HI-Vancouver Jericho Beach Reviews

1515 Discovery Street, Vancouver, Vancouver, Canada

Location is in a nice part of town near a beach park, but still a bus ride away from downtown. Kind of expensive, but the cheapest I could find in Vancouver. The atmosphere is quite poor as it is a very big hostel with so many people in big groups passing in and out constantly. People stay in their groups and there is no real lounge room for everyone to hang out and meet each other. I think this hostel also does not have any events!

I loved this Hostel, but I think it could be more organized. When I arrived they told me that my bed was the number 25 but there was already a person using this bed and its locker. Then I had to come down to the reception to explain what was happening. They quickly solved my problem by giving me another bed, but I think that all of it could be avoided once they were more organized.

• 31st Aug 2013

We can't use the kitchen sink cause its broken, it's very unconvenient. The air full of soot

• 27th Aug 2013
  • Taiwan

I've stayed here four times over the past year while attending a squash tournament at the Jericho Tennis Club. Perfect for walking home after the party. It was nice and quiet and I slept well.

• 23rd Aug 2013

The hostel itself isn't all that impressive, and there is a strange vibe throughout. However, you can't beat the location, I watched the sun set on the beach.

Being right next to the beach was brilliant. The 18 bed dorm was split into areas of 4 beds which made it feel like there weren't 18 people in your room. The lockers are huge, which is great.

• 3rd Aug 2013

I really enjoyed my stay!

• 25th Jul 2013

I could not stay at hostel at this time, I had a Family Memorial to go to and had to cancel, I have stayed at The Jericho Beach Hostel before and enjoyed My stay.

• 19th Jul 2013

Only one gripe The restaurant at the Jericho Beach hostel opens at 9:00 so no where to get coffee within walking distance!!! Would be great if they opened at 8:00 am

Cannot speak highly enough of this hostel. If you're arriving in Vanc for the first time then I'd recommend spending a few nights downtown before coming to this hostel as it's a 20min bus journey outside the centre, however after you've got your bearings and are looking to explore then come visit this hostel by Jericho beach. It's so tranquil and beautiful yet only a stones throw from downtown (frequent bus services). Excellent facilities, huge kitchen and v spacious lockers. Chilled atmosphere!

• 9th Jul 2013

Bed was full of sand from previous client. Staff were super helpful and knowledgable. Not much going on there but we were only there from Monday-Wednesday. Super close to the beach which was great!

Old building, far from downtown, 2 minute walk to the beach. After staying on Granville Street (not the HI though) last time, I was looking for a more relaxed and quiet hostel. This was just perfect. The biggest asset here is without a doubt the nearby beach. Not a big fan of the long way to town (I'm cheap and I like to walk) but the nearest bus stop is not far. Breakfast is not included but there is a very good cafe/restaurant in the building. If you want to relax, this is your place.

I'd stay there again! THANKS!

• 28th Jun 2013

I really enjoyed staying here. It is easy enough to take the bus into town or just take a bike. It is a beautiful and quite area close to the beach and you can visit the University which is a nice place. Because the room have walls every second bunk it is not too bad because of the big rooms. The staff is very nice and helpful. I totally recommended this place.

The staff were incredibly helpful and answered all my silly questions without hesitation. I stayed in an 18 bed room, the bed was comfortable and sturdy. The lockers were a good size to hold a lot of stuff. The only issue i had was the lack of privacy in the showers but really everything else made that a tiny problem. Overall, very happy with my stay and would go back.

• 1st Jun 2013
  • Scotland

I always enjoy staying at this hostel. I found the staff, as usual, exceptional - they go out of their way if there is a situation you need help with.

• 24th May 2013

I had a good time at this hostel but you should note: there is a lack of power outlets for charging devices in the rooms (because it is an old building) and there is no consistent WIFI in these rooms which is frustrating, the location is gorgeous, out on the coast in the middle of a park but it is about a 20-30 minute bus ride to downtown and a decent walk from the hostel to the nearest bus stop.

We had a fantastic stay. Very quiet location but not too far to walk to the centre of town if you want to. Would defiantly recommend.

• 11th May 2013

Great place to stay and appreciated the up grade to the en-suite bedroom