Hostel Kyotokko (ex Kyoto Cheapest Inn) Reviews

783 Sabamatsu-cho, Marutamachi-dori Matsuyacyo Nis, Kamigyo-ku, Kyoto, Japan

Nice place if you are looking for something cheap. From the JR train station is really easy to get here by bus. Breakfast included and good security (free lockers).. Just try to follow their indications about time (check in especially) for not paying extra money. Good and helpful staff.

It was a good and easy stay. All I need and wanted was a place to shower and sleep and this fit the bill. It was one of the cheaper places I found but if you are a backpacker than you should be more than satisfied. Also, there was bread and coffee in the morning thrown in so that was one less worry and I could just start my day. Internet worked the whole time so I was happy. I stayed in the big dorm and meet some really cool travelers.

• 2nd Sep 2014

Nice location near the bus stop, a lot of nice supermarkets and I could walk and reach a lot of important sightseeing sites by feet. The common room isn't very big but it has a nice atmosphere and it was good for meet new people! Code to enter the hostel, lockers in the dorm, clean enough, bike rental and free breakfast which was a nice thing to me! ah! and a nice rooftop to chill at the end of the day. I had a really nice stay there! Good value for money for sure!

This hostel should have kept its former name, "Kyoto's Cheapest Inn", as it is more honest about what you'll find. It's just cheap, in the worst sense of the word. Everything feels unpleasant, the toilets stink, the bathrooms are tiny, ugly, and look dirty. And I'm not a fastidious dude. The location is not great either. I've stayed in much better places in Japan for the same price. Also the internet connection sucks, most people couldn't connect. At least the staff was helpful and kind.

Showers are not clean but they do the job! Location isn't great it took us a long time to find it and to get a bearings once we were there. Atmosphere isn't fantastic as the kitchen and common room are both in the reception. Staff are very friendly and helpful and the free breakfast is very nice. Internet comes in and out depending on where you are, best reception is in the "common area". As a hostel it does the job for the price you pay!

Nice and cheap hostel, altough not the most beautifull. Good common room and good chances to meet people.

I stayed at this hostel as a last resort since everything else was booked in Kyoto. Though I can't say I had a bad experience at the hostel, it wasn't a great one either. It's pretty far from the city centre and the dorms aren't that great. One good thing about this place however is the rooftop patio. Other than that this was a very mediocre hostel.

• 26th Jul 2014

The room was nice and quite big as well. There were a lot of cupboards, they provided towels and there also was a tv. They also provide free breakfast. The elevator could only be used for moving large suitcases, the stairs were on the outside of the hostel. It's not that close to the JR Nijo station (10-20 minutes walking), but there are bus stops in the street very close by.

Worst directions ever to the hostel. They make you pay for a map and to leave your luggage. Deposits for everything. Wifi doesn't work Really dirty beds The showers are in the living room where everyone eats breakfast and are behind some curtains and there are only 2 showers The bedroom was also a storage area for the hostel Positives: free breakfast

I liked this place a lot for its rooftop garden! Nice view from up there. Staff is friendly, breakfast is good, bathrooms are clean, beds are comfy, location is great near Nijo castle. Deffo a good place to stay in Kyoto.

Overall good. Facilities are good but not appropriately displayed. For so many beds, rooms remains spacious.

This place has all the character of a dried apricot. And they charge for left luggage.

Short walk to the subway. Super close to the bus and market. Beds are basic but I slept fine. WIFI was great from dorm room. All showers and sinks are on main floor.

Directions are not the easiest way to get to the hostel once you are at Nijojo Station but once you find the place it's very well located and the roof top garden is pretty cool! ps: you have to not mind snoaring, 20bed dormitory is A LOT of people

Ad says 10 people, mixed share but there were 14. No ventilation in the room with stale air, lifts cannot be used for some reason they are reserved only for "staff" use. The showers are dirty even by hostel standards. The pillows I was given had stains on them but a pillow-case was provided. It's cheap but for $5 extra, I got a much much better, non-shared room in another hostel with absolutely no complaints.

It was nice to have a little breakfast free of charge. The room was a bit smelly due to other travellers but that wasn't hostels fault. Not the best sleep I got here but the price was reasonable with good location.

The hostel is not very clean. If it's cheap it doesn't mean that it needs to be dirty. Plus it has not personality. A dormitory can be cute if you pay attention to details but this is not the case.

Very helpful staff and comfortable beds. The common area is a bit small and the showers could use some work but considering the price I'd say it's in good condition.

This was adequate accommodation and it was no problem staying there. It was cheap which was great, and we enjoyed the convenience of a free breakfast. They had lots of helpful information such as nearby subway stations and maps etc. The location was not great for us and next time I think we will chose to pay more for more comfort. Depends what you prioritise on your trip.

At the time I was there, the Wifi connectivity was horrible, no internet at all. I've used the public computer, but I would rather have handled my private conversations with friends and family on my own devices. Everything else seemed fine for the hostel.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7