Home Youth Hostel Reviews

Calle la Lonja 4, Valencia, Spain

Really enjoyed this hostel. It had a really nice atmosphere and I met some very interesting travellers. I was very reluctant to leave, especially as they had divan beds, which were firm, and good for my bad back. My only fear with Hostelling was having to try and get on a top bunk, without my back going into painful spasm.

Very very good hostel in the middle of the center and super cheap. Comfy and clean beds. Although there is no breakfast provided, the market hall is just a few steps away and the kitchen facilities allow you to cook everything you want to. I liked that you get everything for free (towel, mano for air conditioner,...) and that they dont have so many rules about how long or when you can shower or stuff like that. I highly recommend this hostel!!! Also felt very homely and familiar.

I took a private room and divided with a friend. It was in the some floor of reception and comon room and kitchen so was a little noisy. Another point is WC that was in the same local, so you took a shower and passed in a comon area. But for one night was good.

In the first night i divided a room with two girls and was nice. Only one observation is the bathroom that are together (male and female), but it's clean and for one night it's ok!!!!

The atmosphere was great! It was the perfect location and the rooms were very nice. I felt safe at all times. It was very clean. I have no complaints.

• 5th Dec 2013

splendid wheather at started December; brilliant Valencia downtown lot of medieval attactions very friendly and competitive stuff in hostel

The room smelled bad and it was very cold and gloomy,

The hostel itself is good, but there was some noise after midnight. I slept in the 3rd floor, but I can still heard someone who talking in the 1st floor. I think the reception should set up a rule like no one is allowed to talk loudly after 11pm or so. Except that, I had a really good time.

Very friendly staff, spotlessly clean showers and toilets, nice kitchen. And best of all, real beds, no bunk beds. Would definitely recommend!

We only stayed for 1 night but thought that our private room was really excellent value for money. The bathroom facilities were exceptionally clean. The staff were helpful with any queries we had. The only problem we encountered was that our room was quite hot/stuffy overnight (there was an air con unit in the room but the controller was missing). Lastly, it would be great if this hostel would include a free or cheap breakfast as part of their service.

Only €15 taxi from the airport. Very central location. Comfortable beds.. Not bunks! My biggest thanks goes out to one of the staff (I'm sorry I didnt catch your name, you know who you are!) that helped me when I had horrible food poisoning and fainted in the bathroom. He went out of his way to make sure I was ok and checked on me every hour. Thanks again!

Good hostel and good location. Nothing particularly special about it - except for the phenomenal price!

Location is perfect and the beds are very comfortable! Definitely recommend it :)

It was well located. Wifi worked in most places. Rooms had mini balcony. Not a lively hostel but cosy. Full kitchen for use was very good. Beds were very comfortable. No information given when checking in was annoying. Floors were dirty and showers were gross. Would consider again.

Other than the showers being cold (which was fixed by the end), it was by far one of the best hostels I've ever stayed in! Fantastic atmosphere, met great people!

• 25th Oct 2013

No bunk beds, what more could you want?

nice hostel, appreciate the regular twin beds, and not the usual bunks. good size lockers in the rooms and clean facilities.

Centrally located hostel with great kitchen/common room area making it easy to meet other travellers. Rooms have no bunks which is great but floors were so dirty i couldn't walk around without shoes. Wifi is average usually worked in common area only, if at all. Staff are friendly and really helpful.

Nice beds, great location. Wifi works great in the common area. My only complaint would be the hot water was already gone by 9am, which really sucked.

I was only here for one night but it was a decent enough hostel. It was nice to have a real bed instead of bunk beds. It was a shame there was no breakfast. Which was misleading as previous comments said there was but the website said there wasn't