Hotel Kawase Tokyo and Capsule Reviews

2-19-14 Kaminarimon, Taito-ku, Tokyo, Japan

hands down best place I have ever stayed. don't know how this place got such bad reviews. capsule was clean and extremely comfortable, staff helped me figure out which trains to take, Wi-Fi better than any other hotel or hostel I've ever stayed in. also not mentioned in any reviews is the extremely useful tourist info center located around the corner a 5 minutes walk away. 10/10 would recommend.

I spent a week at Kawase, I loved it. The location is perfect, it's really quiet in the common room and non smoker, I took a hot bath every day, the staff was always friendly, this cool old lady even came to give me a slice of cake just by pure kindness. I know why some people wrote bad things, it's pretty old in there, you get what you pay for, but about the staff, they all look so friendly, maybe you get back the energy that you give...

• 8th Jun 2015

Staff not that friendly or nice, they seem kinda cheap and do not want you ask questions ot anything that deals with asking them for help, e.g. using the toilet or living room after check out... However overall I would recommend staying hefe as it is good, clean, in a nice location, not very crowded and the toilets/showers are worth it. It's worth the money if you just want a quick place to sleep!

Awful place! 30+ years old capsules very dirty, linen not changed had to ask for it. Arrived @ 3:20 they made me wait 10 min as check in from 3:30 b-room afraid to touch anything water Ok but lots of mould around. Kitchen and equipment so old and dirty that I wouldn't dare to touch. Real shame! What a shambolic place!

Kawase Hotel is good location just 5mins walk to sensoji temple

ทำเลดีมาก ราคาถูก โดยรวมถือว่าดีแต่ดูเก่าๆนิดนึงและห้องอาบน้ำน้อยไปหน่อย

Kawase is a good hotel with reasonable price and good location but they should be redecorate their hotel.

disgusting, never seen an hostel like that! Very dirty and everything so old. Many things broken. The capsules may be bad for health because of old dust and so...

good location and price, easy facilities and the lady in the reception is a bit colonel, but not eating anybody jaja only for sleep is fine

It is what it is. I booked it for my last two nights because I had an early flight at Narita and it was easy to jump on the Asakusa line straight to the airport. The location is also nice because the surrounding area has plenty of places to shop at, eat, and drink. The facilities are grungy and I felt a bit gross sleeping in the capsules that are easily 30 years old...however I've felt worse sleeping on some of my friends' couches. If you only need a place to sleep and are out, good pick.

Its proximity to Tokyo Metro station only 1 walk as told in website is true. Some restaurants, 7-11 ,Family Mart nearby. Walk to Asakusa temple is not more than 5 mins. Located at the tourist area, you don't have to go any further away. Sumida River tourist boat pier and bridge are 2 mins walk.

The old lady who owns/manages it was terribly rude and unhelpful.. I arrived & in 30 minutes she had upset me so much that I regretted ever booking with you and them.. A Japanese friend was coming to meet me there and my phone battery was dead,so I asked to send a msg thru their WIFI on my laptop, they REFUSED to help me make contact with my japanese guide.. Then when I said I had no other way to contact him and that they were being rude, she said she would call the police on me! LOSERS !

• 24th Mar 2015

For seeing Tokyo on a budget it was perfect. Being located in the heart of Asakusa the Skytree is just one or two train stops away. Also close by is Ueno, famous for it's park, zoo and museums. Okachimachi for it's markets and Akihabara for electronics, comics and games. It was my first time to enter a capsule bed from the side, and so much easier than entering at the end. As with all capsule hotels earplugs are a must for light sleepers, just remember to set your alarm a little louder!

• 23rd Mar 2015

Capsules must have been there for ages without too good caretake, not too clean overall but I got some good sleep here and simply pulled an allnighter if I wanted to party (subway really close but closes at 00:30 and a big lack of bars in the area!) Go here if you're a backpacker with not too high standards, if you wanna party then pay up a bit more for a place closer to Ueno or Shibuya.

The capsules were very comfurtable and all necessary facilities were there. But, the place advertises left-luggage storage if you come back later, the problem is that they have no such thing.

They wouldn't let us keep our luggage anywhere when we booked in early and it just sat in the foyer. We were rudely woken when sleeping past check in time. No towels

• 6th Feb 2015

The lady that works there was soo rude that it ended up being funny for us. Woke me up 9:50AM (check out time is 10AM) slightly smacking my bum saying 'you have 10 minutes to gather all your stuff and leave, otherwise you'll get charged an extra night' and she would stay there looking at us packing our stuff up, saying 'hurry up!' every 2 minutes. She didn't even allow us to go to the bathroom or use the WiFI in the lobby after 10PM. If all you want is a place to sleep it is not too bad though.

I can understand the mixed reviews on Hostelword. Basically, when you go to this capsule hotel then be realistic with what you are getting and for the price you are paying. Overall it is an "Acceptable" place and although some people complain about the staff on the reviews, i can also see why guests would say they are rude.. But actually i disagree.. To me they seemed like genuine staff who are working within conservative monetary limits and so just be realistic and you will be satisfied.