Hostal El Arbol Reviews

Calle Eduardo de la Barra # 29, La Serena, Chile

The atmosphere is probably the best part. La Serena is not a very pleasant city in my opinion. Dirty, consumerist, too many people. But Hostal El Arbol is a little walled paradise with palm trees and charming decor. The kitchen/hangout area is an excellent place to meet people and spend chill nights just talking. If you want to party in the city, there are usually people to join. It is one of the cleanest hostels. The staff are helpful and friendly.

• 19th Jan 2015

I love this place. The most enchanting little hidden hamlet of trees and greenery. A fenced in oasis of relaxation and fun. The staff are the loveliest women imaginable and are beautiful and full of smiles, fun and cheer. Stay here. I have already been here two weeks and I never want to leave. The beach is close and the Supermarket nearby has everything you could possibly want.

So nice hostel! Close to the shopping mall, very nice staff, breakfast. So cozy. They gave me different suggestions what I should do. You can rent bikes there.

I stayed at the beach location, it's amazing! Really quite, surrounded by trees and gardens. It's a short walk down to the beach, but not super far from the supermarket and downtown either. The breakfast is simple, but nice. The beds are good, the showers are hot, though sometimes it's hard to keep them from being too hot or too cold.

The hostel is very good , very clean , the breakfast is the best ever , with natural juis and egg :) But the shower and bathroom was very small

Very nice Hostel, great staff and good location.

• 8th Jan 2015

Nice little hostel, however this also means that the downstairs bathroom and the kitchen are tiny.

Very nice and clean hostel. The breakfast was excellent ;-) Highly recommendable!

Hostal El Arbol is a very small and homey hostel and definitely one of the cleanest I've ever seen. The distance to the beach is quite large though. Staff has been very helpful.

The ladies at reception were so nice- making us truly feel at home! Very comfortable stay, decent breakfast, nice warm shower (although only 2 bathrooms but never a problem!), only complaint is noisy guests when in downstairs dorm, otherwise a perfect stay!

Really nice, quiet hostel close to the town. Main downside is size, small rooms and bunks made it difficult. Tiny kitchen, expect to wait.

The staff were amazing, helped me to rent a bike and detailed a route along the coast and made an amzing breakfast. Also, the facilities were very clean, with a new kitchen.

• 16th Dec 2014

One of the best hostels I've stayed in, and I stayed in an 8-person room. Rooms come with lockers that you get a key for, breakfast is great (we had cereal, oatmeal, freshly blended juice, coffee, nice bread, cheese, and more), and Isabel is a wonderful hostess. The kitchen is a little small and the refrigerator is especially small, but it's a small price to pay for the nice living and dining areas that are provided. I very much recommend this hostel. Ojo: nothing in the town is open on Sundays!

very cosy hostel great staff good times!

Owner was perfect - arranged tours for us, rental car, drew brilliant road maps, couldn't have asked for more… apart from being able to take that awesome bed with us.

Very, very nice to stay here. Had the cleanest kitchen that we have encountered so far. Would come bac!

Great hostel, we only stayed one night, wish we had more time there.

It was an amazing stay! It felt like home!! Muchas gracias Por todo!! Me senti Como en mi casa!! Bessitos

Great hostel! Feels really like home. Staff is very friendly. Rooms are good and you have your own locker. Breakfast is great and you get enough. Loved this place!

• 2nd Dec 2014

Staff are incredibly helpful, breakfast is excellent, and the beds are comfy. Best hostel in Chile by a mile.