HI-Vancouver Jericho Beach Reviews

1515 Discovery Street, Vancouver, Vancouver, Canada

The front desk staff were fantastic, very friendly and helpful.

• 25th Aug 2015

The location on Jericho beach was beautiful and I enjoyed being slightly outside of the city. I would stay here again but would love to bring my bike to bike into the city. Regardless it was easy to get where we wanted to go by bus and taxi. The hostel itself was clean and basic. I did feel slightly uncomfortable going to and from the bathroom/shower in the AM when several guests were upstairs in the seating area waiting to check in (I assume). Just felt a little awkward.

• 22nd Aug 2015

The hostel was a decent trek to get downtown or to any kind of night life, but it was so close to the beach that it made up for it. The room was good, but the doors are so loud! Bring ear plugs and you will probably have a great stay! The collection of guests was a bit odd, lots of older people. Not a party hostel, but a great budget friendly choice for a weekend away. The staff were the best part for sure.

I did not like this place at all. I understand that it used to be a military building but it is trying to be an international hostel, so it should look like that. Everything felt kind of broken and dirty, and unwelcoming. The lock to our room didnt work, so we slept with the door open (although the stuff found out about it around lunch??), one of the toilets didnt flush, bathrooms were small and not very clean. The kitchen was just disgusting. Wifi did not work properly.

Everything there was good. The only fact I didn't like was that it's far from the downtown.

• 13th Aug 2015
  • India

I enjoyed my stay. the only issue I had was that there wasn't outlets for plugging in my computer. and phone...one two prong outlet for 4 people. Also the pans were mostly teflon coated and most were scratched and peeling.

• 12th Aug 2015

The best way to describe this hostel is a vortex; just drawn back every time. So comfy, so happy to stay here all day or go to the beach. Just amazing.

• 10th Aug 2015

Fantastic experience. Beds very comfortable, dorms well set up to ensure and consideration. Great kitchen and cinema, helpful staff. Great location. Will come back!

• 10th Aug 2015
  • Scotland
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Impeccable. Very nice stay.

• 8th Aug 2015
  • Mexico

Everyone on staff was kind and thoughtful. I had a quick check-in and check-out at two of their Vancouver locations. I stayed at the Jericho Beach hostel and the Central- Downtown hostel. Both were amazingly clean.

• 7th Aug 2015

First of all I couldn't get a decent nights sleep in this place because of one simple thing- the door lock on the hostel dorm. It was so loud when anyone wanted o come in and being in a room with 12 others meant this door would have to open and close at least 24 times in a night. It's a shame uch simple thing ruined my whole stay here. Secondly it was too hot and it seemed no effort was made to ventilate he place like putting the fan on and opening doors ect. The location was too far away t

The dorms were extremely hot and stuffy. It was hard to fall asleep at night because it was so hot. Those dorms could really use a fan or something to get some air circulating in there. Also the bathrooms were not filthy but they weren't exactly super clean either. The bathroom floors were wet in the toilet stalls and I am not completely sure where that water came from.

Locations to the beach is unbeatable, so its okay that downtown is a bit far away. Only thing that I found frustating where the lack of working charhers in the rooms an the 2 broken stoves in the kitchen that look like they dont work for a longer time. Unless that it was a great stay and I would come back

• 29th Jul 2015

I booked 5 nights at this hostel but cut my trip short and moved back downtown. The hostel itself was nice, however there was a really horrible vibe here, I was a lone traveller and I didn't meet anyone at this hostel which was quite disappointing! The hostel is sooooo far away from everything and all there really is to do around there is the beach, (which is a lovely beach) the nearest shop is about 30 minute walk! The showers only had curtains, no doors! I wouldn't return here :(

Under-sheet/mattress cover very dirty - need cleaning more often Wi fi weak in Dunbar Lockers need cleaning Very friendly staff and very eager to help and offer advice

I found the location of the hostel to be a little far from town, but there were stores that one could get to with a bus. Overal, iI think the hostel was fine. The bed was comfortable. I didn't really like how the sockets were... you could just barely plug your cord in. I think the cafe could've had more vegetarian options.

• 25th Jul 2015

Very nice staff. Not many electrical sockets. Girls dorm only one light for the 18 people in the room which caused some problems since someone decided to turn it on at 4 am... Location is good if looking to do water sports at jericho beach. Getting downtown takes over half an hour by bus. Getting to airport takes over an hour by bus, which was quite fast.

I miss the years of old where many of us regulars would meet outside the cafe for wine and chats. What can be done to pro.o te the cafe? It appears to be used sparsely. Thanks Stephen for your warmth in leadership. I look forward to seeing you every return trip. Dan Nordin

• 9th Jul 2015

Very clean facilities, extremely helpful staff. There's no designated parking for hostel guests and a decided lack of outlets in the rooms. Overall a pleasant stay.

Hostel is in a beautiful location but without a car is 20 minutes from the nearest supermarket and 10 minutes from the nearest bus stop. Plugs are only accessible to the bottom bunk. On laundry day staff were particularly unhelpful with getting change for laundry telling me simply that 'they don't have any because its always busy on a Monday'. Getting a few extra rolls of dollars on a Monday or emptying the machines seemed beyond their talents.