Hotel Kawase Tokyo and Capsule Reviews

2-19-14 Kaminarimon, Taito-ku, Tokyo, Japan

The capsules were very comfurtable and all necessary facilities were there. But, the place advertises left-luggage storage if you come back later, the problem is that they have no such thing.

The lady that works there was soo rude that it ended up being funny for us. Woke me up 9:50AM (check out time is 10AM) slightly smacking my bum saying 'you have 10 minutes to gather all your stuff and leave, otherwise you'll get charged an extra night' and she would stay there looking at us packing our stuff up, saying 'hurry up!' every 2 minutes. She didn't even allow us to go to the bathroom or use the WiFI in the lobby after 10PM. If all you want is a place to sleep it is not too bad though.

I can understand the mixed reviews on Hostelword. Basically, when you go to this capsule hotel then be realistic with what you are getting and for the price you are paying. Overall it is an "Acceptable" place and although some people complain about the staff on the reviews, i can also see why guests would say they are rude.. But actually i disagree.. To me they seemed like genuine staff who are working within conservative monetary limits and so just be realistic and you will be satisfied.

The capsules are comfortable. The installations are clean. The wifi works good. Location is very good. The staff barely speaks englisg but they are willing to help. It was good experience for me.

Very good! Nice place, good attention! The Ms. is very nice and amable! Would like to come back

• 26th Dec 2014
  • Japan

It's kind of outdated but I liked it. I had everything I needed.

• 25th Dec 2014
  • Belgium

The capsules were really run down, old, and dirty. Clean sheets though. The capsule rooms has a horrible stench. If you don't mind then this place is great for it's location.

• 24th Dec 2014

decent place to stay except for the fact that my luggage did not fit into locker

Poor hotel. Very well located, but not so clean. The accomodations were very old, as all entire hotel. Staff poorly speaks english to assist you in any case. But for the price, I was not expecting more than that.

Aside from the location and value for money, this is one hotel who truly deserves that poorest rating. This hostel may have thought that tourist who are looking for affordable hotels are the poorest and should be treated unfairly. The Japanese lady in the reception was the rudest person i have ever met in my entire life of travelling. She must not be in the front line in the first place for she will continue to ruin the image of a fallen hotel. Teach the lady to be compassionate.

Very cheap capsule hostel, pretty far from city center, but with nice surroundings. Needs a renovation, capsules are really really old.

• 25th Sep 2014
  • Spain

If you need a cheap, well located place to stay in Tokyo then Hotel Kawase will suit your needs. Somewhere between a capsule hotel and a hostel the facilities are basic but if you are just looking for a base then you could do worse. We booked 2 nights at late notice thinking that we'd move if it was awful and ended up coming back when we came through Tokyo a second time. Less inviting for female travellers though due to communal washing facilities.

This is one of the cheapest and best located hostels in Toyko. It was only 1900yen a night and it's next to Asakusa station. Of course if it's that cheap then there has to be a reason. The whole hostel is filthy, everywhere around the bed was very dirty and dusty and falling apart but on the brightside, the linens were clean which is important. There is no atmosphere in the hostel, and the staff were all unfriendly and almost rude. But if you want somewhere cheap to stay, this is the place!

The hostel is really great and economical. The location is perfect to visit a lot of places in Tokyo.

• 10th Sep 2014
  • India

Wouldn't go back if you paid me! Of the numerous hostels I've stayed in years backpacking, the staff here were by the far the rudest I have met. At 10.02, I was standing by the entrance the women told me I must leave as it was after checkout. I told her that I had checked out 5 minutes ago but I was just looking for my wallet. She stood over me for the 5 minutes it took for me to find it, saying "hurry" "just go" every minute. Everything else was basic but the staff really got under my skin.