Home Youth Hostel Reviews

Calle la Lonja 4, Valencia, Spain

2025 Total Reviews

Pros: - friendly staff and owner - comfortable beds - balcony outside of dorm - no bunks - nicely decorated common space - clean kitchen - free sangria one night Cons: - No free luggage storage; lockers charge by time and size - shower heads could use a cleaning

Great place to stay; exellent staff helpful in so many ways............I am looking forward to visit again.

The place is perfect!

• 9th Oct 2014
  • Poland

One of the best hostels I have ever stayed at - staff (Michelle especially!) are amazing, atmosphere really social, clean, good facilities (wall mounted hair dryer for the win), vending machine with 1 Euro beer in the common area, free wifi, great location, met some really awesome people and had an amazing time.

Amazing! Ran by travelers from all over the world,and a few locals too. We usually don't participate in hostel events but here there had a Sangria party night where we learned how to make proper sangria and we were all invited to drink it (free). Rooms were modern,super spacious and had lockers for free use. towels were free just required deposit (€5). Location was perfect, right behind LA Lonja, and 15 min walk to the towers , las Torres. Most staff was bilingual and super helpful!

There are plastic bags over the matresses which gets more and more common. I hate that and it makes sleeping uncomfortable and sweaty. In addition not all rooms have windows to the outside, so when we opened the window to the reception and kitchen area it was dificult to get any fresh air in, as there are people cooking most of the time. Location and staff are great.

Hi, dear traveler. We use anti-allergenic mattress covers which a lot of people appreciate, since it gives additional protection. We invite you to stay here again and let us know in advance if you have any special wishes such as balcony/window on the outside.

Very nice hostel. Not too large and a good atmosphere. Best part about my visit to Valencia.

Amazing stuff, no bunk beds, very clean hotel close to city center. They help almost with everything you can imagine!!!

• 26th Sep 2014
  • Czech Republic

we were stayed there for three nights. everythink was great, esspecialy staff was fantastics, we met polona , slovenian girls who works there. people was nice. location is good, close to center.

The staff were amazing with us, mostly Marco! The place is near of everything, we visited by foot!!

Loved this hostel! Great common area, very helpful, friendly and informed staff. There are no bunk-beds, which was a nice change for me! Fun decor and clean/modern. Loved having a night stand and plenty of outlets for chargers

• 22nd Sep 2014

IT was very nice: Nice people, Lovely room and the location was awesome! You have free wifi! One little negatieve comment, you hear everything of it's acoustics.

• 13th Sep 2014
  • Belgium

Location is excellent! Right across from the central market- great for fresh fruit and food each day. Some rooms are better than others, but all have personal lockers and AC. Two showers and toilets on each floor and it's easy enough to go to a different floor if they're full. It's a nice atmosphere and sometimes at night they make traditional drinks. Kitchen is small but has everything to cook. I would stay here again.

I only stayed here for one night and it got the job done. I wouldn't say there was anything extraordinary about this hostel that would make me jump for joy, but there wasn't anything to complain about either. Be ready to have some euros ready because you need a deposit for almost anything you do! Great location, clean rooms, ok community bathrooms and fair price. If you just need a place to sleep, go ahead and give this place a try.

Great hostel! Nice to not be in a bunk bed, the AC was awesome in Valencia heat, the staff was super nice, and the main area a chill place to hang out. Stay here!

This place is excellent. What it lacks in size, it makes up for in cleanliness as well as a very homely feeling. The staff are extremely friendly and helpful and no bunk beds is a refreshing change. Thank you to Alessio (Diego Costa), Alex and the crew for a great stay! Highly recommend.

I wasn't impressed with this hostel. The location is excellent, but aside from that I'm not too sure what to make of it. The bathrooms are shared, boys/girls and showers. Meaning that someone can have a merry #2 while you're in the shower. It's quite uncomfortable, + there are no mirrors in the room, meaning more awkwardness in the bathrooms. Only 2 toilets + 2 showers per floor, my roommates all felt the same. Not the best for solo travelers, no breakfast or family dinner's. I wouldn't go back.

Stay here in valencia! Staff are amazing, pub crawl is insane did it twice in 5 days. Would definitely recommend

Very friendly and helpful staff! The hostel is nice and clean and located right in the centre of Valencia. We really enjoyed our stay! The only negative aspect might be that you have to pay for luggage storage after check-out.

I have been backpacking Europe for 3 months and have stayed in countless hostels, and Home Youth is right up there with the best of them! We initially only booked 3 nights but ended up booking more as we loved it so much. The location is perfect and the staff is what made this hostel stand out, in particular Alex and Polona! Thanks for a great time guys, will be back for sure.

• 22nd Aug 2014