Hangzhou Fiona's trip Hostel Reviews

No 12 Xia Man Jue Long, Xi Hu District, Hangzhou, China

Perfect location if you want to hike in the tee plantations and tee villages right behind (e.g. Yangmeiling). Hard to reach by bus, taxi is easier but much more expensive. Nice western breakfast with eggs and toast - though I would recommend to walk 5 mins form the hostel and get a nice noodle soup in a local restaurant. Offers bicycles for rent with is most convenient!

I stayed only one night there, the staffs are friendly.but I feel I am the only guest there, so it;s quite lonely. anyway the bed is clean, the bathroom is cold.

Great hostel. I've stayed in quite a few hostels in my time and the atmosphere in Fiona's is great. The staff were super nice. Also, it's nearby some great restaurants and of course the West Lake! If you want to go into the city centre, I strongly recommend "Hefang Jie", it's probably easiest to take a taxi. Just remember to walk down onto the main road for this, otherwise you might be waiting around awhile. Hangzhou is now my favourite place in China so far.

Even though the hostel is a little bit remote from the city (it takes about one hour by subway+bus to get there), the location is great if you want to walk or cycle around the lake. There are many restaurants nearby (cheap ones too!) and the staff is really nice and wants to make your stay memorable. They have an amazing amount of (good) films that you can watch in the common area. The rooms are a little bit tiny (and smelly), but it's still a good value for your money.

nice atmosphere with big yard,location is not so good though

A little hard to find but the staff was helpful. Bathrooms were not great but the rooms were fine.

• 25th Oct 2013