Guest House Kyoto Reviews

401-1 Teppo-cho, Shimogyo-ku, Kyoto, Japan

I did not have a problem finding the place until I got to the gas station. It should say, turn left on the street before ENEOS. Then after the florist on left, "continue" to the next block and turn right. Also the description says you must cross the pedestrian. It is actually called "overpass". Those are suggestions. I just wish Kang spoke more English. But that is true to about every Japanese home. Otherwise everything was good.

Great place for the amount of money. Helpful hosts, very clean, safe and convenient. Would stay there again January 2015

Guest House Kyoto was great. The staff were very very accommodating, helpful, and super nice. I'd definitely come back here again :)

• 7th Dec 2014
  • Philippines

The directions to hostel was unclear and seems like most people have the same problem. As I turn right after the flower shop, I couldn't find the hostel, an old man asked if I'm looking for Guest house, I said yes, and he showed me the way. Obviously it's not the first time people get lost from the direction provided. I suggest having pictures on the direction for the corners so people can find it easily. Although Japan is quite a safe country, it would have been nice to have locks on door.

Hostel is very clean and located right next to Kyoto Station. The staff are friendly but do not speak English too well. The lack of a common space does make it difficult to meet other people staying here.

Kyoto guest house is the best guest house I have ever stayed. It is very clean, tidy and the staff is so friendly. I like the rule of not having a shower at night of the guest house, that makes it is quiet at night for people to sleep. It takes me around 12 minutes to walk to Kyoto station so very convenient.

We loved it!! Everyone was very attentive , polite and the place was very clean.

Its not in an area with many restaurants which stay open late. Beds are creaky and bit cramped. You have to remove shoes at the entrance every time you come in. No common space or lounge to hang out with fellow travellers. Directions to hostel could be a bit more clearer. The owner seemed pretty strict and there were very harsh instructions posted in each room.

Good place to stay in Kyoto. It is about 10 min walk from Kyoto station. A real alternative to a hostel because it was really quiet during the night. Only negativ point was that the corridor light was shining through the space around the room door all night.

• 16th Oct 2014

The hostel was very clean and quiet. However, the personal could barely speak English and they couldn't recommend any places to go out -specially bars and cultural stuff. credit cards not accepted. Located far from the 'center' of kyoto (where things happen). It was walking distance to the train station though

Great place, great staff, perfect location (conveniently close to public transport yet located in a residential area so it's quiet and peaceful) and everything is so neat and tidy! Thank you so much for all the help and tips that you gave us during our stay. We will tell our friends about this great value for money place!

Probably the cleanest hostel I have ever been to. Free coffee and tea anytime you want to was very appreciated.