Hostel HARUYA Kyoto

9.2
Superb 108 Total Reviews

• Switzerland, Female, 25-30
18th Jun 2017

I had a really good time at Haruya Hostel and can really recommend it. Clean, friendly, it's good located and you have everything! You can experience an traditional house in Japan (the only thing that the room was small, but anyways in front of the female dorm there was enough room to organise your things..) I would stay there again.

22nd May 2017

We loved staying in this hostel. It is not very active to converse with others but it is not like we were ever there anyways! There is so much to see and within walking distance. The staff were extremely helpful showing us places we should go and what time to do it. My husband and I had a private room on the first floor. We even had our own private entrance! Well worth the money and we would come back here if we meander our way to Kyoto ever again.

• Malaysia, Female, 18-24
16th May 2017
8.0

Very very friendly staffs, they provided lots of information and recommended places for food. It's a great experience to stay in an ancient shop lot, love the smell of the tatami mats. But I guess the only drawback is the really small room for four beds. There's no space in the room to organize my belongings, I had to carry my luggage out to the common area to do so. Maybe choose the other rooms instead of the dorm room.

8th May 2017

The rooms are comfortable. The walls are thin: if you're loud you will annoy other guests and vice versa. The toilets are located in a courtyard, so anticipate feeling the temperature out there. There is one shower, but having to wait for it is not often an issue. My only *minor* complaint was the lack of mirror not in the way of other shared amenities (sink). Out of my entire trip to Japan, this was probably my favorite hostel because of the overall character and the friendliness of the staff.

2nd May 2017

Lovely little spot with a quiet vibe in a 100yr old house. Staff are great and the place USB very clean and cozy. Location is a little further than I realized but also brought me through my favorite traditional district to get there and has a wonderful canal nearby that lets you see a quieter Kyoto that's still connected to all the main attractions.