Ideal Youth Hostel Reviews

C/Unio No. 12, Barcelona, Spain

This hostel was in a great location so if that is what your main concern is I would go for it. but I was not too thrilled about the cleanliness of the place. The bathroom always felt sort of gross, the shower door was broken and sometimes barely any water came out of it at all. The door to the balcony also would not close, so when the air conditioning was on (which was great and super cold) would do nothing unless we could get the door to stay shut. There is also no kitchen to cook food.

Annoying how they advertise wifi but you cannily get it in the reception down the street from the apartments.

• 23rd Aug 2015
  • Scotland

Great location!

The location where perfect. walkingdistance to the beach, and to all the wonderful small restaurants in the gothic area. Me and my friend had such a good time there. The staff was very helpfull and friendl. We loved to chillout at the rooftop, but the firniture where a bit old.

I had an excellent stay at Ideal Youth Hostel. Great location, great price, great staff, great people in the room... It's too bad that there is not a proper kitchen to make your own meals, and you have to bring your own padlock for the locker. But except for that I recommend this place !

• 13th Aug 2015

The staff very all great - very friendly and accommodating. The bathroom facilities for the large mixed dorms & 5 bed rooms need to be updated. Also you can't put a lock on the lockers in the larger dorm rooms which is not great. The beds were pretty comfy & linen nice & clean. A few times the bathrooms were really dirty but as soon as I bought it to the attention of the staff they had them cleaned right away. It was a nice surprise to have the kitchenette but better to have a real kitchen.

The lockers are an absolute waste here.. They can be broken into easily. When I stayed, we had had instances of theft by breaking locker (including mine). There is no CCTV in the common area leading to rooms. Dorms have 10 beds and two electronic charging points. The wifi is available just in the reception area. So do not expect your rooms to get the wireless signal! The positive side was the location of the hostel.

• 6th Aug 2015
  • India

The staff didn't seem super friendly and the facility was dirty. The wifi is only on the bottom floor, not in the rooms which is quite misleading.

Some staff were ok but others weren't so helpful when we were asking about activities to do in the city. They basically said for us to research it ourselves. Rooms were crammed and need more power points only 2 for a 10 bed dorm. Apart from this it is a great location and was decently priced.

Very disappointing hostel. My phone was stolen while I was sleeping and all the staff did was point to a sign saying keep watch of your belongings. Well it was beside me in my bed since all the lockers were taken (and I saw signs of tapering on them as well). That same day I saw another traveler whos phone was stolen as well, this time right from the common kitchen. After this I attempted to use their common computers which were painfully slow and airline websites would not load at all.

Good place. Excellent location. The staff could be more friendly, though.

Nice staff, brilliant location. No air con or wifi aside from on the ground floor. Rooms were fine. Everything in the bathroom was broken.

They didn't have ac as they said they had. the room was very hot and the bathrooms very dirty. But the staff was very friendly and helpful.

Dear guest, Thank you for giving us your feedback about the hostel, our customers' opinion is really important for us in order to improve the service we offer. We are very surprised about your comment, we assure you that our staff does always its best in order to make your staying as comfortable as possible. We hope to see you again in Barcelona. IYH Staff

The terrace on the roof was the best thing we visited in Barcelona! There was no WIFI so it was not so crowded ;) , we could sit in the shade all evening, chilling out!

Hello! Thank you so much for giving us your feedback! We are very glad to know that you enjoyed your stay. greetz, IYH Staff

Friendly helpful staff. The Hostel is in a great location of the city! I paid £17 per night for a single private room, what more can you ask for.

• 8th Jul 2015

Thank you so much for your comment, your positive rating encourages us to be better every day and offer the best services to our guests. We are very happy to read that you enjoyed your staying at IYH! greetz, IYH Staff

Our stay would have been worse if it wasn't for the woman at the front desk. We didn't catch her name, but she said she was from Sicily. She went above and beyond for us and greeted everyone with a smile, even if they didn't deserve it. Give this woman a raise!

• 8th Jul 2015

Hello! thank you for comment, your opinion is very important for us. See you soon, IYH Staff.

No wifi in the rooms. Staff seemed too busy to help. Good location and a nice common area but I don't think I would stay here again

We are sorry to read your opinion about our services and to notice that is not positive but we would like to tell you that all comments are taken in consideration. However we are surprised to read your words since we can assure you that in Ideal Youth Hostel we always work in order to make our guests’ stay the more pleasant and satisfying as possible. Best regards from Barcelona.

Excellent location, could have done with aircon in rooms. breakfast choice v. minimal and rooms small. amazing roof terrace - very good social space. No WiFi in rooms/on terrace

Hello! Thanks for taking the time to share your comment with us! We have rooms with air conditioner and with the fan. The next time when you will make a booking ask with air conditioner. Many greeting, IYH Staff.

I really enjoyed staying at Ideal Youth Hostel. The only thing that bothered me, was the kitchen. If I intended to stay longer, i would look for a Hostel that provides a stove. I think it is not enough to provide only a microwave.

Very good location but can't say the same about the facilities. Also, most dorms seem to have only 2 power plugs that you have to share with other 10 people. It is a "modern problem".