Ideal Youth Hostel Reviews

C/Unio No. 12, Barcelona, Spain

You get a bit strange initial feeling when entering into a hostel, it has some sort of underground club/cave like atmosphere probably due to the dim lights and stuffy warm air and whole lot of people giving you strange glances. But it's just an initial feeling. In fact, soon enough you forget about it. It's clean, staff is extremely helpful, location is perfect, and well, you get exactly what you pay for, maybe even a bit more. I would probably stay there again if chance arises.

• 28th May 2014
  • Bosnia And Herzegovina

This is a hostel ideal for quieter/older travellers and those less inclined to party. For younger people who want to party - even though it's right off La Rambla (good nightlife area), this hostel is dead. Also the shower was easily the worst I've ever had to deal with in a hostel, and the laundry machine ate 4 of my euros. But otherwise the facility was nice and clean, and the staff were friendly and helpful.

Excelent hostel!! Every thing that a traveler need is there!! AWESOME...

I liked this Hostel a lot! It was the cheapest I could find, but definitely not a horrible place to stay. The best things are the location and the friendly staff. What I didn't like was the very bad wifi connection (I only had wifi 1 of the three evenings and their own computers are extremely slow). Of course if you are not travelling alone like I was, this wifi thing shouldn't be an issue...

• 23rd May 2014
  • Belgium

The location for this hostel is excellent just off from the la rambla and a half an hour walk to the beach. There is no atmosphere so if your looking to party I wouldn't stay here. The wifi is terrible and there is no kitchen to cook your own food (only a microwave). The beds are comfy and the hostel is clean but I would probably chose somewhere else to stay if I were to return to Barcelona.

The staff are really nice, very helpful. As I booked the wrong train ticket, and they even helped me to phone the train station to change the date. And the location is perfect! Close to everything. And there are two bike renting shops nearby, it's so convenient to return your bike and then go back to hostel.

Great location and value for the price.

• 17th May 2014

My sister and I stayed for five nights and our experience was good. The staff was incredibly friendly and helpful. The only thing that was negative about our stay was that the wifi doesn't reach into the rooms. There is a terrace on the roof that's neat and there are washers and dryer that cost about 8 euros (I think) to use. The location is great because it's nearly right on la Rambla and there are 2 metros super close.

Good location, nice staff, good prices, good overall cleanliness etc. etc. Thank you for a great stay! :D Ps. The music might have been a bit too loud sometimes, in the chill out area and the dining hall, nothing more to complain about!

• 16th May 2014
  • Norway

Heidi thank you so much for your nice comment! It pushes us up to continue working hard to provide the best possible service. Regarding the tunes at the Lounge..er well, we will try to keep our Springtime pulsations lower.. and play music a little lower..;-)

There's no wifi in the rooms, only in the common area downstairs. We booked a double room with king size bed but for a problem in their system there wasn't a room for us and they offered a room in a really old building beside the hostel that we refused so they offered us a 4beds room that was the only choice available. By the way the staff was very kind .

• 7th May 2014

Thanks for your opinions that will help us improve our services in the future, and apologize for any inconvenience that we may have caused to you. Unfortunately we not advertise anywhere Wifi in the rooms, nor king size beds. Besides, the idea of a youth hostel is not only to be a cheap accommodation option, but also a place to share experiences and services with other guests, therefore we offer 400 sqm of Wifi area and also PC´s to use freely, among other shared services. Warm regards!

the best backpacker in barcelona. Location, price and atmosphere !!!!

• 5th May 2014

Very big hostel, with good infrastructure. Bad part was wi-fi, that did not work in the room and had very poor signal even when in the common area. Location is great.

Really nice hostel, in the center of rambla, 5 min to plaza catalunya and 5min to docks by feet. Clean room, clean toillets, staff helpfull...you will enjoy it!

was only here for one night and the hostel was fine for that. It was clean and good value for money but just didn't really have any atmosphere unfortunately.

The hostel was cheap and you get what you pay for a place to sleep and shower not much more

This hostel is really central, next to the Rambla e near the metro station so was really easy to walk around. It was clean but lockers didnt work. I would recommend this hostel.

Party hostel. Doesn't stay quiet even if you want it too

the plug socket for eache room is obviously not enough.that's really in convient. there's only one plug sucket in 8-people room.

• 15th Apr 2014
  • Taiwan

its really nice and good looking. My 8 people room had a cute balcony to enjoy of the sun. One night, i was very tired and they let me sleep a couple hours more. it was a detail!

Really good place to stay, only negative this was there wasn't a locker? Oh and the door lock was weird, it was okay and locked but there was a trick to it.

• 14th Apr 2014