Hostal El Arbol Reviews

Calle Eduardo de la Barra # 29, La Serena, Chile

Lovely hostel; Small, friendly and immaculately clean. We stayed in the town branch but visited beach hostel for drinks. Beach also the family home which was a bit odd but nice property. Town is probably better location. Great breakfast, lovely lovely ladies running to show.

Dear Liz, I I think your review refers to another hostel ,because: 1. We don't have a goat. 2. We are not located in the desert ( you say we have desert dust...) 3. We encourage social activities ( common barbecues ,etc) 4. We have24 hours hot showers 5 We have a dining room with a huge table 6.We don't have long term residents 7.We never keep trash in the yard 8.We don't ask for payment on arrival (you paid on Sept 19th,which was your check/out date) The Owner.

We stayed at both the beach house and main hostels. Both were welcoming and well appointed, with the beach house also being the owner's home. This is actually a good thing, as Izzy is lovely, happy to give advice, and has a pretty home, and you never once feel in the way. Breakfast is well above average, and cable TV, hot showers and a book exchange can be found. An obvious choice in La Serena!

Be careful when booking because there are two different hostels (BEACH and DOWNTOWN), even if there is only one address. I accidentally booked a room in the beach hostel, and my friends were staying in the downtown one. I could fortunately switch to the downtown, but this isn't usual, the hostel is usually full.

• 15th Aug 2014
  • Colombia

Great hostel, staff were super cool and breakfast was one of the best I´ve had. Close to the beach which was nice. Super clean and good lockers with awesome beds. Highly reccomend.

Beautiful hostel, one of the best we've stayed at on our whole trip. The owner has created a lovely welcoming and relaxing environment. Exceptionally clean and excellent facilities. Breakfast is also very good - eggs, fruit, home-made jams etc. Perfect for travellers who would like to relax and feel at home for a couple of days. Thank you so much for a lovely stay :)

Wonderful staff and breakfast. Very clean and secure.

Great hostel! The staff were the most friendliest people, so helpful and friendly. The breakfast was one of the best breakfast I had in my trip in South America and the beds were so comfortable, they have been the best hostels beds I've stayed in my life!! Great location and good facilities. I can't complain. I will deffo come back to this hostel again. Loved it and I recommend it for sure!!!

Thank you Juanita, Isabel, Alejandra and the rest of the staff for a lovely stay! This small, welcoming hostel was perfect for our time in La Serena. Breakfast is wonderful, all the spaces are super clean, and the staff are incredibly helpful in navigating the different activities in the whole area. Highly recommended for a quiet and comfortable place to stay.

i stayed here 4days. i was a dificult to find a hostel. about 10~15minutes from bus terminal by walking. also nearby centro. just 5 minutes. managers are very kind. you can get many informations. and very cheaper than other hostels.

The cosiest hostel I've stayed at yet in South America. Excellent beds/linen. The 8 bed dorm has a partition wall, so there's more privacy. The maid is so sweet and makes nice breakfast, one morning we had eggs. She picks herbs for tea when you're unwell. The hostel is very clean, a cosy Spanish home-turned-hostel. Everything is within walking distance. The wifi wasn't very good but the staff were trying to fix it. Thanks so much El Arbol! Stephanie.

The best Hostel in 5 month travelling. A real homefeeling place with a lovely staff. A place you like to live.

The location was great, close to the center and at the same time in a very nice neighbourhood. The staff was amazing, very helpful and friendly. Tasty breakfast with fresh juice.

• 20th Jul 2014
  • Norway
  • Mixed Group, 41+

Cute little hostel that is more of a house. I had adivsed i would arrive between 5-6pm and got there right on 5:30 but the place conpletely locked up. I tried calling, no answer. It was cold and getting dark. Eventually a young guy arrived and let me in. I think he is the son of the owner who was away. He didn't light the fire that night so it was freezing. He was the only downer. When other people were in charge the place was warm, cosy and great. Simple but nice breakfast.

Hostel El Arbol was absolutely amazing! Great location, great staff, clean and very secure. Awesome breakfast as well, felt like I was at home again.

The rooms are very small and the showers could need a renovation. But the staff was friendly and the breakfast was good.

Probably the best breakfast I've ever had in a hostel, the other big plus is the atmosphere of cozyness that made me feel at home at all times. Warm fire, big TV, definitely looking forward to come back!

Very comfortable and clean place. Little kitchen but sufficient.

• 2nd Jun 2014
  • Czech Republic

Such a cute little place. The staff are really lovely and make you feel really welcome. The place feels more like a home where you can just chill out. Only downer was that there was 1 bathroom for about 20 people, but other than that, it was a great stopover.

Our hotel can accommodate max 18 people and there are 3 bathrooms in total. One bathroom is located in the 8 people dorm, one bathroom in front of the 4 people dorm (where you stayed) and 1 bathroom upstairs. We are sorry you didn't realize that. Regards, Hostal El Arbol

I stayed in the beach hostel; basically someone’s house with a large kitchen, small living room/social area, and an outhouse where the dorms are. It’s a nice location (on the edge of town close to the beach, down rural tracks) but not sure if some people would be comfortable with the walk past the playing fields. Bed felt a bit rickety but was comfy enough.

There wasn't room for us in the main hostel so we had to move to one further from town, the owner was really nice but it was abit annoying. Close to a big supermarket. A really homely feeling, the most comfortable beds I've slept in my whole trip! Really clean.

View all La Serena Bed and Breakfasts