Hangzhou International Youth Hostel Reviews

No.101-3 Nanshan Road, Hangzhou, China

The price I paid was not the price advertised on the site due to a holiday. I spent my first nights in a dorm room. The ceiling had water spots that looked and smelled a bit moldy. The front desk staff was mostly not overly friendly and would not help guests with obtaining train tickets, etc. I moved to a single room which was very nice. It was clean and had a TV and a nice warm shower.

• 17th Jun 2015

I stayed 4 hostel and 3 hostel was mingtown hostel in Beijing, Hangzhou, Suzhou But your hostel was worst and dirty I don't know you clean the room I only liked location

The sign to hostel is not is obvious, but the staff is helpful to provide adequate information for transportation or sightseeing.

I took the flight to Hangzhou and arrived this hostel at 2am. I am so tired and just wanna take a hot water shower. But this hostel cannot provide 24h hot water for shower, which I thought it should be a basic thing hostel need provide to their guests. Additionally, I found there is something wrong with my smart card for entrance. But the guard told me the time is out of office hour and I need wait until tmr morning to solve this problem.

THE HOSTEL HAS TWO SIDES AND I CAME TO CHECK IN VERY LATE AS MY FLIGHT GET OFF AROUND MIDNIGHT. I HAVE PROBLEM TO GO TO THIS HOSTEL FINALLY I CALL TO THE PERSON AT THE HOSTEL TO TELL HOW TO GET THERE, FINALLY I ASKED FOR HELP TO THE POLICE NEARLY. HOWEVER, THE TAXI TOOK ME AROUND THERE BUT I COULD NOT REACH THERE AS IT WAS SO DARK AROUND THERE. I ASKED FOR HELP A COUPLE PASSING BY.

Faster service at front counter.

This place is beautiful at a traditional old house. I liked that point very much. It's just located near the West Lake(Si Hu) so if you visit Hangzhou mainly for the lake, it wud be a great location, which is not even far from the train station. The cafe which is run by the hostel, the courtyard & lounge area were also perfect. The staff was also helpful but not super friendly and for cleaness, I hope they pay more attention to the shower booth cleanness.

We had a great time in this Hostel. The staff speaks English and is very helpful. Thanks

• 21st Apr 2015

The hostel is neatly located next to the lake and easily reachable by public transport (given you speak chinese). Simple rooms, very functional though it lacks a bar/meeting area. They have nice rooms with a stunning view on the lake.

• 13th Apr 2015

that's a rainny day when we come to Mingtown. For the first time it is hard to find the place, but second time we find it is a good place, near the Xi-lake , walking street.

• 5th Apr 2015
  • China

This hostel was cute and had a great location next to West Lake The restaurant was pretty good and also had a good atmosphere. But we stayed in room 1216 which is right over the restaurant and it was very noisy, with the loud sound of shifting furniture and walking around until midnight. Also, the room smelled bad, like a bad drainage problem.

• 27th Mar 2015

I booked single room for two nights and declared my arrival time at 10 pm, but when I arrived before the specified time the reception assigned my room to others because they thought I arrived late.Then, I was assigned to a 4-bed dorm. The facilities at the dorm are pretty bad...old and inadequate toilets and bathrooms.I changed the dorm to single room on the next day, and the facilities at the single room is much better than the dorm. The staff should really improve their management skill...

I was given the worse room in the same setting and was forced to stay even there is a better room available next door.

I loved the location, everything is near from there. The place was fine and the room ok, a few problems with the electricity lockets, the room was a little bit cold and the air-con wasn't working that well. The blanket in the drawer was super dusty and had like a bit of an allergy.

• 5th Feb 2015