Hotel Kawase Tokyo and Capsule Reviews

2-19-14 Kaminarimon, Taito-ku, Tokyo, Japan

Very good place where to stay, free wifi, the capsule are awesome, ill go back there if ill go again to tokyo. The lady kept my luggage for one extra day when i checked out and she didnt charge me. If you are in tokyo go there!!! Next to the train station and close to the main attractions of the area!!!

• 7th Jul 2014

Good for the value. If you want a cheap night in tokyo

Location is fantastic, close to Subway and skytree. Staff is friendly

Hotel Kawase is exactly what it should be for the price. The building is super funky and old, and the layout of much of the hotel is cramped and haphazard, but the staff are friendly, the beds were comfy, there is a full bathing facility, free tea and a nice common space, and it is less than a minute away from Asakusa station. If you are used to staying in sparkling clean hostels with new facilities and young hip staff, then you will probably be disappointed.

• 19th Jun 2014

i want spend more time in Japan when i visit again

Great location, a nice common room and a good price. A locker is provided and the internet connection was fine. However, the place is on the grotty side and there isn't a great smell. That probably has something to do with the old smoking men dotted about the corridors... The capsule's look like they're from the early 1970's yet, somewhat anachronistically, there are pretty good modern TV's inside. Overall I'd recommend the place but remember you get what you pay for.

Did not like that you can not leave luggage after check-out. For the rest everything is OK. I recommend this histel for this price.

Dorm had a smell. Buff said.

I enjoyed my stay here. Capsules are old, but comfortable and clean. Good common room and decent atmosphere. Close to transport, but quite far from some of the main districts. Would stay again.

Great location and very close to the metro. However you get what you pay for, when you pay $20 a night in cash you can't really expect too much. The place was generally pretty dirty but the sheets in my pod were clean. I wouldn't recommend it for long stays but if you're on a budget I doubt you can find many places that are cheaper. It was an interesting experience living in a pod but the general uncleanliness would prevent any return visits. Front desk spoke some english

• 22nd May 2014

It is a capsule hotel will some pretty old pods. Has new tv's in them which was cool and the price was great but other than that i was a little shocked at the cleanliness of the whole place. If you need a place to sleep on the spot i would highly recommened it or any capsule hotel for that matter. But for a place to stay more than two nights go somewhere else. Staff did speak pretty good english though so asking for directions wasnt bad.

Amazingly friendly staff. One of the men working there was kind enough to teach me some origami and even gave me several of the ones he had made as a gift. I stayed in a capsule and it had a lot of room inside of it as well as a nice TV. There are bathrooms on every floor and a private shower, onsen and common area on the second floor. This hotel is also located less than a minute walk from the Asakusa station. By far my favorite place to stay in Tokyo.

AWESOME !!!!

Cross between dorm room and capsules, but comfortable and value for money. Capsules, Bath and Sauna usable, but need an update. You will sometime smell the smokers.

Although the capsule is old; the pillow, sheet, and the quilt is clean. The location is at just out of Asakusa subway station and close to Kaminarimon area. Staff is extremely friendly, and common room is nice. The down side is that it's old, if someone smoke outside the room you will smell it, locker is quite small, thought there might be enough space to put your big luggage in the room. If there is next time, I may still live here cause of I like the staff here ^^

• 5th Apr 2014
  • Taiwan

Stayed there 2 times, quite liked it. Literally right above Asakusa station, but quiet. Nice service, but they are very clear about their rules (e.g. can't leave luggage after check out - not for a second!). The place is old and very 60s. Kind of a sci-fi submarine atmosphere, but spacey.

I have travelled everywhere in the world. I stay at hostels, not because I have to, but it's because I want to. The dayshift staff at this hostel are extremely rude. There is virtually no social support here for a lone traveller. One staff member, not knowing that I understood the spoken Japanese language made comments about me that I found to be offensive. I would not recommend this hostel.

For the price it is excellent. Have visited various times and will go again. Not the cheapest place in Tokyo, but the price saved because of location (1 min walk to Asakusa station, Ginza Line) makes it cheaper than other hostels. My only complaint is that the booking dates seemed a bit broken. I wanted to book for 2 weeks, but availability was for only the first week. OK if fully booked, but I saw the 2nd week became free later. Had to make other arrangements at more expensive place

The best value for money in Tokyo! The principle of "Capsule Hotel" expanded to backpackers offers you an upgraded bunk with TV and fully curtained off space. Locker at the side of the bed, 24h reception, friendly staff, good wifi, showers, ...

I think for this price with this location is very good. I stayed here for 3 nights.And my stay go smoothly along my whole stay. There're every facility you need.Though it's not that new. The bad term in this hostel is toilet. It quite clean but it look too old and dirt .

• 11th Mar 2014