Home Youth Hostel Reviews

Calle la Lonja 4, Valencia, Valencia, Spain

Fairly nice Hostel near the center of Valencia. Could do with small shelve space for all the beds in the 4 bed dorm and more power points would have been handy too. Overall a nice hostel in a good location.

Over all we definitely got our moneys worth here. Just a heads up there is only one washroom/shower for each floor. We also found that the WiFi was not very consistant in the room. Besides that we enjoyed our stay and we would definitely recomend staying here. The location was awesome too, everything you need is within walking distance.

It was a beautifully decorated hostel, and we were very happy with our 4 person room. The staff was helpful when we needed to ask questions, and they even let us bring one of their towels to the beach. Be warned though, if you're looking to party, this probably isn't the place to go. We were talking in normal voices in our room and the staff came upstairs to tell us to be quiet because it was midnight.

Hello Kerry, Thank you for the review! We always try to improve our service, therefor we will consider as well the silence hour you mentioned! Greets, Pamela

Liked the smaller room sizes, friendly staff and very clean bathrooms. Great showers.

The showers does not work, there's two of them on each floor and if someone starts to shower at the same time as you the hot water disappears. The staff don't know anything, we tried asking about buses, address, conveniencestores aso- and could never get an answer. If you get a room facing the lobbyarea- you must remember to ask about the aircondition. They don't mention it, so we slept with the window open out to the lobby, and couldn't get much sleep thanks to heat, music and the garbageman

I would suggest this hostel to everyone, I really enjoyed my stay.

Best value hostel in Spain. Amazing Valencia location and so cheap compared to the others. Single beds, not bunk beds and not all crammed into a room makes it a really relaxing experience.

• 24th Apr 2013

Very clean, comfortable place in a a great position - excellent reception and cleaning staff. Comfortable beds and nice guests arriving here makes this a good place for chilling out and a good intercultural exchange. and Enjoyed my stay very much and I would recommend this to anyone who is looking having some nice days in Valencia.

Gracias! Era un placer tenerte aquí! :)

Interesting hostel to stay in, because of the design with ceramic tiles and the interior. Feels very solid and allround, only nitpick would be the staff they could be more professionl. After all, being nice=the guest is coming back

Hello Damian, Thank you for the comment! We always try to improve our service, therefore I'm interested as on your comment about the profesionality of the staff. Can you please tell us with more detail how we can improve and be more profesional? If want to send an email to youthhostel@homehostelsvalencia.com it would be great. Thanks and greets, Pamela.

Nice place. Convinient location in thevery center of the city. The place is a bit overcrowded in the lobby and has a faint feeling of railway station waiting room, but all in all it's ok for the staing. Location is a best advantage.

Hello Viatcheslav, Thank you for the review! We are always interested in improving. On your dates we had two big groups, therefore I'm sorry that you felt like in a railway station. I hope we can welcome you again when there is no group or smaller groups to get to know our hostels in an other way. Greets, Pamela.

It wasn´t the best or the worst hostel. Not really a great place to meet people.

Hello Melissa, Thank you for the review. We always try to improve our service. Therefore, can you please tell us with more details what you didn't like and where we can improve? If you would like to you can send an email to youthhostel@homehostelsvalencia.com. Thank you very much! Greets, Pamela

Very clean and safe,nice location. I would stay here next time too.

Big rooms and comfortable beds! Staff was very nice and helped out with everything! Location is great. I really enjoyed my stay!

I'm going to do what I call a compliment sandwich. Ok, compliment... Oh! There were no bunk beds. Something to work on... The staff were friendly but not helpful. The atmosphere was reminiscent of an awkward elevator ride. Due to it's proximity to the unisex bathroom with the broken door, the common room smelled of feces. You had to pay to leave your bags in their care after check out. And having fun seemed frowned upon. Ok, compliment... The showers, although in a unisex bathroom, were amazing!

Hello Jacob, Thanks for your review. We always try to improve! The bathroom door is fixed, thanks. I didn't understand the comment about the atmosphere. If you would like to you can send us an email to youthhostel@homehosteslvalencia.com. Thanks for your feedbacks! Greets, Pamela

There are cabinet with lockers. So it is convenient.

mThe rooms looked nothing like the pictures shown on the website. Our room was very dirty. There was one shared coed bathroom per floor which was located close to our room and smelled bad, it made our room smell as well. For the amount of money we paid for the room each night it was definitely NOT worth that amount of money. I would not recommend this hostel to anyone.

Hello Irene, Thanks for your review, we always try to improve! I'm sorry that you didn't have a good stay, but thanks for your comments. We worked on the smell, and improved the communication with the cleaning staff that no client has anymore a dirty room. I checked as well the pictures on the website. Sorry again for the inconviences and thank you for the feedback! Greets, Pamela.

I enjoyed staying in the hostel. One thing that I had a problem was to find enough electric sockets to charge my phone and laptop.

• 31st Mar 2013
  • South Korea

Very good beds in the 3 beds room, the bathrooms where clean but the watherpressure was so low, that hairwashing was not possible.

Very good location, it is in the very center of the old city. All of the destinations are quite near from the hostel. Nice staffs, and really helpful.

Certainly best hostel I ever been. Rooms are clean and very confortable, just with 3 o 4 beds. There are no bunk beds and air conditioning! Towel is for free. staff were lovely,they speak more than 5 lenguages and always available to help you.