Hostel Galeria 13 Reviews

Rua da Ordem Terceira 23, Salvador, Brazil

What can I say about this hostel? Well it must be the best I stayed in during my time in Brazil. Arrived at 8am but check in was at 1pm. No problem they said, have breakfast! Staff are the best and the atmosphere was great. It couldn't be in a better location. Happy hour? Well I enjoyed the free caipirinha before heading out for dinner. Would recommend anyone visiting Salvador to stay here.

Absolutely loved to the max. I stayed here 2x during my 3months in Brazil. Everyone I meet I send to Salvador and directly back to Hostel Galleria 13, you meet the best of people and everyone has a great time especially during the happy hours. Its a positive vibe that makes you feel comfortable to trust everyone and with the two big dogs in each location you feel safer. The owners and accomodating and if looking to book a private room ITS INCREDIBLE! Huge with a indoor hammock.

Best hostel ever! Super-well organised, clean, friendly staff. Paulo running the hostel and Marcin nearby Zulu bar are the dudes! They know how to make your stay extraordinary. One more bonus for amazing breakfast!

They gave me an amazing breakfast before I even checked in (that is the biggest and best I have had in a hostel) and 1hr/day of unlimited free caipirinhas that promote a social atmosphere. It has an amazing location, close to a beautiful area for daytime exploration and nightlife, yet far enough away that you don't hear the noise from them at night. Kata and the breakfast lady deserve massive raises, Note: the dorm AC is useless. Despite that, its one of my fave hostels in South.America.

ahh the headache of trying to find a happy medium for the air con,too cold for some and useless for others.

Great hostel with very friendly and helpful staff.

• 7th Dec 2015
  • Scotland

We had been told Galeria 13 was the best hostel in South America by my boyfriend who had stayed there. We thought he might be exaggerating a bit but it was true!!!! Believe the hype! Clean, safe, lovely breakfast, free capirinhas, a cold dip pool, a gorgeous dog and the owner couldn't have done more to make our trip as smooth and easy as possible.

• 3rd Dec 2015

Perfect hostel in Salvador. Free Caipirinhas every day for an hour! Great location and great breakfast.

Such a great hostel! Staff were great. It's exceptionally clean. Breakfast was amazing. Must stay!

• 30th Nov 2015

Dorm rooms could use more power outlets & electric fans Everything else exceeded my expectations - Cheers!

Probably the best place to stay in Salvador! We stayed in one of the double rooms which was big, comfi and had a great view. Breakfast is great and staff is very helpfull. We weren't bothered by the fact that you have to ask someone to open te door. Most of the time you just ask the staff of the bar across the street and at night it's just a short walk around the corner.

the hostel was perfect, covered all bases. Breakfast, the room, the staff, the free caipirinha hour! One of the best hostels we have ever stayed in.

The hostel was fun and safe. They people working at hostel were friendly and willing to help out and answer questions. The breakfast was SO SO good!!! the location was perfect so glad I stayed here.

• 26th Nov 2015

It would be nice if the 10-room-dorm had a mirror in the bathroom :)

• 26th Nov 2015

A wonderful place! Amazing breakfast and a lovely, super-attentive host.

Great day and good for meeting people and having a drink without being overly big or crazy party atmosphere. Great location to main town. Would stay again. Good pool

Hostel Galeria was one of the best hostels I've ever been too. Safe, clean, friendly atmosphere. The guy in (forget his name but I think he's an Aussie) is a great guy to deal with. The breakfast was really good too!

One of the top 3 hostels of my four-week brazil trip! No wonder they were elected the best hostel in brazil one day! Had an absolutely amazing time with friendly stuff, great location, wonderful atmosphere and - best of all - an unbelievably good breakfast! :) I wish I could have stayed longer....

Really nice atmosphere, we were only there for one night but we would have loved to stay longer. The owner is very genuine and seems to really care about your stay and wants to help in any way he can. Staff are very friendly, breakfast is delicious - the best we have had so far in South America! Location is great.

This is one of my "top 5" global hostel experiences. The dorm has big comfy bunk beds and is clean and peaceful. In the morning you get a big breakfast with a variety of fruit, juices, pastries, coffee and a "cooked to order" egg plate with sliced sausage. In the late afternoon they serve free caiprinhas made with cachaca, a sugarcane alcohol. My visit included a weekend with a local street market and roving drummer band. You will have a good time here. Yes they have a friendly dog too!

Fantastic Hostel !! Big big thanks to Paolo and all the team at Galeria 13 !! Friendly staff, clean rooms, great breakfast until 12pm ! , free capirinhas from 5:15pm - 6:15pm (great opportunity to chill out in the garden and chat to other travellers) And 2 lovely dogs that roam around the property .....what more do you want from a hostel !! Pelorinho is a great area but personally wouldn't do more than 3/4 days there. Thanks ! Jon C

• 12th Nov 2015