Ideal Youth Hostel Reviews

C/Unio No. 12, Barcelona, Spain

Great location. Near the main Avenue, yet without the noise of the hustle and bustle of the touristy activities. The rooms were spacious, the bunk beds were not at all comfortable. There was no ventilation whatsoever. There was one very old,malfunctioning ceiling fan. There is a large refrigerator, and a dining area.

We stayed in this hostel for a week. The staff were excellent and could not do enough for us. Gerard was very nice and helpful when we arrived and helped us no end. THe girls on the desk the next morning were soo nice and were always friendly and smiling. V squeaky door on first floor. kept us awake. People above our room very noisy. Shower a little small.

Great hostel! The location is perfect for young people who want to stay out late at night. Perhaps not very clean the 8 beds room where i stayed, differently the bathrooms were clean. My padlock on the locker has been broken during my first day while i was visiting the city, but fortunately everything was still inside my luggage. Convinient and cheap, i'd recommend you all!!!

• 2nd Jul 2014

Right off the Ramblas, so the location is excellent. No free breakfast, but for the value a good place to stay. Rooms are a little small and wish the lockers were just slightly wider. I recommend.

The showers were a little bit stinky. But the location was good. I stayed during the World Cup so there were lots of people watching the game in the reception area which made it easy to meet people as a solo traveller.

Ideally located in the centre of the city, right off La Rambla! Decent hostel overall, but you definitely get value for your money

Its clean, and right in the heart of La Rambla, and close to the metro. The room didnt hace any AC so it got a bit hot at night, theres not really a kitchen, just microwaves and a toaster but it does jave a fridge so its not that bad. Only wifi in he lobby!

A really good place to be during your time in Barcelona. It's VERY well located, in one of the most important avenues of Barcelona, close to the metro, restaurants, shopping centers, traditional markets and EVERYTHING. The staff is very helpful and attentive. The atmosphere of the hostel is quite nice as well. The breakfast is cheap and good. The only complaining that I have is about the wi-fi that is not available in the dormitories, but it's not a big deal.... I really recommended such place ;

This hostel was pretty good. There aren't many plug ins in the room though so if you want to charge/plug in anything you must go downstairs to the common area. Wifi is also only available in the common area. Breakfast is a small fee and isn't anything special. I felt the rooms kinda looked like jail cells but the beds were clean and it was good value for the money that we spend

• 11th Jun 2014

A very nice hostel right in the heart of Barcelona, the staff were very helpful and overall had a very nice vibe about it. the dorms could have been a touch bigger but then again youºre only really there for a bed to sleep in at night. A very nice commonroom downstairs but unfortunately is the only place that you can pickup wifi. Still a very nice stay and I would recommend

Its a nice place with a friendly environment. Its ideally located and the staff are very helpful.

Annoying wifi policy. There's no wifi in the rooms and it's totally unavailable from midnight till dawn. Apart from that, a reasonable hostel considering the bargain price and its great location, pretty close to La Rambla.

• 1st Jun 2014

It has been a fantastic time at the hostel, the stuff was excellent and I thank Grazia for being so kind and very helpful with my friend and me. I d definitely go back again to enjoy some more days at the ideal.

Excellent place to stay. Well informed travel desk which made it incredibly easy to get around the metro station. Great bar and services however bed was not very comfy and showers not very good. But over all excellent.

The staff is nice. Locations is great. It is in middle of Main Street where all shops and tourist areas are. The bathrooms are old and wifi is only in lobby and not in rooms

I do not recommend this hostel. It was way overcrowded, not much of a kitchen, very dirty, and the lockers in the room were broken.

• 29th May 2014

First of all many thanks for taking the time to review our services, we value every client ´s experience as a unique one and appreciate any sincere comment that may us help grow and improve our services. On the other hand we want to point out that we do not advertise to have kitchen, only microwaves and fridge and also that the hostel is cleaned and maintained daily, with all day in house staff to ensure the proper working and cleanliness status of all our premises.

Everything is fine except the internet was really poor.

You get a bit strange initial feeling when entering into a hostel, it has some sort of underground club/cave like atmosphere probably due to the dim lights and stuffy warm air and whole lot of people giving you strange glances. But it's just an initial feeling. In fact, soon enough you forget about it. It's clean, staff is extremely helpful, location is perfect, and well, you get exactly what you pay for, maybe even a bit more. I would probably stay there again if chance arises.

• 28th May 2014
  • Bosnia And Herzegovina

This is a hostel ideal for quieter/older travellers and those less inclined to party. For younger people who want to party - even though it's right off La Rambla (good nightlife area), this hostel is dead. Also the shower was easily the worst I've ever had to deal with in a hostel, and the laundry machine ate 4 of my euros. But otherwise the facility was nice and clean, and the staff were friendly and helpful.

Excelent hostel!! Every thing that a traveler need is there!! AWESOME...