Hostal El Arbol Reviews

Calle Eduardo de la Barra # 29, La Serena, Chile

Had a great stay at the Downtown hostel, cute establishment! Breakfast is ok , it's not a "buffet" type deal - you get served (we got 2 slices of bread, one of them toasted, one sort of jam, one slice of cheese, a glass of melon-juice and coffee/tea/milk, and cereal). Location is nice, quiet at night. Staff is lovly and friendly, but a bit hard to communicate in english with some of them. Had a private room, it was great, good beds, upstairs bathroom is the cleanest I've seen in months.

Thanks for your good comment!

Great stay.

Thank you ! :)

Stayed in this hostel for 3 nights and a wonderful time in La Serena. Great place to meet people and plan your trips as staff will go out of their way to help you on top of being some of the mosts warm-hearted people ever to run a hostel. Full recommandation :)

Thank you for your nice comment !! We really enjoy making our guests feel happy and at home! :)

Really lovely place. Comfortable and cosy. The owner and staff are really nice, friendly and welcoming. The breakfast is really really good and the beds are extremely comfortable. The hostel is more like a home stay and we did feel at home. It's a 10 minute walk from the bus station and walking distance to the beach and the Japanese gardens. Perfect.

This is the best hostel I have stayed for while and ever in south America. Staff is lovely. House is super clean and comfortable.

Thank you for your comment , Simo ! We are happy that you enjoyed your stay with us !! Good luck!

Wow this is such a gem of a hostel! The cleanest place I think I have stayed on my whole trip and Alejandra the host is amazing. It is essentially her family house and so has a huge garden, feels so homely and is just lovely. Would definitely stay here again!

Just want to say I had a fabulous time staying here just what I needed after 6 months of traveling, I chilled out so much I stayed another day, the grounds are beautiful and close to everything, I will come back here for sure one day thanks again Carl

Great stay at El Arbor. The cheerful staff is excellent, always willing to help with ant questions you have and make good recommendations for restaurants etc. Beautiful beach only 15 minutes walk.

Nice hostel for a night. There are two... one in the city and one at the beach, be sure to pick the right one! I stayed in the one in the city, although you have to walk ten minutes to get to the main plaza. Beds are comfy. Bathroom is really tiny (I was staying in the ground floor). Breakfast is mediocre.

Really Iiked the hostel, it was a pity I was just passing by. Next time I will try to stay a little more. I loved the bed - really soft and comfortable - and the bathrooms. The gardens are really nice. I felt I was in a kind of hostel resort. :)

Thank you!! :)

Stayed at the beach hostel for 3 nights. Very nice family owners. Good dorms (although they could probably do with some AC, as leaving the windows open = mosquitos!) Great, free breakfast in the mornings. Reliable wifi. Friendly and social vibe. 5 mins walk to the beach and supermarket. Not too far from downtown either, for all the bars / restaurants. Definitely recommended.

Thank You!!

Beach. Great hostel that is more like a home. The staff are a family so the place has a really nice feel to it and they are all super friendly. The hostel itself is very chilled but is still a good place to meet people as everyone chills in the kitchen area which is well equipped and nice and clean. The 5 bed dorm is recommended as it is bright and airy. You can also sleep in a tent if you prefer. Would highly recommend visiting La Serena just to chill here and wind down.

El Arbol Beach : good hostel if you want something veryyyy calme : no music, no ambiance. But you're near the beach, it's cool...

You only can check in until 9 pm!!!!! If you want to check in after, you have to tell them. Nice hostel, very clean and comfy :-)

This place feels more like a home stay than a hostel but is really lovely. Big duvets, modern bathrooms. The beach is slightly further away than advertised, I would say a 20 - 25 minutes walk away but still within walking distance. There is a lovely outdoor area and although the kitchen is small we had no problems cooking

This review is for DOWNTOWN. Great little hostel, very clean and home like. More like a B&B, no atmosphere though. Close to bus station and the centre of town.

3 dogs, a cat and countless mosquitoes. No screens on windows so you get bit all night. Mattress are so thin you can feel the wooden bed frames through them. Location is spectacular 10 min from supermarket, 5 min from beach, isolated property surrounded by trees. Other guests are fun to hang out with. The 3 dogs bark all night and one of them jumps on people. You can sleep in a tent for about 8.500/night with no mosquitoes but no breakfast.

It is really incomprehensible that you gave us such a bad score after extending your stay for so many days!! You first booked for 4 nights, and then extended for 5 more nights. Why would you want to stay in a place that you desliked so much... ???

Cleaner than clean! Breakfast was fantastic, beds are comfy albeit a little cramped on the lower bunks, and the location (downtown) is perfect - just a short pleasant walk to Plaza de Armas. I also had a medical emergency when I was here and Isabel (the owner) helped me get to the good hospital and was very sweet in checking on my wellbeing the next day. Muchas Gracias!

Best hostel we've stayed in South America. Stayed in hostel by the beach. Owner is such a nice lady, very helpful. Perfect if u just want to relax for a few days. Close to bus station, beach and shops. Highly recommended.

• 18th Feb 2015

Beautiful little oasis. Easy to find from the bus station. Close to beach (8 min walk straight down dirt road)