HI-Vancouver Jericho Beach Reviews

1515 Discovery Street, Vancouver, Vancouver, Canada

Very welcoming and friendly staff, and an awesome location for a hostel, plus just a bus ride away from downtown. Recommended it a couple of times while on my travels.

We enjoyed it very much although we were there just one night. We thought it was a little pricey for not including breakfast but I must say, the breakfast we had at the cafe has been one of the best breakfasts I have had in a long time. It was delicious! We thought the place was big and the kitchen very spacious so if we ever go back to Vancouver for a long stay we would like to go back because we can cook over there. The staff were very nice.

• 30th Aug 2014
  • Colombia

Great hostel. Good location, rooms are nice, staff are very friendly. Wifi works very well. I would stay here again.

I enjoyed my stay at this hostel. The dorms are large certainly (the building used to be an army barracks in ww2) but are semi partitioned off and very spacious, so I actually found it much quieter and more comfortable than HI downtown. The lockers are nice and big. I spent most of my stay with friends who live in Vancouver so I can't comment on the kitchen/restaurant/social facilities. when I did travel by myself it was easy by bus. The beach is the best in Vancouver (according to my friends)

Lights did not work I'm dorm, no air con or fans.

• 11th Aug 2014
  • Scotland

I had a great time at the hostel. However, at times their WiFi didn't work. Other than that, it was fun to have place so close to the beach.

• 5th Aug 2014

The bathrooms were clean!!!!!!, and sheets but no lining for gross comforter. Hot as hell during summer. Cafe Downstairs wasn't bad actually.. I absolutely would not stay here if seeking to mainly see DT. The beach is cool but cold. People and families were using the park. Minimal front desk staff. Some nice some not. The bus ride during traffic was forever but pretty Direct and close by. I'd say 20 min with 0 traffic and NO red lights. n the worst but I would never return even as last option

hostel was FILTHY. the kitchen and dorm rooms were covered in grit. If you walked around with no shoes on the soles of your feet would be black. I was afraid to use the kitchen because it was always so gross. the rubbish bins were overflowing and the benches were always dirty. The beach where the hostel was located was very pretty, but its was a 10-15 minute walk to a bus stop and shops were several bus stops away.The dorms did not have good facilities. there are much better hostels in vancouver

Loved this hostel and the location is great. Right on the beach 20 minutes walk away from grocery store and 20 minutes bus ride into town. Happily go there again.

The location is the biggest selling point to this place! It was nearly $90 for 2 of us to have a bunk in a shared mixed dorm. The staff is friendly but almost none of them knew what they were doing as sure they get a lot of turnover. Everyone was friendly and accommodating though and the building is pretty cool. Walk to the beach and a short hike up to 4th street for all the food and shops. The kitchen was nice as well.

• 2nd Jul 2014

Thank you very much for your feedback. As a summer only facility, our staff is still learning to fulfill the experience of guests. It sounds that we have not lived up to those expectations. I'll raise the issue with the staff and we hope to raise our service standard. Kind regards, Stephen

highly recommend to all ages and all nationalities; just remember that half the population snores; and half of those loudly

• 19th Jun 2014