Hangzhou International Youth Hostel Reviews

No.101-3 Nanshan Road, Hangzhou, China

I loved the location, everything is near from there. The place was fine and the room ok, a few problems with the electricity lockets, the room was a little bit cold and the air-con wasn't working that well. The blanket in the drawer was super dusty and had like a bit of an allergy.

• 5th Feb 2015
  • Mexico

wifi are only available in the reception and the courtyard, hot water supply is not 24 hr, but nice staff and good decoration. very close to west lake with 5 min walk.

The single room is not good, there are stranger smell in this room. But another room is better than single room. The location is well.

this time the staff is not really good at English and quite slow... there are not much restaurants and store, super market around....

Thank you for your comments and suggestions to our hostel,we will try to improve and welcome your coming again and you can recommend Mingtown to your friends^^(there is a Carrefour nearby~~~)

Room quality is still to be improved with better facilities, all day breakfast is very nice

• 21st Nov 2014
  • Hong Kong

Very good place. Close to the West Lake. Needs a supermarket near.

Fantastic location. Decent decoration and wonderful nearby facilities. One thing regret that no shampoo and both liquid supplied.

The location is so good and most of the people go there just for the west lake, then we can see the lake after 1min when I go outside.

The hostel is in a great location, Less than 1 minute walking to the west Lake. Bathrooms are far from clean and had a horrible smell. WiFi is only available at the lobby where there are only few hard uncomfortable seats. Nice Cafe next to the hostel.

My overall experience with this particular hostel was great! They emailed me confirming that they were expecting me to arrive. They gave very good directions on how to get to the hostel. The location was right next to the lake. I really enjoyed my stay here!

I was really disappointed with our stay here. I booked a twin room for two nights but we ended up only staying one night because it was so bad and I'm normally very easy to please. The walls of the room were mouldy with chunks of plaster falling away. The bathroom was filthy and the seat wasn't even attached to the toilet. The whole place smelt musty from the mould. Everything felt unclean. In the end we walked out and when I complained to the girl she didn't even seem surprised. Really awful.

My room was clean but there was mold on the walls and it smelled musty. I have stayed here before and building 1 is far superior to building 2. Next time I make a reservation I will only stay if there is room in building 1.

This hostel is very dirty, rooms stink and the wall are mouldy. We lived on the first floor, so maybe on thesecond floor situation maybe better. Staff work very slowly and chaotic. This hostel we do not recommend.

L'auberge est bien situé, mais ma chambre était épouventable. Y avait tellement d'humidité qu'il y avait plein de moisissures sur les murs. Y avait aussi de petits insectes dans mon lit. Le bon côté de la chose c'est qu'au moin ce n'était pas des punaises de lit..... Bref je sais pas si c'est juste cette chambre là, mais j'espère que oui. Je n'y retournerais vraiment pas

It's a nice hostel with excellent location. The rooms on the lakeside (but not actually besides lake) are somehow moist. Therefore, we change to the room in main building, which is very nice & clean.

Most expencive hostel I stayed at in china but the only one where you have to make the bed your self and the "common" room is a restaurant where you can't bring your own food. outside the commons room is no wifi. The not "locker" is a closet with 2mm wooden nailed backside. Rooftop terrace is very beautiful and the location beside the lake is perfect. it's close enough to the metro to walk it, you don't need a taxi as long as there is metro service (11pm). Stuff was ok, as well the room.