Hostel HARUYA Aqua Reviews

1-12 Waki-cho, Kyoto, Japan

The hostel wasn't so far from Kyoto station, but we kind of lost when we just arrive in the first night , it's a bit hard to find. The female room walk way is too narrow , we can't really get though with backpack, but room is comfortable , staffs are really helpful , and the house is really old style Japanese house, really cool.

It's a nice traditional place, the staff are very friendly and it's easy to go everywhere from the hostel.

This was the most beautiful guesthouse, in fact three traditional houses together, and I was allowed to use the facilities in each. The staff were most helpful and gave me great tips about the local area - a great noodle shop, and an amazing 1920s ryokan style bar - will definitely stay there again.

It was lovely to be able to stay in an old traditional Japanese house at a reasonable price. The staff were so friendly, helpful and informative and we enjoyed our stay!

Evething was exellent here.The best place if you want to feel original ryokan with low budget. But my bad luck time,I come in winter so I'm freezing here even use a heater,my body can't handle this.Will come back again in autumn..

• 19th Jan 2014
  • Malaysia

We had an amazing time here. Stayed 6 nights which gave us plenty of time to explore Osaka. The best thing about this place is the friendly staff, facilities and location. Only miss was there was no cleaning of our bins and my pillow was a bit uncomfortable. Definitely recommend this place though. They also hold events such as calligraphy and sake tasting!

The staff was really kind and helpful! The hostel was really awesome to stay in!

I really enjoyed my stay at Hostel HARUYA Aqua. The hostel is in a traditional japanese House, with paper sliding doors and tatami mats in the living room and even a Kotatsu, which made us feel as if we had landed in a Samurai-Movie. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The hostels location is a bit hidden and it takes about 20 minutes to walk there from Kyoto Station.

Staffs are supper nice!!! very friendly and polite with great service mind. but the location is quite away from downtown and since their are 2 hostels HARUYA and HARUYA Aqua sometime cause a big confusion for taxi driver also.