Hangzhou International Youth Hostel Reviews

No.101-3 Nanshan Road, Hangzhou, China

The location is so great, but more attention should be paid to the cleanliness.

• 5th Apr 2014
  • China

Unconfortable bed and room. Cleanliness very poor. Restaurant staff unhelpfull, and very high prices for the value.

• 4th Apr 2014
  • Spain

I stayed there with some friends who found it horrible. Its a very basic place and you find definitely better options to stay in Hangzhou

Thank you for support and advice from the hotel, we will try to improve and welcome to you next time

The location is great and the rooms are a good value for the money. However, we arrived later in the day and the hostel restaurant gave us food menus but then refused to give us food. When we asked if there were any restaurants nearby the staff seemed uneducated on the area or didn't want to help us. I would probably not stay here again if I went back to Hangzhou.

Thank you for support and advice from the hotel,we will try to improve~

great location, worth staying. but hard to book during weekend.

• 1st Mar 2014
  • China

Thank you for support and advice from the hotel, welcome to you next time

the location is really good and the hostel decoration is fantastic. however, the staff doesn't helpful at all and unfriendly.

• 21st Feb 2014
  • Malaysia

Staff were nice and spoke very good English. Wifi in my room worked excellent and my room was very clean. Very good location for exploring West Lake.

• 13th Feb 2014
  • Sweden

Overall, very nice stay. Clean & friendly. Language barrier was difficult at times, but everyone was very helpful. Location was good. Rooms were modest, but clean. Kind of dark. The main area to spend time was freezing cold & so it was difficult to find a place to hang out apart from on the bunk. That was main downfall. Facilities were good. Very close to West Lake. Walking distance to food/shops/sites.

• 30th Jan 2014

Very pleasant atmosphere

Beds where very comfy, allthough outside the room was very cold as the design of the hostel is very open. Probably best to visit in warmer months.

I stayed 2 nights in a double room. The heater didn't work, so it was very cold in the room, especially at night. The floor in the toilet was dirty, and there was a strange smell. One of the toilets was full of toilet paper and seemed to be blocked, the other one was ok. WIFI quality was bad, but not worse than in other hostels. However this was the uncleanest hostel of International Hostelling I've stayed at.

I have stayed in nicer hostels that were by far cheaper than this one and had friendlier staff. The windows don't really close, but with the aircondition you can heat the room so that it is ok temperature-wise

The 3rd floor is too cold..

• 22nd Nov 2013
  • South Korea

I was staying in doublebed with shared bathroom. There was plenty of space in the room, soft mattress and clean sheets. Remarks to shared shower rooms only; cleanless (though cleaned regulary) would be improved with adding wooden bars on the floor (prevents slipping, more hygienic, hides floating when drain is stucked) and by replacing panels between shower rooms with ceramic tiles. Panels absorb water and it can smell (bacterias) later.

We liked that the hostel had a kitchen and a fridge for self-catering. The hostel was spacious and home-like and the mattresses and pillows were very soft! The hostel restaurant was pricey but the food was good. Wi-fi was non-existent but they had two computers at the reception with better connection. Note to travelers in Hangzhou: You can rent a bike but can't ride it close to the West Lake.

Sound proof was poor that I could heard clearly what my next door said.

location is great.near to westlake on Nanshan Road.