Hotel Kawase Tokyo and Capsule Reviews

2-19-14 Kaminarimon, Taito-ku, Tokyo, Japan

It was a cheap Hostel and considering that, its a pretty good hostel. It could've been cleaner, for instance the showers had a lot of mold in the corners. Free soap tho. The staff barely speaks any English but enough so that it isn't annoying. The location was perfect though, you've got a subway station like 25m away and the sensoji temple is a simple 5 min walk. We booked the capsules and they were pretty cool, you've got your own tv and such. And a big enough locker for a 65 liter backpack.

• 2nd Feb 2016
  • tim141
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Just okay. Old building but good location. There is only one power socket inside the capsule where you have to unplug the television. Otherwise, there is another power socket outside of room.

A++, location excellent, good value for $$

Everything it's old and seems like never was renewed. The room was very small and almost can't get through it to my bed. But the capsule was big. And the hotel it's in the middle of Asakusa, an excellent location.

It's a very dirty and old hostel. If you have problems with this, don't book it. If you are tolerant about this is a very cheap option with very good connection wit Narita airport. If you go there just keep an open mind and take it like an experience.

Cheap prices, great location, very very close to the subway, but the beds were very very dusty. Each morning I woke up sneezing and triggered my allergies. Staff was neither rude nor overly polite. But you get what you pay for.

• 8th Dec 2015

Very friendly lady.

I was a bit reserved about booking this place due to some of the reviews I read but after my stay I wished I booked this place for my entire stay. The staff there were very friendly and spoke english well. The old lady there gave us candy and even made us some origami. She was always there to help us out and let us know about the hostel and kindly offering us tea or coffee. The place is on the older side but everything works and is cleaned everyday. It has all the basic needs for your stay.

Although this place is one of the cheapest around for the location (which is very good) you get a really dated and damaged capsule, that is so old and dusty I stayed awake all night sneezing (don't normally). Further to this when you have a shower you see the YEARS of built up dust in places. This hostel doesn't get cleaned at all, they just change the sheets. You may pay for what you get but even cheap places should not be this dirty. Even if it was cleaner I wouldn't stay again.

Not bad for the price. The building and facilities are dated, and as mentioned the atmosphere is nothing special. The common room was small and simple, and I was the only one using it. No kitchen. Still, the bed was clean and I got a decent nights rest so if you just need a place to sleep its not a bad option.

good, value for money, it is worth to stay there

Very outdated and the dorm smelt bad.

This capsule hotel is right where you come out of the Asakusa Metro Station, which connects to all the major subway lines. With just a short walk away from the main Asakusa district, you can't beat the location. The accomodations themselves are a bit older and smelled a little bad. But if you just want a place to sleep in a great location, then Hotel Kawase is a good deal.

Condition is horrible, night time staff friendly, but what seems to be the owner family is just a bunch of miserable and aggressive people. You could say It was an experience though.

They have to improve in the cleaning of the hotel and the staff member have to ve more nice. And as well need a out date in the computer sistem and the capsulas are ugly and the room small nasty.

Very nice location and price!

• 9th Aug 2015