Hostal El Arbol Reviews

Calle Eduardo de la Barra # 29, La Serena, Chile

I arrived here unwell, staff was very friendly and tried to help as much as they could. Very clean and tidy. Dorm is quite small but not an issue. Great location.

I really liked this hostel! First day i stayed in the 8 dorm, which was Very quiet and had a Nice relatively big bathroom. Second night i stayed in de 4 dorm downstairs, which was noisier because it's next to the reception and breakfast and kitchen. The bathroom belonging to this dorm is also used by everone arriving and waiting in the hostel, so i think that one is too expensive for what it's worth. Breakfast is simple (suggestion: yoghurt). Staff was really Nice and helpful and spoke english!

Nice small house hostel, good breakfast, nice rooms but bunk beds far to low to get in the bottom! Nice staff but could be more helpful when arriving after a long night bus and check you in straight away rather than making you wait if there are available beds.,

Had a great stay at the Downtown hostel, cute establishment! Breakfast is ok , it's not a "buffet" type deal - you get served (we got 2 slices of bread, one of them toasted, one sort of jam, one slice of cheese, a glass of melon-juice and coffee/tea/milk, and cereal). Location is nice, quiet at night. Staff is lovly and friendly, but a bit hard to communicate in english with some of them. Had a private room, it was great, good beds, upstairs bathroom is the cleanest I've seen in months.

Thanks for your good comment!

Great stay.

Thank you ! :)

Stayed in this hostel for 3 nights and a wonderful time in La Serena. Great place to meet people and plan your trips as staff will go out of their way to help you on top of being some of the mosts warm-hearted people ever to run a hostel. Full recommandation :)

Thank you for your nice comment !! We really enjoy making our guests feel happy and at home! :)

Really lovely place. Comfortable and cosy. The owner and staff are really nice, friendly and welcoming. The breakfast is really really good and the beds are extremely comfortable. The hostel is more like a home stay and we did feel at home. It's a 10 minute walk from the bus station and walking distance to the beach and the Japanese gardens. Perfect.

This is the best hostel I have stayed for while and ever in south America. Staff is lovely. House is super clean and comfortable.

Thank you for your comment , Simo ! We are happy that you enjoyed your stay with us !! Good luck!

Wow this is such a gem of a hostel! The cleanest place I think I have stayed on my whole trip and Alejandra the host is amazing. It is essentially her family house and so has a huge garden, feels so homely and is just lovely. Would definitely stay here again!

Just want to say I had a fabulous time staying here just what I needed after 6 months of traveling, I chilled out so much I stayed another day, the grounds are beautiful and close to everything, I will come back here for sure one day thanks again Carl

Great stay at El Arbor. The cheerful staff is excellent, always willing to help with ant questions you have and make good recommendations for restaurants etc. Beautiful beach only 15 minutes walk.

Nice hostel for a night. There are two... one in the city and one at the beach, be sure to pick the right one! I stayed in the one in the city, although you have to walk ten minutes to get to the main plaza. Beds are comfy. Bathroom is really tiny (I was staying in the ground floor). Breakfast is mediocre.

Really Iiked the hostel, it was a pity I was just passing by. Next time I will try to stay a little more. I loved the bed - really soft and comfortable - and the bathrooms. The gardens are really nice. I felt I was in a kind of hostel resort. :)

Thank you!! :)