Hangzhou International Youth Hostel Reviews

No.101-3 Nanshan Road, Hangzhou, China

Very good place. Close to the West Lake. Needs a supermarket near.

Fantastic location. Decent decoration and wonderful nearby facilities. One thing regret that no shampoo and both liquid supplied.

The location is so good and most of the people go there just for the west lake, then we can see the lake after 1min when I go outside.

The hostel is in a great location, Less than 1 minute walking to the west Lake. Bathrooms are far from clean and had a horrible smell. WiFi is only available at the lobby where there are only few hard uncomfortable seats. Nice Cafe next to the hostel.

My overall experience with this particular hostel was great! They emailed me confirming that they were expecting me to arrive. They gave very good directions on how to get to the hostel. The location was right next to the lake. I really enjoyed my stay here!

I was really disappointed with our stay here. I booked a twin room for two nights but we ended up only staying one night because it was so bad and I'm normally very easy to please. The walls of the room were mouldy with chunks of plaster falling away. The bathroom was filthy and the seat wasn't even attached to the toilet. The whole place smelt musty from the mould. Everything felt unclean. In the end we walked out and when I complained to the girl she didn't even seem surprised. Really awful.

My room was clean but there was mold on the walls and it smelled musty. I have stayed here before and building 1 is far superior to building 2. Next time I make a reservation I will only stay if there is room in building 1.

This hostel is very dirty, rooms stink and the wall are mouldy. We lived on the first floor, so maybe on thesecond floor situation maybe better. Staff work very slowly and chaotic. This hostel we do not recommend.

L'auberge est bien situé, mais ma chambre était épouventable. Y avait tellement d'humidité qu'il y avait plein de moisissures sur les murs. Y avait aussi de petits insectes dans mon lit. Le bon côté de la chose c'est qu'au moin ce n'était pas des punaises de lit..... Bref je sais pas si c'est juste cette chambre là, mais j'espère que oui. Je n'y retournerais vraiment pas

It's a nice hostel with excellent location. The rooms on the lakeside (but not actually besides lake) are somehow moist. Therefore, we change to the room in main building, which is very nice & clean.

Most expencive hostel I stayed at in china but the only one where you have to make the bed your self and the "common" room is a restaurant where you can't bring your own food. outside the commons room is no wifi. The not "locker" is a closet with 2mm wooden nailed backside. Rooftop terrace is very beautiful and the location beside the lake is perfect. it's close enough to the metro to walk it, you don't need a taxi as long as there is metro service (11pm). Stuff was ok, as well the room.

This is a charming hostel on the edge of the West Lake and, from our room, we had a lovely view. The double rooms, ensuite, were beautifully furnished. The bed was especially comfortable. The bathroom was compact but clean and modern. The staff were friendly, keen to provide any help they could and most spoke English. The hostel was close to most bus routes and a metro so getting to and from different parts of the lake was straight forward and getting to the train station was easy.

Only late for 30 minutes and they canceled my reservation. Had to take another room more expensively. No phone call or e-mail contacting in advance at all. And deposit could not be returned. The good side is the excellent location and vintage decoration.

• 1st Aug 2014
  • China

We booked this hostel via Hostelworld.com, when we arrived at the property they told us we got a basic twin room because we booked via Hostelworld.com. When we got to the room the whole room was smelly and damp. The airco didn't work and the walls were covered with black stains. We complained about it and after a while we got an other room at the main building. That room was pretty alright. The staff had weird protocols like different prices for Internet bookings and front desk bookings.

Staff young and fairly unhelpful. Room walls need urgent plastering. Woken up at 11pm by loud banging from steel sheets being dismantled from the roof. Staff in cafe attached pretty useless. Great location though.

nice hostel on a very good location right by the lake. Our room was large and very pleasant. Staff was friendly.

This hostel was fantastic - except for our room. We loved the location, the staff, the restaurant/bar arean, but our twin en-suite room was so damp and mouldy that it was unpleasant to be in. One whole corner was covered with damp and it was hard to breathe properly because of the damp smelling air. A real shame, because otherwise the hostel is great.

• 7th Jul 2014

Very nice hostel

Bonne hotel pas cher bien localise, toilette et douche hors chambre, cuisine communautaire avec un refrigerateur.

Thank you for your comments and suggestions to our hostel,we will try to improve and welcome your coming again and you can recommend Mingtown to your friends^^

Great Location, rooms very basic and in a bad condition.