Hostal El Arbol Reviews

Calle Eduardo de la Barra # 29, La Serena, Chile

Small, but cozy. Very tidy and clean. Good breakfast including freshly made pineapple juice. This reviewed is based ona one night stay. Would stay there again.

Downtown review. Only stayed 1 night so possibly not a good judge, but all seemed very good. Very compact and located between the bus terminal and the town itself (not really "in the heart"). Good WiFi, comfortable beds, kitchen seemed well equipped and ordered, good breakfast (cereals, fresh toast and freshly squeezed juice, tea/ coffee), friendly and helpful staff, very clean.

A very good choice in La Serena. Nice house, on a quiet street located across the street from the Japanese gardens. Bus station and shopping areas are close as well. Good breakfast, and very friendly and helpful staff!

The staff were incredibly helpful and friendly and went out of the way to help mr organise the next part of my trip. The hostel itself was clean, comfortable and had a good atmosphere and breakfast.

• 29th Mar 2015

I arrived here unwell, staff was very friendly and tried to help as much as they could. Very clean and tidy. Dorm is quite small but not an issue. Great location.

I really liked this hostel! First day i stayed in the 8 dorm, which was Very quiet and had a Nice relatively big bathroom. Second night i stayed in de 4 dorm downstairs, which was noisier because it's next to the reception and breakfast and kitchen. The bathroom belonging to this dorm is also used by everone arriving and waiting in the hostel, so i think that one is too expensive for what it's worth. Breakfast is simple (suggestion: yoghurt). Staff was really Nice and helpful and spoke english!

Had a great stay at the Downtown hostel, cute establishment! Breakfast is ok , it's not a "buffet" type deal - you get served (we got 2 slices of bread, one of them toasted, one sort of jam, one slice of cheese, a glass of melon-juice and coffee/tea/milk, and cereal). Location is nice, quiet at night. Staff is lovly and friendly, but a bit hard to communicate in english with some of them. Had a private room, it was great, good beds, upstairs bathroom is the cleanest I've seen in months.

Thanks for your good comment!

Great stay.

Thank you ! :)

Stayed in this hostel for 3 nights and a wonderful time in La Serena. Great place to meet people and plan your trips as staff will go out of their way to help you on top of being some of the mosts warm-hearted people ever to run a hostel. Full recommandation :)

Thank you for your nice comment !! We really enjoy making our guests feel happy and at home! :)

This is the best hostel I have stayed for while and ever in south America. Staff is lovely. House is super clean and comfortable.

Thank you for your comment , Simo ! We are happy that you enjoyed your stay with us !! Good luck!

Wow this is such a gem of a hostel! The cleanest place I think I have stayed on my whole trip and Alejandra the host is amazing. It is essentially her family house and so has a huge garden, feels so homely and is just lovely. Would definitely stay here again!

Just want to say I had a fabulous time staying here just what I needed after 6 months of traveling, I chilled out so much I stayed another day, the grounds are beautiful and close to everything, I will come back here for sure one day thanks again Carl

Great stay at El Arbor. The cheerful staff is excellent, always willing to help with ant questions you have and make good recommendations for restaurants etc. Beautiful beach only 15 minutes walk.

Nice hostel for a night. There are two... one in the city and one at the beach, be sure to pick the right one! I stayed in the one in the city, although you have to walk ten minutes to get to the main plaza. Beds are comfy. Bathroom is really tiny (I was staying in the ground floor). Breakfast is mediocre.

Really Iiked the hostel, it was a pity I was just passing by. Next time I will try to stay a little more. I loved the bed - really soft and comfortable - and the bathrooms. The gardens are really nice. I felt I was in a kind of hostel resort. :)

Thank you!! :)

Stayed at the beach hostel for 3 nights. Very nice family owners. Good dorms (although they could probably do with some AC, as leaving the windows open = mosquitos!) Great, free breakfast in the mornings. Reliable wifi. Friendly and social vibe. 5 mins walk to the beach and supermarket. Not too far from downtown either, for all the bars / restaurants. Definitely recommended.

Thank You!!

Beach. Great hostel that is more like a home. The staff are a family so the place has a really nice feel to it and they are all super friendly. The hostel itself is very chilled but is still a good place to meet people as everyone chills in the kitchen area which is well equipped and nice and clean. The 5 bed dorm is recommended as it is bright and airy. You can also sleep in a tent if you prefer. Would highly recommend visiting La Serena just to chill here and wind down.

El Arbol Beach : good hostel if you want something veryyyy calme : no music, no ambiance. But you're near the beach, it's cool...

You only can check in until 9 pm!!!!! If you want to check in after, you have to tell them. Nice hostel, very clean and comfy :-)

This place feels more like a home stay than a hostel but is really lovely. Big duvets, modern bathrooms. The beach is slightly further away than advertised, I would say a 20 - 25 minutes walk away but still within walking distance. There is a lovely outdoor area and although the kitchen is small we had no problems cooking

« first « Prev 1 2 3