Hostal El Arbol Reviews

Calle Eduardo de la Barra # 29, La Serena, Chile

I was booked for the beach hostel, which was not clear for me at time of booking. But it was great. Nice house with abig garden. Perfect to hang around with other backpackers at evening. I slept in a nice dorm in a small house besides the main house. When I arrived at the city hostel, the owner brought me by car to the beach hostel. THe only small disadvantage of the beach hostel is that the area around the hostel is very dark. The owner said the city is safe, but one might feel a bit unsafe.

It was a bit hard to find - the directions tell you to turn right to find the stairs, but they are on your left. It's just next to the Japanese garden - which is beautiful btw - and it is a very picturesque little house with a tiny lush garden and high fences. There is a nice quiet patio in the backyard. Breakfast if superb. The dorm is tiny, but alright. And as we noticed, the place is conveniently close to the tsunami meeting point, too.

The best hostel! So comfy, really feels like home. Definitely recommend. When booking I wasn't sure which hostel it would be (beach or downtown) but I think the beach one is closed at the moment.

hostal muy amable. es chico pero tiene todo y el ambiente es familiar. además, es muy limpio y las camas son bien comfortables :)

A lovely hostel in La Serena, great staff and fantastic breakfast. A chilled out, friendly atmosphere. Very well placed in the city of La Serena although if you want to stay at the beach then its about 30minute walk (although there is a 'sister hostel' that is much closer to the beach!).

Lovely hostel! The staff were very friendly. The woman that makes breakfast was fantastic! We arrived very early but she let us leave our bags and we had breakfast for 2000 pesos each. The rooms were comfortable, although a bit squashed with everyone getting ready in the morning. Breakfast was nice and included bread, cereal, ham, cheese, juice, tea and coffee. Were able to rent bikes from the hostel. Close to bus station and 10 minute walk to town.

This is one of the best hostels I have ever stayed at. The staff are very friendly and they went out of their way to make our stay a positive experience. The breakfast is very good and the kitchen is excellent. I felt more like I was staying with relatives in their home than at a hostel. I highly recommend El Arbol hostel.

• 7th Feb 2014

Good time in this hostel!! Really beautiful place!!! And near from the beach.

I really like it ! Staffs are all good, and the atmosphere its great. Everything was pretty clean also !

• 28th Jan 2014

A nice hostel well furnished and well located. Good breakfast. Each dorm has its own bathroom. However beds could be more stable and less noisy.

stayed for 2 nights in the 8 bedroom dorm. The dorm is quite small and the beds make a lot of noise, it smelled a bit humid as well. The hostel has a nice patio where you can socialise. The kitchen is small. The staff is very friendly and helps you arrrange anything you would like. The breakfast is very nice with fresh fruit juice. It's close to the center but a walk away form the beach.

We had a really good time here. The hostels is family run and they welcome you in. We stayed at the beach location and it was perfect. The kitchen was really good. The hostel is located in between the beach and downtown, both within walking distance. It's quiet an relaxing.

This is a cute little hostel not far from the bus station and town. The rooms are very clean and homely and the breakfast really nice with fresh juice and cereal. Would definitely recommend this hostel if you are staying in La Serena.

Well its a very homely and clean hostel. I hope you like cosy, because the rooms and kitchen are small and there are only a couple of bathrooms for a lot of people.

Lovely hostel. Really enjoyed our stay here. we stayed in the 8 which was really 2 separate 4 bed dorm rooms. Beds were great, very comfy. Free breakfast. Very clean hostel! It's a short walk from the beach and right next to old town which is lovely. Great location.

• 12th Jan 2014

We loved our stay in El Arbol so much we prolonged our stay several times. The hostel is close to the beach, the supermarket, the mall and the terminal. The hostel is a small, but very clean and cosy with an excellent breakfast. The kitchen was a bit small. The beds were comfortable, but the bunkbeds made noise with each movement. It felt like home.

A really well run hostel with friendly and helpful staff. The beach hostel is a particularly nice place to spend a few days.

We were in the 'Beach' hostel, you share kitchen

Couldn't have picked better in La Serena - conveniently close to city centre which we preferred (20min walk to beach), wonderful maid with a big smile & breakfast greeted us each morning, bathrooms were impeccably clean with Dove soap(!), fast WiFi in communal area and the high quality of beds, furnishings & locks in private room gave it a homely feel. The only reason I gave less for Facilities is because the kitchen can only be used by 1-2 people at a time comfortably but it was well-equipped.

Very home-like feeling and the staff was super friendly and accommodating.

View all La Serena Bed and Breakfasts