Ideal Youth Hostel Reviews

C/Unio No. 12, Barcelona, Spain

My friend and me really enjoyed the stay at the Ideal Youth Hostel. The staff is really friendly and helpful, the rooms are clean and have perfect size. We really enjoyed the daily/ nightly "Entertainment" program and it was really helpful to get all people from the hostel together and have a good time there. Excellent stay ;-)

• 4th Sep 2014
  • Austria

If u like to feel yourself like in a big family is the thing u really need. Good people, everything is clean a lot of space. As for Marco and his animator team. These people are amazing and will help u with everything u need. They will teach how to cook paella, help with directions and of course will show u the secrets of nightlife of Barcelona. Thank u Marco for showing me around to understand how amazing Barcelona can be. Thank u and hasta pronto...

• 1st Sep 2014
  • Russia

The Staff was very nice... the atmosphere awesome! Every night there is something fun to do :) Excelent hostel !!

• 29th Aug 2014
  • Colombia

Hostel was in a great location on La Rambla. Rooms were pretty standard hostel rooms. Big common area with good wifi. The people there were really cool when I stayed. The rooftop is the best place to hang out if you don't want to head out for the day/night. Would recommend.

The worst hostel of my life. During the check in they advise you to buy a locker from themselves for safety. i did so and after three hours my laptop was stolen from the lockers in my room ( in which only who has the keys have access). After the stealing staff did not help at all. Moreover the location is near the ramblas an ONLY touristic venue, full of prostitutes and dealers throughout all the day..

• 25th Aug 2014

We stayed here after staying in one of Barcelona's other main hostel chains, and we were very disappointed. The location is great, situated in the heart of the city, and close to the metro, but this and the great staff were really the hostel's only good qualities. The rooms were not very clean, and extremely hot due to not fans/aircon, and the beds were old and dirty. There was little to no atmosphere and the small kitchen was also quite unclean. Great for 1 night but not for any longer!

Great hostel! So much fun! thanks Marco!

• 21st Aug 2014

Great hostel! They had the amazing idea to offer us a animator team! Amazing nights tours with new differents places every night. Definitely this is a amazing place for make new friends and discover Barcelona.

No problems here other than the rooms being very humid which caused an unpleasant smell.

The location was unbeatable, however the cleanliness was disgusting!! The beds themselves were nice and the room layout was decent but it looked as if under the beds hadn't been mopped/swept in about 2 years, the bathrooms always smelt strongly of urine and were kind of dirty, and the "kitchen" was swarming in flies. I don't understand why the ratings were so high. The location was great but for €20 a night I expected cleaner facilities and staff who were actually even remotely helpful.

Thank you for your comment, we always pay attention to our customers opinion, in order to improve our services. You were staying in a ten-bed mixed room, and as expected in this dates , the hostel was very busy with a lot of movement of customers. Our cleaning staff cleans every day. All the staff tries to do everything possible to ensure guests the best stay possible, but certainly in the most busy times we need the cooperation of all customers, too. Best Regards

Bedroom should be cleaned more often, the breakfast is too early and IYH should organize evenments for people to meet. The staff is very nice

• 12th Aug 2014

We got rooms without air conditioning, instead in the site they tell us that they have. Yes, they have in the common areas, and it should be specified... The location is the best tip on this hostel; you’re in the heart of Barcelona. The staff either, is so kind and helpful! But with this money you can get better hostel in Barcelona.

Was ok... Late night arrival and early depart, nothing to write home about but was ok

• 5th Aug 2014

other than the bed bugs incident which plagued my room,the lack of internet access in the rooms and the lack of air-conditioning thats runs when you're in the room in the day, this hostel is pretty decent & average.I understand the reasoning for the wifi spot being at the lobby area,perhaps,it's to facilitate interaction which is good.wish the air-con could be on earlier at around 8 pm onwards rather than 12 midnight.

• 4th Aug 2014
  • Singapore

We really enjoyed our stay in the iDeal youth hostel. We where just staying for 1 day but still it was very Nice. Everything you need is near and the location is just perfect. The woman from te reception really make you feel welcome which was really Nice. We would stay here again.

• 4th Aug 2014

The location of the hostel is superb, the atmosphere was also nice with some awesome people we met. But, in August it can really hot in afternoon there. Can't stay during that time of the day. The bathrooms were very compact but, for that price and location, I couldn't argue more. Inspite of Barcelona as a synonym for Party city, the hostel people at reception were simply unaware of any good clubs, pub crawls or good places.

Helpful staff and great central location

No wifi in the rooms is my only complaint and no wifi after 2 AM in lobby.

Good place,awesome location close to trains and short walk to the beach and la rambla st is right next door. 10/10

What can I say, this hostel is very central, very clean and has nice/helpful people at the front desk. Check-in at any time whatsoever! Lockers in the rooms. Keycards for the doors. Public computers. All of this for a very competitive price! This was everything I was looking for so I'll definitely stay here again next time I'm in Barcelona. Other things to note: pool table, common areas, balcony in the rooms, A/C in the rooms, fridge for your food, computers, wi-fi (only in common areas).

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4