Hostal El Arbol Reviews

Calle Eduardo de la Barra # 29, La Serena, Chile

The location was great, close to the center and at the same time in a very nice neighbourhood. The staff was amazing, very helpful and friendly. Tasty breakfast with fresh juice.

• 20th Jul 2014
  • Norway
  • Mixed Group, 41+

Hostel El Arbol was absolutely amazing! Great location, great staff, clean and very secure. Awesome breakfast as well, felt like I was at home again.

The rooms are very small and the showers could need a renovation. But the staff was friendly and the breakfast was good.

Probably the best breakfast I've ever had in a hostel, the other big plus is the atmosphere of cozyness that made me feel at home at all times. Warm fire, big TV, definitely looking forward to come back!

Very comfortable and clean place. Little kitchen but sufficient.

• 2nd Jun 2014
  • Czech Republic

Such a cute little place. The staff are really lovely and make you feel really welcome. The place feels more like a home where you can just chill out. Only downer was that there was 1 bathroom for about 20 people, but other than that, it was a great stopover.

I stayed in the beach hostel; basically someone’s house with a large kitchen, small living room/social area, and an outhouse where the dorms are. It’s a nice location (on the edge of town close to the beach, down rural tracks) but not sure if some people would be comfortable with the walk past the playing fields. Bed felt a bit rickety but was comfy enough.

There wasn't room for us in the main hostel so we had to move to one further from town, the owner was really nice but it was abit annoying. Close to a big supermarket. A really homely feeling, the most comfortable beds I've slept in my whole trip! Really clean.

Fantastic hostel. Warm cozy, SO clean with crisp white sheets and lovely down duvets to keep you warm. Staff are really lovely, especially the breakfast lady and the breakfast is nicely served at a big communal table. It changes daily, milk, cereal, toast and eggs/ham

A really beautiful little house with a homely atmosphere, good breakfast and WiFi. The rooms were a bit small, but the matresses were comfortable. Shower was together with the toilet and was tiny, which was probably the only minus I could give this place. :)

Stayed in a twin bedroom with friend as it was so cheap! When we first arrived there was a cute Spanish lady who we checked in with, but our Spanish was very limited and we were worried we weren't going to be able to ask questions about how to get around or book tours. Luckily the owner was around later who speaks perfect English! Managed to book a tour to penguins, astronomy observatory and get a local bus to elqui valley. Common room is small but cute. The whole place is very homely and cute.

Nice to stay in a home! One of the best places I've stayed on my 10 month trip

I was booked for the beach hostel, which was not clear for me at time of booking. But it was great. Nice house with abig garden. Perfect to hang around with other backpackers at evening. I slept in a nice dorm in a small house besides the main house. When I arrived at the city hostel, the owner brought me by car to the beach hostel. THe only small disadvantage of the beach hostel is that the area around the hostel is very dark. The owner said the city is safe, but one might feel a bit unsafe.

The owner and the staff are the nicest people. There is a good atmosphere aand because the hostel is not too big and you have breakfast at one big table with everyone, contact with others is easily made but you dont have to. The beds are really comfortable and clean. The hostel at the beachhas a huge garden with different places to sit, it is a holiday in aitself to go there for a night and be so close to the beach. I would definitely recommend it.

Beautiful hostel, like a home. I felt so welcome and the ladies who run the place are super kind, helpful and sweet. I felt like family! This is the cleanest hostel I´ve ever stayed in and it looks and smells amazing. Breakfast is lovely and served on pretty trays. Literally, CANNOT fault the place. Exceptional.”

It was a bit hard to find - the directions tell you to turn right to find the stairs, but they are on your left. It's just next to the Japanese garden - which is beautiful btw - and it is a very picturesque little house with a tiny lush garden and high fences. There is a nice quiet patio in the backyard. Breakfast if superb. The dorm is tiny, but alright. And as we noticed, the place is conveniently close to the tsunami meeting point, too.

Nice small hostel, feels more like a home than a hostel. Very friendly and helpfull staff. Good breakfast. Would definitely recommend.

The best hostel! So comfy, really feels like home. Definitely recommend. When booking I wasn't sure which hostel it would be (beach or downtown) but I think the beach one is closed at the moment.

hostal muy amable. es chico pero tiene todo y el ambiente es familiar. además, es muy limpio y las camas son bien comfortables :)

A great, boutique-style hostel with excellent service. Very clean with nice breakfast. I stayed in the downtown location and was happy with it.

View all La Serena Bed and Breakfasts