Hostel Galeria 13 Reviews

Rua da Ordem Terceira 23, Salvador, Brazil

Fantastic hostel, definitely one of the best I've ever stayed in. Huge breakfast that lasts all morning gives you lots of time to sleep off your hangover. The set up of the hostel and free caipirinha hour ensures everyone socializes so even if you are shy it's easy to make friends. Had clean bathrooms and showers worked well. Helpful staff, super friendly dogs and though I read reviews of the owner being cold I completely disagree, he was a very nice and friendly guy.

Good hostel. Great facilities and services (specially the pool and free caipirinhas during happy hour). Breakfast is really good and the dogs are really fun and friendly

Great atmosphere, very friendly and helpful staff

• 15th Apr 2014

This is my favorite and the nest hostel in Brazil. From the first moment you feel like home. The hostel nestled in the heart of Pelourinho which means that your sighting tour starts when you step off the hostel. The staff is friendly and tries the best to give you a lot of information about hostel, historic center, transport etc. They have free caipirinha hour every day which is a nice touch and the great way how to meet other travelers with whom I also spent great evenings at the dinners and b

You couldn't get a better location, right in the middle of the Pelourinho. The staff is extremely nice and friendly, they organize tours for you, there is a swimming pool, two gorgeous dogs (!), a computer for people to use, and free caipirinhas every night from 5.15pm tp 6.15pm. I highly recommend you this hostel.

• 5th Apr 2014

The best hostel in Brazil! I was meant to stay 2 nights but ended up 8 in total I just couldn't leave! Paulo runs a very tight ship! He looks scary Brit but he is absolutely lovely, has travelled lots and genuinely wants people to have fun time. The 8 bed dorm was spacious, enough room for bags and lockers and a big bathroom. Very clean hostel. Fantastic location! Fantastic atmosphere. Free caipirinhas each night and the breakfast by vanda is AWESOME! Best time, I'll definitely be back!

We loved this Salvador hostel, we had the best breakfast in Brazil and nicest room for two. Having our room been daily cleaned, we also loved the staff working there. However, as foreign travelers, you need to get accurate getting-around tips from the hostel but they direct you as getting a cab for 30 mins drive or do not speak enough to let you know the alternatives. Do ask more questions otherwise you will be mistaken and remember that not everyone speaks good English. Overall, nice atmosphere

I did write to this guest in English to get a bit of clarity as even though she was Turkish she had a full on london accent.For this reason i find it hard to understand what they wanted to say regards information.We are very careful to give advice with a lot of spare time Salvadors traffic is terrible.Of course something out of the ordinary can not really be regarded as the hostels fault a bus falling in a crater even though it happens is not a common day occurrence.YET! oh the roads!!

Paolo and his dogs are wonderful hosts! This hostel is one of the best hostels I've stayed at in South America. It had great wifi, great breakfast, a really good location, and free caipirinha hour which was awesome for meeting people. The rooms were secure and clean. I would definitely recommend staying here in Salvador!

The staff helped us a lot with various issue: they organized a walking tour around the historical center, provide us a transport to the airport at 6 am, etc. The breakfast was very delicious.

One of the best hostels I've stayed in! Great staff, loads of helpful info, and free Caipirinhas for happy hour is the best idea ever to help meet other travellers!! Smashing breakfast too.

I enjoyed my short stay at Hostel Galeria 13. I would recomend your place to others.

• 24th Feb 2014