Hostal El Arbol Reviews

Calle Eduardo de la Barra # 29, La Serena, Chile

one of the best hostels I have stayed at. The staff was amazing and allowed us to stay after check out since we had a late bus. We left our things there and wandered around town for awhile. Great value for the price and even included breakfast. I would return in a heartbeat!

lovely little hostel more like a home.Susanna and Juanita were very friendly and helpful very nice and cosy!

Awesome hostel, great breakfast, very very nice and helpful staff!

• 30th Sep 2014

A cute little house converted into a small hostel. Dorm rooms were small but nice, linen and towels provided, common room, communal kitchenette, excellent wifi and cooked breakfast every morning was a lovely change from the standard white roll and jam at most hostels. Lockers were provided although the keys seemed to open several and the property was gated and locked at all times. Overall a nice stay and nothing to fault.

Lovely hostel; Small, friendly and immaculately clean. We stayed in the town branch but visited beach hostel for drinks. Beach also the family home which was a bit odd but nice property. Town is probably better location. Great breakfast, lovely lovely ladies running to show.

The staff were extremely friendly here! The hostal is a bit of a walk from the beach and from the city center, although if you're there for the Japanese garden, it's right next to it. A nice, chill atmosphere and a great breakfast.

We stayed at both the beach house and main hostels. Both were welcoming and well appointed, with the beach house also being the owner's home. This is actually a good thing, as Izzy is lovely, happy to give advice, and has a pretty home, and you never once feel in the way. Breakfast is well above average, and cable TV, hot showers and a book exchange can be found. An obvious choice in La Serena!

Be careful when booking because there are two different hostels (BEACH and DOWNTOWN), even if there is only one address. I accidentally booked a room in the beach hostel, and my friends were staying in the downtown one. I could fortunately switch to the downtown, but this isn't usual, the hostel is usually full.

• 15th Aug 2014
  • Colombia

Great hostel, staff were super cool and breakfast was one of the best I´ve had. Close to the beach which was nice. Super clean and good lockers with awesome beds. Highly reccomend.

Beautiful hostel, one of the best we've stayed at on our whole trip. The owner has created a lovely welcoming and relaxing environment. Exceptionally clean and excellent facilities. Breakfast is also very good - eggs, fruit, home-made jams etc. Perfect for travellers who would like to relax and feel at home for a couple of days. Thank you so much for a lovely stay :)

Wonderful staff and breakfast. Very clean and secure.

Great hostel! The staff were the most friendliest people, so helpful and friendly. The breakfast was one of the best breakfast I had in my trip in South America and the beds were so comfortable, they have been the best hostels beds I've stayed in my life!! Great location and good facilities. I can't complain. I will deffo come back to this hostel again. Loved it and I recommend it for sure!!!

Thank you Juanita, Isabel, Alejandra and the rest of the staff for a lovely stay! This small, welcoming hostel was perfect for our time in La Serena. Breakfast is wonderful, all the spaces are super clean, and the staff are incredibly helpful in navigating the different activities in the whole area. Highly recommended for a quiet and comfortable place to stay.

i stayed here 4days. i was a dificult to find a hostel. about 10~15minutes from bus terminal by walking. also nearby centro. just 5 minutes. managers are very kind. you can get many informations. and very cheaper than other hostels.

The cosiest hostel I've stayed at yet in South America. Excellent beds/linen. The 8 bed dorm has a partition wall, so there's more privacy. The maid is so sweet and makes nice breakfast, one morning we had eggs. She picks herbs for tea when you're unwell. The hostel is very clean, a cosy Spanish home-turned-hostel. Everything is within walking distance. The wifi wasn't very good but the staff were trying to fix it. Thanks so much El Arbol! Stephanie.

The best Hostel in 5 month travelling. A real homefeeling place with a lovely staff. A place you like to live.

The location was great, close to the center and at the same time in a very nice neighbourhood. The staff was amazing, very helpful and friendly. Tasty breakfast with fresh juice.

• 20th Jul 2014
  • Norway
  • Mixed Group, 41+

Cute little hostel that is more of a house. I had adivsed i would arrive between 5-6pm and got there right on 5:30 but the place conpletely locked up. I tried calling, no answer. It was cold and getting dark. Eventually a young guy arrived and let me in. I think he is the son of the owner who was away. He didn't light the fire that night so it was freezing. He was the only downer. When other people were in charge the place was warm, cosy and great. Simple but nice breakfast.

Hostel El Arbol was absolutely amazing! Great location, great staff, clean and very secure. Awesome breakfast as well, felt like I was at home again.

The rooms are very small and the showers could need a renovation. But the staff was friendly and the breakfast was good.