Hotel Kawase Tokyo and Capsule Reviews

2-19-14 Kaminarimon, Taito-ku, Tokyo, Japan

It is what it is. I booked it for my last two nights because I had an early flight at Narita and it was easy to jump on the Asakusa line straight to the airport. The location is also nice because the surrounding area has plenty of places to shop at, eat, and drink. The facilities are grungy and I felt a bit gross sleeping in the capsules that are easily 30 years old...however I've felt worse sleeping on some of my friends' couches. If you only need a place to sleep and are out, good pick.

Its proximity to Tokyo Metro station only 1 walk as told in website is true. Some restaurants, 7-11 ,Family Mart nearby. Walk to Asakusa temple is not more than 5 mins. Located at the tourist area, you don't have to go any further away. Sumida River tourist boat pier and bridge are 2 mins walk.

The old lady who owns/manages it was terribly rude and unhelpful.. I arrived & in 30 minutes she had upset me so much that I regretted ever booking with you and them.. A Japanese friend was coming to meet me there and my phone battery was dead,so I asked to send a msg thru their WIFI on my laptop, they REFUSED to help me make contact with my japanese guide.. Then when I said I had no other way to contact him and that they were being rude, she said she would call the police on me! LOSERS !

• 24th Mar 2015

Capsules must have been there for ages without too good caretake, not too clean overall but I got some good sleep here and simply pulled an allnighter if I wanted to party (subway really close but closes at 00:30 and a big lack of bars in the area!) Go here if you're a backpacker with not too high standards, if you wanna party then pay up a bit more for a place closer to Ueno or Shibuya.

The capsules were very comfurtable and all necessary facilities were there. But, the place advertises left-luggage storage if you come back later, the problem is that they have no such thing.

They wouldn't let us keep our luggage anywhere when we booked in early and it just sat in the foyer. We were rudely woken when sleeping past check in time. No towels

• 6th Feb 2015

The lady that works there was soo rude that it ended up being funny for us. Woke me up 9:50AM (check out time is 10AM) slightly smacking my bum saying 'you have 10 minutes to gather all your stuff and leave, otherwise you'll get charged an extra night' and she would stay there looking at us packing our stuff up, saying 'hurry up!' every 2 minutes. She didn't even allow us to go to the bathroom or use the WiFI in the lobby after 10PM. If all you want is a place to sleep it is not too bad though.

I can understand the mixed reviews on Hostelword. Basically, when you go to this capsule hotel then be realistic with what you are getting and for the price you are paying. Overall it is an "Acceptable" place and although some people complain about the staff on the reviews, i can also see why guests would say they are rude.. But actually i disagree.. To me they seemed like genuine staff who are working within conservative monetary limits and so just be realistic and you will be satisfied.

The capsules are comfortable. The installations are clean. The wifi works good. Location is very good. The staff barely speaks englisg but they are willing to help. It was good experience for me.

Very good! Nice place, good attention! The Ms. is very nice and amable! Would like to come back

• 26th Dec 2014
  • Japan

It's kind of outdated but I liked it. I had everything I needed.

The capsules were really run down, old, and dirty. Clean sheets though. The capsule rooms has a horrible stench. If you don't mind then this place is great for it's location.

• 24th Dec 2014

decent place to stay except for the fact that my luggage did not fit into locker

Poor hotel. Very well located, but not so clean. The accomodations were very old, as all entire hotel. Staff poorly speaks english to assist you in any case. But for the price, I was not expecting more than that.