.

Near the bus stop, easy for sightseeing in Kyoto, nice staffs.

Location of the hostel was hard to find, but very clean und comfortable. Unfortunately no "living room" for all guests that you can only relax in your dorm.

Staff was nice, but there is no cozy room to get together but for sightseeing very good.

Shower area was top notch, loved the showers. Mattresses are thin but that's the same no matter where you go. Manager was very accommodating, stored our luggage for us on more than one occasion, got us a room on a near sold out evening citywide during November when the leaves are changing. Rented bikes our final day, had SO MUCH FUN! Please put little felt tabs on the bottom of the stools and table in room, it will be a lot quieter to move the chairs around and pull out the table if necessary.