Ideal Youth Hostel Reviews

C/Unio No. 12, Barcelona, Spain

We got rooms without air conditioning, instead in the site they tell us that they have. Yes, they have in the common areas, and it should be specified... The location is the best tip on this hostel; you’re in the heart of Barcelona. The staff either, is so kind and helpful! But with this money you can get better hostel in Barcelona.

Was ok... Late night arrival and early depart, nothing to write home about but was ok

• 5th Aug 2014

We really enjoyed our stay in the iDeal youth hostel. We where just staying for 1 day but still it was very Nice. Everything you need is near and the location is just perfect. The woman from te reception really make you feel welcome which was really Nice. We would stay here again.

• 4th Aug 2014

The location of the hostel is superb, the atmosphere was also nice with some awesome people we met. But, in August it can really hot in afternoon there. Can't stay during that time of the day. The bathrooms were very compact but, for that price and location, I couldn't argue more. Inspite of Barcelona as a synonym for Party city, the hostel people at reception were simply unaware of any good clubs, pub crawls or good places.

No wifi in the rooms is my only complaint and no wifi after 2 AM in lobby.

Good place,awesome location close to trains and short walk to the beach and la rambla st is right next door. 10/10

What can I say, this hostel is very central, very clean and has nice/helpful people at the front desk. Check-in at any time whatsoever! Lockers in the rooms. Keycards for the doors. Public computers. All of this for a very competitive price! This was everything I was looking for so I'll definitely stay here again next time I'm in Barcelona. Other things to note: pool table, common areas, balcony in the rooms, A/C in the rooms, fridge for your food, computers, wi-fi (only in common areas).

I was greeted by Astrid and her lovely staff, they were so helpful and kind. Highly recommend this hostel, the private rooms are particularly clean and well maintained.

• 22nd Jul 2014

the staff was great, very helpfull! the location in barcelona is the best, right next to the main la rambla street and not far from the beaches ! rooms with a balcony and clean beds. there is nothing I would reproach !

Staff, location, faculties were absolutely amazing however when I was there a girl had her valuables nicked from her while She was sleeping

• 21st Jul 2014
  • New Zealand

Great location, helpful friendly staff, good facilities with lounge area and pool tables. Only thing is it's not as clean as I would usually like. But for the price you can't complain.

This is a fantastic hostel to stay at if you are in Barcelona to stay out late and party. Having said that, if you are planning to get up early to sight-see, this hostel may not be the best choice. It is very loud at night (our window looked out to a street right around the corner from La Rambla) and people come into your room at all hours of the night. The bathrooms have no ventilation and are fairly dirty but the rooms themselves were clean and comfortable despite being very small.

Perfect location, right next to the Rambla (main street in Barcelona). Place was clean and proper. Personnel was very slow but helpful.

• 14th Jul 2014
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Good hostel, awesome staff The only drawbacks was that there were to many groups of teenage (8-12 and 14-17) and the hostel were full of them therefore the commun was not really usefull to meet new people which is essential for a hostel. The hostel should consider limiting the number of group allowed at the same time

Air conditioning! splendid! employees like a family! super quiet!

Great location. Near the main Avenue, yet without the noise of the hustle and bustle of the touristy activities. The rooms were spacious, the bunk beds were not at all comfortable. There was no ventilation whatsoever. There was one very old,malfunctioning ceiling fan. There is a large refrigerator, and a dining area.

We stayed in this hostel for a week. The staff were excellent and could not do enough for us. Gerard was very nice and helpful when we arrived and helped us no end. THe girls on the desk the next morning were soo nice and were always friendly and smiling. V squeaky door on first floor. kept us awake. People above our room very noisy. Shower a little small.

Great hostel! The location is perfect for young people who want to stay out late at night. Perhaps not very clean the 8 beds room where i stayed, differently the bathrooms were clean. My padlock on the locker has been broken during my first day while i was visiting the city, but fortunately everything was still inside my luggage. Convinient and cheap, i'd recommend you all!!!

• 2nd Jul 2014

Right off the Ramblas, so the location is excellent. No free breakfast, but for the value a good place to stay. Rooms are a little small and wish the lockers were just slightly wider. I recommend.

The showers were a little bit stinky. But the location was good. I stayed during the World Cup so there were lots of people watching the game in the reception area which made it easy to meet people as a solo traveller.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4