Hostal El Arbol Reviews

Calle Eduardo de la Barra # 29, La Serena, Chile

A really beautiful little house with a homely atmosphere, good breakfast and WiFi. The rooms were a bit small, but the matresses were comfortable. Shower was together with the toilet and was tiny, which was probably the only minus I could give this place. :)

Stayed in a twin bedroom with friend as it was so cheap! When we first arrived there was a cute Spanish lady who we checked in with, but our Spanish was very limited and we were worried we weren't going to be able to ask questions about how to get around or book tours. Luckily the owner was around later who speaks perfect English! Managed to book a tour to penguins, astronomy observatory and get a local bus to elqui valley. Common room is small but cute. The whole place is very homely and cute.

Nice to stay in a home! One of the best places I've stayed on my 10 month trip

I was booked for the beach hostel, which was not clear for me at time of booking. But it was great. Nice house with abig garden. Perfect to hang around with other backpackers at evening. I slept in a nice dorm in a small house besides the main house. When I arrived at the city hostel, the owner brought me by car to the beach hostel. THe only small disadvantage of the beach hostel is that the area around the hostel is very dark. The owner said the city is safe, but one might feel a bit unsafe.

The owner and the staff are the nicest people. There is a good atmosphere aand because the hostel is not too big and you have breakfast at one big table with everyone, contact with others is easily made but you dont have to. The beds are really comfortable and clean. The hostel at the beachhas a huge garden with different places to sit, it is a holiday in aitself to go there for a night and be so close to the beach. I would definitely recommend it.

Beautiful hostel, like a home. I felt so welcome and the ladies who run the place are super kind, helpful and sweet. I felt like family! This is the cleanest hostel I´ve ever stayed in and it looks and smells amazing. Breakfast is lovely and served on pretty trays. Literally, CANNOT fault the place. Exceptional.”

It was a bit hard to find - the directions tell you to turn right to find the stairs, but they are on your left. It's just next to the Japanese garden - which is beautiful btw - and it is a very picturesque little house with a tiny lush garden and high fences. There is a nice quiet patio in the backyard. Breakfast if superb. The dorm is tiny, but alright. And as we noticed, the place is conveniently close to the tsunami meeting point, too.

Nice small hostel, feels more like a home than a hostel. Very friendly and helpfull staff. Good breakfast. Would definitely recommend.

1 2 Next » last »